Budokai 3 Confirmation

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun May 23, 2004 1:59 pm

I'd have to disagree there; I happened to think the design of SSJ4 was pretty cool, not to mention a refreshing change. GT writers could've got even lazer and just made SSJ4 an even bulkier, longer haired version of SSJ3 after all.
Heheheh: You mean like this?
http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v16 ... sddbz2.gif
And I don't see how black hair fused with black hair = red hair.
Recessive gene?
Considering how Vegeta had red hair in the Saiyan Saga, that makes sense. :shock:
Oh no, wait: Goku never did. GT still sucks.
It would have been interesting to see what an SSJ5 would have looked like.
Whaaa? Haven't you seen DBAF?! It goes up to SSJ10!
For me, picture SSJ4 as non-SSJ. Now make "SSJ5" as SSJ: SSJ5= SSJ4 hair+fur gone blonde.

Personally I would have preferred if ONLY Goku went SSJ4 in GT, keeping it as the official legendary SSJ. Vegeta should have attained SSJ3, and instead of us seeing SSJ4 Gogeta, we should have then seen SSJ3 Gogeta.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Nyogo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nyogo » Wed May 26, 2004 8:20 am

Hey, check out some more pictures. I found these at the gamekult message boards.

The second one looks like it came from a cut scene or something.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed May 26, 2004 10:35 am

At first I thought the third one was Yamcha chickening out and running away. :lol:
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Wed May 26, 2004 10:53 am

w00t! That middle image looks like it could be from a cut-scene! Story Mode! Happy happy joy joy! :D

Dayspring: DBAF counts 90,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times less than GT does. I mean, DBAF's SSJ5 was an SSJ3 with silver hair... :?
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed May 26, 2004 2:59 pm

If Goku's going to go SSJ IV, surely he's going to need a change of trousers handy?

Actually, I'd bet that his "10 years later"/GT clothing is going to be his alternative clothing for this one. What was it for Budokai 2? Same as the first game?
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Wed May 26, 2004 3:22 pm

In Budoukai 2, his alternate outfit is the grey fighting gi he had in GT and 10 years after Buu, which is good, because the leather jacket from Budoukai 1 was odd (though hilarious on Vegeta, considering -- speaking of, his outfits are his blue spandex uniforms with and without the armor).

Alias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Alias » Wed May 26, 2004 6:17 pm

It would have been interesting to see what an SSJ5 would have looked like.
http://www9.ocn.ne.jp/~scp/illust_comic ... get_bg.jpg

I wish I could draw that well... :cry:

Here's the homepage, lots of incredible art.

http://www9.ocn.ne.jp/~scp/frame.html

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed May 26, 2004 6:53 pm

B-kun wrote:In Budoukai 2, his alternate outfit is the grey fighting gi he had in GT and 10 years after Buu, which is good, because the leather jacket from Budoukai 1 was odd (though hilarious on Vegeta, considering -- speaking of, his outfits are his blue spandex uniforms with and without the armor).
Goku's alternative outfit in the first one was based on what he wore during the week just before the Cell Games, wasn't it? Either that, or it was a Tankoben cover.

The leather jacket was amusing for Vegeta. Although when you say "without armour", does it also lack the sleaves...ie, making it his Buu saga outfit?

Personally, I'd maybe have gone with his Saiyan or Freeza saga outfit (and made the later spandex really dark, to highlight the difference. It looks almost black in the anime anyway). Although the obvious choice has to be the "badman" shirt. They had it modelled and everything, seeing as he was wearing it in some cutscenes in Budokai 1.

And this is a bit off topic, but what are Kuririn's two outfits in Budokai 2? I'd have gone for Buu saga hair, red top and jogging bottoms, and Cell saga Kame-gi with undershirt. But that's a guess.
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Wed May 26, 2004 7:16 pm

Can you imagine Vegeta fighting in the Badman shirt? XD Not that the leather jacket was much better.

Anyway, yeah. His first outfit is when he's bald and has the orange gi with the blue under-shirt. Second outfit's his Buu Saga look.

EDIT: =_=;; I forgot to answer one of your questions. I think the without armor is his Buu Saga look, yeah. Actually, Buu Saga Gohan's the only one with 3 outfits. His orange gi, Great Saiyamn outfit without the headgear or bandanna, and.. *goes to check* An adult version of his Piccolo uniform.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Wed May 26, 2004 7:29 pm

PsyLiam wrote:And this is a bit off topic, but what are Kuririn's two outfits in Budokai 2? I'd have gone for Buu saga hair, red top and jogging bottoms, and Cell saga Kame-gi with undershirt. But that's a guess.
And you guessed correctly. Although in Dragon world you can only play in his default costume (like all characters), which is the Cell era costume.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Wed May 26, 2004 11:24 pm

It's a small thing, but I always appreciated the detail they put into the costumes in that game. Touches like having Ginyu's alternative comstume in the first game be something from a 5 second-long Gohan nightmare sequence, or the fact that #16's alternative costume has a capsule corp badge over his RR logo.

