So what type of villain you want for the next saga of super

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: So what type of villain you want for the next saga of super

Post by Kanassa » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:51 am

Gog wrote:For the next arc the villain would be ambitious, charismatic, ruthless, and a complete monster in how he acts. I'd love to have his arc just be a deescalation in terms of stakes in the narrative, instead of him being a threat to Earth, or the universes, or the 12 universes I'd rather just have him wanting to become the richest man in the world, and how he goes about his dream a reality makes him come into conflict with the Z fighters. Even power wise he wouldn't even be that strong, instead relying on some techniques, and his own cunning to make him a threat to the Z Fighters.
You want a very comedically petty villain? :D
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:07 am

A Makaioshin. Or anything involving the Makaioshin. There's no way that such a potential goldmine of lore can be so causally dropped by Toriyama only to never be explored.

Dai-Saiyajin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai-Saiyajin » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:54 pm

I definitely want an evil Angel to be the next villain, but it need to be someone which Zeno is powerless against, because, if not, it will break all the tension. But I think something like this should happen after EoZ, just to give real tension and a complete sense despair.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:36 pm

A arc about the Demon realm is long overdue!! But more important than that, I don't want to just have one main villain again.
One of the many things I loved about FT Trunks arc is there were actually two of them and this way gives chance to another character fight alongside Goku and have his own opponent.

Have just one main villain like Perfect Cell or Majin Buu doesn't cut it anymore.
ROF arc did something interesting with Tagoma/Ginyu, but the best approach is to have more than one main villain or a villain with actually a couple of strong minions for other characters to fight, like Freeza had in Namek arc. Not like the Evil Dragons arc in GT, where 6 of the 7 Evil Dragons were defeated by Goku/Pan alone and Goku still killed the last one... :roll:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:06 pm

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:Freeza again or probably female Janenba. I would also like to see Gokuu's dad Bardock and Gokuu's mom Gine make return and help their son out. The perfect nostalgia pandering.
This is Dragon Ball not Naruto, therefore, it won't happen. Goku doesn't give a fuck about his parents.

avasatu
Beyond Newbie

Post by avasatu » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:00 pm

Someone who can force Beerus to sacrifice himself for Goku or Vegeta.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:29 pm

We need exposure on the demon realm and the demons that inhabit it. Dabura was strong but we need God level demons. The demons need to escape their realm and then try and get the Super Dragon Balls so that they can fuse their realm with the rest of the universe because that will free their demon realm inhabitants. They have the ability that they become stronger in the demon realm so that's there aim is to make the whole Universe become the demon realm.

The Super Dragon Balls are spread between U6 and U7 so it gives them a chance to include Hit, Cabba, Caulifla Kale and the Nameks
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:21 pm

The losing universes this arc are returned from being erased and fuse with U7. Making U7 mortal level rise in the process. We get a timeskip after endofz.

All the Kaioshin work together, while the G.O.D of the fallen universes lose the G.O.D title, but remain incredibly strong.

Either have Vegeta/Goku and some others visit planet Sadal, and encounter a new strong enemy there, causing them to team with U6 Saiyan's defense force lead by Cabba, and Kale/Caulifla or after a time skip have former god of destruction Quiela return as the big bad.

Quitela (along with some new henchmen baddies) returns and seals Beerus/Whis, while rampaging U7 as a whole due to jealously he has that Beerus remained a G.O.D. Goku, along with the new gen and original cast allies team up with some former adversaries from the ToP (Pride Troopers, Brianne, U6 Saiyan's, Obini, Trio of Dangers, Ganos and some other U4 members, etc) attempt to defend the universe against Quitela and his crew.

Zeno does nothing because he's either dead (Both Zeno's accidentally erase each other last arc due to a disagreement, or they don't care because they enjoy the battles happening throughout the universe and think of it as a game). While this is happening, we learn that Goku accidentally revived the previously erased 6 universes Zeno took out, and fused it with U7 as well. Who will potentially be used for future big bads.
This isn't including battling against the top four universe U1/U12/U5/U8 as well later on.

