Complete BT3 Info and Discussion Thread [UPDATED 10/02/07]

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:28 pm

TheMajinRedComet wrote:anyone notice that Goku's movie 3 spirit bomb did 999999.
Must've done that damage only specificly for this fight in the story.

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:41 pm

Agreed, but I really do like that early Goku uses the small spirit bomb.
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:10 pm

fps_anth wrote:
Adey wrote:
and Cell's "Chikusho...chikusho!" left me thinking "Are they on tranquilizers?"

Holy crap that was bit was TERRIBLE. At first I thought it was a different but similar sounding person doing Cell's voice, but then I was convinced it was definately the original.

However, after hearing that line...I'm really disappointed in the delivery, there's no emotion at all.
Seriously. That sounded like garbage. I can do a better job! :lol:

In the show, that line gave me goosebumps. The last "chikusho" was stressed for atleast 5 seconds. Dissapointing.

Also, from listening to these videos, the music doesn't sound as "midi-fied" as it was in the previous two games. Did anyone else notice this, or is Youtube just fucking with me?
Garbage, indeed. And no, I don't think YouTube's fucking you up, the music definitely sounds better.
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:12 pm

Holy crap, people bitching about the japanese voice acting being bad for a change!?

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:20 pm

I can't believe how awesome those new videos look! If that's really how the story mode will work, it's truly going to be the best Dragonball game ever made! :D

And people actually bitching about the Japanese voices? Hell has finally frozen over. :shock:
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:34 pm

Demi wrote:Holy crap, people bitching about the japanese voice acting being bad for a change!?
Hell's yeah! I'm shocked at myself too, but Cell's voice is just too unique for any other way of execution! I don't mind different seiyus, but the execution has got to be much closer than the video. Actually, any roles done by Wakamoto (I'm a huge fan) are too precise that the same voice and technique are pretty much required if one's going to imitate it. (Kingdom Hearts II, anybody?)
Conan the SSJ wrote:I thought the Japanese music was being included, just not with any lyrics?
I remember that was from a pretty early interview involving both Namco Bandai and Donny Clay. I can't quote them right now, but they said something about the song not having lyrics, along with remixed version of the Japanese music. Now, you can approach this in one of two ways: Firstly, we're actually getting some anime music. Secondly, they're going to give us the remixed version of the music from "Budokai Tenkaichi 2". Many sources point out (I'm not so sure myself) that Kenji Yamamoto was the one who composed our semi-random BT2 BGM's, which indicates that BT2 BGM's are technically Japanese music. So based on this hypothesis, you may have a third way to approach, theorizing that we're getting both the Japanese music and the anime music. Just in case we're getting the semi-random music again, you should pretty much have an idea what it's going to sound like, as hinted from 5:23 to 6:24 of the 8 -minute trailer.

If we're getting something original again (gnawing my teeth), I just hope that Yamamoto would put more effort for us "foreign" fanboys.
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:15 pm

What I want to know is how didn't the person playing get a hold of the game this early? Doesn't it come out on Thursday?
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:26 pm

Demi wrote:Holy crap, people bitching about the japanese voice acting being bad for a change!?
Haha, it's weird, yes. But that delivery was really crappy. It's like he forgot how to deliver the line after all these years. But seriously, how can you forget screaming a word for atleast 5 seconds at the top of your lungs? I'd pop a god damn vein!

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:28 pm

Looks good. However the only thing I don't like are the breaks when they are talking to each other. They just stand there breathing heavily while the camera keeps changing angles to try and make it look dramatic. There should be more movements during these breaks, not just "huff huff huff".
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

Adey
Beyond Newbie

Post by Adey » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:36 pm

Humpski wrote:Looks good. However the only thing I don't like are the breaks when they are talking to each other. They just stand there breathing heavily while the camera keeps changing angles to try and make it look dramatic. There should be more movements during these breaks, not just "huff huff huff".
Agreed, Goku making a 2 minute speech in the same pose is just kind of lame.

I also noticed that Tullece was vaporised by that Spirit Bomb, and wasn't visible after Goku's victory until the "cut-scene" if you will showed him drop to the floor. I don't know why they just didn't leave it at Tullece being obliterated.

