"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:51 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:There are like 15 pages worth of posts since my last visit..
Can anyone brief me on what happened in the last 24 hours?
Producer of Super says this:
'Starting in October, it at last reaches a turning point as Goku finally faces off with his strongest opponent, Jiren. From there on out it will truly be a continuous run from Goku and co.’s big battle to the climax'.

Also, the PV for the DB hour long TV special/double episode was released.

And everyone reacts.
Not all heros wear capes!
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: You actually believe everyone is getting knocked out in the next few episodes just becuase Goku is fighting Jiren very soon.
No I actually believe if that's what happens, it's not Toie being stupid, it's a plot point by Toriyama..
Because something like that is Vital to the story
Toriyama will more than likely have Goku and Jiren go out then everyone else going out quickly.
We don't know that, the only thing we do know is something this vital to the story is more than likely coming directly from toriyama..
I honestly don't care much for what happenes to remaining characters as long as it's entertaining and makes sense..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Vegeta-Sama
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vegeta-Sama » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:55 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: You actually believe everyone is getting knocked out in the next few episodes just becuase Goku is fighting Jiren very soon.
No I actually believe if that's what happens, it's not Toie being stupid, it's a plot point by Toriyama..
Toriyama will more than likely have Goku and Jiren go out then everyone else going out quickly.
Don´t the Goku Fanboys will come after you. :lol:
But I agree here 100%.
There is no way they will waste Frieza after his return with his build up, foreshadowing to manipulate the ToP, becoming a future GoD maybe, his partnership with Frost (?),

People care about Frieza, barely anyone about Jiren.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:58 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: If Jiren is who needs to be hyped, there are only two ways for it to happen..
Him taking out almost all remaining contestants in a swoop
Or him beating someone strong enough, Vegeta and freeza come to mind.. As beating SSBKK isn't enough coz Goku isn't exactly "beat" like that..

I will go the route of his team doing the first choice and him taking part in the second..
Reasons being
• There are only 3 pride troopers left and Toppo is done playing hero, so is dyspo.. They take care of other fighters so Jiren doesn't have to..
• Freeza was said to be equal to Goku for a reason and hero's trailer helps too, Jiren beats Freeza easily and we get Goku vs Jiren in the special..
I can see that happening, but I still think Jiren will take out some U7 and 6 characters, its strange how only 1 of their members are out while 2 universes already went boom and U11 the supposed big threat are down to 3, its going way too good for our protagonists.
Universe 6 and Universe 7 can fight each other to reduce numbers as well and Universe 2 still has 8.
Vegeta-Sama wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: No I actually believe if that's what happens, it's not Toie being stupid, it's a plot point by Toriyama..
Don´t the Goku Fanboys will come after you. :lol:
But I agree here 100%.
There is no way they will waste Frieza after his return with his build up, foreshadowing to manipulate the ToP, becoming a future GoD maybe, his partnership with Frost (?),

People care about Frieza, barely anyone about Jiren.
Any character's build up will be ruined and the producer said this fight is the start of the big fights.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:59 am

Vegeta-Sama wrote:
Legion wrote:Frieza, Vegeta etc haven't done anything yet or had a real fight so far. Many people want to see them fight. Toei can't be so stupid...
How they wank Goku in this Arc and the ToP its infuriating at times.
Piccolo didnt had much shine either, dont get me started with Tien... :mrgreen:
Come on, is just impossible...i'm so hyped for Frieza...he needs a real fight against someone :/

At least Hit and Cauli/Kale had a good moments in this tournament. If Frieza, Vegeta etc will be beaten in just one episode by Jiren, i will drop this arc.

Vegeta-Sama
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vegeta-Sama » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:00 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: There you go, maybe Jiren is not the biggest threat for Universe 7.
Not the biggest threat but Goku and Jiren's fight is referred to as the climax battle... right.
Starting in October, it at last reaches a turning point as Goku finally faces off with his strongest opponent, Jiren. From there on out it will truly be a continuous run from Goku and co.’s big battle to the climax'.

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/901958146826027008

The start of the tournament climax, is not the Climax.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:03 am

Vegeta-Sama wrote: People care about Frieza, barely anyone about Jiren.
You see here, I dont even see anyone mentioning Jiren besides him being boring, for someone hyped so much as the big enemy in the arc that even took half of the OP along with Goku he sure doesnt back it up.
namekiansaiyan wrote: Universe 6 and Universe 7 can fight each other to reduce numbers as well and Universe 2 still has 8.
While that can happen I'm more into Jiren knocking out majority of the characters, for being the big enemy in this arc he surely lacks in a lot of department, just look at the people here, they barely care about what Jiren will do, even Roshi feels more of a threat than Jiren.
Vegeta-Sama wrote: Starting in October, it at last reaches a turning point as Goku finally faces off with his strongest opponent, Jiren. From there on out it will truly be a continuous run from Goku and co.’s big battle to the climax'.

