Super Episode 112 (22 October 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Generico Garbagio
Beyond Newbie

Re: Super Episode 112 (22 October 2017)

Post by Generico Garbagio » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:13 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Cherry on top was when Vegeta literally got triggered when Toppo called Vegeta "second".
Toppo pushed the Goku button... Let's see what happens!

If you did read it please tell me how.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:15 pm

I love all the typical Vegeta bashing from the usual suspects in here. It gets so old.

Vegeta was awesome in this episode. So he’s a little arrogant big deal. The fact that he said he was going to wish back Cabba’s Universe shows his heart is firmly in the right place.

And Goku unlike some of the fandom completely gets Vegeta! And yes there is nothing wrong to be second when it’s to Goku. I have no problem with Toppo’s words. ;)

Anyways I think Cabba getting ringed out in this episode is kind of dumb but ah well. Freeza was cool so I’ll forgive it. Freeza pretty much confirmed he’s still a villain with what his wish is and I prefer evil Freeza so I am happy with this turn of events.

Also all the original Universe 6 characters are now ringed out.

The other interesting thing is this episode confirmed that several fighters can be left in the end so we don’t know if there is going to be an ultimate winner.

And yay they mentioned Planet Sadala again. Don’t forget your promise and make that the next arc. :)

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:17 pm

Kinokima wrote:I love all the typical Vegeta bashing from the usual suspects in here. It gets so old.

Vegeta was awesome in this episode. So he’s a little arrogant big deal. The fact that he said he was going to wish back Cabba’s Universe shows his heart is firmly in the right place.

And Goku unlike some of the fandom completely gets Vegeta!

Anyways I think Cabba getting ringed out in this episode is kind of dumb but ah well. Freeza was cool so I’ll forgive it. Freeza pretty much confirmed he’s still a villain with what his wish is and I prefer evil Freeza so I am happy with this turn of events.

The other interesting thing is this episode confirmed that several fighters can be left in the end so we don’t know if there is going to be an ultimate winner.

And yay they mentioned Planet Sadala again. Don’t forget your promise and make that the next arc. :)
My favourite thing about Vegeta is his reactions to everything so I was always going to enjoy that Toppo line.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:19 pm

Also, I quite enjoyed the brief scene of Gohan/Piccolo vs. Universe 6 Namekians.

Gohan saying that Goku would be fine and that they should focus was kinda a neat change of pace.

I liked that both pairs are fighting while having each others' backs... Gohan blocking, allowing for Piccolo to get in a good shot, which was severed by the recipient's partner.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:23 pm

LightBing wrote:That Galick Gun from Cabba made me role my eyes I guess he learn it from watching Vegeta do it at the U6 tournament(he did it right?), nothing unusual there I just don't like being with in the head "CABBA'S VEGETA'S DISCIPLE SEE HE EVEN HAS THE GALICK GUN!".
Cabba already had the Galick Gun when he fought Vegeta back in the Champa Arc, but of course he might have just instantly copied Vegeta from the Magetta battle.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:26 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Yeah Vegeta, you definitely haven't delusionally peaked by thinking you can beat Jiren.
He definitely is getting worse. It just makes the scene when he gets his usual beatdown even better than usual. He is probably going to struggle against Toppo anyway.
Please! It definitely feels like Toei intentionally trolled Vegeta fanboys with that burn from Toppo, which shows that they intend to embarrass him and make him look like a joke against Toppo. I can't wait for the beatdown! :D Vegeta isn't even #2! That's Frieza haha!

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:27 pm

Toppo saying, "Aren't you also second fiddle?" to Vegeta has got to be one of the top 10 funniest lines in Super. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Holy shit, I burst out laughing. Why aren't more people praising that line? Toppo is a genius! I ROFL AND LMAO!

In all seriousness though, that was "fall out of your chair laughing" material.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:30 pm

This episode was not the best toshio episode nevertheless thank you for an enjoyable episode
    Cabba is still dull and they re thread the u6 like LightBing mention still it did a good job building this moment with vegeta and cabba interaction icing the cake and i loved frieza interaction with him,his lines are amazing and is simply the best character in the TOP so far.
      This episode really felt like a battle royale with the robots targeting goku,the cool bout of gohan and piccolo vs the namekians and vegeta vs toppo which toppo roasted him,he is awesome and he don't need to yell justice a lot to be a fun character.
        Super is on a streak of amazing episode so keep it up
        Mostly active on discord.

Lord Beerus
        Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:31 pm

Very good episode. Not as good as last week, but a quite solid entry in its own regard.

- I have to legit start questioning whether Zeno has an IQ in double digits or just forgets shit constantly, because how on Earth can he not know what will happen when the time limit for the Tournament Of Power expires. Zeno organised this entire tournament. How he can he forget his own rules and stipulations? Ugh.

