Super Episode 112 (22 October 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Super Episode 112 (22 October 2017)

Post by gofishus » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:52 pm

Cabba got his SSJ1 from Vegeta taunting him and SSj2 from again another fighter taunting him - the release of anger that is the traditional way of turning SSJ.
Caulifla on the other hand - tingles her back to get SSJ1 and gets SSJ2 in mid air while doing nothing.. no wonder people think she's too much of a mary sue character.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:57 pm

precita wrote:It's pretty obvious Vegeta implied he would revive all of Universe 6, not just the Saiyans. I mean c'mon, what is he going to do? Ask for one planet to be revived in a void of nothingness?
Maybe revived and moved to U7.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:58 pm

maybe they will reveal there is a difference between male and female SSJ transformations.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:59 pm

gofishus wrote:Cabba got his SSJ1 from Vegeta taunting him and SSj2 from again another fighter taunting him - the release of anger that is the traditional way of turning SSJ.
Caulifla on the other hand - tingles her back to get SSJ1 and gets SSJ2 in mid air while doing nothing.. no wonder people think she's too much of a mary sue character.
She was blocking an energy attack from Berserk Kale. She was far from doing nothing.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:00 am

SSKC wrote:This episode confirmed that Vegeta has surpassed SSB imo.

It just doesn't make sense for him to challenge Jiren seeing how Goku failed in SSB and SSBKK, unless he has surpassed that level. It's been speculated for a while, but at this point I'd be shocked if he doesn't show a new transformation during this arc. I think he's going to defeat Toppo, leading to Jiren breaking from his meditation, Jiren and Vegeta will fight, with Vegeta introducing his new form and then eventually losing. After that Goku will be ready to fight a slightly worn down Jiren and defeat/stall him with UI.
Yeah sure because Vegeta never overestimated himself before.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:05 am

Jigurashi wrote:Why would he still be there? I don't think they ever crossed off Kuririn from the list either.
I'm pretty sure he was. Some think what got kicked out was a copy which could be true or the animators forgot to take him off the list.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:08 am

Hm, now the neogaf has been wiped off the face of the earth I wonder if all the users from the Dragonball Super thread will come here.

Funny that it happened the night a new Super ep aired.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:09 am

gofishus wrote:Cabba got his SSJ1 from Vegeta taunting him and SSj2 from again another fighter taunting him - the release of anger that is the traditional way of turning SSJ. Caulifla on the other hand - tingles her back to get SSJ1 and gets SSJ2 in mid air while doing nothing... no wonder people think she's too much of a mary sue character.
Exactly! But I'll hope to see not the same with SSJ3... I mean seeing Caulifla unlocking transformations by lame excuses is already bad, can we imagine her getting SSJ3 through rage or due being very 'excited' or some non sense like that? Don't do that to us Toei!
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

MegaBossMan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MegaBossMan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:10 am

Every single character that appeared in this episode was written perfectly. It's just going to puzzle me seeing people vehemently hate Caulifla after this episode, but frankly it's expected at this point. Regardless, I'm hoping in the future that if there's another Ribrianne-centric episode, Toshio gets to try his hand at the character. He does a really superb job with fleshing out and having fun with characters, which is something RiBrianne needs after the poor showing she's been giving in the Tournament.

If there's one negative, there's going to be an awful lot of kinky fan-artwork done with the Universe 4 fighter :sick:
By jove, I've got nothing important to say!

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:11 am

Pretty good episode I suppose, although a very slow and boring first half. The writing for both Cabba and Champa is really confusing me. Champa is now all of a sudden doing a complete 180 on his character? Why couldn't he have been like this to begin with? AKA how he last acted during the end of the U6 tournament where he was still a bit of a dick but thankful for Beerus.

And now Cabba. What the fuck are they doing with this character? The second he gets any kind of character development, and unlocks SSJ2, he gets knocked out of the ring 2 minutes later. Why? Just why?

NEP seems interesting but... Goku wants to show them Super Saiyan 3? NOW!? When he has barely any stamina left, now is when he decides to go SSJ3? Writers, what the fuck? I would have been fine with Goku briefly turning SSJ3 inbetween SSJ2 and SSG during his fight with Jiren since it would have been very quick and he was still at full stamina, but you're really going to make him go SSJ3 now? This shit better get explained.

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:13 am

HeroR wrote:
gofishus wrote:Cabba got his SSJ1 from Vegeta taunting him and SSj2 from again another fighter taunting him - the release of anger that is the traditional way of turning SSJ.
She was blocking an energy attack from Berserk Kale. She was far from doing nothing.
Have u seen any other character do a transformation from simply blocking an attack? Of course not. Why don't you just get Jiren to blast Caulifla with an energy beam and BAM - she turns SSJ Blue on the spot.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:14 am

Asura wrote:
And now Cabba. What the fuck are they doing with this character? The second he gets any kind of character development, and unlocks SSJ2, he gets knocked out of the ring 2 minutes later. Why? Just why? .
Because Cabba's development will clearly continue after the tournament as they set up the trip to Planet Salad again. Likewise, him getting quick elimination by Freeza was perfect. I don't see the point of nitpicking this when SSJ2 was to give him a moment of glory, and others like Caulifa attaining it before means we've seen it so many times now.

