"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:52 pm

Kanassa wrote:
GreatSaiyaJeff wrote:Those drawings aren't to shabby but why does it seem like Caulifa wants to play some dual monsters.
She kind of reminds me of Bakura when he almost gets killed
Ha ha she kind of does ha ha
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:02 am

Kale looks drunk as fuck :lol:
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:29 am

Caulifla looks alright, but Kale looks like she is high as fuck.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:51 am

The gr wrote:Toyo drew the v jump cover as confirm when he posted these,apparently he drew this with his hand & not digitally [spoiler]Image Image[/spoiler]His art of kale look fine,looks better than her concept art in the website but for caulifla,I'm not digging it,I just hope she don't look like this in the manga
Kale looks even more creepy now.. It's almost reminding me of broly's emotionless soulless face.. I dig it!
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:23 pm

HEY! Quick question, what exactly is the “Battle of Gods” Special Comic? Its listed as a separate volume and I'm curious as to what its contents are. I tried googling but it doesn't seem to appear anywhere? All I get is SD comics.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/manga/spin-of ... all-super/

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:24 pm

MaskedRider wrote:HEY! Quick question, what exactly is the “Battle of Gods” Special Comic? Its listed as a separate volume and I'm curious as to what its contents are. I tried googling but it doesn't seem to appear anywhere? All I get is SD comics.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/manga/spin-of ... all-super/
It's a separate volume which contains only the Battle of Gods arc (chapters 1-4), which are also included in volume 1
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:20 pm

http://comicbook.com/anime/2017/08/16/d ... ure-trunk/

Toyotaro has made a 3rd mini chapter. This time, it's for the FT arc. The site, notorious for stupid articles and click-bait headlines, says Trunks was gonna stay but Gohan says he wants to visit Bulma in the future in peaceful times and that makes Trunks change his mind and stays in the future with Mai. He also supposedly pretends that leaving was always his plan. Why would Trunks just not tell Gohan what happened lol?
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:45 pm

Nero<>Akira wrote:http://comicbook.com/anime/2017/08/16/d ... ure-trunk/

Toyotaro has made a 3rd mini chapter. This time, it's for the FT arc. The site, notorious for stupid articles and click-bait headlines, says Trunks was gonna stay but Gohan says he wants to visit Bulma in the future in peaceful times and that makes Trunks change his mind and stays in the future with Mai. He also supposedly pretends that leaving was always his plan. Why would Trunks just not tell Gohan what happened lol?
Nobody told Gohan what happened and he accidentally made Trunks feel really guilty. Then Bulma berated him for being insensitive even though she knows he has no idea what's going on. :?

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:16 am

Mmmmmm, I guess?
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:03 pm

I was watching Jotaro kill Dio the other night and something Jotaro says to Die really works as a sort of metaphor for the mechanics of Super Saiyan Blue in the manga. Specifically the diminishing returns if you try to flip it on and off in rapid succession.

Jotaro talks about being at someone's mercy like holding your breath under water for a whole minute, hitting your limit then gasping for air only to immediately get sent back down without even getting a second to properly catch your breath. That seems like a pretty good analogy to use for manga Blue. Obviously, it needs slight reworking into the diver choosing to try and go another minute without taking a fresh breath of air.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:42 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:I was watching Jotaro kill Dio the other night and something Jotaro says to Die really works as a sort of metaphor for the mechanics of Super Saiyan Blue in the manga. Specifically the diminishing returns if you try to flip it on and off in rapid succession.

Jotaro talks about being at someone's mercy like holding your breath under water for a whole minute, hitting your limit then gasping for air only to immediately get sent back down without even getting a second to properly catch your breath. That seems like a pretty good analogy to use for manga Blue. Obviously, it needs slight reworking into the diver choosing to try and go another minute without taking a fresh breath of air.
I'm still so mixed on that ending being full of "WELL WHAT A COINCIDENCE!" It's used AGAIN in Eyes of Heaven game to an even grander scale.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:33 pm

Do you guys think we'll see Blue + kaioken in the ToP arc of the manga? Goku did use it in the Zeno exhibition match, and vs Gohan briefly in the recruiting stuff, though he has not yet in the actual ToP, so could go either way.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:55 pm

Analytical Delusion wrote:Do you guys think we'll see Blue + kaioken in the ToP arc of the manga? Goku did use it in the Zeno exhibition match, and vs Gohan briefly in the recruiting stuff, though he has not yet in the actual ToP, so could go either way.
I don't think we will and I hope Kaioken never sees the light of day in the manga. Ignoring the anime, it would mess so many things up. It would be contradictory to how Blue has been presented, an incredibly taxing form even worse than SSJ3, Kaioken shouldn't logicality stack with that.

It would mess the power-scale, being twice as strong as someone in Dragon Ball is enough to destroy people without being touched. It would destroy the interesting rivalry between Goku and Vegeta.
It offers nothing story-wise it's basically a call back to make Goku much stronger.

Besides Goku is getting a new transformation at ToP, introducing Kaioken at this point would be unnecessary.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:52 pm

Analytical Delusion wrote:Do you guys think we'll see Blue + kaioken in the ToP arc of the manga? Goku did use it in the Zeno exhibition match, and vs Gohan briefly in the recruiting stuff, though he has not yet in the actual ToP, so could go either way.
Mastered Super Saiyan Blue > Kaioken Blue.
The point in the story is to control one's ki from leaking.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:26 pm

Will this appear in the manga?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:42 pm

Miracles wrote:
Mastered Super Saiyan Blue > Kaioken Blue.
The point in the story is to control one's ki from leaking.
That was only said in the anime, not the manga.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:31 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote:Will this appear in the manga?
I really hope so. Also wonder if the elimination order will be the same or different

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:48 pm

I doubt the eliminations order will be different, trough I would love it. I hope Toyotaro gives Tien more focus too. After Krillin's and specially Roshi's episodes, the way he got ringed out was extremely dissapointed, specially because the three clones were apparently fine yet all of them fell with the sniper. I know we can't really expect some crazy shit like a four arms Kihoho, but...

dbzfan7 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:I was watching Jotaro kill Dio the other night and something Jotaro says to Die really works as a sort of metaphor for the mechanics of Super Saiyan Blue in the manga. Specifically the diminishing returns if you try to flip it on and off in rapid succession.

I'm still so mixed on that ending being full of "WELL WHAT A COINCIDENCE!" It's used AGAIN in Eyes of Heaven game to an even grander scale.
Yeah, the final part of the fight was terrible. And let's not speak about how HA Dio was defeated in the game please... So much potential wasted there.

Even GER powers being the counterpart of King Crimson didn't seem as forced as Jotaro killing Dio. But hey, it could be worse. Look at Part 4's ending.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:44 pm

HeroR wrote:That was only said in the anime, not the manga.
Vegeta: "Goku has sealed the overflowing power from blue within his body."~Chapter 24

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:47 pm

Miracles wrote:
HeroR wrote:That was only said in the anime, not the manga.
Vegeta: "Goku has sealed the overflowing power from blue within his body."~Chapter 24
Sealing overflowing power isn't the same same as Whis talking about 'leaking ki', since everyone in Super has auras, including Beerus. Yet, Whis doesn't call that leaking ki.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.