The ending might very well told us the order the main cast gets eliminated

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: The ending might very well told us the order the main cast gets eliminated

Post by BWri » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:37 am

precita wrote:I actually hope this is the order also because Piccolo will last a really long time and hopefully get some big fights and moments. I'm worried as all hell Piccolo will be treated poorly here, so I'll be really surprised and thrilled if Piccolo gets a major point in this tournament.
Me too! I hate to say this about Tien, but I really hope Piccolo doesn't get the Tien treatment here. He's already done virtually nothing. He's doing the only thing his role in Super has afforded him so far, sacrificing himself for Gohan. Please, for the love of Kami, give Piccolo his own episode and make him useful to the survival of U7! I hope to heavens the the elimination list is true lol.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Slaythe
Beyond Newbie

Post by Slaythe » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:05 am

The_Destroyer wrote:I'm hoping this elimination order is true because if Roshi is next one to go out then it would be flat lazy and obvious to have the weakest members go oit first. Having one of your heavy hitters be taken out early would increase the tension of this arc, which is what this arc needs. It's time they do something different than go with the predictable order of weakest eliminated first and strongest survivng till the end.
You'd think they don't give a shit about tension if they spoiled the entire elimination order in the ED.........

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:21 am

Slaythe wrote:
The_Destroyer wrote:I'm hoping this elimination order is true because if Roshi is next one to go out then it would be flat lazy and obvious to have the weakest members go oit first. Having one of your heavy hitters be taken out early would increase the tension of this arc, which is what this arc needs. It's time they do something different than go with the predictable order of weakest eliminated first and strongest survivng till the end.
You'd think they don't give a shit about tension if they spoiled the entire elimination order in the ED.........
Look at the number of people denying it though

And what I mean by tension, I mean "What? We lost Vegeta? He's the third strongest on the team, how could our heroes possibly win this fight?"

Spoilong the elimination order still doesnt tell us when or how they'll be taken out, so tension still remains.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:24 am

I really liked the idea of that order when the theory first went around; Tien was an unfortunate sacrifice, but the tradeoff was Vegeta gets out early, Piccolo lasts a decent amount of time and Gohan and Frieza make it to the end. That would have been my ideal.

But, I kind of turned around on it after episode 105. At first, I loved the idea of Roshi outlasting nearly everybody, but instead he had this awesome death-or-glory showing in 105. That wasn't what I expected but it was so much better than i could have hoped, and I feel like he should've bowed out gracefully. Not necessarily die, but at least retire and ring himself out after being revived.

It almost feels like a waste that he'll be getting another episode focused on him in 107. It's too soon, Piccolo and Frieza still haven't done anything of note yet, Universe 3 and U6 Namekians are still waiting in the wings and we're getting dangerously close to the climax.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:31 am

Vegeta has enough eliminations, I don't mind if he goes down.

Sadly that means 18's elimination is coming shortly after. Hope she takes out at least 1-2 more characters.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:38 am

If Vegeta is eliminated next Ill believe this theory. Until then its just coincidence as we all kind of knew Town and Krillin would go before anyone but possibly Roshi.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:45 am

precita wrote:Image

It's happening. Unless Roshi does get knocked out next week, I think Vegeta will be the surprise knock out.

The rest of this lineup makes sense. I can see 18 going not to long after, then 17. Piccolo will obviously last long enough to fight those two Nameks, then he's gone.

Freeza being third to last, and the last two being Goku/Gohan fits.
I can get behind the idea of piccolo being the number six member to go out.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:22 am

After today's episodes I think there might be some truth to that. I hope it's not cause not only is Vegeta my favorite but this'll tell us the whole elimination order which doesn't make sense cause why would you spoile the whole story ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:37 am

sintzu wrote:After today's episodes I think there might be some truth to that. I hope it's not cause not only is Vegeta my favorite but this'll tell us the whole elimination order which doesn't make sense cause why would you spoile the whole story ?
While I personally don't care too much when/if Vegeta gets eliminated, the bold is a reason why I don't want Vegeta going next. It'd be lame to know when each character is getting eliminated. It's not like the Japanese are necessarily afraid to spoil things though, so I will say I wouldn't be surprised if Vegeta goes next, but I still don't think it's the likeliest thing in the world to happen.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:11 am

