"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Geekdom101
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Geekdom101 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:43 am

RedHeat wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:I speak fluent Spanish. In the interview, there was nothing about Super ending.

He said they can't confirm a new movie and that we have to wait until things are announced officially.

He was asked how many episodes he thinks Super will go. He says NOTHING is set in stone.

If Toriyama chooses not to continue with Super, Chioka says he's not sure. Toei intends to continue but also Toriyama's world isn't over.

"It takes 6 months to write an episode and 4 months to do animation" is complete BS.
Why is it BS? I'm sure he knows what he's talking about.
Ask Ajay. It completely contradicts what Toshio and others have said fam. He's inflating the numbers.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:45 am

Geekdom101 wrote:
RedHeat wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:I speak fluent Spanish. In the interview, there was nothing about Super ending.

He said they can't confirm a new movie and that we have to wait until things are announced officially.

He was asked how many episodes he thinks Super will go. He says NOTHING is set in stone.

If Toriyama chooses not to continue with Super, Chioka says he's not sure. Toei intends to continue but also Toriyama's world isn't over.

"It takes 6 months to write an episode and 4 months to do animation" is complete BS.
Ask Ajay. It completely contradicts what Toshio and others have said fam. He's inflating the numbers.
Okay so I double checked with Ajay just now. Its more complex. What he said is not wrong but the way he said it is weird.

Not complete BS, but not made clear.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:49 am

HeroR wrote:
Totamo wrote:It takes 6 months to write an episode and 4 months to do animation, yeah I don't believe that at all.

Also wasn't there an interview where Toriyama said he gave them freedom to change the draft if they wanted too?
I don't see a reason for them to lie and it would take months to write a script. There is also more to animation then just drawing. You have pre-scripting an episode, storyboarding an episode, and pre-production, all happens before anything is drawn. From there you have corrections.

What they're saying is that can give suggestions or make requests, but the final say is Toriyama.
Well, neither Toyotaro is free to change things in Toriyama's sketch (we have seen that he has to make requests and expect Toriyama to accept / supervise).

I understood this as: If in the draft of Toriyama it is - '' Zen'oh kills Zamasu '' then TOEI can not cause Vegetto to kill Zamasu unless Toriyama accepts.
I think this is obvious, the interview between Toyotaro and Toriyama showed some of this

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:53 am

I think DRAFT has to become a meme now. Anyone else think so XP.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:54 am

Geekdom101 wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:
RedHeat wrote: Why is it BS? I'm sure he knows what he's talking about.
Okay so I double checked with Ajay just now. Its more complex. What he said is not wrong but the way he said it is weird.

It weird how people are so quick to say the director of the series is full of BS.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Pkjoan

Post by Pkjoan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:00 am

Can confirm, my native language is spanish. The thing about DBS ending in march is total BS. Also, the questions were really a waste of time (specially those from the guy with black T-shirt).

Also Geekdom, where are you from? I have noticed in your videos that you do have the typical Latin American accent when saying things that use heavy "r" letter and when reading japanese titles or spanish names.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:06 am

Can't really stretch for so long a saga that is all about a tournament. Universe Survival saga is not Majin Buu saga. Even if there's more post the tournament, it won't be that long. No one can provide an official information about when the saga will end, did that ever happen before as a matter of fact? People tried to use Heroes, and now they tried to twist another interview because of that. Seriously... Enough. Just wait for its end and see for yourself when it'll be over.

If you want news about Dragon Ball Super, you can perfectly wait until Jump Festa is upon us, from 18th (?) to 21th of December.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:09 am

HeroR wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:

It weird how people are so quick to say the director of the series is full of BS.
That was not my intent bro.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:11 am

Pkjoan wrote:

Can confirm, my native language is spanish. The thing about DBS ending in march is total BS. Also, the questions were really a waste of time (specially those from the guy with black T-shirt).

Also Geekdom, where are you from? I have noticed in your videos that you do have the typical Latin American accent when saying things that use heavy "r" letter and when reading japanese titles or spanish names.
Cuba.

The thing is, the guy is saying they have a SECOND interview where he confirms the march thing, but on their web site (quasi-clickbait), it links to this one. VERY strange.

Pkjoan

Post by Pkjoan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:12 am

Grimlock wrote:Can't really stretch for so long a saga that is all about a tournament. Universe Survival saga is not Majin Buu saga. Even if there's more post the tournament, it won't be that long. No one can provide an official information about when the saga will end, did that ever happen before as a matter of fact? People tried to use Heroes, and now they tried to twist another interview because of that. Seriously... Enough. Just wait for its end and see for yourself when it'll be over.

If you want news about Dragon Ball Super, you can perfectly wait until Jump Festa is upon us, from 18th (?) to 21th of December.
The thing is that unlike Zamasu arc, this arc is taking too long and so far the performance is underwhelming. Lots of bad writing and too much focus on U7 and U6.

The people want this arc to end to see if DBS has something better. So far the recruitment arc was far better than BoG + RoF + ToP arcs combined.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:12 am

After going through all the pages I found that nothing was confirmed. :problem:
But,whatever they do I want them to explore the remaining universes before they do anything else?
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Pkjoan

Post by Pkjoan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:13 am

Geekdom101 wrote:
Pkjoan wrote:

Cuba.