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/901958146826027008

The start of the tournament climax, is not the Climax.
Will mark the start of the tournaments climax as Goku starts to fight Jiren.

Vegeta-Sama
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vegeta-Sama » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:07 am

Legion wrote:
Vegeta-Sama wrote:
Legion wrote:Frieza, Vegeta etc haven't done anything yet or had a real fight so far. Many people want to see them fight. Toei can't be so stupid...
How they wank Goku in this Arc and the ToP its infuriating at times.
Piccolo didnt had much shine either, dont get me started with Tien... :mrgreen:
Come on, is just impossible...i'm so hyped for Frieza...he needs a real fight against someone :/

At least Hit and Cauli/Kale had a good moments in this tournament. If Frieza, Vegeta etc will be beaten in just one episode by Jiren, i will drop this arc.
Don´t worry Vegeta will have an epic battle with Hit and Frieza is my favourite to win the ToP.
Just relax, Goku vs Jiren is the beginning of the real Tournament of Power. Basically the Turning Point, not the end.
The big dogs come to play now.
Goku vs Jiren, Vegeta vs Hit, Frieza vs Toppo, 17 vs Ribrianne Part 2, Piccolo/U6 Nameks with Gohan vs U2 and many more.
It will be great.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:31 am

All I hope for is that Maji Kayo survives until he gets a dedicated episode, alongside U3. :angel:

There have been hints about 107 being one. If that's it, then it's sooner than expected. Hope the whole universe just doesn't die in their dedicated ep though :lol:

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:38 am

Some Speculating Jiren by the Special will KO most of all the fighters in the ToP leaving the Rest to be just Goku vs. Jiren?!

Look.....If you are Hyping for Goku vs. Jiren, ok I hope you get what you want from it, but for Jiren to One-Shot a majority of everyone is just Over the Top to see, Toei would not KO potential New characters and stories they have worked on for all this time to Hype 1 guy.

They did not hide the New Nameks from U6 just to get rid of them in one shot, or the Mystery Fighters from U4 or Keep in many of the fighters from U2, U6 and U7 just for most to be one-shot by one guy, the story would ca-lapse and Tick Off many fans wanting to see conclusion fighter and seeing New Favorites having their time to show what they can do. I know if they don't have something between Piccolo and the U6 Nameks that be an insane missed opportunity.

I know many want the Jiren vs. Goku Fight to be Hyped High as anything, but that is not the way to do it, it would tick many fans of other characters off something fierce!
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:45 am

CJStriker_CBR wrote:Some Speculating Jiren by the Special will KO most of all the fighters in the ToP leaving the Rest to be just Goku vs. Jiren?!

Look.....If you are Hyping for Goku vs. Jiren, ok I hope you get what you want from it, but for Jiren to One-Shot a majority of everyone is just Over the Top to see, Toei would not KO potential New characters and stories they have worked on for all this time to Hype 1 guy.

They did not hide the New Nameks from U6 just to get rid of them in one shot, or the Mystery Fighters from U4 or Keep in many of the fighters from U2, U6 and U7 just for most to be one-shot by one guy, the story would ca-lapse and Tick Off many fans wanting to see conclusion fighter and seeing New Favorites having their time to show what they can do. I know if they don't have something between Piccolo and the U6 Nameks that be an insane missed opportunity.

I know many want the Jiren vs. Goku Fight to be Hyped High as anything, but that is not the way to do it, it would tick many fans of other characters off something fierce!
This is why Jiren knocking out do many fighters is just completely ridiculous. For the people saying Jiren will, how many people does he need to show he is a threat.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:46 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
Vegeta-Sama wrote: They wont our Namek friend is right. You Goku Fanboys need to realize he won´t be the last man standing and winning the tournament.

After 105 there are 34 minutes and 40 fighters left.
Basically 9 Episodes = 14 minutes in the ToP and you will tell us its soon already over with the upcoming Goku vs Jiren fight. :lol:
We havent even seen Frieza since his short scenes in 101(w/Vegeta beating up the U10 guy) and 102 (the love attack) and our cast had enough screentime?
Vegeta wasnt seen 3 Episodes in a row now.

