"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by omaro34 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:12 pm

SON GOKU, SON GOKU, SON GOKU, SON GOKU

I almost wanted to put my screen on mute, so damn annoying after awhile. May as well scream "KAKAROT", we all know who they're trying to mirror. I want some originality. They're trying too hard.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:12 pm

I'd rather have Blue than SSJ4 since it works better and continues AT's version of the Son Wukong legend.
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:13 pm

Overlord78 wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Overlord78 wrote: Who cares? SSB has been constantly hated on since ROF by the fandom and rightfully so because it's a shit transformation. The sooner it goes the better.
She is hated for banal and hypocritical motives, as well as being accustomed to a transformation (SSJ4) that was never created by Toriyama.

She is hated by several people, but she has her due importance and TOEI simply ignores.
You do not like it, it's just your opinion.
And yet that transformation (SSJ4) is the most creative saiyan transformation in the series compared to hair changes and recolours.
Explain what's so great about turning Goku into a furry with magical pants?

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:13 pm

omaro34 wrote:SON GOKU, SON GOKU, SON GOKU, SON GOKU

I almost wanted to put my screen on mute, so damn annoying after awhile. May as well scream "KAKAROT", we all know who they're trying to mirror. I want some originality. They're trying too hard.
It was so awful man lol
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:13 pm

I haven't seen the episode yet and I'm already pissed off at Toei just by reading these comments.. Looks like Toei wipe its ass with logic and power scaling.

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:13 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: You know those Androids that were way stronger than Freeza even though Dr Gero had no idea what happened on Namek...
You mean the Androids that were made from technology? Or maybe it was something else. Whatever inconsistency you can elicit from it, this is much worse.
Kale is Saiyan. She can transform. Some Saiyans form are much more powerful than others. And Kale is one of those Saiyans gifted with monstrous amount of doormat power. I don't see what so hard to grasp about that. Saiyan biology is full of bullshit that allows them to be ahead of the curve. I don't know why now it's suddenly an issue. I'd honestly take that over the concept of a mad scientist making robots that are much more powerful than Super Saiyans despite him not knowing what a Super Saiyan is.
Especially sine the original Super Saiyan was supposed to be this legendary form, thought unreachable for hundreds of years, that could beat the universes ruler who blows up planets for fun. But that's nothing compared to the power of science!

Kales form being that strong maybe bullshit, but it's still new and nothing says it can't. Absolutely nothing. We were never given a gauge. Some may not like it and it maybe cheap but it contradicts nothing.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:14 pm

omaro34 wrote:SON GOKU, SON GOKU, SON GOKU, SON GOKU

Guess they didnt want to be that obvious... male Broly goes Kakarot, Female Broly goes Son Goku.... I'm not exactly one to hate a character but Kale is pushing it.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:15 pm

Overlord78 wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Overlord78 wrote: Who cares? SSB has been constantly hated on since ROF by the fandom and rightfully so because it's a shit transformation. The sooner it goes the better.
She is hated for banal and hypocritical motives, as well as being accustomed to a transformation (SSJ4) that was never created by Toriyama.

She is hated by several people, but she has her due importance and TOEI simply ignores.
And yet that transformation (SSJ4) is the most creative saiyan transformation in the series compared to hair changes and recolours.

Yes I absolutely hate the god forms as do many other people. What's there to like about a recoloured version of SSJ? Judging by your avatar you probably like it so you'll come up with a load of bullshit excuses on why SSB is a great and creative form.
Its blue.

I like blue.

The end.

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:16 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:Everyone is mad at Kale, and here I am just miffed at the waste of the yardrat.
Did he get eliminated? I thought he might have teleported out.
Honestly I am unsure. My stream was lagging at times and to me I guess it looked like he had just been kicked into smoke. So I guess it's possible. I hope he is still in because it would be awful otherwise.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:17 pm

It was an okay episode for me. Kale got annoying after a while but other than that it was decent. They really tried hard to make references to the Broly movies lol.

Another thing I didn't like was how Niggirishi was so casually knocked out too. At first I thought it was a random u3 fighter but then realized it was Niggirishi and was like wtf. Also, I still don't know how the arena is creating these rocks. Some of them are just spawning by themselves.

Master Xar
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Master Xar » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:17 pm

I don't see what the problem is with Kale here.

1.) the movies are not canon thus the power-up of LSSJ is not canon to Super, in DBZ it was marginally around SSJ2 level, in DBS it seems to be a far bigger boost.

