"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:23 pm

perucho1990 wrote:既に半数以上が脱落した「力の大会」。悟空たち第7宇宙を叩くべく曲者のフロストが動きだす。ターゲットは亀仙人、ベジータ。はたして勝負の行方は!?

It says that Frost targets are Roshi and Vegeta, so there is a small chance Vegeta is gone next episode because he saves Roshi?
No.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcemenjt & Discussion Thread

Post by Xeogran » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:25 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
Xeogran wrote:Does Maji Kayo going against Jiren meaning he took Dyspo out? I so want U3 to eliminate someone. Maji is my favorite member from there too.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Just DO IT writers! Dyspo outdated! And being knocked off by Jiren wouldn't even be a shame to my favorite boy.
Jiren will probably save Dyspo from getting eliminated.
Too much of saving Dyspo, that would be the third time somebody saved his butt :evil:

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:27 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: He's going to rant and rave about this like no tomorrow. I can't wait for it. :lol:
There are no live streams but from what I saw Piccolo saved Gohan yet again. He regenerated a few times, can somebody tell me what he did that was so embarrassing? I didn't see the whole episode.

Or do you think he's going to rant about Tien?
Basically, Gohan and Piccolo got pinned down by a sniper, and in the process of destroying some debris to create a smoke screen to conceal themselves from the sniper fire, Piccolo got shot and lost an arm. And then shortly after that, the sniper took a shot at Gohan from an angle that caught Gohan off guard and he couldn't react in time but Piccolo jumped just before Gohan was going to get hit and protected Gohan. But in the process of doing, so lost two arms from taking the sniper fire that was directed at Gohan. After that Goku, Vegeta and Tien take center stage for the episode while Gohan and Piccolo watch from the distance. Vegeta eliminated the person who was assisting the sniper in finding his target and Tien eliminated the sniper himself. Gohan and Piccolo pretty much did nothing of importance in the episode after from hide from the sniper while Goku, Vegeta and Tien took care of the situation.
Thanks man. Yeah I can see why some would be upset. Piccolo saving Gohan yet again should annoy Gohan fans. It's become a meme that's been stretched to the highest level. And it shows that Gohan needs someone to look out for him when he's a big boy and should be past that stage.

Piccolo will get his episode when the Namekians show up, that's why I'm not gonna rant about this episode even though Piccolo is my favorite too.

Kinda disappointed about Tien, just saw that scene. Was hoping he would get a bit more. Was hoping he would use his Neo Tri Beam against someone strong. At least he was as brave as ever.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:34 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Holy shit, is that Frost using the Mafuba in the preview? :shock:
.....No....

It's clearly Roshi doing it. :wtf:

ssjprodigy
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjprodigy » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:36 pm

I'm gonna post this great comment Terez27 made on dbz reddit I believe she is correct imo
"OP theory:
(based on which dragon ball each person is holding in the opening)
1. Krillin
2. Ten
3. Roshi
4. Piccolo
5. 17
6. 18
7. Freeza
ED theory:
(based on which order each member appears in the ending)
1. Krillin
2. Ten
3. Vegeta
4. 18
5. 17
6. Piccolo
7. Roshi
8. Freeza
9. Goku
10. Gohan
Clearly the folks at Toei are aware of both theories, and considering the commonality in the first two eliminations, the theories were likely planted deliberately. They're playing on that in the NEP; we see Roshi vs Frost. Considering that, I lean toward them being deceptive. Goku's shocked look in the FujiTV preview image (also seen in the NEP) would fit a Vegeta elimination.
I like Vegeta and I'd like for him to stay longer, but I've suspected Frost would be the one to take him out for a while. Frost targeted Krillin first, someone Freeza killed. Freeza also killed Vegeta (twice) so he makes sense as a next target. Vegeta took Frost out at the U6 tournament so he has his own reasons for wanting to target Vegeta.
Vegeta rose to #1 in the MVP list this week. That might be his last hurrah. (Still hoping otherwise, personally, but not much hope at this point.)"

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:39 pm

Another episode where we can ask why Gohan is team leader again, and why it wasn't Piccolo or Roshi...Glad Tenshinhan got to do something....but man that was all he got in the entire thing of note besides that one off blink and you'll miss it. Also Katchi Katchin...more like paper mache...
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:40 pm

hardcorefakes wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Holy shit, is that Frost using the Mafuba in the preview? :shock:
.....No....

I'm talking about this:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:40 pm

Accoring to Herms Frost is teamin up with Magetta, which should be a better match up then Botamo. But I think we can all agree with "Revenge F2 in the episode title......Frieza has got something nasty in the works.

ShinTenshin
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinTenshin » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:43 pm

Tenshinhan eliminate a powerful opponent to protect Gohan and Piccolo of an elimination. The Sniper's shot is similar to Makankosappo (Piccolo said it). So Tenshinhan most likely save the day, not so bad.
The Sniper from U2 really humiliate Gohan.

As for 107, it's clear that is the end for Vegeta. The name of Episode is Revange of F with trap.... And we all know that Vegeta is the guy concerned by the word revange....
Finally The Ending give the order of elimination, i just can't believe Vegeta defeat but it's clear, goodbye our dear Prince !
Seems Frost will copy Mafuba to beat Vegeta.
Goku, Krilin and Tenshinhan are shocked.
We'll have confirmation with the summary coming like every month, i'm so sad.....
Why Akira ? Why you need to do this....

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:50 pm

ShinTenshin wrote:Tenshinhan eliminate a powerful opponent to protect Gohan and Piccolo of an elimination. The Sniper's shot is similar to Makankosappo (Piccolo said it). So Tenshinhan most likely save the day, not so bad.
The Sniper from U2 really humiliate Gohan.

