"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:11 pm

Big Chief wrote:I am so happy we have something outside of U6 and U11 that is actually able to challenge SSB (or at least appears too).

Universe 3, I love you so much right now.
I like U3 to last cause really we are down to the wire here, U4 went to fast (My Condolences to U4 Fans) and the only Universe that could have likely won the ToP cause they would have likely wished all the universes back as well besides U7 and U11, those others being U2 and U6 are now gone.

The tension is getting less now and it seems we are just an a fast train to the Jiren station. So I hope U3 at least leaves an impact and reason why they have lasted this long! 8) :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:16 pm

Big Chief wrote:
CJStriker_CBR wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:Of all characters that were supposed to be funny, Katopesla is the only one that succeed it to me. A shame to see such entertaining character going out the way he did.
I would like to see him turn out to be an actual threat to Universe 7.
I was sad to see him go, I was hoping the previews where wrong and he would pilot the Giant Combo Bot, Serious that would have been to Awesome! :D

Well what could have been.
I really hope we get to see him again at some point if he's wished back.

Such a good character.
IMO Besides My Girl Ribrianne who's Funny Moments I like a good deal :lol:, Katopesla was that comical funny you see in the Super Sentai series.

It was refreshing and felt genuine to his character, so it is too bad he went so soon, he seem to have never ending power-ups, so I was hoping he be More-Then-Meets-The-Eye! :wink:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:20 pm

I guess people can stop crying about Piccolo right now, he wasn't humiliated, he eliminated two and then got eliminated. He did well.
Grimlock wrote:One can only hope Toyotaro does a better job with Piccolo and Universe 6 Namekuseijins, but I won't get my hopes up. :roll:
Please, Toyotaro did worse than the anime when Piccolo was eliminated by Frost in the Champa arc, so you sure shouldn't get your hopes up :)
Last edited by Noah on Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:24 pm

I hope the Purple scientist guy is like Dr. Gero. I want him to mind control 17 and 18 through his robot wand and turn them against the heroes.

Big Chief
Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Chief » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:02 pm

So... I guess Monna was the strongest U4 fighter in terms of power? Unless I am mistaken.
Some know me as GigglesMcFiggles.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:05 pm

I dunno about anyone else but I really hope they do another two part special for the final battle between Goku and Jiren.

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:09 pm

Big Chief wrote:So... I guess Monna was the strongest U4 fighter in terms of power? Unless I am mistaken.
I mean Ganos could have been the strongest because I think his whole thing was the longer he fought the stronger he becomes. But yeah I think she was the strongest from U4 which surprised me.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:00 am

The episode was adequate enough. Although Piccolo's performance was something of a mixed package with good focus and participation. On the other hand, I found it silly how the character who is renowned for having acute hearing marked a negligence of this important attribute as being a significant causal factor behind his being eliminated. He depended too much on his ki sensing and it blinded him in a sense to the true method of identifying his target.

An all around okayish episode but the illusion aspect was short-lived and I couldn't help but notice that several characters had to be rescued by Piccolo -- one of whom being #18 for the second time now. If that theory about her involvement being perpetuated to give Paparoni a puppet to manipulate pans out then I'm going to have to ask how that's possible when she and her brother are supposed to be largely biological based with the only mechanical bits being the energy engines.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:02 am

Piccolos elimination felt very forced tbh, it shouldve been 18 but they had to save her for the U3 episodes when Papparoni hacks her.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:07 am

almost every GoD in non exempt universes is legit brain dead. Champa and Mosco are the only two ones who appeared to have actually prepared. I guess belmod can be forgiven since he has Jiren but no other GoD appeared to have a legit plan that could work

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:14 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Statistically speaking, Piccolo is joint third as the best performer in the Tournament Of Power, along with Kale and #18, with five eliminations. That's not bad at all.
Yeah, from this perspective. But he could still get something more. It's always missing something when it comes to Piccolo.
Noah wrote:Please, Toyotaro did worse than the anime when Piccolo was eliminated by Frost in the Champa arc, so you sure shouldn't get your hopes up :)
I can always count on Dimps though. :thumbup:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:53 am

BlueVegerot wrote:almost every GoD in non exempt universes is legit brain dead. Champa and Mosco are the only two ones who appeared to have actually prepared. I guess belmod can be forgiven since he has Jiren but no other GoD appeared to have a legit plan that could work
Well, Quitela was obviously banking on his two hidden fighters being able to get the job done, but Damon and Gamisaras made the mistake of striking too early. They should’ve waited it out longer.