The thing is, the guy is saying they have a SECOND interview where he confirms the march thing, but on their web site (quasi-clickbait), it links to this one. VERY strange.
I'm from Dominican Republic.

This whole interview is clickbait in my eyes.

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:14 am

RedHeat wrote:

I'm spanish. In the context of the interview what they say is something like this:

-Interviewer: "How long does it take to make a chapter of the series?"

-The translator talk with director and producer and says: "Counting from the moment you start writing the episode?"

-Interviewer: "Yes."

-The translator talk with director and producer and says: "6 months since start writing the episode."

-Interviewer: "And counting only what it takes to perform the animation?"

-The translator talk with director and producer and says: "Only for the animation 4 months."

They say something like that, not exactly word by word but yes, something like that. So I repeat:

They refer to this:

Write and animate an episode: 6 months.
Only animate an episode: 4 months.

So 2 months for write an episode and 4 months for animate an episode.
Last edited by HECTOR4 on Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:16 am

HECTOR4 wrote:
RedHeat wrote:

I'm spanish. In the context of the interview what they say is something like this:

Interviewer: "How long does it take to make a chapter of the series?"

The translator talk with director and producer and says: "Counting from the moment you start writing the episode?"

Interviewer: "Yes."

The translator talk with director and producer and says: "6 months since start writing the episode."

Interviewer: "And counting only what it takes to perform the animation?"

The translator talk with director and producer and says: "Only for the animation 4 months."

They say something like that, not exactly word by word but yes, something like that. So I repeat:

They refer to this:

Yes this is what I was trying to convey. The wording is weird. Thank you.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:23 am

HECTOR4 wrote:
RedHeat wrote:

-Interviewer: "How long does it take to make a chapter of the series?"

-The translator talk with director and producer and says: "Counting from the moment you start writing the episode?"

-Interviewer: "Yes."

-The translator talk with director and producer and says: "6 months since start writing the episode."

-Interviewer: "And counting only what it takes to perform the animation?"

-The translator talk with director and producer and says: "Only for the animation 4 months."

They refer to this:

It's nice to see their scheduling isn't completely in the shitter like it was initially. So I guess the issues that people have with the writing and such can be blamed on the staff, now. :| :eh: :crazy:
Feels over Reals.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:27 am

Here is my confusion.

Nowhere in this interview does it say Super "might" end in March. On the contrary, they said they don' t know how many episodes it'll be and they says Dragon Ball will continue for many years. Also, he was asked if Toriyama chooses not to continue with Super, Chioka says he's not sure. Toei intends to continue but also Toriyama's world isn't over.

So that's three points that tell me DBS is going to continue.

DrKaytos says that he was told from Mision Tokyo there is a 2nd interview where Chioka says it may end in March, but that directly contradicts what was said in the video we were provided. So this is quite confusing.

Basically, we need that 2nd interview as evidence that way Julian or Jake can translate it from the Japanese to know if Chioka actually said it "might" end. I'm thinking the TOP ending makes sense, but not all of Super.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:36 am

Geekdom101 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:

That was not my intent bro.
That may not have been your intent, but that is how you came off. You said the director was full of BS about how long it took to script and animate an episode. There isn't too many other ways to read that.
Pkjoan wrote:
Grimlock wrote:Can't really stretch for so long a saga that is all about a tournament. Universe Survival saga is not Majin Buu saga. Even if there's more post the tournament, it won't be that long. No one can provide an official information about when the saga will end, did that ever happen before as a matter of fact? People tried to use Heroes, and now they tried to twist another interview because of that. Seriously... Enough. Just wait for its end and see for yourself when it'll be over.

The thing is that unlike Zamasu arc, this arc is taking too long and so far the performance is underwhelming. Lots of bad writing and too much focus on U7 and U6.

The people want this arc to end to see if DBS has something better. So far the recruitment arc was far better than BoG + RoF + ToP arcs combined.
Way too much opinion being presented as facts.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:13 am

Geekdom101 wrote:I'm thinking the TOP ending makes sense, but not all of Super.
This is a good point as the tournament AND slice of life episodes after could go on till the end of March with a new arc starting in April
pacz360 wrote:So nothing about super ending in March :think:
No and thank god for that. Anything less than 200 episodes is too short for something I've waited years for. The current arc has been a mixed bag for me so the last thing I want is it ending this way.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Geekdom101
Regular

Post by Geekdom101 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:17 am

sintzu wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:I'm thinking the TOP ending makes sense, but not all of Super.
This is a good point as the tournament AND slice of life episodes after could go on till the end of March with a new arc starting in April
pacz360 wrote:So nothing about super ending in March :think:
No and thank god for that. Anything less than 200 episodes is too short for something I've waited years for. The current arc has been a mixed bag for me so the last thing I want is it ending this way.
These guys have to produce that 2nd video ASAP.

Also, even if it ends, it may have a name change (like DB did with Z)

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:23 am

Geekdom101 wrote:These guys have to produce that 2nd video ASAP.

Also, even if it ends, it may have a name change (like DB did with Z).
Wouldn't an official get in trouble for saying something that big in a small interview ?

That's the most likely case but even then I don't think they'll end it just after 100 episodes. For one all their marketing is branded under Super's name so a name change would mean they'd have to start rebranding everything. With too many shows they could start confusing the general audience which won't be good for business. Then again, they could go the power ranger route and have a new show every 100 episodes.
Last edited by sintzu on Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.