- I have to commend the robots of Universe 3 of being smart enough to attack Goku while he was still recovering his stamina and strength. Nice to know there are still some savvy fighters left.

- The continue to blueball us with the Namekians from Universe 6, and it's starting to annoy the hell out of me. Just give these guys an episode to themselves already.

- I continue love Caulifa more and more she appear. She just oozes charisma with how confident and commanding she is. And her realising just how she is (A Saiyan) after watching Goku and Jiren battle and believing she can still get much, much stronger was a really nice moment. I've said this before but Caulilfa really does feel like a like a hybrid of Kid Goku and Post Majin Boo arc Vegeta, with how enthusiastic, energetic and zealous she is towards scenarios as well as how how self-assured, cocky and bold she is. Her personality is really well balanced.

- Vegeta was really well written in this episode. He provided Cabba with an added incentive to keep on fighting that referenced to an earlier conversation about Planet Sadala between the two of them all the way back to the Champa arc. That was a really nice callback and I'm glad it played into not only such a cool moment for Cabba later, but also showed how much Vegeta's character has evolved with how he made the promise to use the Super Dragon Balls to resurrect Universe 6 should he win the Tournament Of Power. Very nice touch. Fingers crossed that moment segues into bringing back all the erased universes when the tournament ends.

- Cabba becoming a SSJ2 and defeating Monna was awesome.

- Vados telling Champa how he told Cabba to run while he celebrating Cabba eliminating Monna, causing him to stop celebrating, was hilarious.

- Vegeta and Toppo's banter was fucking savage. They were throwing shades at eachother like no man's business:
        Toppo: "Fight with me!"
        Vegeta: "I'm not interested in the second fiddle."
        Toppo: "Aren't you the second fiddle too?"
        :lol: :clap:

- Freeza, once again, was the once scene wonder. The reminder of how he loves strong opponent but all the while loathes Saiyans just captures the perfect striking balance of Freeza's villainous character. Not to mention this episode made his goal crystal clear, if wasn't already: He wants to win the Tournament Of Power and use the Super Dragon Balls to control the Gods, so he can rule over everyone and everything.

- I enjoyed how Cabba didn't run away and was defiant to the end when Golden Freeza had him on the ropes and he was out of energy. What can I say? I'm a hug sucker for the underdog who doesn't know when to quit.
        Last edited by Lord Beerus on Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaiosama
        Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:32 pm

Kinokima wrote:I love all the typical Vegeta bashing from the usual suspects in here. It gets so old.

And Goku unlike some of the fandom completely gets Vegeta! And yes there is nothing wrong to be second when it’s to Goku. I have no problem with Toppo’s words. ;)

Maybe it's because Vegeta has regressed as a character and has been running his delusional mouth all tournament. Sorry Vegeta, Goku-sama will always be #1 and Toryiama-sensei is going to put you back in your place haha! :D It's going to make the Toryiama esque beatdown that much more epic.

Kinokima
        I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:32 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote: My favourite thing about Vegeta is his reactions to everything so I was always going to enjoy that Toppo line.
        I thought the line was amusing too but

Vegeta was hardly destroyed at all. At most he was a little annoyed lol

But Dragonball fans exaggerate to bash a character...never!

Kaiosama
        Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:34 pm

Kinokima wrote:
        namekiansaiyan wrote: My favourite thing about Vegeta is his reactions to everything so I was always going to enjoy that Toppo line.
        I thought the line was amusing too but

Vegeta was hardly destroyed at all. At most he was a little annoyed lol

But Dragonball fans exaggerate to bash a character...never!
        It was a clear message from the head brass to remind Vegeta fans that Goku will always be #1 and this is his arc.

SSKC

Post by SSKC » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:38 pm

This episode confirmed that Vegeta has surpassed SSB imo.

It just doesn't make sense for him to challenge Jiren seeing how Goku failed in SSB and SSBKK, unless he has surpassed that level. It's been speculated for a while, but at this point I'd be shocked if he doesn't show a new transformation during this arc. I think he's going to defeat Toppo, leading to Jiren breaking from his meditation, Jiren and Vegeta will fight, with Vegeta introducing his new form and then eventually losing. After that Goku will be ready to fight a slightly worn down Jiren and defeat/stall him with UI.

The gr
        I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:39 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
        - I continue love Caulifa more and more she appear. She just oozes charisma with how confident and commanding she is. And her realising just how she is (A Saiyan) after watching Goku and Jiren battle and believing she can still get much, much stronger was a really nice moment. I've said this before but Caulilfa really does feel like a like a hybrid of Kid Goku and Post Majin Boo arc Vegeta, with how enthusiastic, energetic and zealous she is towards scenarios as well as how how self-assured, cocky and bold she is. Her personality is really well balanced.
        lord beerus posting his opinion on the episode this soon :?: I agree in spite of my issue with her character she is still a fun character and feels like a saiyan can't say the same for kale,they better not overuse the broly homage next week
        Mostly active on discord.