As for 107, it's clear that is the end for Vegeta. The name of Episode is Revange of F with trap.... And we all know that Vegeta is the guy concerned by the word revange....
Finally The Ending give the order of elimination, i just can't believe Vegeta defeat but it's clear, goodbye our dear Prince !
Seems Frost will copy Mafuba to beat Vegeta.
Goku, Krilin and Tenshinhan are shocked.
We'll have confirmation with the summary coming like every month, i'm so sad.....
Why Akira ? Why you need to do this....
I want to Stay away from the Debate about Gohan and Piccolo and Just Focus on the BOLD Part and Just Say I am REALLY PROUD of Universe 2 in this Episode! 8)

They Gave off a Unique Ideal of Teamwork and Came-Off as a good Threat that made Universe 7 become Creative, Hurt them Allot and Made Tien have a BAD-A** Moment! 8)

This was a Nice Homage to The Predator Alien Series, One I am a Fan of, Indeed Univere 2 Keeps Hitting ALL my Fandoms so Much it is Scary, LOL!!! :lol:

Liked this Episode, Getting More Dramatic now that more teams are losing more.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:57 pm

How did Piccolo get embarrassed this episode? The situation was far out of his control. He didn't even make any major mistakes either. Piccolo did alright consider how big the disadvantage was. He came up with several idea that weren't bad in theory at least. Gohan felt like he was dumbed down a bit this episode though. If both Gohan and Piccolo were allowed to be smart at the same time, they might have won on their own.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:59 pm

ssjprodigy wrote:I'm gonna post this great comment Terez27 made on dbz reddit I believe she is correct imo
"OP theory:
(based on which dragon ball each person is holding in the opening)
1. Krillin
2. Ten
3. Roshi
4. Piccolo
5. 17
6. 18
7. Freeza
ED theory:
(based on which order each member appears in the ending)
1. Krillin
2. Ten
3. Vegeta
4. 18
5. 17
6. Piccolo
7. Roshi
8. Freeza
9. Goku
10. Gohan
Clearly the folks at Toei are aware of both theories, and considering the commonality in the first two eliminations, the theories were likely planted deliberately. They're playing on that in the NEP; we see Roshi vs Frost. Considering that, I lean toward them being deceptive. Goku's shocked look in the FujiTV preview image (also seen in the NEP) would fit a Vegeta elimination.
I like Vegeta and I'd like for him to stay longer, but I've suspected Frost would be the one to take him out for a while. Frost targeted Krillin first, someone Freeza killed. Freeza also killed Vegeta (twice) so he makes sense as a next target. Vegeta took Frost out at the U6 tournament so he has his own reasons for wanting to target Vegeta.
Vegeta rose to #1 in the MVP list this week. That might be his last hurrah. (Still hoping otherwise, personally, but not much hope at this point.)"
So pretty much either Roshi or Vegeta will be gone in the next episode.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:02 pm

Beyond wrote:How did Piccolo get embarrassed this episode? The situation was far out of his control. He didn't even make any major mistakes either. Piccolo did alright consider how big the disadvantage was. He came up with several idea that weren't bad in theory at least. Gohan felt like he was dumbed down a bit this episode though. If both Gohan and Piccolo were allowed to be smart at the same time, they might have won on their own.
Lost 3 arms,took hits for Gohan again.The plans were good.
And no thats how Gohan usually is,he was always a brute fighting wise so in a battle of fighting smarts he is outclassed.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:05 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:
.....No....

I'm talking about this:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Frost is probably launching an attack at someone and Roshi initiates the Mafuba.

Furthermore, we also see Roshi doing to pose to seal off a target after that....so....yeah.

99% sure Frost doesn't randomly know the Mafuba now.

Kataphrut

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcemenjt & Discussion Thread

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:07 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
Xeogran wrote:Does Maji Kayo going against Jiren meaning he took Dyspo out? I so want U3 to eliminate someone. Maji is my favorite member from there too.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Just DO IT writers! Dyspo outdated! And being knocked off by Jiren wouldn't even be a shame to my favorite boy.
Jiren will probably save Dyspo from getting eliminated.
It looks more like he's attacking Jiren and Dyspo is saving Jiren from having to move from his square inch of floor.

Jiren: Thanks for the assist man. I almost had to look like I cared.
Dyspo: Yeah...*eyes 7 eliminated Pride Troopers in the stands* that would suck for you.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:09 pm

Too bad Dr Rota ended up being a jobber.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:14 pm

Whatever wrote:
Beyond wrote:How did Piccolo get embarrassed this episode? The situation was far out of his control. He didn't even make any major mistakes either. Piccolo did alright consider how big the disadvantage was. He came up with several idea that weren't bad in theory at least. Gohan felt like he was dumbed down a bit this episode though. If both Gohan and Piccolo were allowed to be smart at the same time, they might have won on their own.
Lost 3 arms,took hits for Gohan again.The plans were good.
And no thats how Gohan usually is,he was always a brute fighting wise so in a battle of fighting smarts he is outclassed.
The Piccolo and Gohan bit today just showed how smart Piccolo is and how quickly he thinks and reacts.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:19 pm

Piccolo's part just makes it more likely to me he's going to be taken out saving Gohan as I already suspect. It's really making me lose interest in Piccolo as a character. He and Gohan both benefit a lot more as characters currently if they were separated, same with Goku and Vegeta.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:20 pm

omaro34 wrote:Too bad Dr Rota ended up being a jobber.
He was treated as a joke too. This is beyond annoying.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:25 pm

Tenshinhan Special Forces
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra