DragonBall Z: Budokai 2

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

johnnyboy

DragonBall Z: Budokai 2

Post by johnnyboy » Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:28 pm

i must say this game was better than its original.... it's sort of weird how the story line went..... Freeza and cell came back every saga!!! and they didn't show cinimatics of important scenes like the first one. and the multi colored saybamen... however you spell it. you guys seem to know how to spell everything and know a lot... i feel kind of inferior.. although i do know my fare share of dragonball z data. anyways what was your favorite game?

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:32 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: I need a [insert best platform that has budoukai on it]! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:35 pm

johnnyboy wrote:i must say this game was better than its original.... it's sort of weird how the story line went..... Freeza and cell came back every saga!!! and they didn't show cinimatics of important scenes like the first one. and the multi colored saybamen... however you spell it. you guys seem to know how to spell everything and know a lot... i feel kind of inferior.. although i do know my fare share of dragonball z data. anyways what was your favorite game?
Consider this an extension warning from the other thread... it might seem strange, but unless people type properly (correct sentence structure, capitalization, grammar, and spelling)... I'm going to have to come down pretty seriously. We're honestly striving to have a totally different message board environment, and the main focus of this is going to be through the actual communication. If the communication is not up to professional standards, then it simply will not exist (as seen with "gohan_lover").

I really enjoyed the "Dragon World" mode in Budokai 2. I thought the new "What If?" stories they came up with were fantastically done (Cell and Freeza not even remembering being turned "Majin" cracks me up), and a really neat way to approach a new story mode. I guess that makes it similar to the PlayDia games (in that it has a new story), but this time you actually get to play it out, rather than (mostly) watching it.

Probably the only thing that honestly bugged me about the game is that to get Breakthrough capsules, you have to beat "Dragon World"... one capsule at a time. With about 30 characters and 6 Bulma costume capsules, that's a RIDICULOUS amount of time they expect you to play to get everything.

Thus, I cheated after beating it 5-6 times. ^^. It was for the good of the site, though... !
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:41 pm

Thus, I cheated after beating it 5-6 times. ^^. It was for the good of the site, though... !
And we appreciate it. Though that's not to say you still shouldn't be ashamed! :x ( :P )
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

johnnyboy

sorry

Post by johnnyboy » Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:42 pm

I am sorry about my incorrect grammar. I will try to post more properly next time.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:37 am

Your such a cheater EX :P

Although I may be saying that because I have beaten Dragonmode like 30 times now and it's slowly driving me insane...

SSJHitch
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJHitch » Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:25 am

I'm only just about to finish it for the second time and i can't be bothered! Thus my good old Soul Calibur 2 got a dusting down :) Man that game brings back memories.......................I miss my Dreamcast :cry:
Treading the thin line between insanity and genius

Jakez04
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jakez04 » Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:45 pm

Budokai2 (I think that how I spell it.) Has to be one of the best Dragonball game,like duh. GT Final Bout still tops it like it is nutin. Besides I also did that (R1,L1,L2,R2) code to and then told my friends that i was up 4 days straight playing the game :D can't blame a guy for trying. :P
Da Name is Jakez -ROC Baby!
[url=http://www.geocities.com/dragonfistgt]DragonFistGT![/url]

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:14 am

Budokai 2 looks so good, sometimes I forget that it is that good, instead of being normal.

What I mean is, after really getting into BD2 I went back and played BD1. I thought they were pretty much the same at first, but after a few rounds you can tell their worlds apart.