Drunken Master
Regular

Post by Drunken Master » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:47 pm

Does Freeza have a multiple death beam? The sound effects, hits, and the way Goku got hit makes me think that.
AKA [b]Pope Blitzkrieg XVI[/b], [b]Mr. Shades-Internet McCool[/b]

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:18 pm

Nobody made any discussion of the all-new, never before seen character?

http://dbzs.jp/meteor/p_characters/15_t ... yborg.html

We have Tambourine Cyborg! Fuck yeah!

8)

Now that is a weird mistake o.O
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:34 pm

Hell, I always see people bitching about how Goku's Japanese voice is performed by a woman. Of course, these people are generally not fans of the Japanese version at all, so that's probably not the kind of thing you were thinking of.
The S wrote:Nobody made any discussion of the all-new, never before seen character?

http://dbzs.jp/meteor/p_characters/15_t ... yborg.html

We have Tambourine Cyborg! Fuck yeah!

8)

Now that is a weird mistake o.O
That is pretty weird. They did get the name right in the Japanese heading though, they just screwed up the English.

...Now I kinda want to see what a Cyborg Tambourine would look like...

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:35 pm

Regular Tao Pai Pai's expression. XD
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:48 pm

Humpski wrote:Looks good. However the only thing I don't like are the breaks when they are talking to each other. They just stand there breathing heavily while the camera keeps changing angles to try and make it look dramatic. There should be more movements during these breaks, not just "huff huff huff".
Eh, it's not too bad. After all, you don't have to watch those scenes if you don't want to. You need to trigger them.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

HyperBlaze
Not-So-Newbie

Post by HyperBlaze » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:42 am

Aukon07 wrote:New video I found of the first stages of the Saiyan Saga from the new game.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=z-v6bWJrCbM
WOW! :shock:
I must say that the Radditz fight never looked so good/fun in a game before!

The overall story mode looks seemless, quick, and really deep and involving and not to mention that the CPU difficulty is "FAR MORE SMART & CHALLENGING!" :wink: Utilizing the games battle system features more than jus' being life-less shells (more so in BT1 and less in BT2) ! :wink: So kick ass!

I can't believe it slipped past me or anyone else :shock: but when did they put what I call "Hard Clash" where the two fighters are speeding around the arena and clashing with each other canceling their blows causing those massive shockwaves it's been on mind for so long and they finally noticed that it was one of the coolest perks of DBZ and put it in! YES! :D

This is it ya'll, the DBZ wet dream!!! :lol:

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:57 am

Not until it has Gurumes, Lucifer, and Cyborg Cooler. ;)
Trunks & Goten forever

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:11 am

Wow, the Sparkling Site got great pictures again and the story mode rocks. Brickwall Raditz to make it hard for us, awesome Small Spirit Bomb. The dodging rocks as well! It is hard to believe that that small Spirit Bomb vaporised Turles. Man, one Goku with a Big Spirit Bomb would be better.
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

kaioken12
Beyond Newbie

Post by kaioken12 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:35 am

Adey wrote: I also noticed that Tullece was vaporised by that Spirit Bomb, and wasn't visible after Goku's victory until the "cut-scene" if you will showed him drop to the floor. I don't know why they just didn't leave it at Tullece being obliterated.
Isn't this just like in BT2 where between the fight these "normal" cutscenes with just the characters talking (+ text boxes)?
There were always the normal characters either talking or down on the ground.

I think, they left the principal here if I am correct :/

But yeah, they could just let him be vaporized generally spoken. (I'd like that better ^^)

Adey
Beyond Newbie

Post by Adey » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:08 am

kaioken12 wrote:
Adey wrote: I also noticed that Tullece was vaporised by that Spirit Bomb, and wasn't visible after Goku's victory until the "cut-scene" if you will showed him drop to the floor. I don't know why they just didn't leave it at Tullece being obliterated.
Isn't this just like in BT2 where between the fight these "normal" cutscenes with just the characters talking (+ text boxes)?
There were always the normal characters either talking or down on the ground.

I think, they left the principal here if I am correct :/

But yeah, they could just let him be vaporized generally spoken. (I'd like that better ^^)
Yeah, but in this game it's a bit better, but since Tullece got erased from existance it's weird to see him just pop up again and fall to his knees then flat on his face :)

They could have just not put him in there and Goku could have still give his speech that he did at the end without Tullece lying dead in front of him.