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:15 am

Asura wrote:Pretty good episode I suppose, although a very slow and boring first half. The writing for both Cabba and Champa is really confusing me. Champa is now all of a sudden doing a complete 180 on his character? Why couldn't he have been like this to begin with? AKA how he last acted during the end of the U6 tournament where he was still a bit of a dick but thankful for Beerus.

And now Cabba. What the fuck are they doing with this character? The second he gets any kind of character development, and unlocks SSJ2, he gets knocked out of the ring 2 minutes later. Why? Just why?

NEP seems interesting but... Goku wants to show them Super Saiyan 3? NOW!? When he has barely any stamina left, now is when he decides to go SSJ3? Writers, what the fuck? I would have been fine with Goku briefly turning SSJ3 inbetween SSJ2 and SSG during his fight with Jiren since it would have been very quick and he was still at full stamina, but you're really going to make him go SSJ3 now? This shit better get explained.
Probably not. Goku looks tired but apparently still has enough stamina to transform into the most stamina draining SSJ form... and just to play around with Caulifla
Last edited by gofishus on Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:15 am

gofishus wrote:
Have u seen any other character do a transformation from simply blocking an attack? Of course not. Why don't you just get Jiren to blast Caulifla with an energy beam and BAM - she turns SSJ Blue on the spot.
Most of the transformations happened off-scene in the manga and she couldn't even recapture the transformation right away.
Last edited by HeroR on Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:15 am

Ok, in retrospect, that line Toppo said to Vegeta was hilarious. :lol:
Asura wrote:NEP seems interesting but... Goku wants to show them Super Saiyan 3? NOW!? When he has barely any stamina left, now is when he decides to go SSJ3? Writers, what the fuck? I would have been fine with Goku briefly turning SSJ3 inbetween SSJ2 and SSG during his fight with Jiren since it would have been very quick and he was still at full stamina, but you're really going to make him go SSJ3 now? This shit better get explained.
And yeah, HOW does Goku intend to build back his stamina through fighting by using his most stamina-draining form? Talk about a paradox. Let's hope this is interesting to see.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:16 am

Noah wrote:
gofishus wrote:Cabba got his SSJ1 from Vegeta taunting him and SSj2 from again another fighter taunting him - the release of anger that is the traditional way of turning SSJ. Caulifla on the other hand - tingles her back to get SSJ1 and gets SSJ2 in mid air while doing nothing... no wonder people think she's too much of a mary sue character.
Exactly! But I'll hope to see not the same with SSJ3... I mean seeing Caulifla unlocking transformations by lame excuses is already bad, can we imagine her getting SSJ3 through rage or due being very 'excited' or some non sense like that? Don't do that to us Toei!
The hints were there all along that she would get ssj3,heck Goku tells her she is gonna get it.
If it makes you feel better,i am certain her getting ssj3 won't be as bad as Gotenks getting it.

Hasaki

Post by Hasaki » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:18 am

Another awesome episode, finally SSj3 will be back next episode :clap:

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:20 am

precita wrote:
Asura wrote:
And now Cabba. What the fuck are they doing with this character? The second he gets any kind of character development, and unlocks SSJ2, he gets knocked out of the ring 2 minutes later. Why? Just why? .
Because Cabba's development will clearly continue after the tournament as they set up the trip to Planet Salad again. Likewise, him getting quick elimination by Freeza was perfect. I don't see the point of nitpicking this when SSJ2 was to give him a moment of glory, and others like Caulifa attaining it before means we've seen it so many times now.
Cabba was introduced in the U6 arc over 70 episodes ago, and this is the first development he's gotten. You're telling me we have to wait for yet another arc just to make anything interesting about this character?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:21 am

Whatever wrote:The hints were there all along that she would get ssj3,heck Goku tells her she is gonna get it.
If it makes you feel better,i am certain her getting ssj3 won't be as bad as Gotenks getting it.
Hell, Gotenks got 2 and 3 in week while also studying up on shonen tropes, coming up with goofy ass moves and still finding time to train. His explanation? "I dunno lol."
Asura wrote:NEP seems interesting but... Goku wants to show them Super Saiyan 3? NOW!? When he has barely any stamina left, now is when he decides to go SSJ3? Writers, what the fuck? I would have been fine with Goku briefly turning SSJ3 inbetween SSJ2 and SSG during his fight with Jiren since it would have been very quick and he was still at full stamina, but you're really going to make him go SSJ3 now? This shit better get explained.
This puzzles the hell out of me too. If Goku can recover stamina just by fighting, how has he ever lost? :think:

I agree with you about Cabba too. They really did him dirty at the end of the episode. "Hey, you got SS2! Have a complimentary fuck you!"

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:21 am

Asura wrote:
precita wrote:
Asura wrote:
Cabba was introduced in the U6 arc over 70 episodes ago, and this is the first development he's gotten. You're telling me we have to wait for yet another arc just to make anything interesting about this character?
Yes, what more do you want? Most U6 characters are not there for any major development, not counting Caulifa/Kale yet. We only see them briefly for short arcs. Hit and the others aren't much different than at the end of the U6 arc. Maybe Hit is a little nicer around Goku and that's it.