New Dragon Ball game on PS3 by Dimps?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sasuke_Chidori
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sasuke_Chidori » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:47 pm

fps_anth wrote:Please, please, please release this on the 360. Seriously, if Blue Dragon came out on it, then this could as well! Hell, release it for 360 and PS3! The Japanese will jump on the PS3 version (while temporarily boosting sales for the 360 I might add), and the North Americans will jump on the 360 version. I know I will. I also know that I'm not buying a fucking PS3 just for this game...hell, I'm not getting one for several reasons :P
Just to clarify..Blue Dragon was funded by Microsoft. If it wasn't funded by Microsoft, it could have ended up as a multi platform game, or even PS3 exclusive. (Eternal Sonata is a perfect example..) With that said, it's still possible this will be ported over to the 360.
A PS3 Naruto was announced, but nothing was said about a PS3 Dragon Ball Z or even a PS3 Gundam.

Oh, I see. Hopefully DBZ(PS3) will be revealed in V-Jump later this year, or around the time Sparking Meteor was revealed..but next year of course.
PLAY B3YOND.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:04 pm

SonGokuGT wrote:Well, the models look pretty damn good in my opinion. They've done some great improvements with shading and effects throughout the years as well. Regardless, no need to be an ass about it.
Wasn't. I've just seen people claim that the PS2's been pushed to it's limits so many times I can't help but laugh anymore. The God of War games, MGS3, and SotC are the only games that came close to truly pushing the system's limits. And none of them topped it out. The came close, but they stopped short.
SonGokuGT wrote:By the way, last I heard Final Fantasy XIII was also going to Xbox 360. However, Final Fantasy Versus XIII still remains a PS3 exclusive as of this writing. Final Fantasy Agito XIII is the cell phone game.
I don't know where you get your information from by FFXIII is still a PS3 exclusive. The TGS trailer for it even ended with a big PS3 Only.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:32 pm

Resident Evil 4 pushed PS2 to it's limits, no? It couldn't compare to the GC version (graphics wise), and it had long loading times. I guess that would be considered pushing a system to its limits.

So, how bout them Dragon Balls...

Detective X
Beyond Newbie

Post by Detective X » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:02 pm

Goddammit, Sony. A year ago I was sure as hell not going to get a PS3.

MGS4 is looking to be PS3-exclusive (at least long enough to kill me if I don't get a PS3). And now you're telling me Dimps is going to do ANOTHER DBZ console game (meaning nothing watered down like Shin Budokai) AND it's for the PS3? Dammit.

And I so wanted a 360 to accompany my Wii.
We Gotta Podcast: https://www.youtube.com/@wegottapod

Toniofalcon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Toniofalcon » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:05 pm

We need more information about next gent Dragon Ball games in general. There's more cash to be made :D

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:36 pm

Xyex wrote:
SonGokuGT wrote:Well, the models look pretty damn good in my opinion. They've done some great improvements with shading and effects throughout the years as well. Regardless, no need to be an ass about it.
Wasn't. I've just seen people claim that the PS2's been pushed to it's limits so many times I can't help but laugh anymore. The God of War games, MGS3, and SotC are the only games that came close to truly pushing the system's limits. And none of them topped it out. The came close, but they stopped short.
SonGokuGT wrote:By the way, last I heard Final Fantasy XIII was also going to Xbox 360. However, Final Fantasy Versus XIII still remains a PS3 exclusive as of this writing. Final Fantasy Agito XIII is the cell phone game.
I don't know where you get your information from by FFXIII is still a PS3 exclusive. The TGS trailer for it even ended with a big PS3 Only.
That post was WAY before TGS, when all the sites were posting news about FFXIII on 360. But NOW we know both FFXIII and Versus XIII are PS3 exclusive for sure!