"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:26 pm

Overlord78 wrote:
Totamo wrote:
Overlord78 wrote: And yet that transformation (SSJ4) is the most creative saiyan transformation in the series compared to hair changes and recolours.

Yes I absolutely hate the god forms as do many other people. What's there to like about a recoloured version of SSJ? Judging by your avatar you probably like it so you'll come up with a load of bullshit excuses on why SSB is a great and creative form.
Its blue.

I like blue.

The end.
People like you are what's wrong with the current fandom.

Toriyama could make the next transformation another recolour like purple and we'll still have idiotic fanboys saying it looks good and how it makes sense since Toriyama is a simple writer.
Chill dude. If you're angry that's fine, but you don't need to be putting down others. It's doesn't make your points any stronger.

The last few pages are why the episode threads are not available until later. To stop all the knee jerk reactions, but it looks like they just moved here.
Last edited by Boo Machine on Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:27 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote: Kale is a Saiyan who has never trained in her life and is as powerful as a housemaid without her LSSJ. She is nothing more than poorly written plot device (like Caulifa) who does nothing more than to further the plot and bring the viewer momentary excitement. Or in most cases prolonged annoyance, her jumiping in power to what it seems like as to a farmer with a shotgun to over SSB level without any type of work or reasonble explanation is nothing more than preposterous bullshit. I see little wrong with the Androids. It's simple technology surpassing biology, it happens in other forms of fiction and it happens in the real word.
There's been nothing saying she has had no training.
Her transformation is no more bullshit that Goku suddenly curb stomping Freeza because of Super Saiyan.

aravinthan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by aravinthan » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:27 pm

Boo Machine wrote:
Overlord78 wrote:
Totamo wrote: Its blue.

I like blue.

The end.

Toriyama could make the next transformation another recolour like purple and we'll still have idiotic fanboys saying it looks good and how it makes sense since Toriyama is a simple writer.
Chill dude. If you're angry that's fine, but you don't need to be putting down others. It's doesn't make your points any stronger.
Say wat??? :eh:

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:28 pm

Overlord78 wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Overlord78 wrote: Who cares? SSB has been constantly hated on since ROF by the fandom and rightfully so because it's a shit transformation. The sooner it goes the better.
She is hated for banal and hypocritical motives, as well as being accustomed to a transformation (SSJ4) that was never created by Toriyama.

She is hated by several people, but she has her due importance and TOEI simply ignores.
You do not like it, it's just your opinion.
And yet that transformation (SSJ4) is the most creative saiyan transformation in the series compared to hair changes and recolours.

Yes I absolutely hate the god forms as do many other people. What's there to like about a recoloured version of SSJ? Judging by your avatar you probably like it so you'll come up with a load of bullshit excuses on why SSB is a great and creative form.
Creative? An extravagant and bizarre transformation that completely changes the concept of Super Saiyan? Do all Saiyan transformations have to completely change the appearance?

SSJ, SSJ2 and SSJ3, all of them were transformations that had no significant change. You only get stuck hair or lightning, but why do you all like it? Hypocrisy

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:28 pm

aravinthan wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Now that episode... was Super.
Just asking for funzzies, is it super because you are Caulifa fan??
Kinda, but also, Kale was an alpha. So was Jiren, and Hit.
Caulifla best girl! :)

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:28 pm

I love it when people get on their high horse about people who "freak out over power levels lololol"

I didn't realize there were so many people in this fan base who were okay with mediocre story telling and consistency :problem:
How i predict the tournament will end:

aravinthan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by aravinthan » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:29 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote: Kale is a Saiyan who has never trained in her life and is as powerful as a housemaid without her LSSJ. She is nothing more than poorly written plot device (like Caulifa) who does nothing more than to further the plot and bring the viewer momentary excitement. Or in most cases prolonged annoyance, her jumiping in power to what it seems like as to a farmer with a shotgun to over SSB level without any type of work or reasonble explanation is nothing more than preposterous bullshit. I see little wrong with the Androids. It's simple technology surpassing biology, it happens in other forms of fiction and it happens in the real word.
Her transformation is no more bullshit that Goku suddenly curb stomping Freeza because of Super Saiyan.
And how we finished trashing android saga and went back to Namek. I wonder we will go to mt.frypan time for next issue

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:29 pm

aravinthan wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:

Yes? How may I help you today?
Last edited by Boo Machine on Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:30 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
The gap between Goku and Frieza as opposed to Kale and Goku, it's no comparison. Is pretty obvious which one was a straight pull out of their butts.
How i predict the tournament will end:

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:30 pm

To be honest I really view those 2 saiyans as fantasy characters for fans and the producers.
Kale is for the Toei staff waifu and Cauli is for the fans (saiyan waifus if you may, next thing you know dakimakura's will be popping out) I just hope they go away after this arc, at first I was interested but now...