Jigurashi wrote:It's not like the Japanese are necessarily afraid to spoil things though, so I will say I wouldn't be surprised if Vegeta goes next.
We already know what each episode will have before it airs, doing this is just stupid. Why on earth would you want to spoile your whole plot like that ? Maybe they had the 1st 2 spiled to get us expecting Vegeta only for us to be surprised with it being someone else ?

ssbgoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ssbgoku » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:27 am

Nopr this is hoe it should be ala dbz. Weaker characters out and then stronger which will grafually shows greater tension and more impact to fight when heavvy hitters are only left. I really hope Frost eliminate Roshi next,he already got too much love. Hell I would be glad if jiren brought him by head and throw out saying it is for him he can not use his power while laughing at roshi atttacks.

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:09 am

Telling the audience the order of eliminations by showing it in the ending is the most foolish creative decision I've ever seen. And I've read Sonichu.

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:43 am

Yep, I'm totally buying that. Vegeta getting a shocking dropout sounds just like something the writers would do to him since they are really liking Vegeta falling flat on his face in super. :(

The end however is again boorishly predictable, We get a "father son" a la Cell teamup again with Gohan being the ultimate winner in the end. :roll:

If Super really wants to surprise, they let Goku drop out earlier for a change.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:03 am

SsjCookie wrote:Yep, I'm totally buying that. Vegeta getting a shocking dropout sounds just like something the writers would do to him since they are really liking Vegeta falling flat on his face in super. :(

The end however is again boorishly predictable, We get a "father son" a la Cell teamup again with Gohan being the ultimate winner in the end. :roll:

Didnt they kinda already do that in the U6 arc? tho it didnt last long till we knew Goku was coming back :lol:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:23 am

SsjCookie wrote:Vegeta getting a shocking dropout sounds just like something the writers would do.

They are really liking Vegeta falling flat on his face in super. :(
It wouldn't be shocking cause if the ending is how they're doing it then we've known for 2 months now. Vegeta dropping out early would have everyone's jaw drop but for some unkown reason, they had to (at least we think they have) spoile it. Does anyone know why they think people need to know every plot point before the episodes air ? Why not release Toriyama's scripts while they're at it.

Thankfully not in the manga.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:03 am

Maybe Frost takes out vegeta, as part of his revenge. Vegeta humiliated Frost. So perhaps Frost takes Vegeta out in ep 107, and then the Ending Theory will be confirmed.

If the theory gets confirmed, then we might see Gohan vs Toppo or vs Dyspo and Hit vs Toppo.

TBH, i wouldnt mind if i could just skip to the final episodes with the heavy hitters duking it out.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:46 am

I'm still not buying any of this shit. I'm shocked at how much people are ignoring the fact that Super loves providing red herrings. I have good feeling the ending is another one of those cases where the show is deliberately leading you down one path just swerve the shit out of the when it does something you weren't expecting. It's happened so many times in this show.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:48 am

SsjCookie wrote:Yep, I'm totally buying that. Vegeta getting a shocking dropout sounds just like something the writers would do to him since they are really liking Vegeta falling flat on his face in super. :(

I'm pretty sure if Gohan wins that is exactly what would happen. Goku gets new form, looses, Gohan rages! These things are not contradictory. But this time Goku yells from the sidelines instead of the afterworld. Maybe they are rehashing the whole father helping thing in a new way to answer question about if his energy was added or Goku was just getting Gohan to draw his own out and better highlight a thing people always argue about.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:14 am

While I like the idea, I also really doubt it's true. Krillin and Tien being among the first to get eliminated is more or less logical/predictable if we think about the power-hierarchy. For the moment, the only exception is Roshi but that might change come next episode. Now, if it is Vegeta, yeah, that confirms the theory, but having him be the third one out is a ballsier move than I expect.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:27 am

I wouldn't dislike the ending elimination order, if it were true. But honestly, I hope they haven't just spoilered the elimination order like that. It would be incredibly lame. I get giving some hints here and there, but doing it like this would be way too much.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical