"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:45 pm

precita wrote:Gohan and probably Freeza will both outlast Vegeta.
Ain't gonna happen either, people may complain about Vegeta in this arc, mainly about his characterization (like I do), but he's not going out any sooner.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:50 pm

Noah wrote:
Ain't gonna happen either, people may complain about Vegeta in this arc, mainly about his characterization (like I do), but he's not going out any sooner.
Why not?

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:51 pm

precita wrote:Are people seriously saying they think Gohan will lose in the next ep or so? :lol:

Do you guys have no common sense for storytelling?
Why is it always so alien to you that people have different opinions than you?

Also you of all people should not be criticizing people about common sense when you think there is a chance they are gonna replace Goku as MC with the new generation.
Last edited by Whatever on Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:53 pm

I need Giant Piccolo vs the likely Universe 3 Megazord while Gohan chases around Paparoni.
Noah wrote:
Vegeta will probably beat Toppo and lose to Jiren. I wouldn't be surprised if all the others that are still around by the time Vegeta faces Toppo outlast him due to Vegeta wanting to fight Jiren immediately so the others left will just watch him.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:13 pm

I hope Gohan is the last one standing at the end. This is gonna be his last shining moment since we know how he turns out during EoZ.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:53 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:I hope Gohan is the last one standing at the end. This is gonna be his last shining moment since we know how he turns out during EoZ.
Nothing in EoZ contradicts where he is right now in Super.

IGhostUlt
Beyond Newbie

Post by IGhostUlt » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:19 pm

Kagari wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:I hope Gohan is the last one standing at the end. This is gonna be his last shining moment since we know how he turns out during EoZ.
Nothing in EoZ contradicts where he is right now in Super.
Exactly hes still that nerd from EOZ

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:30 pm

I might be misinterpreting but it seems like gohan was completely out of the game fighting/training wise at Eoz whereas this arc and especially episode 90 with his line about achieving a ultimate form nobody has ever seen gave me hope he would become more relevant in the arcs to come. Still holding out hop

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:39 pm

I find it odd that some people call Ribrianne a filler character because I'm still waiting for universe 3 to do something. Seriously besides Pepsi man and Maji Kayo they really haven't done anything significant. Which dissapoints me since I was pretty hyped for them and Toei has done everything in their power to make them look like trash. This is why I'm hoping universe 4 doesn't get taken out soon because I have little hope for universe 3 besides maybe Pepsi man.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:13 pm

CriticalThinker wrote:I find it odd that some people call Ribrianne a filler character because I'm still waiting for universe 3 to do something. Seriously besides Pepsi man and Maji Kayo they really haven't done anything significant. Which dissapoints me since I was pretty hyped for them and Toei has done everything in their power to make them look like trash. This is why I'm hoping universe 4 doesn't get taken out soon because I have little hope for universe 3 besides maybe Pepsi man.
u6,7 and 11 are the only 3 universes that matter. Its a shame toriyama had an 8 universe tournament but wrote basically nothing for 5 of them

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion T

Post by CriticalThinker » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:25 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:
CriticalThinker wrote:I find it odd that some people call Ribrianne a filler character because I'm still waiting for universe 3 to do something. Seriously besides Pepsi man and Maji Kayo they really haven't done anything significant. Which dissapoints me since I was pretty hyped for them and Toei has done everything in their power to make them look like trash. This is why I'm hoping universe 4 doesn't get taken out soon because I have little hope for universe 3 besides maybe Pepsi man.
u6,7 and 11 are the only 3 universes that matter. Its a shame toriyama had an 8 universe tournament but wrote basically nothing for 5 of them
Ain't that the truth, should have atleast given each universe a top tier fighter to make them more of a threat. Like I still find U3 to be the most disappointing since they looked so promising when they were first introduced, and once the tournament started they immediately got fodderized. I don't want to sound like a negative Nancy but I just find it hard to get hyped for the upcoming episodes.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:33 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:I might be misinterpreting but it seems like gohan was completely out of the game fighting/training wise at Eoz whereas this arc and especially episode 90 with his line about achieving a ultimate form nobody has ever seen gave me hope he would become more relevant in the arcs to come. Still holding out hop
Nope, go read it again.

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:57 pm

Has anyone seen this theory?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCTzBazb9wg
It holds up until now, Universe erasure order seems accurate by now.
Even as a coincidence it's amazing to have been exactly correct.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:32 am

CriticalThinker wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:
Ain't that the truth, should have atleast given each universe a top tier fighter to make them more of a threat. Like I still find U3 to be the most disappointing since they looked so promising when they were first introduced, and once the tournament started they immediately got fodderized. I don't want to sound like a negative Nancy but I just find it hard to get hyped for the upcoming episodes.
I think their is more to the Universes and their characters besides how strong they are. A real problem of what some call Foddering or making characters none important is now how much harder they can bunch, it is if they have underdeveloped characters. What makes it hard for U3 the most right now and somewhat of U4 is how underdeveloped they are as fighters. I am sure U4 will show some great powers, but they need personal character development to show they have meaning as characters and who they are.

