"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:11 pm

perucho1990 wrote:And next week we get Jump Festa Info, if they announce Planet Sadala Arc, then things would get worse for Piccolo tbh(the Saiyan girls would eat A LOT of screen time in 2018).

The only way Piccolo gets as relevant as Z is if Toyotaro takes over, and Toriyama retires imo.
I don't get it. Why this sudden obsession with Piccolo being a huge deal again? He lost his revelance after the Android arc, we don't have use for him anymore, just deal it.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:13 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:They go to Namek instead to use the Dragon Balls and that is where the arc takes place and when Sadal comes back Vegeta doesn't want to go anymore as they allowed Frost to blow it up. I want this to happen to piss off all you Saiyan Fanboys and Fangirls.
You spent weeks wishing for bad stuff to happen to Caulifla and Kale and now the shoe's on the other foot. It isn't so funny when a character you like gets shit on, is it?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:13 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
Thats how i expect it.

Episode 1: Incomplete UI Goku vs Jiren

Episode 2: Goku Masters UI and fights Jiren(who doesnt use his full power yet)

Epiosde 3: Mastered UI Goku vs Full Power Jiren.

Episode 4: Probably the conclusion of the fight.
I doubt we would get an entire episode of UI Omen and a full epsoide of Jiren holding back. This isn’t Dragon Ball Z. Even Kai cut down on this.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:14 pm

HeroR wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
precita wrote:At the rate this is going I'll probably have a complete mental breakdown by the time this arc ends. I already felt a bit sick to my stomach last night reading the spoilers, but I guess now it all depends on what happens in the climax.

Who knew watching a children's show could cause so much emotional turmoil?
It kinda dark that Christmas week will have U3 being erased, what a gift, right?

The Goku vs Jiren rematch is going to be at least as long as the Saiyan Girls fight imo. If Jiren goes down after 2 episodes then it would be dumb.
That fight went on so long because it had different stages. Goku vs Jiren round 2 will most likely be two episodes. Three at most.
What if Jiren has a transformation too. Almost all other main villains had them since Freeza arc. Saiyan arc too, if you include Vegeta's great ape change.
Noah wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:And next week we get Jump Festa Info, if they announce Planet Sadala Arc, then things would get worse for Piccolo tbh(the Saiyan girls would eat A LOT of screen time in 2018).

The only way Piccolo gets as relevant as Z is if Toyotaro takes over, and Toriyama retires imo.
I don't get it. Why this sudden obsession with Piccolo being a huge deal again? He lost his revelance after the Android arc, we don't have use for him anymore, just deal it.
We?
Also, this isn't about being useful, but about making him useful. Which given his past, he can be. Anything is possible.
Let people have preferences and grievances.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:18 pm

why are people here so susceptible to mental breakdowns
Feels over Reals.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:18 pm

HeroR wrote: I doubt we would get an entire episode of UI Omen and a full epsoide of Jiren holding back. This isn’t Dragon Ball Z. Even Kai cut down on this.
How long was the Goku vs Beerus fight in BoG? 4-5 episodes?

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:20 pm

Noah wrote:

I'm not a huge Piccolo fan calling for his return however the spirit of Dragon Ball is breaking your limits and moving forward. He doesn't have to be on par with Goku but there are other ways to be relevant than fighting the main boss.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:22 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
HeroR wrote: I doubt we would get an entire episode of UI Omen and a full epsoide of Jiren holding back. This isn’t Dragon Ball Z. Even Kai cut down on this.
Yeah, but that was the only major fight in that arc and it did drag.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:23 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
5. Episodes 10-14. 6 if you fight the battle on King Kai's planet in episode 5.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:23 pm

RedHeat wrote:why are people here so susceptible to mental breakdowns
Dragonball is serious business. Also some people are way too attached to certain characters and have irrational meltdowns depending on their handling.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:27 pm

the goku and X vs jiren finale should be 4 episodes imo. We had goku fight kale and caulifla for 4 episodes and that fight isn't half as important as the final fight

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:29 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:the goku and X vs jiren finale should be 4 episodes imo. We had goku fight kale and caulifla for 4 episodes and that fight isn't half as important as the final fight
He only fought them for 2 epsiodes, then Kafla for 2 episodes. The fusion is a different character and a different part of the fight. If Jiren has no transformations or anything, then there's no reason for it to be dragged out. The franchise generally treats transformations or fusions as new characters and not the same fight even if it's continuous.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:32 pm

Noah wrote:

You say that even know 17, 18 and Roshi have come out of nowhere and got good treatment. Your comment is the definition of wrong and invalid.
BlueBasilisk wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:They go to Namek instead to use the Dragon Balls and that is where the arc takes place and when Sadal comes back Vegeta doesn't want to go anymore as they allowed Frost to blow it up. I want this to happen to piss off all you Saiyan Fanboys and Fangirls.
You spent weeks wishing for bad stuff to happen to Caulifla and Kale and now the shoe's on the other foot. It isn't so funny when a character you like gets shit on, is it?
Every character I like gets shit on so notbing is new there

I would rather watch Universe 6 with a final 6 of Hit, Saonel, Pirina, Caulifla, Kale and Cabba then the 6 left on universe 7. I do not care at all about the members that are left on Universe 7 and I can't wait for them to get messed about.

