A total embarrassment

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

A total embarrassment

Post by supercat » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:27 pm

Tien's seriously a waste of screen time. It would have been better if he was one of the random fighters knocked off stage by Narirama. The only place Tien has is basically on the sidelines commenting how great characters like Vegeta and Android 17 are. Oh and being completely awe-struck by Frieza, and expressing how glad he is that Frieza is helping them. Complimenting Goku is also a great role for him too. And no, I'm not a Goku fan. I'm just saying it's a role that would fit Tien perfectly.

But the characters mentioned above, and Gohan are the only characters Tien should compliment. He should keep his mouth shut about Piccolo when it comes to saying anything nice, because seeing Piccolo and Tien working together would be an awful combination of boredom and more power-lacking, pathetic techniques. Basically running away from the opponent, hiding, and then resorting to cheap attacks hoping to bypass the huge gap in power, only to get overwhelmed either way.

I would choose Piccolo shielding Gohan over Piccolo and Tien working together or giving each other respect. As pathetic as Piccolo is, he would be that much cooler of a character if he brought back some of his condescending attitude, especially towards Tien and Yamcha. Him forming any friendship with these two would be awful. Piccolo should just stay as far away from them as he possibly can.

Krillin and Roshi are great, and it'd be best if they just spent more time with their Saiyan pals. The further away these two get from characters like Tien, Yamcha, and Piccolo the better they'd look in my opinion. As for Piccolo, he should either go spend time with Whis, or exclusively spend more time with Goku, Gohan, and Vegeta. He's no longer really worthy of being Android 17's rival anyway.

Feel free to add if you agree, or actually feel otherwise.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Re: A total embarrassment

Post by Basako » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:03 am

There are two threads about Tenshinhan right now in the first line, one just for him, the other in relation with Roshi and Krilin plus the 106 episode thread, but you just had to create a new one to put your adversity towards him and this title in front of everyone's noses, right?

And also to let us know about your adversity for Piccolo. Two for one. Ok man, nothing else to add in here.
Heno heno kappa!

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:11 am

Tien's not the problem, he has a variety of techniques to use and would be perfect for this style of tournament and IMO he should be stronger than or at least relatively close in power to Roshi, so there's no reason he couldn't have got as good of a showing as Roshi. They just chose not to because Roshi is slightly more popular than Tien. If this was DBZ, Tien would be overwhelmingly stronger than Roshi, and I can accept that Roshi has been training, but Tien has his own school so it's unlikely that he's just been sitting around.

A lot of the fodder characters getting eliminated by Tien or Gohan/Piccolo would be a lot more interesting than Goku and Vegeta just toying with them and then one shotting them.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:25 am

I don't think we need a million threads dedicated to disrespecting Tenshinhan. Toei's done a swell enough job of that already.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:26 am

supercat wrote:Tien's seriously a waste of screen time. It would have been better if he was one of the random fighters knocked off stage by Narirama. The only place Tien has is basically on the sidelines commenting how great characters like Vegeta and Android 17 are. Oh and being completely awe-struck by Frieza, and expressing how glad he is that Frieza is helping them. Complimenting Goku is also a great role for him too. And no, I'm not a Goku fan. I'm just saying it's a role that would fit Tien perfectly.

But the characters mentioned above, and Gohan are the only characters Tien should compliment. He should keep his mouth shut about Piccolo when it comes to saying anything nice, because seeing Piccolo and Tien working together would be an awful combination of boredom and more power-lacking, pathetic techniques. Basically running away from the opponent, hiding, and then resorting to cheap attacks hoping to bypass the huge gap in power, only to get overwhelmed either way.

I would choose Piccolo shielding Gohan over Piccolo and Tien working together or giving each other respect. As pathetic as Piccolo is, he would be that much cooler of a character if he brought back some of his condescending attitude, especially towards Tien and Yamcha. Him forming any friendship with these two would be awful. Piccolo should just stay as far away from them as he possibly can.

Krillin and Roshi are great, and it'd be best if they just spent more time with their Saiyan pals. The further away these two get from characters like Tien, Yamcha, and Piccolo the better they'd look in my opinion. As for Piccolo, he should either go spend time with Whis, or exclusively spend more time with Goku, Gohan, and Vegeta. He's no longer really worthy of being Android 17's rival anyway.

Feel free to add if you agree, or actually feel otherwise.
Being smart in combat and using unique techniques and strategies to overcome stronger opponents trumps resorting to pure power in terms of entertainment value and writing any day of the week.

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wolflonnie » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:32 am

The problem here is how little screentime and development he got, on top of meh writing.
Krillin proved to be smart and cunning, Roshi proved to be wise in combat, and both of them had good introductory episodes, as well as character focused episodes in the ToP.
Tien just got one decent scene, in which he took down his opponent AFTER having been fooled, and his strategy consisted, basically, in using his clones as a meat shield. It's not nearly as good as Roshi and Krillin...

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:32 am

Tenshinhan saved at the very least, Piccolo & Gohan, so I say he did a pretty good job for U7 even if he dropped his guard at the last moment. Still, he even kinda fixed that error.

It was a tense moment and Ten made the difference for U7. These are facts.
wolflonnie wrote:The problem here is how little screentime and development he got, on top of meh writing.
Krillin proved to be smart and cunning, Roshi proved to be wise in combat, and both of them had good introductory episodes, as well as character focused episodes in the ToP.
Tien just got one decent scene, in which he took down his opponent AFTER having been fooled, and his strategy consisted, basically, in using his clones as a meat shield. It's not nearly as good as Roshi and Krillin...
He didn't use the clone technique for guarding purposes. He did use them mainly to use 12 eyes combined. Even if he used one of the clones to guard, that doesn't mean they were there for guarding the main Ten.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:33 am

Basako wrote:There are two threads about Tenshinhan right now in the first line, one just for him, the other in relation with Roshi and Krilin plus the 106 episode thread, but you just had to create a new one to put your adversity towards him and this title in front of everyone's noses, right?

And also to let us know about your adversity for Piccolo. Two for one. Ok man, nothing else to add in here.
The actual report was enough; there is no need to add your antagonistic two-cents into the mix. Please leave the moderation to the moderators and administrators.

That being said, yes, please give a cursory review to other, existing, on-going threads before creating your own, keeping in mind that these are in fact fictional characters and there are perhaps better ways to express your feelings on the storytelling. Please strive for something more.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::