Also exposure to the demon realm would be great, and we could possibly learn why the realm was only sealed instead of erased.
Last edited by Ilikepictures-meh on Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:22 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Gog wrote:For the next arc the villain would be ambitious, charismatic, ruthless, and a complete monster in how he acts. I'd love to have his arc just be a deescalation in terms of stakes in the narrative, instead of him being a threat to Earth, or the universes, or the 12 universes I'd rather just have him wanting to become the richest man in the world, and how he goes about his dream a reality makes him come into conflict with the Z fighters. Even power wise he wouldn't even be that strong, instead relying on some techniques, and his own cunning to make him a threat to the Z Fighters.
You want a very comedically petty villain? :D
Well. Not exactly comedic. :P He would be treated seriously for the most part, but he would be hammy in how he acts.

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:53 pm

I want Broly!! >< Broly can be funny. In fact it would be funny to see broly try to be funny. It's the perfect combination. Especially with his dry wit!

Broly: Hey, Kakarot!
Goku: ?!
Broly: Punches goku in face for no reason!
Piccolo: Broly, have you ever heard of using your words!?
Broly: Hey piccolo!
Piccolo: ?!
Broly: Punches Piccolo in face. Says, "Pow!" while doing it!
In the background suddenly weird music starts to play....(some odd Japanese music going with odd instrumentals.) Fight ensues.

Later we find out Roshi was playing instruments behind a rock.

Much Later:

Broly is looking for the two brats:
He finds them watching TV and slowly rises from behind the couch!
They are busy watching TV and do not sense him coming.(guess what they are watching!)
Broly in full super Saiyan then says: "I am Batman!" then proceeds to maul them saying, "Pow, Bang, Boff, Whac, Smash!"

Fight goes something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpoxHvmWPfc

Although, with out luck, we would get female broly helping the z fighters in the tournament or after if they survive. 8p

You know, since some of those gods are based on batman. Maybe we could get this fight choreographed between the gods... Although being a tournament of power it's the perfect time to do it between the fighters. Roshi might have some instraments on him... And nobody can fly atm making this a realistic possibility!

Next we can get scooby doo references if they don't exist and Americanize the crap out of japanese anime once and for all!! ><

Edit: In fact, if Broly turned up in the universe with the clown god he could be taught special fighting techniques that work just like the fight in that video!

------

Thinking about it, there is no way there are no old batman tv fight inspirations in this show somewhere. Has anyone spotted any?! Somewhere in the history of dragon ball it must exist!(Sorry for derailing... Maybe this could lead to a villain idea though! .... Adam West! Villain extraordinare!!)

Just to add another side note. I like to think of broly as if it were a what if about what happened if you combined batman and superman... I think it explains him perfectly. It's bruce waynes childish ass nonsense and personality combine with all of supermans might and lack of insight! >< Wait, no. It's supermans might. Goku has all of supermans lack of insight! If brolly and goku combined it would be superman!
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:55 am

Anyone would be fine to me, i don't care.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:19 am

A serious and original villain.
Zamasu was surprisingly entertaining, still the best "real " villain of Super so far. (with the exception of Freeza of course)

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:34 pm

The angels of the six erased universes, because why not :D

But yeah, it's not like a supervillain is needed to create a story in Dragonball, the ToP being the latest example.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:13 pm

Saturnine wrote:The angels of the six erased universes, because why not :D

But yeah, it's not like a supervillain is needed to create a story in Dragonball, the ToP being the latest example.
On the contrary, this arc has two identical pint-sized supervillains.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Lupin879
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lupin879 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:45 pm

A reality warper is the best
New type of power and an supreme god omnipotent

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:31 pm

Xeztin wrote:Um... may tick some people but I would not mind it being demons/Timebreaker Bardock and or Broly with rewritten past
Yeah, I've love to see a villain that expands on previous series lore. I wouldn't really want to see a Timebreaker per se, but I'd love to have a villain from the Demon realm, someone who succeeded Dabura as King, maybe his son or something. I also kinda liked Garlic Junior, when he wasn't being an idiot who opened his only weakness to win a fight. To your last idea, I've always wanted them to incorporate the movie villains into the main series narrative. I'd still like to see this to some degree, maybe with Janemba, Cooler, or Hirudegarn, No watered down remakes like Kale but the real thing.

For a completely new villain, IDK. There's not much else the 3 T's could do that I'd be interested in besides bringing back Zamasu, turning the Grand Priest evil, or having there be something off and sinister about that Future Zeno.

A real treat would be seeing Freeza return to form by usurping the Omni Kings and spreading his reign of terror to the multiverse.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-