Although it would be nice if they actually threw in all the costumes that the characters wore during the game. Goku, for instance, wears about 5 different outfits during story mode in Budokai 1 (Kame-gi, Kaio-gi, Goku-gi, symbol-less gi, no top and torn trousers gi), but you can only pick one for all the other modes. It's a really minor thing, and likely to please no-one but me, but I really want to have Vegeta in his late Freezer-era uniform. It's underappreciated.

This has also made me wonder why Yamcha never put on a blue undershirt for the Cell saga. The lazy shit.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Thu May 27, 2004 1:21 am

Instead of just selecting from costumes, wouldn't it be great if they allowed you to customize your fighter? Give Goku saiyan armor, or give Trunks the great Saiyaman costume. Think how cool that would be, then you really would have a truly unique fighter.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu May 27, 2004 8:17 am

for those who doesnt know, there's also a movie floating online.
http://animenotengoku.free.fr/dbz3/Budokai3.zip

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu May 27, 2004 11:08 am

PsyLiam wrote:It's a small thing, but I always appreciated the detail they put into the costumes in that game. Touches like having Ginyu's alternative comstume in the first game be something from a 5 second-long Gohan nightmare sequence, or the fact that #16's alternative costume has a capsule corp badge over his RR logo.
I'm in total agreement. It shows that the developers really, honestly love the show they're making the game of.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

tablet the eunuch
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by tablet the eunuch » Thu May 27, 2004 11:24 am

Judging from the video, we get Super Saiyan 4

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu May 27, 2004 1:55 pm

That, and the pictures posted earlier on this thread. Where have you been, anyway?

I quite like the DEM proposed. At the very least, it'd be cool if the different armours you can equip for Vegeta actually changed his model. For Trunks, if you equipped Saiyan armour you'd get that and his long haired look, but it'd take up two slots. Or they could make it completely costumisable, but keep it seperate from the Capsule customisation.

Great Saiyaman's two outfits alternating the helmet and sunglasses is another nice touch that I should have mentioned.

LOG II didn't go to quite the same lengths (when meeting Trunks, everyone is in Android/Cell saga getup, rather than what they were wearing at the time), but I think some of that is due to memory limitations. They did have a thing for keeping Gohan in his Saiyan armour for as long as possible though (on two occasions).

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu May 27, 2004 2:43 pm

I used Gohan's Saiya-jin armor all the time in the Budokai games, so I quite liked it's fairly extensive use in LOG II. I don't know why, but I love the way Saiya-jin armor looks. :?

Anyway, I hope they have a Character Creator in general. I've wanted to plug my Fanfic original characters into the game since B1. I'd love to see a few of the guys I've created beat up the Z Warriors. :D
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

John Pannozzi
Beyond Newbie

Post by John Pannozzi » Thu May 27, 2004 6:51 pm

B-kun wrote: Actually, Buu Saga Gohan's the only one with 3 outfits.
Actually, #18 also had 3 outfits:

-=-=-=-=-
Costume 1
-----------
Her original outfit when she came out of hybernation.
-----------

Blue Denim Vest with Red Ribbon Logo on Back
Black Shirt with Long striped White Sleeves
Blue Denim Skirt
Long Skin Tight Black Pants
Brown Boots
-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-
Costume 2
-----------
The outfit she wore when Cell absorbed her.
-----------

Black Vest
White T-Shirt
Blue Denim Pants
Black Shoes
Black Gloves
Necklace
-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-
Costume 3
-----------
The outfit you see her wearing during the "We Gotta Power" Japanese Intro
-----------

Light Blue Denim Vest
Long Light Blue Denim Pants
Red Bracelet
Red Sandals
-=-=-=-=-

source: http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file ... oid_18.txt

John Pannozzi
Beyond Newbie

Post by John Pannozzi » Thu May 27, 2004 7:17 pm

Characters I'd like to see in Budokai 3:

EVERYONE from the first 2

EVERYONE from DBZ2V

Arale-chan (as a super-secret gag character)

Suppaman/Sour Man (also as a super-secret gag character)

Kame Sennin/Master Roshi

Chaozu

Yajirobe

Chi-Chi

Ox-King

Pu'ar (as a gag character)

Mercenary Tao

The Crane Hermit (forgot how to spell his original Japanese name)

Pilaf in his mecha-suit

General Blue

Assistant Black

Murasaki

Maybe some other RRA guys

#13/ Super #13

Super #17

Bora

Upa

Korin

Giran

Ran Fuan

Namu

Bacterian

Grandpa Gohan

Akkuman

Cymbal

Tambourine

Guldo

Burter

Jeice

Pikkan

Yamu

Spopovitch

Pui-Pui

Yakkon

Uub

Garlic Jr.

Turles

Lord Slug

Bojack

Janemba

Taipon

Hildegarn

Pan

Baby

Gen. Rilldo

The Dark Dragons

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu May 27, 2004 8:13 pm

Picking what you want at a restaurant must take ages.