15 DBZ questions.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

I like DB(Z) (...)

15 DBZ questions.

Post by I like DB(Z) (...) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:42 am

What would happen if Cell absorbs (whole, like with C18 and C17) a person, like Frieza for example?

Any reason why Cell is made to look like a bug? If I were Toriyama-sensei I would probably end up making him have different features of those who he has cells from (forgot which, but I remember some).

Why are all the villains (movie villains in DBGT not included) humanoid shape?

Does anyone have a screencap of King Kold? I want to see whether or not he looks more like first-stage Frieza (without chair thing), or second-stage Frieza.

If King Kold looks like Frieza, is there a chance that his original form is the same as Frieza’s? And if he has a 5th form, would it look the same as if Frieza has a 5th form?

From the time that Buu slit into the pink and grey one, was there a chance of 2 Chibi Buus happening? If you take out the Kaioshins from him, he would revert back to Chibi Buu? Or would it be some other form of “Chibi” Buu?

A bad-memory question: I remember Buu being taken out from Super-Buu, to make Chibi-Buu. But then I remember Chibi-Buu spitting out Buu on the Kaioshin planet (I only watch anime). What happened inbetween?

What happened to the Kaioshin when Buu fused with Uub?

If Vegetto didn’t have the shield up, would he stay as one being? Or would he split into two? If he split, which would be the dominant? Goku or Vegeta? If they id split up, is there a possibility that the Kaioshin also split up (assuming they were fused, of course)? If they do split up, why wouldn’t Gotenks and Piccolo de-fuse (would be funny with Piccolo)?

With Gotenks’ cocoon thing, would it be one cocoon, then split into 2 when he separated? Or do you think there would be one cocoon with 4 connector thingys.

Would it be possible to do three-way fusion with the potaras’? (A passes his right to B, B passes his right to C and C passes his right to A)

What would happen if you carved a statue out of rock and then put the earring on it? Would you fuse with the rock?

What would happen with inter-species fusing? Would you create a new race? Like breeding 2 races together.

If 2 dance-Fusions fused, what would happen? The two original fusions would run out of time before the 4-Fusion runs out (unless the time is shorter)?

If a Potara fusion, fused with a person, would it be “A+B=D+C=E”? Or “A+B+C=E”?

Terra-jin
Regular

Post by Terra-jin » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:23 pm

1. I think that only 17 and 18 would result in Cell transforming. In any other's case, he would just consume their energy. It was the biomechanical parts that made Cell transform, IMO.

2. In universe: it was a result of the combined DNA of all races. For it to work, it needed to have an insectoid shape. Out of universe: because it's cooool.

3. Dunno.

4. He looks like second stage Freeza.

5. Yes, probably. They are from the same race, so that would make sense. There are a few small differences between the two, like their faces and the color of their glass-like muscles.

6. The question about Buu is difficult to answer. I believe that if the Kaioshin were removed, the two Buus would indeed return to Chibi Buus. Evil Buu has already done that, so I guess Fat Buu would, too. But, would this Kid Buu be evil or good? The original, whole Kid Buu was 100% evil, so there's no way this new Buu can be good, but all his evil went to the main Kid Buu. I guess he'd be neutral, or spiritless.

7. Well, Fat Buu's cocoon was left inside Kid Buu's head. Somehow, he still had some influence as to prevent Kid from harming Mr. Satan.

8. They were fused, as well? Must be crowded in there... But seriously, that's a toughie. Maybe the part of Buu containing the Kaioshin was not absorbed, leaving them free..?

9. Somehow, only Potara fusions are de-fused inside Buu. This point was never explained in the series, so I don't know. I'll have to think about it. You know, now that you mentioned it, I realise Buu had all three kinds of fusions inside his system :D

10. When Gotenks de-fused, he broke his pod and Goten and Trunks were re-absorbed inside Buu, I guess.

11. Cool idea. But it only works when two people wear two opposite earrings together, so this probably wouldn't do anything. You can, however, fuse again with the same set of earrings, so if you wanted you could fuse as many people as you want.

12. I assume it needs to be a thing with ki (i.e. a person). Maybe it could be an animal or plant?

13. Yes, remember Old Kai and the Witch?

14. I have no idea. The 2-way fused beings don't exist, in their stead is the 4-way. Maybe when that fusion is over, the time they had when they fused 4-ways is continued?

15. 0_o
It's all GOOD

I like DB(Z) (...)

Post by I like DB(Z) (...) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:42 pm

Terra-jin wrote:13. Yes, remember Old Kai and the Witch?
Oh yeah... So I guess Old-Kai is the (probably) only one of his race/species...
Terra-jin wrote:15. 0_o
What? Shall I explain in more detail?
A and B are the original peo--
Screw that, maybe if I used characters...

Gohan and Goku used the potaras, and create Gokhan. Than Gokhan fused with Vegeta: Vegokhan (:lol:). What if we used the three-way idea I thought (pretending it works, of course) would the result be the same being? Or a different one? Maybe (if different) Vegehanku?

Terra-jin
Regular

Post by Terra-jin » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:20 pm

Well, in the case you're describing it's neither Goku nor Gohan who fuse with Vegeta. So it's technically a fusion between Vegeta and Gokhan. However, I do think that the result is the same if it would be a three-way fusion. Both cases have Vegeta, Gohan and Goku in them.