2.) Caulifla only knocked away one ki blast, that doesn't mean she is on par with her as LSSJ and at that moment Kale was beginning to power down

3.) if what Sansrivaal says is true I don't see why people are upset about SSJB if he was holding back.

Overlord78
Beyond Newbie

Post by Overlord78 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:20 pm

MR.Mark wrote:
Overlord78 wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:

Explain what's so great about turning Goku into a furry with magical pants?
You don't have to like it, but you can't deny it is the most creative form considering it physically changes Goku's whole appearance and not just his hair.

It's also a more logical evolution in regards to the saiyans transformations than this God Ki rubbish that isn't even special anymore.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:21 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: Kale is Saiyan. She can transform. Some Saiyans form are much more powerful than others. And Kale is one of those Saiyans gifted with monstrous amount of doormat power. I don't see what so hard to grasp about that. Saiyan biology is full of bullshit that allows them to be ahead of the curve. I don't know why now it's suddenly an issue. I'd honestly take that over the concept of a mad scientist making robots that are much more powerful than Super Saiyans despite him not knowing what a Super Saiyan is.
Kale is a Saiyan who has never trained in her life and is as powerful as a housemaid without her LSSJ. She is nothing more than poorly written plot device (like Caulifa) who does nothing more than to further the plot and bring the viewer momentary excitement. Or in most cases prolonged annoyance, her jumiping in power to what it seems like as to a farmer with a shotgun to over SSB level without any type of work or reasonble explanation is nothing more than preposterous bullshit. It would be like Superman being as powerful as the Living Tribunal, just because he found a way to absorb more sunlight. Also, I see little wrong with the Androids. It's simple technology surpassing biology, it happens in other forms of fiction and it happens in the real word.
Last edited by SaiyanGod117 on Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:22 pm

Master Xar wrote:I don't see what the problem is with Kale here.

1.) the movies are not canon thus the power-up of LSSJ is not canon to Super, in DBZ it was marginally around SSJ2 level, in DBS it seems to be a far bigger boost.

2.) Caulifla only knocked away one ki blast, that doesn't mean she is on par with her as LSSJ and at that moment Kale was beginning to power down

3.) if what Sansrivaal says is true I don't see why people are upset about SSJB if he was holding back.
Whether he was holding back or not who knows. However, Kale did take some damage from Goku's Kamehameha, not to mention even after Kale ragdolled him, he took like little to no damage from it. Next time we see Goku he's saying "Yo!" as he casually walks from out of the rubble to confront Jiren and Hitto.

aravinthan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by aravinthan » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:23 pm

I really don't know why everyone hate the fact that Kale shouted SonGoku. It was pure savage and badass. She did the same when she was angry on Cabba.....she said " cabba caba hit cabba kill.....move"

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:24 pm

Now that episode... was Super.
Caulifla best girl! :)

Sonicjamareiz
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sonicjamareiz » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:24 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Doctor. wrote: A terrible character being overpowered for no good narrative reason is a good way to make people angry.
You know those Androids that were way stronger than Freeza even though Dr Gero had no idea what happened on Namek...
You mean the Androids that were made from technology? Or maybe it was something else. Whatever inconsistency you can elicit from it, this is much worse.

How so we know nothing of her power up until now, who knows maybe she got insanely powerful by yelling SON GOKUUUUEH!!!!! 100 times. :x
Purple Cum Monster Vegeta arc :sick:

Overlord78
Beyond Newbie

Post by Overlord78 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:24 pm

Totamo wrote:
Overlord78 wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:

Yes I absolutely hate the god forms as do many other people. What's there to like about a recoloured version of SSJ? Judging by your avatar you probably like it so you'll come up with a load of bullshit excuses on why SSB is a great and creative form.
Its blue.

I like blue.

The end.
People like you are what's wrong with the current fandom.

Toriyama could make the next transformation another recolour like purple and we'll still have idiotic fanboys saying it looks good and how it makes sense since Toriyama is a simple writer.

aravinthan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by aravinthan » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:25 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Now that episode... was Super.
Just asking for funzzies, is it super because you are Caulifa fan??

Master Xar
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Master Xar » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:25 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
Master Xar wrote:I don't see what the problem is with Kale here.

Whether he was holding back or not who knows. However, Kale did take some damage from Goku's Kamehameha, not to mention even after Kale ragdolled him, he took like little to no damage from it. Next time we see Goku he's saying "Yo!" as he casually walks from out of the rubble to confront Jiren and Hitto.
According to SansrivaaL Goku said something along the lines of "ill put out a little more ki..." if it's true then Goku was holding back by a significant margin.