"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nato25
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by nato25 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:13 am

Simere wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Simere wrote:I wonder if it's too much to hope for that they'll reveal who's in the commentator pack before it releases.
I don't even know what is. Another Voice over? What does that matter?
Well, it's about flavor; it matters only if you care about it. DBFZ's default announcer is terribly boring to me. I'd rather have a character with a personality from DB's world calling things out.

In Xrd I have Ramlethal as my announcer because the delivery of her lines highly amuses me, plus she's who I main. When her sister is selected she calls her by her nickname — again, I love the flavor. Sol's has him making a bunch of snide/funny upon character selection; imagining Beerus or Freeza doing the same sounds like great fun to me. A lot of characters do.
Also at least for PC a music track is useless since mods are gonna make it so any OST can be used.
Mostly true, but there is a satisfaction in knowing your opponent has to hear the same thing you picked. Assuming their music is on.
Agreed, now I'm annoyed they made him boring on purpose because of this pack. They should have been using the actual announcer from Dragon Ball (or heck any announcer from any tournament ever would have done).

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nickolaidas » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:22 pm

IGN will reveal two characters next week.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017/oct ... next-week/

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:44 am

So they are releasing 2 characters per announcement.

cringey

Post by cringey » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:55 am

nato25 wrote:Agreed, now I'm annoyed they made him boring on purpose because of this pack. They should have been using the actual announcer from Dragon Ball (or heck any announcer from any tournament ever would have done).
Do you have any source for that claim or you are writing it 'cause you are mad?

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:24 am

Nickolaidas wrote:IGN will reveal two characters next week.
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017/oct ... next-week/
I was only expecting the next two to be revealed in the usual V-Jump week, so this is good news. Hopefully they are more interesting reveals than the last two.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:16 pm

Glad to see new characters so soon. With Nappa already revealed only SSJ3 Gotenks will make me truly hyped. Him or a gag character. I would love if they turned Adult Gohan into the Great Saiyaman.
EA575 wrote:So they are releasing 2 characters per announcement.
In true Dragon Ball fashion, I wonder if it's on purpose.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:35 pm

Gag character: Araleeeee :D

Or Satan. But Arale is so much better and you get the chance of pulling a finisher that is the original Saitama punch before there was even a Saitama. If they had the guts they would just use someone like Invisble man and have a figther who isn`t supposed to be that powerful but just steals points due to being virtually invisble. The online mayhem would be popcorn worthy.

Or Boss Rabbit because players would just lose their shit watching their powerful main being turned into a carrot while a humanoid rabbit would throw it around and hit it with a big sledgehammer and steal the bar away. I know Buu and chocolate are already in the game but let`s face it.

The other gimmnic is better.

Add up his two scrubs for assists and at the very least something resembling the power level he gained in the old "Attack of The Saiyans" game, a respectable 938 just by training at the Moon plus gameplay from Dragon Ball Heroes...oh the dream :D
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:34 pm

Olympian wrote:Gag character: Araleeeee :D

Or Satan. But Arale is so much better and you get the chance of pulling a finisher that is the original Saitama punch before there was even a Saitama. If they had the guts they would just use someone like Invisble man and have a figther who isn`t supposed to be that powerful but just steals points due to being virtually invisble. The online mayhem would be popcorn worthy.

Or Boss Rabbit because players would just lose their shit watching their powerful main being turned into a carrot while a humanoid rabbit would throw it around and hit it with a big sledgehammer and steal the bar away. I know Buu and chocolate are already in the game but let`s face it.

The other gimmnic is better.

Add up his two scrubs for assists and at the very least something resembling the power level he gained in the old "Attack of The Saiyans" game, a respectable 938 just by training at the Moon plus gameplay from Dragon Ball Heroes...oh the dream :D
The odds of characters that old being included must be close to 0%. The casual audience has limited knowledge of anything before Dragon Ball Z and, proven by the reaction to Nappa and Ginyu, many people prefer the shiny new Super characters.

You should check out my post about a hypothetical Dragon Ball FighterZ "Classic", I would love to have a discussion about it.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=39716&start=20

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:31 pm

cringey wrote:
nato25 wrote:Agreed, now I'm annoyed they made him boring on purpose because of this pack. They should have been using the actual announcer from Dragon Ball (or heck any announcer from any tournament ever would have done).
Do you have any source for that claim or you are writing it 'cause you are mad?
Obviously that wasn't there intention just my opinion.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:03 pm

If the next two characters aren't Gohan and Kid Buu, I'd be surprised.