Kinokima
        I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:40 pm

Kaiosama wrote:

Maybe it's because Vegeta has regressed as a character and has been running his delusional mouth all tournament. Sorry Vegeta, Goku-sama will always be #1 and Toryiama-sensei is going to put you back in your place haha! :D It's going to make the Toryiama esque beatdown that much more epic.

Thank you for setting me straight! Vegeta says he is going to be the one to win the tournament. The horrors how dare he say that. Clearly he has regressed as character because he wants to win & fight strong opponents. Oh and the first character to say he was going to wish back another Universe. What an awful & selfish monster that Vegeta is.

FortuneSSJ
        Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:47 pm

Great episode. Better than the last one.

Caulifla keeps being the best girl and her voice actor is so perfect!! Kale is a lucky one for having such a good friend always on her side.

Vegeta senpai > Tsundere Vegeta.

Cabba vs Monna was cool.
        Cabba SSJ2 transformation was cool, but they couldn't make him more anorexic if they tried. There was some shots of SSJ2 Cabba that reminded me of SSJ2 Gohan.

Everytime Cabba unlocks a new form, he gets eliminated afterwards though and that's sad.

Toppo destroyed Vegeta and his fanboys. It felt like a line that came straight out from Toriyama. :lol:

-Next episode-

Caulifla (best female character) vs Goku (best male character). It will be fun.
        Despiste the ages difference, those two are a more perfect combo than GokuxChichi ever was.
        A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

TheOne
        OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:49 pm

Loved Cabba in this episode! Glad he finally got SSJ2. Vegeta was awesome this episode.

surprised Frieza decided to go Golden for him. I take that as a compliment to Cabba!

Not sure how to take the whole "second fiddle" from Toppo. For some reason I thought Frieza was number 2. Does this mean that all 3 are relatively close in strength when Goku isn't SSBKK?

The biggest wtf moment in this episode was the preview. Goku is recovering energy but wants to show them the most strenuous transformation he has? Maybe he won't actually be able to since he will struggle to go SSJ.
        How i predict the tournament will end:

omaro34
        I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:52 pm

Toppo's line to Vegeta hurt the pride. Vegeta got pissed because he had a flashback to when Goku told Vegeta he was far him in the Cell Arc at the lookout.

Glad the Namekians weren't eliminated this episode like so many people predicted. I still believe they will have their own episode.

Cabba getting shafted in favour of the Saiyan girls is not surprising at all. Kale is a dark house and will go berserk after she sees Caulifla get eliminated eventually.

So Freeza's plan is to seize the super dragonballs to control the Gods? Lol good luck with that. I love Freeza's sneaky ways this arc. He's grown on me after I complained about his return and Buu getting shafted.

Not looking forward really for next week. We've already had an episode where Goku and Caulifla go at it. But we'll see.
        "Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Hakaishin Liquir
        Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:53 pm

SSKC wrote:This episode confirmed that Vegeta has surpassed SSB imo.

It just doesn't make sense for him to challenge Jiren seeing how Goku failed in SSB and SSBKK, unless he has surpassed that level. It's been speculated for a while, but at this point I'd be shocked if he doesn't show a new transformation during this arc. I think he's going to defeat Toppo, leading to Jiren breaking from his meditation, Jiren and Vegeta will fight, with Vegeta introducing his new form and then eventually losing. After that Goku will be ready to fight a slightly worn down Jiren and defeat/stall him with UI.
        Vegeta's just being overconfident. Earlier in the tournament he tried to take Hit on with just SSJ.

Nero<>Akira
        Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:59 pm

Great episode. Hope next one is great. Just hope Caulifla doesn't get SSJ3 but i doubt it since the episode right after the next is supposed to have Kale help Caulifla so she must be losing.

People really need to stop this "Vegeta regressed". Getting old as hell to be honest. Vegeta is an asshole. That will never change. Just like Goku is childish and naive. Vegeta likes to fight and win. That will also never change. Do people think that Vegeta admitting Goku was generally better than him somehow means he can't want to win and can't be an asshole? lol It's been shown since ep 2 that just because he knows Goku is better doesn't mean he's gonna settle and not want to become stronger than he currently was and get to his level. It gave him something to keep striving for. It's friendly competition. He holds no ill will towards him even though he wants to be the best. And Vegeta is confident in fighting Jiren. That doesn't mean he is delusional. He's watched him fight. He's sensed his power. And still wants to fight him. That OBVIOUSLY means he has some hidden strength. He wasn't fazed at all in his fight with Goku and wasn't even losing his shit nor irritated at UI. he was intrigued and STILL confident in his ability to fight with whatever strength he may have. Hope to see a good fight between Toppo and him and hopefully all this teasing isn't for nothing. I doubt he'll win in this tournament, but i'm sure he'll eventually go out with a bang.
        Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).