That is why while I rather not ever really saying no Universe is not important, it is clear the Ones Toei has put the most importance into and the ones going by the question in a way, What are the Universes that Most matter, that does not go by power alone, but character.

The ones that matter most right now are Easy;

U2, U6, U7 and U11!

They have had the most development and importance in characters, so they have a likely future the most.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:41 am

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
CriticalThinker wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:
I think their is more to the Universes and their characters besides how strong they are. A real problem of what some call Foddering or making characters none important is now how much harder they can bunch, it is if they have underdeveloped characters. What makes it hard for U3 the most right now and somewhat of U4 is how underdeveloped they are as fighters. I am sure U4 will show some great powers, but they need personal character development to show they have meaning as characters and who they are.

That is why while I rather not ever really saying no Universe is not important, it is clear the Ones Toei has put the most importance into and the ones going by the question in a way, What are the Universes that Most matter, that does not go by power alone, but character.

U2, U6, U7 and U11!

They have had the most development and importance in characters, so they have a likely future the most.
Guess it isn't surprising that most of the characters are underdeveloped, since there's 80 of them and only a small majority of them will matter later on. At the very least U4 will amount to something more than U3 but I guess we won't know until the episode and spoilers come out. While I agree U6 and U11 are most likely to return and are important I'm not so sure about U2. Don't get me wrong I like U2 but I'm doubtful they'll be that important later on, most likely will show up in a filler arc or something.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:46 am

CriticalThinker wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
CriticalThinker wrote:

U2, U6, U7 and U11!

Guess it isn't surprising that most of the characters are underdeveloped, since there's 80 of them and only a small majority of them will matter later on. At the very least U4 will amount to something more than U3 but I guess we won't know until the episode and spoilers come out. While I agree U6 and U11 are most likely to return and are important I'm not so sure about U2. Don't get me wrong I like U2 but I'm doubtful they'll be that important later on, most likely will show up in a filler arc or something.
I don't try to get ahead of myself and I always say use cautious optimism, time will indeed tell, but it seems IMO the last 2 episodes set-up that U2 will have importance in the future and may develop connections to the Human characters of U7 like 17, 18 and Krillian both based on their connections in battle plus how threw that they came to know each other and respect one another by the end, mainly 17 and 18 where impressed by them and thought their where cool being who they were to the very end.

Like Vegeta with Cabba and Goku with Kale and Caulifla, Toei might be setting up connections to U7 heroes to other Universe characters to give both sides story and ablity to develop.

All and all it seems the story is leading to Toei just getting started with U2 like they are with U6 and U11.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:11 am

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
CriticalThinker wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:

U2, U6, U7 and U11!

I don't try to get ahead of myself and I always say use cautious optimism, time will indeed tell, but it seems IMO the last 2 episodes set-up that U2 will have importance in the future and may develop connections to the Human characters of U7 like 17, 18 and Krillian both based on their connections in battle plus how threw that they came to know each other and respect one another by the end, mainly 17 and 18 where impressed by them and thought their where cool being who they were to the very end.

Like Vegeta with Cabba and Goku with Kale and Caulifla, Toei might be setting up connections to U7 heroes to other Universe characters to give both sides story and ablity to develop.

All and all it seems the story is leading to Toei just getting started with U2 like they are with U6 and U11.
Good on you for being optimistic man I just can't help but feel doubtful but you do raise a good point. So you know what I'll give toei the benefit of the doubt and see how all this pans out in the end.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:00 am

Not that I am expecting Vegeta to leave the TOP but that would be quite the shock twist at this point so I`ll say go for it.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:20 am

Come on, the only thing u3 Robots had going for them is their ability to not fall out of the ring with their utilities. That is a bit moot once their bodies get wrecked lol. So i never had any expectations of them. As for u4, the mouse GoD is very confident. So either he has some really OP fighter or has some fighters with some powerful abilities. Tho judging from the NEP, its fighters with abilities.

potat_lasaro

Post by potat_lasaro » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:58 am

So, I used to think that Gohan's big battle would be against the three Robots from U3 rumored to be able to fuse/join together... But now I'd rather see a situation occur where #18 is eliminated next episode and Gohan and Piccolo get separated for the remainder of the tournament. (I mean...I like Gohan and Piccolo team ups, but I also want them interacting with others).

From there, have Piccolo be targeted by the three robots (say that their supreme Kai sees him as the weakest and decides to take aim at him) and looks about ready to lose when 17 gives him a hand. The duo then get a big fight together and defeat the robots only for the stadium grounds to explode around them (I'm going with the thought that the Cicadas will stay around for a while), eliminating them both and shocking U7 at the double elimination.

Thoughts? I just thought it would be a better way to both give some characters a big moment and a decent (as good as one can be) elimination from the tournament.