Only thing else I could see is the fusions like Gotenks or Vegito, or maybe more old villains like Radditz, Dr Gero or Dabura.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:30 pm

precita wrote:If the next two characters aren't Gohan and Kid Buu, I'd be surprised.

Only thing else I could see is the fusions like Gotenks or Vegito, or maybe more old villains like Radditz, Dr Gero or Dabura.
Yeah, I imagine it'll be two Boo arc characters, between grown-up Gohan / an evil Boo form / Gotenks / Mr Satan / Dabra (that last one is wishful thinking on my part, the likelihood of his inclusion seems fifty-fifty).
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

EA575
Regular

Post by EA575 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:17 pm

I think it'll be Ultimate Gohan and Gotenks. The paired characters that are announced usually have something in common.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:36 pm

sintzu wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Screw this BS I'm just getting the normal edition. As if we're made of money.

That's exactly what these companies think thanks to use supporting them. People always complain about DLC and microtransactions yet they buy them.
DLC sucks man, I miss the time when we had to go through some hard stuff in the actual game to unlock hidden characters.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:00 am

Noah wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Screw this BS I'm just getting the normal edition. As if we're made of money.

That's exactly what these companies think thanks to use supporting them. People always complain about DLC and microtransactions yet they buy them.
DLC sucks man, I miss the time when we had to go through some hard stuff in the actual game to unlock hidden characters.
This. So much.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:55 am

Noah wrote:
sintzu wrote:

Now you have to go through some hard stuff IRL to earn money for buying DLCs :mrgreen:

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:27 am

KayDash wrote:
Noah wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Now you have to go through some hard stuff IRL to earn money for buying DLCs :mrgreen:
Grinding IRL
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:29 am

Btw, if you look back how it worked before, it was never really like that they replaced character unlocks with DLC, or at least that wasn't the case with the classic compatitive fighting game genre that DBFZ belongs to.
Street Fighter 2 is pretty much the first real example of that, and at time instead of getting DLC with new characters, for home console ports we got a graphically downgraded version with price above current days standard $60 (or at least it was more expensive in the area I live), and all the ballance updates, new characters, new stages, etc. came with the re-release of the game with the same high price. That wasn't just true to SF2, but to games like Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct, etc. It changed a bit in the PSX/PS2 era where they were finally able to make arcade-perfect ports, and even added a few extra characters for home release. Tekken 3 had that, or SF Alpha 3. Even SF4 later. Tho I might add that in the PSX era the arcade perfect port still doesn't applies for some games. PSX mainly ment an upgrade for 3D graphics actually, and had 2D capabilities that weren't much superior to a SNES. For this reason Capcom vs. SNK (1) still wasn't an arcade-perfect port and used downscaled sprites.
With SF4 however this finally changed, they released a home version superior to the arcade one, with the same level of quality, but more content. The game also had re-release updates like before, but with the 3rd release (I think, not 100% sure tho) they switched from the simple full priced game, and you were able to buy the just the new content for a lower price, if you already owned the previous installment.
With the new generation of fighting games like Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat X, Street Fighter V, Tekken 6 it changed again, arcade versions are no more, instead there's a base game for home consoles and finally on Steam/Windows, and after the release there are character seasons each year, instead of the extremely pricey full game re-releases. Sure it's still expensive, it still costs a lot to always be up-to-date with the last version, and sometimes companies attempt to sell you DLC which were almost or fully finished at the moment they released the game (not the case with DBFZ from what we know), but still... this is much better from how it all started 25 years ago.
And about the unlocks, they can sure not reveal a few characters even at the launch, and keep them in as unlockable ones, so it will be a nice suprise the first time you discover them, but this is something that the fighting game community never really liked, and I agree with them. While appreciate the story mode's inclusion, I'd mainly like to play online with all the characters available by default.
Also, there's the fact, that if you keep characters in secret, you can't really test them out with a lot of people, and then ballance issues and stuff like infinite combos are much more likely.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:40 am

Mu-12, Susano‘o, Sin Kyske and Raven was and some of them still are unlockable in games they are firstly appeared.
I believe SSJB Goku and SSJB Vegeta will be unlockable characters in the game.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:26 pm

Noah wrote:
sintzu wrote:

Same. One of my favorite things about Tenkaichi 1 and 2 in particular was unlocking everyone.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:38 pm

Ranmaru Rei wrote:Mu-12, Susano‘o, Sin Kyske and Raven was and some of them still are unlockable in games they are firstly appeared.
I believe SSJB Goku and SSJB Vegeta will be unlockable characters in the game.
We know for a fact they are unlockable and not stuck behind a DLC paywall. This hasn't ever been up in the air.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!