Do you find it weird U7 is getting almost all the eliminations?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Do you find it weird U7 is getting almost all the eliminations?

Post by precita » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:57 pm

Of every characters knocked out of the tournament so far, only that first fairy girl wasn't knocked out by a U7 member. Every other character was knocked out by U7. Aside from Frost taking out Krillin, none of the other universes have taken out a single character. Does anyone find this odd? We have all these universes fighting at the same time and we don't see any of the other universes knock each other out?

They could have had Hit knock that spinning robot out of the ring that they stopped in the first episode, but they did not. I find it highly unrealistic if U7 managed to wipe out nearly everyone whereas all the other universes aren't knocking out each other.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Re: Do you find it weird U7 is getting almost all the eliminations?

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:11 pm

Well considering that everyone is out to get U7 because Goku kind of put them all in this situation, it doesn't really surprise me too much.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:25 pm

I find it weird that Napapa and Narirama are still in having been defeated. Why is no one throwing them out? Hit should have thrown Narirama out at the very least after he and Basil broke the robots arms.

With talk of...one of U6 getting defeated next week...I wonder whether they'll share the fate of Napapa and Narirama or someone will be sensible enough to chuck them out...

I was a bit disappointed Bergamo and Lavenda didn't also KO one opponent a piece, especially since they seemed so aggressive. Basil nearly scored two but big Bro Bergamo, the strongest of the trio didn't even toss out one weakling? Lame.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:36 pm

Seventy contestants from seven respective factional universes and yet all but one of the eliminations have been carried out by a member of Universe 7. You're right, it doesn't make sense. Much of the competition should have already been eliminated behind the scenes by other teams. It's only been a few minutes and U7 has already eliminated fourteen contestants or 20% of the opposing competition.

Regardless of their stature in power, the Universe 7 team needs to have some of these "victories" siphoned off, preferably from the Saiyans as they already have more victories under their belts than probably anyone else in this competition will be able to achieve sans Jiren, Freeza and Hit. The Dragon Ball franchise is one of the further things from realism, but in such matters like a battle royale where so many different groups are all vying for dominance, you could exhibit some common sense by portraying the other universes continually depriving others of team members and losing their own in the process.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:40 pm

Lionel wrote:Seventy contestants from seven respective factional universes and yet all but one of the eliminations have been carried out by a member of Universe 7. You're right, it doesn't make sense. Much of the competition should have already been eliminated behind the scenes by other teams. It's only been a few minutes and U7 has already eliminated fourteen contestants or 20% of the opposing competition.

Regardless of their stature in power, the Universe 7 team needs to have some of these "victories" siphoned off, preferably from the Saiyans as they already have more victories under their belts than probably anyone else in this competition will be able to achieve sans Jiren, Freeza and Hit. The Dragon Ball franchise is one of the further things from realism, but in such matters like a battle royale where so many different groups are all vying for dominance, you could exhibit some common sense by portraying the other universes continually depriving others of team members and losing their own in the process.

The problem is, the saiyans in our universe ARE the most powerful beings we have. We have no other defense, sure Piccolo and Freeza can do some eliminated, but Piccolo is working with Gohan as a team, and the androids...well doing their own thing. I'm surprised No.17 hasn't eliminated anyone by now.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:42 pm

Yeah it weird. Hitto should have kicked out Narinama and Frieza should have done the same with pig man, however, i wonder if they didn't do it off screen, because we never saw those two characters again, so, what are they doing? Sleeping on the battle stage?

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:24 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:Yeah it weird. Hitto should have kicked out Narinama and Frieza should have done the same with pig man, however, i wonder if they didn't do it off screen, because we never saw those two characters again, so, what are they doing? Sleeping on the battle stage?
Napapa is fighting Kale next week.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:35 pm

A lot of the eliminations we'll see next couple episode could be happening simultaneously..therws only so much time to show other fighters. They are doing it just right imo.

Besides I think it's clear universe 7 has the strongest collection of warriors. Most of the fighters in other universes even out so they battle to stalemantes. Where as universe 7 has basically 4 dudes that are just ridiculously powerful. No other universe has 4 guys like that. Even universe 11 only has 2 guys on that level.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:50 pm

julianix wrote:A lot of the eliminations we'll see next couple episode could be happening simultaneously..therws only so much time to show other fighters. They are doing it just right imo.

Besides I think it's clear universe 7 has the strongest collection of warriors. Most of the fighters in other universes even out so they battle to stalemantes. Where as universe 7 has basically 4 dudes that are just ridiculously powerful. No other universe has 4 guys like that. Even universe 11 only has 2 guys on that level.
I was feeling in terms of strength it went U9 < U10 < U4 = U3 = U2 < U11 = U6 < U7.