I am sure I wrote that exact same scenraio about Planet Sadal about a month ago and everyone basically ignored it. I find it funny people only want to reply to me when a Piccolo is getting messed about. It is as if some of you are here just to try and make me look stupid.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:33 pm

Does anyone else find it ironic that Piccolo and Tien are the only Z Fighters, outside of Goku and Vegeta, who train frequently, yet they got shafted the most in this tournament?

Piccolo trains all the time, but all he accomplished in this tournament was eliminating Rubalt and providing support to Gohan against the U6 Namekians. Tien also trains all the time, yet all he did was eliminate The Preecho with Roshi's help and take Hermila down with him. Meanwhile, Roshi, the 300 year old man who shouldn't even be capable of improving much in strength, does some off-screen training for about a year, which couldn't have been very intense since no one noticed, and he ends up eliminating 5 people. Then you have C18, who did absolutely no training (not even some random off-screen training like Roshi), and she gets to eliminate 5 people, one of which being a universe's MVP.

Honestly, I'm just glad that U7 is losing someone in 119 since U7 is dominating too much in this tournament and it's just ridiculous that U7 lost no one in the span of 12 episodes despite being the most active team in this tournament. However, Piccolo was one of the few remaining U7 members who hasn't really done too much in this tournament.
Last edited by Hakaishin Liquir on Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:33 pm

precita wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:the goku and X vs jiren finale should be 4 episodes imo. We had goku fight kale and caulifla for 4 episodes and that fight isn't half as important as the final fight
He only fought them for 2 epsiodes, then Kafla for 2 episodes. The fusion is a different character and a different part of the fight. If Jiren has no transformations or anything, then there's no reason for it to be dragged out. The franchise generally treats transformations or fusions as new characters and not the same fight even if it's continuous.
i'd rather the final fight get dragged on then have more post tournament filler bs but thats just my opinion

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:35 pm

Hakaishin Liquir wrote:Does anyone else find it ironic that Piccolo and Tien are the only Z Fighters, outside of Goku and Vegeta, who train frequently, yet they got shafted the most in this tournament?

Piccolo trains all the time, but all he accomplished in this tournament was eliminating Rubalt and providing support to Gohan against the U6 Namekians. Tien also trains all the time, yet all he did was eliminate The Preecho with Roshi's help and take Hermila down with him. Meanwhile, Roshi, the 300 year old man who shouldn't even be capable of improving much in strength, does some off-screen training for about a year, which couldn't have been very intense since no one noticed, and he ends up eliminating 5 people. Then you have C18, who did absolutely no training (not even some random off-screen training like Roshi), and she gets to eliminate 5 people, one of which being a universe's MVP.
Well the difference is we have no idea how strong Roshi got. He never fought any really strong opponents, and Frost tortured him fully. It's not too unbelieveable to think Roshi can be around Nappa or Saiyan Saga Vegeta strength if he trained seriously from Return of F till now.

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:37 pm

precita wrote:
Hakaishin Liquir wrote:Does anyone else find it ironic that Piccolo and Tien are the only Z Fighters, outside of Goku and Vegeta, who train frequently, yet they got shafted the most in this tournament?

Well the difference is we have no idea how strong Roshi got. He never fought any really strong opponents, and Frost tortured him fully. It's not too unbelieveable to think Roshi can be around Nappa or Saiyan Saga Vegeta strength if he trained seriously from Return of F till now.
If Roshi was only Nappa level, then that would mean that Caway from U4 isn't even fodder Frieza soldier level, which would be retarded since she should be one of the top 10 fighters in her tournament.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:37 pm

The less you deserve the more you get in Dragon Ball unless you are Goku or Vegeta. 18 and Roshi doing nothing to get better is also something else for Tien and Piccolo fans to be annoyed about.
BlueVegerot wrote:
precita wrote:
i'd rather the final fight get dragged on then have more post tournament filler bs but thats just my opinion
They could just go to the next arc which if it exists would have been done a long time ago.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:40 pm

precita wrote:

The thing about Roshi is that he was sidelined in Z. Heck, he was surpassed in dragon ball by everyone. It’s only because of Super that the creators made him this stupidly strong out of nowhere.

All they did was sprinkle a little bit of “oh he trained in secret” in Super and Now he can magically hold his own. Everyone buys it and eats it up.
How i predict the tournament will end:

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:42 pm

TheOne wrote:
precita wrote:

The thing about Roshi is that he was sidelined in Z. Heck, he was surpassed in dragon ball by everyone. It’s only because of Super that the creators made him this stupidly strong out of nowhere.

All they did was sprinkle a little bit of “oh he trained in secret” in Super and Now he can magically hold his own. Everyone buys it and eats it up.
Well the other humans made huge gains, Roshi did retire so he put effort in. I only see Roshi somewhere between Nappa and Saiyan Saga Vegeta, I don't think he got that strong. People putting Roshi on the level of the Ginyu Force is ridiculous.