Of course Goku Fanboys want all for himself as usual. Let Jiren eliminate 35 Fighters so Goku vs Jiren is the end of the Arc...
Not gonna happen, boys. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe the ToP get interrupted bc the ring is close to being destroyed. Maybe Goku and Jiren ringout each other :D
Its just madness how ignorant people are thinking we have
3 Episodes left with 40 fighters and 34 minutes in the ToP until the final showdown. :lol:
Where in my post did I say or even imply Goku will be the last man standing and will win this? I'm saying Jiren lacks character and lacks the feats to show that he is an actual threat.
He beat Kale in one blast.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:57 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:Some Speculating Jiren by the Special will KO most of all the fighters in the ToP leaving the Rest to be just Goku vs. Jiren?!

This is why Jiren knocking out do many fighters is just completely ridiculous. For the people saying Jiren will, how many people does he need to show he is a threat.
Enough where it invalidates the efforts of everyone around maybe? Toppo concocted a poorly reasoned excuse for having himself and his subordinate refrain from jumping into the thick of things. If Jiren is truly as powerful as the show is hyping him to be then eliminating so many fighters at once wouldn't require much stamina at all. Just do what Jackie Chun did and generate a gust of wind so powerful that it throws everyone out of bounds. Easy enough, right?

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:19 am

Lionel wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

Enough where it invalidates the efforts of everyone around maybe? Toppo concocted a poorly reasoned excuse for having himself and his subordinate refrain from jumping into the thick of things. If Jiren is truly as powerful as the show is hyping him to be then eliminating so many fighters at once wouldn't require much stamina at all. Just do what Jackie Chun did and generate a gust of wind so powerful that it throws everyone out of bounds. Easy enough, right?
They could just have him eliminate a superfluous universe with one blast. Even if it was one of the universes with a poorer showing, 3 and 4(maybe 2 if they really want to sell it), the mere act of eliminating an entire team effortlessly would more than enough establish him as a threat to the audience.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:25 am

We know Jiren is strong already. What part of Toppo saying he has absolutely no chance at defeating Jiren after a serious fight not get?

Maybe he doesnt want to just eliminate everyone because he wants them to enjoy their last moments as warriors and he senses no threat.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:41 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:We know Jiren is strong already. What part of Toppo saying he has absolutely no chance at defeating Jiren after a serious fight not get?

Maybe he doesnt want to just eliminate everyone because he wants them to enjoy their last moments as warriors and he senses no threat.
Did you forget they only have 48 minutes in total — i.e. A timelimit. Jiren isn't going to put his universe in danger by having the least or one of the least fighters left you know. When the time is up, the universe with the most warriors left wins, and universe 11 has already lost many warriors. There are only 3 left. Universe 6 & 7 have only lost 1 at this point.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:48 am

GodKaio-Ken wrote:We know Jiren is strong already. What part of Toppo saying he has absolutely no chance at defeating Jiren after a serious fight not get?

Dragon Ball have never just hyped up characters with statements alone. Frieza was the most hyped villain in Dragon Ball, yet Toriyama still felt compelled to show why Freeze wasn't all hype by having him destroy anyone who wasn't Super Saiyan Goku and even then give the newborn Super Saiyan a decent fight fight.

The Saiyans were hyped for an entire year in-universe, and Toriyama showed us that it wasn't all talk by having having Nappa tear apart the Z-Fighters with no issues. This also served to hyped Vegeta who could boss around the person killing all the main characters.

Cell, each stage of his journey to his perfection had physical examples outside of 'Cell will be invincible if he becomes perfect'. First taking out Piccolo and 17 when he was just Imperfect, then Semi-Perfect Cell one-shotting 16 who was once his equal, and then Perfect Cell taking down Vegeta, a stronger Trunks, and even beating Goku while holding back.

Majin Buu, was hyped up as a god-killer who could wiped the universe. Toriyama showed him off by having him waste Dabura, Gohan, the Supreme Kai, and Majin Vegeta in that order.

Hit, while he little hype, Champa wasn't worried about losing since he still had Hit. Toriyama showed him off by having him beat Vegeta without getting hit and minimal effort.

Black, got some hype since he manhandled Future Trunks for over a year. Then when the heroes fight him seriously, he get a transformation and one-stabs Vegeta. He then takes out Goku and Trunks with his partner.

Zen'o said to erased anything and nothing is equal to him. Shows this off by having him wipe out an immortal god who fused with the multiverse.

The point of all of this, Toriyama never just used a character's or characters' statements to hype someone. There are always visual examples and it isn't just limited to 'they beat up the main character'. An example of this is Beerus. He two-shotted Super Saiyan 3 Goku, yet Toriyama still felt compelled to hype Beerus by having him take out the rest of the Z-Fighters including Gotenks, Gohan, and a rage boosted Vegeta.

