"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:30 pm

Namz wrote:That was an anime line. At least read the manga before complaining.
Well, sorry for not remembering a throwaway line after the Champa arc, quite a year ago. Understand that my complaint is about the actual portrayal of Beerus in this recent chapter, no matter what Whis said about the other Gods, for the narrative it would be interesting to see Beerus struggling or evenly matched with someone for a change.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:42 pm

Man, the Beerus wank is so real, holy shit. Not happy with having other GoD struggle with keeping up with him.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:48 pm

A battle Royal against the gods seems pretty interesting. I wonder what the context is and if this is going to be the version of the Exhibition matches. I never expected the Exhibition matches to be a thing at all in the manga.

Though I don't really like that Beerus doesn't seems to struggle at all against multiple gods.

Man, ever since some folk pointed out that Toyo reuses poses I can't stop seeing them. I've seen that same flying rush pose several times, and that kick Vermound gives Sidra looks an awful lot like the one Zamasu gives SSJ God Vegeta. Practically the same framing and position to.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:57 pm

But we've seen GoDs fight in the anime during this arc; I don't get why this is mold breaking or better/different than the anime because of it.
If they end up not having exhibition matches, that just means the anime had more content, and gave buu a fight before dismissing him.
:clap:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:01 pm

Boo Machine wrote:Man, ever since some folk pointed out that Toyo reuses poses I can't stop seeing them. I've seen that same flying rush pose several times, and that kick Vermound gives Sidra looks an awful lot like the one Zamasu gives SSJ God Vegeta. Practically the same framing and position to.
Yeah, I've notice that too. It's starting to be become a bit of problem as well with making the fights interesting. Toyotaro really needs to spice it up when it comes to the composition of the characters in battles because it is becoming very repetitive.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:04 pm

Duo wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Duo wrote:Still no full chapter, still no translation, but the criticisms are already flying. Get serious, folks. This thread really shouldn't be treated as your verbal toilet.
Unfortunately somethings never change. No matter if it's the manga or anime thread.
I could just start using the "block" function again, but that doesn't improve the overall environment.

It seems like all of these scans must be coming from later in the chapter. If this is replacing the exhibition match, then I'm totally on board.
I am too. Having all the gods fight is friggin awesome.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Rhuagh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rhuagh » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:05 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:Man, ever since some folk pointed out that Toyo reuses poses I can't stop seeing them. I've seen that same flying rush pose several times, and that kick Vermound gives Sidra looks an awful lot like the one Zamasu gives SSJ God Vegeta. Practically the same framing and position to.
Yeah, I've notice that too. It's starting to be become a bit of problem as well with making the fights interesting. Toyotaro really needs to spice it up when it comes to the composition of the characters in battles because it is becoming very repetitive.
There will be no flight in the tournament, so by default it will be different and many of the manga "cliches" won't be possible.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:06 pm

Yomi wrote:But we've seen GoDs fight in the anime during this arc; I don't get why this is mold breaking or better/different than the anime because of it.
If they end up not having exhibition matches, that just means the anime had more content, and gave buu a fight before dismissing him.
Look at the panel in which Vermoud kicks Sidra, you can see the platforms with the Kaioushins and Angels (the one with Marcarita has Top as well) around the stage. This seems to be the exhibition matches alright.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:07 pm

Various complains about Beerus doing "too well" fighting in this chapter
You have not seen the full fight and do not know if it is even fully contained in this chapter. Wait for context, damnit.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:07 pm

Rhuagh wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
There will be no flight in the tournament, so by default it will be different and many of the manga "cliches" won't be possible.
Seeing as the no flight rule hasn't affected the anime cliches in the slightest, I highly doubt it'll be any different in the manga. People are still flying around despite not being able to fly. It'll be the same here
Also the Block feature is pointless because you still see people responding to the person you blocked

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:19 pm

Noah wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Wow, this sucks! Why have Beerus dodge the other Gods punchs like they're no big deal? Didn't Whis said the other Gods were more "agressive" than him or that was just anime line? Either way, I don't like it. As ArchedThunder said I would enjoy more see Beerus even with these guys, maybe even struggling with some of them.
lord turbo wrote:Hmmm...I liking this turn of events the manga has, better than the anime in my honest opinion.
Pardon, but "turn of events"? Please, we had Gods battlings against each other in the anime too, the only difference in this is that were more Gods fighting themselves.
Totamo wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote: The word "filler" doesn't exist in Dragon Ball Super. Just watch Hit's fight vs Dyspo and Kunshi, he used the same techniques he used on Goku.
Who told you filler doesn't exist in canon?

Who told you guys that Super is canon?
:)
Canon is subjective, we have been over this.

Namz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namz » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:22 pm

Btw anyone remembers now what Black said in Trunk's future? Something like

"Finally I found a timeline where that troublesome GoD of 7th universe is dead"

He already implied Beerus is the strongest god.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:23 pm

Duo wrote:Still no full chapter, still no translation, but the criticisms are already flying.
Yet they're the first ones to jump on people for judging episodes before they're aired.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:24 pm

Wait, are the same people complaining that we shouldn't be complaining about getting new Dragonball content in Super also complaining that we've got new Dragonball content in the Super manga?

I'm confused on what's happening here and what the problem is. Beerus dodged a couple of attacks then used a distraction to fire an attack that was completely blocked with what appears little effort. I'm confused how that means anything either way without context.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:15 pm

TheMikado wrote:Are the same people complaining that we shouldn't be complaining about getting new Dragonball content in Super also complaining that we've got new Dragonball content in the Super manga?
I nearly bit my tongue trying to say that :silent: .
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:20 pm

"Let's introduce eleven new ultra powerful characters and make them look like fools in front of this guy introduced at the beginning of the series who our main characters are catching up to."

allegedly.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:20 pm

From the scans I saw, I can say I love Vermoud's characterizon here! I had so much expectations for his character, but Toei didn't do anything interesting with him.
I love how he's surrounded by girls like a pimp and he didn't hesitate to attack Sidra, even though Sidra was helping him during the fight.

Regardless if he turns out to be a guy that cares about justice in the manga too, this is a much more interesting approach to his character. I assume Toyo likes him considering his avatar in social media. I will take this as his apologize for have ruined Goku Black and Merged Zamasu in the manga.

I will judge the rest when I read the full chapter, but seems to be far above the joke that was the previous chapter.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:25 pm

Doctor. wrote:"Let's introduce eleven new ultra powerful characters and make them look like fools in front of this guy introduced at the beginning of the series who our main characters are catching up to."

allegedly.
the full chapter isn't even out to make this statement ,hell beerus just dodged attacks left and right
Mostly active on discord.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:26 pm

The gr wrote:
Doctor. wrote:"Let's introduce eleven new ultra powerful characters and make them look like fools in front of this guy introduced at the beginning of the series who our main characters are catching up to."

allegedly.
the full chapter isn't even out to make this statement ,hell beerus just dodged attack
Doctor. wrote:allegedly.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:32 pm

Doctor. wrote:
The gr wrote:

allegedly.
the full chapter isn't even out to make this statement ,hell beerus just dodged attack
Doctor. wrote:allegedly.
oops didn't saw that,my bad.I'm digging vermoud here,he looks like a fun character in the manga,he just kicked sidra through sidra saved him,this chapter look like a lot of fun,i just like how toyo handles the god characters like hakaishin and kaioshin,i really need the full chapter right now because this is way more interesting than last month
Mostly active on discord.