Kale probably will eliminate a lot next episode. Probably like nine or so.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:44 pm

I had a feeling this would occur where U7 gets all the attention. And you know what the worst part is: Goku, Vegeta and Frieza aren't even up to full power yet and they're racking up eliminations. We're lucky they're "pacing themselves" otherwise we'd be down to 10 fighters by next week.

Hopefully next week U6 Saiyans get some eliminations because right now it's way too U7-centric

Also do any of you find it weird that Jiren is just standing around? It's one thing for Gohan and gang to sit back because they're weaker. But Jiren is so strong that he could get a bunch of eliminations like Goku and Vegeta. I suppose the writers are waiting to show what he can do when the time is right.
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:49 pm

KingKaash wrote: Also do any of you find it weird that Jiren is just standing around? It's one thing for Gohan and gang to sit back because they're weaker. But Jiren is so strong that he could get a bunch of eliminations like Goku and Vegeta. I suppose the writers are waiting to show what he can do when the time is right.
If Jiren was fighting all out he could probably eliminate 90% of the fighters in no time at all. So it's probably the writers way of getting around that by having him be a statue for most of the battles.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:54 pm

Boo Machine wrote:
KingKaash wrote: Also do any of you find it weird that Jiren is just standing around? It's one thing for Gohan and gang to sit back because they're weaker. But Jiren is so strong that he could get a bunch of eliminations like Goku and Vegeta. I suppose the writers are waiting to show what he can do when the time is right.
If Jiren was fighting all out he could probably eliminate 90% of the fighters in no time at all. So it's probably the writers way of getting around that by having him be a statue for most of the battles.
While I totally agree with you, that is so bad when it comes to being realistic. But of course this is DB so I don't expect much realism. I'm glad at least Toppo is shown fighting
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:59 pm

Yeah, I do. U6 is the only other universe we know the most about, and U11 has Jiren. Those two universes should be given equal screentime with U7 wiping out the other universes, but apparently action only happens when U7 is involved.

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:11 pm

KingKaash wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:
While I totally agree with you, that is so bad when it comes to being realistic. But of course this is DB so I don't expect much realism. I'm glad at least Toppo is shown fighting
You're right, it's not the most cleaver way to take Jiren out of the fight. But I guess I'll wait to see what they do with him before I give full judgement. Maybe standing around has a purpose.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:15 pm

I kind of expected it but it's weird how they keep showing people from other universes just standing around like Hit and Jiren. I understand they're conserving energy but they should also be protecting their own weaker members of their universes or at least trying to get a few easy knock outs that require minimal effort for someone that strong like Hit or Jiren. The total lack of teamwork for other universes (except the trio de dangers and botamo magetta) does kind of bother me, and just because the trio de dangers failed that doesn't mean team work wouldn't be the best option.
Last edited by Zagacious on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:17 pm

Boo Machine wrote:
This is likely the case. However, having a seemingly serious character who's part of a superhero team wait around because "It's his style" is way too contrived. It's as if he exist for the sole purpose of fighting Goku at the end. If he's that powerful that he can't participate without ending the tournament immediately then I would rather him not be there. Having Toppo be the strongest fighter of U11 with good role players to fill out the rest of the team could've worked. Toppo already said he doesn't care to fight Goku one-on-one and U11 could've shown what real teamwork is. After all, they were the only pre-made team before the tournament. Jiren is a final boss in a scenario where it isn't necessary to have one. If you can make it flow fluently into the story, great, but we don't seem to be getting that.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:17 pm

Well considering we haven't seen universe 2 at all yet, perhaps there are eliminations off screen that we don't see.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:17 pm

I find it weird that vegeta getting the most eliminations on the team and tons of screen time

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:14 pm

TysonWine wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:
This is likely the case. However, having a seemingly serious character who's part of a superhero team wait around because "It's his style" is way too contrived. It's as if he exist for the sole purpose of fighting Goku at the end. If he's that powerful that he can't participate without ending the tournament immediately then I would rather him not be there. Having Toppo be the strongest fighter of U11 with good role players to fill out the rest of the team could've worked. Toppo already said he doesn't care to fight Goku one-on-one and U11 could've shown what real teamwork is. After all, they were the only pre-made team before the tournament. Jiren is a final boss in a scenario where it isn't necessary to have one. If you can make it flow fluently into the story, great, but we don't seem to be getting that.
That's a great point that it feels like Jiren's sole purpose is to fight Goku in some battle at the end. And I agree that I'd rather not have him sit around until the end because this tournament doesn't need something like that. To me, it's taking away from Jiren's character that he's not doing much. You can't just go from doing nothing to beating up SSJB Goku with ease. Not good elaboration on part of the writers. I like Toppo's character way more

Toonami1998

Post by Toonami1998 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:16 am

We'll Kale is definitely going out next week, prob another from U6 also..