Given that history, it stands to reason that once Jiren moves, someone or several people since this is a battle royal is going to get worf and it isn't just Goku.
Last edited by HeroR on Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Vegeta-Sama
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vegeta-Sama » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:49 am

Good point. Jiren isnt a bad guy.
Jiren moved in vs Kale bc she seemed to threat the whole tournament with her Energy Blasts.
In 102 he cleansed the ring with 1 blast from the Love attack bc it was a threat for the tournament.
At the beginning of 102 Goku was ready to fight Jiren. Jiren basically looked at him in disbelief he must be crazy until Toppo interferes.
Jiren seems this guy to me he only fights when he must to fight and get attacked, its the complete opposite to Goku.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:51 am

Vegeta-Sama wrote:

Good point. Jiren isnt a bad guy.
Jiren moved in vs Kale bc she seemed to threat the whole tournament with her Energy Blasts.
In 102 he cleansed the ring with 1 blast from the Love attack bc it was a threat for the tournament.
At the beginning of 102 Goku was ready to fight Jiren. Jiren basically looked at him in disbelief he must be crazy until Toppo interferes.
Jiren seems this guy to me he only fights when he must to fight and get attacked, its the complete opposite to Goku.
That was also back when U11 only lost one member instead of being down to three and Toppo saying it's time to stop screwing around.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:00 am

HeroR wrote:

Dragon Ball have never just hyped up characters with statements alone. Frieza was the most hyped villain in Dragon Ball, yet Toriyama still felt compelled to show why Freeze wasn't all hype by having him destroy anyone who wasn't Super Saiyan Goku and even then give the newborn Super Saiyan a decent fight fight.

The Saiyans were hyped for an entire year in-universe, and Toriyama showed us that it wasn't all talk by having having Nappa tear apart the Z-Fighters with no issues. This also served to hyped Vegeta who could boss around the person killing all the main characters.

Cell, each stage of his journey to his perfection had physical examples outside of 'Cell will be invincible if he becomes perfect'. First taking out Piccolo and 17 when he was just Imperfect, then Semi-Perfect Cell one-shotting 16 who was once his equal, and then Perfect Cell taking down Vegeta, a stronger Trunks, and even beating Goku while holding back.

Majin Buu, was hyped up as a god-killer who could wiped the universe. Toriyama showed him off by having him waste Dabura, Gohan, the Supreme Kai, and Majin Vegeta in that order.

Hit, while he little hype, Champa wasn't worried about losing since he still had Hit. Toriyama showed him off by having him beat Vegeta without getting hit and minimal effort.

Black, got some hype since he manhandled Future Trunks for over a year. Then when the heroes fight him seriously, he get a transformation and one-stabs Vegeta. He then takes out Goku and Trunks with his partner.

Zen'o said to erased anything and nothing is equal to him. Shows this off by having him wipe out an immortal god who fused with the multiverse.

The point of all of this, Toriyama never just used a character's or characters' statements to hype someone. There are always visual examples and it isn't just limited to 'they beat up the main character'. An example of this is Beerus. He two-shotted Super Saiyan 3 Goku, yet Toriyama still felt compelled to hype Beerus by having him take out the rest of the Z-Fighters including Gotenks, Gohan, and a rage boosted Vegeta.

Given that history, it stands to reason that once Jiren moves, someone or several people since this is a battle royal is going to get worf and it isn't just Goku.
All your examples are the threat taking out the strongest person they can and in this arc it is Goku right now so fighting Goku first makes sense. Jiren fighting anyone else brings nothing to the story since he is not fighting the strongest he can.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:08 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
All your examples are the threat taking out the strongest person they can and in this arc it is Goku right now so fighting Goku first makes sense. Jiren fighting anyone else brings nothing to the story since he is not fighting the strongest he can.
In this arc, there are several people near and around Goku's level. Namely, 17, Gohan (going by the narrator), Hit, a now controlled Kale, and Freeze. You also have powerful secondary characters like Piccolo, Cali and the leader of the magical girls.

Also, unique to this tournament, if Jiren gets ganged up by several characters with powerful or even broken abilities and he wiped them without trying, that is also a great showcase of his strength.

Also, "all your examples are the threat taking out the strongest person they can". Not true in the Buu Saga since the strongest person for Fat Buu to worf was Goku and that didn't happened. The strongest person in the Saiyan Saga to worf was also Goku, yet he was purposely left out since he would have killed Nappa without any issue.
Kanassa wrote: