"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The gr
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by The gr » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:07 pm

RedHeat wrote:
The gr wrote:
perucho1990 wrote: Everyone knows that Toriyama is a legend but this year he doesnt put much effort and of course he isnt as good as he was in the 80s and 90s, that happens to every legend world wide.

The worst about Super fans is probably the ones that defend the manga, because they assume and claim its like JoJo or Hunter x Hunter.
Sorry but your claims are just ridicolous,the manga has been shitted on since chapter 19,no one here claim this to be the best thing since slice bread or compared it quality of HXH and jojo
I can confirm the bolded part personally.
So you agree with me,because is been a mixed bag for kanzenshuu since the first trip to the future,those day of praising it are over well to be frank it also recieved a critical backlash in chapter 10 and 13,it honestly felt everyone in kanzenshuu had a meltdown in twitter when ssg return
HeroR wrote: Chapter 13 actually.
Yeah i mention that above my post,even chapter 10 had some negative reaction as well
    Ok lets talk about the special,i dont think no one will be eleminated here,they can't throw ribrianne like that,is too soon
    Mostly active on discord.

HeroR
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:26 pm

The gr wrote:
    RedHeat wrote:
    The gr wrote: Sorry but your claims are just ridicolous,the manga has been shitted on since chapter 19,no one here claim this to be the best thing since slice bread or compared it quality of HXH and jojo
    I can confirm the bolded part personally.
    So you agree with me,because is been a mixed bag for kanzenshuu since the first trip to the future,those day of praising it are over well to be frank it also recieved a critical backlash in chapter 10 and 13,it honestly felt everyone in kanzenshuu had a meltdown in twitter when ssg return
    HeroR wrote: Chapter 13 actually.
    Yeah i mention that above my post,even chapter 10 had some negative reaction as well
      Ok lets talk about the special,i dont think no one will be eleminated here,they can't throw ribrianne like that,is too soon
      I don't remember any blacklash for Chapter 10. That would Magette's fight right?
      Kanassa wrote:
      precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
      Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

The gr
      I Live Here

Post by The gr » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:32 pm

HeroR wrote:[
      I don't remember any blacklash for Chapter 10. That would Magette's fight right?
      No is goku vs frost,the reaction wasn't as big as the other chapter still it recived criticism for the figth being too long and piccolo threatment
      Mostly active on discord.

TheOne
      OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:47 pm

I'm surprised that so many people dislike the manga. In a lot of ways it feels more like dragon ball than the anime.

Never said it was perfect, but It does seem to be a lot more thought out than the anime.

Toei has shown that they really don't care about anything established in the past. They'd rather do their own thing. My biggest issue being making Trunks hair blue. Regardless of how it originally started out as, over the last 20 plus years it's been purple in the anime. Why In the world would they change it to blue, knowing that he's a purple haired icon? They even had the audacity to show flashbacks with Trunks having purple hair, AND having Bluma asking Kid Trunks if the boy in the time machine had blue hair as if the last time we saw him it was blue.. Just clear cut things like this that show they don't care really makes you question what they're doing over there. It's a money grab. I'm curious what Toriyamas involvement in that was.

I don't get that feeling when reading the manga. At least not as often.
      How i predict the tournament will end:

HeroR
      Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:51 pm

TheOne wrote:I'm surprised that so many people dislike the manga. In a lot of ways it feels more like dragon ball than the anime.

Never said it was perfect, but It does seem to be a lot more thought out than the anime.

Toei has shown that they really don't care about anything established in the past. They'd rather do their own thing. My biggest issue being making Trunks hair blue. Regardless of how it originally started out as, over the last 20 plus years it's been purple in the anime. Why In the world would they change it to blue, knowing that he's a purple haired icon? They even had the audacity to show flashbacks with Trunks having purple hair, AND having Bluma asking Kid Trunks if the boy in the time machine had blue hair as if the last time we saw him it was blue.. Just clear cut things like this that show they don't care really makes you question what they're doing over there. It's a money grab. I'm curious what Toriyamas involvement in that was.

Not necessarily a good thing since it highlight the flaws the original manga had.

And 'Toei has shown that they really don't care about anything established in the past', is just factually wrong. And the Super manga also made Trunks' hair blue despite it being purple in the original manga like the anime. Toiryama even drew the original sketch of Future Trunks, with blue hair. You can find it on this very site. All the manga and anime did was used his color scheme instead of changing it like they did for Battle of Gods when Toriyama made Kid Trunks' hair blue.

I also find it funny that fans have issue with Future Trunks' blue hair, yet said crap when Bulma's hair color was changed in the Battle of Gods movie (Toriyama drew her with blue hair) when her hair was purple in the manga and aqua-green in the anime. Toriyama even freely admitted in several interviews that he doesn't give a damn about hair color.
      Kanassa wrote:
      precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
      Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Sandubadear
      I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:42 pm

On unrelated news, Toei finally updated the tournament participants in the character list

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/dragon_s/ ... index.html

Damon's pic is not showing in the page, but it's already uploaded:
      [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
      "The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
      --by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
      Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Kishido
      Banned

Post by Kishido » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:56 pm

Sandubadear wrote:On unrelated news, Toei finally updated the tournament participants in the character list

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/dragon_s/ ... index.html

Damon's pic is not showing in the page, but it's already uploaded:
      [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
      Da guy not even his GoD can defeat <333

Still want to see more of his twin as well

TheMikado
      I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:06 pm

HeroR wrote:
      TheOne wrote:I'm surprised that so many people dislike the manga. In a lot of ways it feels more like dragon ball than the anime.

Not necessarily a good thing since it highlight the flaws the original manga had.

And 'Toei has shown that they really don't care about anything established in the past', is just factually wrong. And the Super manga also made Trunks' hair blue despite it being purple in the original manga like the anime. Toiryama even drew the original sketch of Future Trunks, with blue hair. You can find it on this very site. All the manga and anime did was used his color scheme instead of changing it like they did for Battle of Gods when Toriyama made Kid Trunks' hair blue.

I also find it funny that fans have issue with Future Trunks' blue hair, yet said crap when Bulma's hair color was changed in the Battle of Gods movie (Toriyama drew her with blue hair) when her hair was purple in the manga and aqua-green in the anime. Toriyama even freely admitted in several interviews that he doesn't give a damn about hair color.
      I don’t think people have a real narrative issue with Trunks hair color beyond it being an unnecessary and generally dumb change. Most people don’t care too much about Bulmas hair color either, that’s kind of the one of the least important details that fans may not like and I’ve never heard anyone use that as a complaint for the over all quality of the show or claimed to drop the show due to the Trunks color change.

Lord Frieza
      I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:09 pm

Damom looks so sinisterly cute, I want him as a pet.
      Sandubadear wrote: [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
      I'll enjoy reading all the character bios, I've waited long enought lol!
      Last edited by Lord Frieza on Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

namekiansaiyan
      I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:10 pm

Everyone is on there apart from the Namekians, Bugs, Maji=Kayo, Monna and Shantsa but the fighters who have not had a proper fight generally have no description.

goku the krump dancer
      I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:15 pm

This may have been brought up before.. and its not the biggest deal. It may be a coincidence but it seems like "Mastery of Movement" and all the build to it at least on a cosmetic basis shares a lot of similarities between that and the Satsui No Hadou. The very first promotional poster of Goku in this "state" is pretty much a call to the classic Akuma/Evil Ryu pose. To a degree the concept behind it as well. Its not so much about it being a transformation than it is a state of being. When Ryu gives in to the evil power, yeah he "transforms" but not so much that he's completely unrecgonizable but his state of being changes. From what we know of this state for Goku its kinda the same thing, while no its not a dark influence, its mostly probably a combination of a few Godly and Mortal influences that kinda "forces" Goku to transform against his will. Ryu doesnt become "evil" by choices its something that just happens and he has to learn to tap into it (or not) by choice. I feel it'll be the same for Goku. duh

I mean I guess the same could be Said about "Super Saiyan" and all of its incarnations but I feel this is just a little bit different.
      It's not too late. One day, it will be.
      Peace And Power MF DOOM!
      Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Lord Frieza
      I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:28 pm

Goodness, I stuck up for U10 befor we started as I though they might have had some chance but looking at them all post it all.....

I have always disagreed with the idea that the designs of the fighters was lazy, I love them all but U10's.... most of them are basically human with different colour skin with mildly exagurated features....yeah they were doomed.

Noah
      Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:28 pm

Sandubadear wrote:Damon's pic is not showing in the page, but it's already uploaded:
      [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
      Can't wait to see this guy curbstomp Jiren :)
      乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

BlueVegerot
      Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:37 pm

Jiren bio says he straight up rivals God/Gods of Destructions. Probably he is as strong as Belmod

Jigurashi
      Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:52 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:Jiren bio says he straight up rivals God/Gods of Destructions. Probably he is as strong as Belmod
      Lol this certainly was out of the blue. Though I'm wondering. Does the translation mean his abilities are on par with a GoD, or is he actually in the realm of their power?

Kanassa
      Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:54 pm

I don't remember seeing 'Katopesra' of universe 3, though he sounds notable enough with him being the 'Policeman to defend the third universe. The buckle of the belt glows and changes to various modes.'
      When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
      FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
      - FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

BlueVegerot
      Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:56 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
      BlueVegerot wrote:Jiren bio says he straight up rivals God/Gods of Destructions. Probably he is as strong as Belmod
      Lol this certainly was out of the blue. Though I'm wondering. Does the translation mean his abilities are on par with a GoD, or is he actually in the realm of their power?
      It was translated as "his true power is said to be at the level of god/gods of destruction"

Jigurashi
      Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:00 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:
      Jigurashi wrote:
      It was translated as "his true power is said to be at the level of god/gods of destruction"
      I see. Well if that's the case, there's really no discussion there then. Jiren really is a strong motherfucker.

Lord Frieza
      I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:04 pm

Noah wrote:
      Sandubadear wrote:Damon's pic is not showing in the page, but it's already uploaded:
      [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
      Can't wait to see this guy curbstomp Jiren :)
      However it plays out i just hope its not like this....

BlueVegerot
      Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:04 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
      BlueVegerot wrote:
      Jigurashi wrote: Lol this certainly was out of the blue. Though I'm wondering. Does the translation mean his abilities are on par with a GoD, or is he actually in the realm of their power?
      I see. Well if that's the case, there's really no discussion there then. Jiren really is a strong motherfucker.
      Imagine being Goku. You fight this guy Toppo who is around SSB level. You know you can stack KKx20 on top of it so even when he says his friend is stronger, no way you think the guy is THAT much stronger.