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:31 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:Why TOEI completely devalues Blue?

Why does not it give due value to the transformation as at certain moments?

At least in the manga, it is an extremely powerful transformation. It seems that TOEi simply does not think about it. Now let's face Hate about this transformation, which is going to be called '' weak '' by a lot of people
Blue is just the most recent in a long laundry list of transformations. The fandom puts it on a pedestal but the writers never did. If Frieza had trained his ki consumption in RoF, Goku and Vegeta would have lost in a straight fight. Even SSG fought a losing battle in its debut.
It is a transformation that surpasses the power of the Super Saiyan God (the one who rivaled Hakaishin Beerus). Of course she has to be great.

And at times she really is great, but TOEI sometimes seems to just not care about her.

It is a transformation of great weight, a divine form.

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:31 pm

Overlord78 wrote: You don't have to like it, but you can't deny it is the most creative form considering it physically changes Goku's whole appearance and not just his hair.
Eh, I'm still waiting for Goku to get to the point where he doesn't need "transformations" and stays in his base.

While not perfect, in universe Goku faced gods so he needed god ki, then said god ki made his hair blue when accessing it, OK simple.

GT logic, he just needed more power so they took pliers to his ass and eventually, we got a new toy to sell. Personally I think the design is ugly, I hate GT for the most part.

aravinthan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by aravinthan » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:32 pm

Boo Machine wrote:
aravinthan wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:

Nothanks and I have already replied a similar question about thw nature of the fandom which was asked by a person with same attitude of yours.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:34 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Commonsense tells you she doesn't train, she has no type of fighting ability outside her transformation. You're grasping for the clouds here. Especially with saying Goku's transformation is Bullshit, especially since it was hyped the whole Namek arc. It's honestly baffling, how some people protect Super.

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:35 pm

aravinthan wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:
aravinthan wrote: Say wat??? :eh:

Nothanks and I have already replied a similar question about thw nature of the fandom which was asked by a person with same attitude of yours.
I'm unsure what attitude you think I have but I am genuinely lost here. From my point of view you replied to me with "Say what???" which doesn't tell me anything, what you think, or what it's supposed to mean, so I asked. Maybe not in a very straight forward way, but I had assumed you would expand a little bit so that I may understand better.

Is that not the entire point of these forums? To talk?
Last edited by Boo Machine on Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:36 pm

Overlord78 wrote:
Totamo wrote:
Overlord78 wrote: And yet that transformation (SSJ4) is the most creative saiyan transformation in the series compared to hair changes and recolours.

Its blue.

I like blue.

The end.

Yes, people like me who likes what he likes and dislikes what he likes and will respect other opinions, though I will debate.

Sorry, we can't be like you who wants everyone to agree on the same thing and will attack others if they don't, you know what people think dragon ball fans are like.

By the way, I love purple more than blue.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:38 pm

TheOne wrote: The gap between Goku and Frieza as opposed to Kale and Goku, it's no comparison. Is pretty obvious which one was a straight pull out of their butts.
Good point too, Kaioken x20 was already half of Frieza's Power, SSJ should have obviously put him over Frieza.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:38 pm

hahaha, wow. This ain't gonna blow over any time soon.
Feels over Reals.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:39 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote: Commonsense tells you she doesn't train, she has no type of fighting ability outside her transformation. You're grasping for the clouds here. Especially with saying Goku's transformation is Bullshit, especially since it was hyped the whole Namek arc. It's honestly baffling, how some people protect Super.
Nothing says she hasn't trained, you're grasping.
The point of the form was that nobody knew about it, of course it wasn't built up in universe. It's a "New" form, you can't arbitrarily decide out powerful it should be.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:40 pm

RedHeat wrote:hahaha, wow. This ain't gonna blow over any time soon.
They locked the episode threads because of this kinda thing and now it's spilling over into the announcement thread. :problem: