"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Totamo » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:57 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Doctor. wrote: A terrible character being overpowered for no good narrative reason is a good way to make people angry.
You know those Androids that were way stronger than Freeza even though Dr Gero had no idea what happened on Namek...
Are you saying that doesn't get criticized?

Because it does. All the time.
This is such a big fib. No one criticizes that outside this forum and most people argue against that. Just like tien knocking semi perfect cell down

aravinthan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by aravinthan » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:58 pm

Avok wrote:
aravinthan wrote:
Lujin_16 wrote:here we go again with the power levels..why are people so focused on power level??? with that logic goku would beat 95 %with one punch and the
tournament would be over really fast i don't think people want to see that lol
Agreed and I still think that the problem is with the FANDOM
How? If Goku could beat 95% of the enemies with one punch then that's another consequence of non-sensical power scaling and bad planning and storytelling, not the cause.
How is the fandom wrong when we demand logic?
By fandom, I'm not mentioning the people who said episode 5's animation and art is rubbish but I'm mentioning the group of people who said Roshi created a new technique when he was training in Korin tower, who has no proper nowledge abt db and dbz. It also includes the ppl who just show lots of hate to dbs for no reason. Even in this case, its nothing wrong when she stopped kamehameha but just wait and watch the community for 2 days and you will see the chaos

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:58 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:Why TOEI completely devalues Blue?

Why does not it give due value to the transformation as at certain moments?

At least in the manga, it is an extremely powerful transformation. It seems that TOEi simply does not think about it. Now let's face Hate about this transformation, which is going to be called '' weak '' by a lot of people

Because it's not the true god power simple

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:00 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Doctor. wrote: Are you saying that doesn't get criticized?

Because it does. All the time.
Really? Because I rarely see it.
It's one of the main points from the people who dislike the Android arc and/or think the series should have ended at Freeza.
I've honestly never seen that complaint. The Android/Cell arc is usually mentioned as the high point of the show by many parts of the fandom.

Overlord78
Beyond Newbie

Post by Overlord78 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:01 pm

At least in the manga, it is an extremely powerful transformation. It seems that TOEi simply does not think about it. Now let's face Hate about this transformation, which is going to be called '' weak '' by a lot of people
Who cares? SSB has been constantly hated on since ROF by the fandom and rightfully so because it's a shit transformation. The sooner it goes the better.

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:02 pm

Everyone is mad at Kale, and here I am just miffed at the waste of the yardrat.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:03 pm

Lujin_16 wrote:

Because it's not the true god power simple
No, its because Goku is getting a new from. They always did this. They devalue a from only to introduce a new one.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:03 pm

Overlord78 wrote:

Who cares? SSB has been constantly hated on since ROF by the fandom and rightfully so because it's a shit transformation. The sooner it goes the better.
She is hated for banal and hypocritical motives, as well as being accustomed to a transformation (SSJ4) that was never created by Toriyama.

She is hated by several people, but she has her due importance and TOEI simply ignores.
You do not like it, it's just your opinion.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:05 pm

Boo Machine wrote:Everyone is mad at Kale, and here I am just miffed at the waste of the yardrat.
He was wasted badly. I don't know why they even bothered.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:05 pm

Boo Machine wrote:Everyone is mad at Kale, and here I am just miffed at the waste of the yardrat.
Who isn't? The entire arc has been wasted. They remade Broly and somehow they made him worse. They brought in a Yardrat from a universe he's not supposed to be native to as far as our knowledge goes, and he gets knocked out immediately. The only named characters from U3 were knocked out.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:06 pm

I'm really bummed about that myself; I need to stop judging these characters by appearance because so far there has been a lot of jobbers.
Last edited by MainJPW on Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:06 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Doctor. wrote: A terrible character being overpowered for no good narrative reason is a good way to make people angry.
You know those Androids that were way stronger than Freeza even though Dr Gero had no idea what happened on Namek...
You mean the Androids that were made from technology? Or maybe it was something else. Whatever inconsistency you can elicit from it, this is much worse.
Kale is Saiyan. She can transform. Some Saiyans form are much more powerful than others. And Kale is one of those Saiyans gifted with monstrous amount of doormat power. I don't see what so hard to grasp about that. Saiyan biology is full of bullshit that allows them to be ahead of the curve. I don't know why now it's suddenly an issue. I'd honestly take that over the concept of a mad scientist making robots that are much more powerful than Super Saiyans despite him not knowing what a Super Saiyan is.

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:06 pm

i don't think the yardrat was knocked out. just away.
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:07 pm

The best thing about Kale now is that I want him to face Gohan, Gohan is also supposed to show a new form.

Kale vs Gohan needs to happen.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:07 pm

Was he actually knocked out? Because if so, yeah, that sucks and is a huge waste.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:08 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:So... anybody caught the Avengers Hulk V Loki reference when Kale was bitch slamming Goku to the ground over and over... and over.
PUNY (SUPER SAIYAN) GOD. :lol:

Blue is just the most recent in a long laundry list of transformations. The fandom puts it on a pedestal but the writers never did. If Frieza had trained his ki consumption in RoF, Goku and Vegeta would have lost in a straight fight. Even SSG fought a losing battle in its debut.
Did he get eliminated? I thought he might have teleported out.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:09 pm

Nero<>Akira wrote:i don't think the yardrat was knocked out. just away.
Ditto, I think he IT'd before falling off.
BlueBasilisk wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:So... anybody caught the Avengers Hulk V Loki reference when Kale was bitch slamming Goku to the ground over and over... and over.
PUNY (SUPER SAIYAN) GOD. :lol:
Ah finally! someone that got it! only thing missing was Goku murmurring like a baby.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:09 pm

omaro34 wrote:
He was wasted badly. I don't know why they even bothered.
I think it was suppose to be a gag or they simple ran out of designs

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:10 pm

Caulifa did not transform to ssb and now we are here and people complaing about something else :lol:
Welcome in the dragonball community :thumbdown:

Overlord78
Beyond Newbie

Post by Overlord78 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:10 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Overlord78 wrote:

She is hated for banal and hypocritical motives, as well as being accustomed to a transformation (SSJ4) that was never created by Toriyama.

She is hated by several people, but she has her due importance and TOEI simply ignores.
You do not like it, it's just your opinion.
And yet that transformation (SSJ4) is the most creative saiyan transformation in the series compared to hair changes and recolours.

Yes I absolutely hate the god forms as do many other people. What's there to like about a recoloured version of SSJ? Judging by your avatar you probably like it so you'll come up with a load of bullshit excuses on why SSB is a great and creative form.