By using a mathematical analogy, we find the same proof: 2x2x2 is the same as (2x2)x2. If you use addition, the result is again the same.
It's all GOOD

I like DB(Z) (...)

Post by I like DB(Z) (...) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:48 pm

...Another question=
Why is it, that when the Kais fuse, their voice is one? Is it because one is more dominant? So maybe that is why the Saiyans' voice is a duo voice becuase neither is more dominant?
...I just answered my own question, didn't I?

Terra-jin
Regular

Post by Terra-jin » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:51 pm

Heh, that and TOEI didn't want to go through the trouble to double-cast on a minor character. Double voices must be pretty hard to get correctly.
It's all GOOD

I like DB(Z) (...)

Post by I like DB(Z) (...) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:54 pm

True... another thing to hate TOEI for, and DBGT

Terra-jin
Regular

Post by Terra-jin » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:00 pm

C'mon, where's the love, man??

I can see why you don't like GT, but TOEI did an excellent job at animating Dragonball in my opinion. There's always small things, but overall I love TOEI's Dragonball anime.
It's all GOOD

I like DB(Z) (...)

Post by I like DB(Z) (...) » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:21 pm

Maybe I should have rephrased it... I, myself, prefer watching an anime than reading the manga (well... unless I'm too impatient waiting for the episode coming out :D)

Drunken Master
Regular

Post by Drunken Master » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:32 pm

Well, Mr. Toriyama had many designs for Cell, and not all of them were bug related. Luckily, this site had a design sheet. Here it is. As for King Kold, he has to be in his second form, just because of his size, and the way the horns are. When Freeza changed into that form, he was pretty big, and Kold is huge. But then again, he's wearing armor like Freeza's first form, but if Kold wasn't wearing the armor, he'd look just like form two Freeza. You can compare these three links, they look pretty much the same.

Freeza, first form.
Kold
Freeza, second form.

The rest of your questions are Buu saga related, so I must go. That saga sucked in my opinion, so why would I want to talk about it? Haha. Also about the movie thing, Janemba's first form was pretty umm...not human-like in shape. The short answer for why the movie characters are humanoid, is because they were all re-used. Almost every movie villain is a space alien, android, namek, demon, or saiyan.
Last edited by Drunken Master on Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
AKA [b]Pope Blitzkrieg XVI[/b], [b]Mr. Shades-Internet McCool[/b]

king jro

Baby Question

Post by king jro » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:48 pm

I have a question about baby
When he absorbed Goten and Gohan did he make them any stronger?
and why in the world did Piccilo seem so weak?
was it just a stupid gt plothole?
Gluttony is the tastiest sin.

Professor Daravon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Professor Daravon » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:25 am

I'm gonna disagree with Terra-jin on the first question. After Cell spits out #18, he reverts back to his second stage; but after he self-destructs and receives the Saiya-jin powerup, he returns not only in his Perfect form, but even stronger. This suggests to me that Cell's form is a function of his power, not of whom he has absorbed. It simply happens that the Artificial Humans are the fastest and easiest way to reach Perfection. At the time that they're absorbed, they're still far stronger than any of the Z Senshi except for Vegeta and Trunks, who are stronger than Cell himself and are therefore not realistic candidates for assimilation. If Cell absorbed Freeza, I suppose that he would experience a substantial power upgrade; however, given that Freeza is significantly weaker than the Artificial Humans, it is impossible to say whether that would be sufficient to trigger a transformation. My guess is, probably not.

On the question of two Kid Boos, I'm going to guess that it was probably unlikely if not impossible. The original Boo was pure evil; it was his absorption of South Kaioshin and Dai Kaioshin that gave him a spark of goodness. When he split, he ejected his evil into Old Boo, who was significantly stronger than what remained of Fat Boo. I have always suspected that Fat Boo was essentially just the two Kaioshins inside a Boo shell. I really want to say that if you removed them, there'd be very little Boo left. I suppose it is possible that he would physically revert back to a form resembling Kid Boo, but I think he would be extraordinarily weak, having transferred all of his original Boo-ness into Old Boo.

I think that if Vegetto hadn't raised a barrier, he would have been absorbed the same as any other character and would not have been split. My only real basis for believing this is the fact that Gotenks didn't split; however, it is important to bear in mind that Vegetto and Gotenks (and Piccolo, for that matter) were also the products of completely different methods of fusion, which may also have played a role. The true explanation here is, of course, that it suited the story to split Vegetto apart again, but my rationalization of the fission holds that it occurred because Vegetto was not properly assimilated into Boo's body. Though weaker than Vegetto, Boo is still immensely powerful himself; with Vegetto having escaped cocooning, Boo's body broke down the fusion. However, just to answer your other question, I think that if Vegetto were assimilated and split, Gohan would remain dominant, as he was significantly stronger than any other unfused character, Vegeta and Goku included. If you assume Gohan wasn't absorbed, it really just becomes a question of which was stronger between the two of them. They were pretty evenly matched when they fought each other earlier, but Vegeta received a power upgrade when he was charmed that may or may not have carried over afterward; Goku also presumably received the Saiya-jin powerup when he was resurrected by Rou Dai Kaioshin. And if potential power plays into the equation at all, Goku's Super Saiya-jin 3 was much stronger than anything Vegeta could achieve. So I would say that Goku was probably stronger than Vegeta and would therefore have been dominant in Gohan's absence.