Anyway, I’m rooting for Universe 3 to get a better send-off than Universe 4, because that was frankly disappointing.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:02 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Just to quickly point something out: Piccolo and Android 18 have same amount of eliminations (five). The Universe 6 Namkians were eliminated by the combination attack of the Special Beam Cannon and the Kamehameha. So it counts as eliminations for both Gohan and Piccolo.
Thing is, most of 18's eliminations have been solo. Unless you want to count 17 shielding her during her attack Giant Rib.
WittyUsername wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:almost every GoD in non exempt universes is legit brain dead. Champa and Mosco are the only two ones who appeared to have actually prepared. I guess belmod can be forgiven since he has Jiren but no other GoD appeared to have a legit plan that could work
Well, Quitela was obviously banking on his two hidden fighters being able to get the job done, but Damon and Gamisaras made the mistake of striking too early. They should’ve waited it out longer.

Anyway, I’m rooting for Universe 3 to get a better send-off than Universe 4, because that was frankly disappointing.
Than and Genos going early before he powered up.

U4 relied too much on gimmick fighters. Their only muscle fighters were Monna, Genos to an extent, and the blind wolf. Although that illusionist was powerful in her own way, too bad she ran into the Evil Containment Wave.
Last edited by HeroR on Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:10 am

Big Chief wrote:So... I guess Monna was the strongest U4 fighter in terms of power? Unless I am mistaken.
The blind wolf was also strong. Was did him in was his strong sense of smell.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:29 am

I get the feeling whoever the series planner is, is a huge fan of 17 and 18. I doubt Toriyama had any plans for them, or even Gohan's return to the fold. Most likely Toriyama's plans just included Goku and Jiren and the overall concept.

There's some huge fanboyism going on for Android 17 and 18 in this tournament. My guess is most of the main writers were huge fans of the Cell saga, same reason Future Trunks got an entire arc.

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:35 am

precita wrote:I get the feeling whoever the series planner is, is a huge fan of 17 and 18. I doubt Toriyama had any plans for them, or even Gohan's return to the fold. Most likely Toriyama's plans just included Goku and Jiren and the overall concept.

There's some huge fanboyism going on for Android 17 and 18 in this tournament. My guess is most of the main writers were huge fans of the Cell saga, same reason Future Trunks got an entire arc.
Could be that after this arc we really won't see much of Android 18 or 17 and that's why their getting so much screen time. Same reason why Master Roshi got so much screen time as well, but it could be a mixture of both.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:47 am

precita wrote:I get the feeling whoever the series planner is, is a huge fan of 17 and 18. I doubt Toriyama had any plans for them, or even Gohan's return to the fold. Most likely Toriyama's plans just included Goku and Jiren and the overall concept.

I love every time a character gets a lot of focus it's always, 'the director/writer is a fanboy'. I mean, during the Champa Saga, everyone was a Vegeta fanboy and made Goku looked bad. When Goku did extremely well, the writers were Goku fanboys. Now the androids and Gohan get shine, the director/writers must be fanboys.

And Toriyama gave Future Trunks his own arc. It being anyone else's idea is pure fan speculation, like some fans thought for sure Goku Black was based on Xicor because Toyo works on the manga and he wrong Dragon Ball AF.
Kanassa wrote:

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:49 am

Since my thread didn't get any focus :( ,I will post it here.
Hawk9211 wrote:To start U4 doesn't deliver the hype,not even a bit.

The Abilities now I think about them are not anything special.The prodigal martial arts characters of U7 having difficulty against invisibility is laughable when Yamcha was able to figure how to deal with a invisible guy.
Shanta's ability seems useless cause it requires victim to be in a specific area and it doesn't do anything other than creating false images.Darcori's ability for instance was far better and now I think why was Roshi putting so much thought in dealing with a invisible person and tiny person when he has defeated a much difficult opponent.

The Techniques continue to be boring and unimaginative. I have yet to see a original move outside of 17 from U7, they haven't even invented a new ki blast. Even most of other universes seem to have generic techniques outside few like Obuni and Darcori's.

They also seem to Rehash a lot of things from Og dragon ball while forgetting that Og dragon ball was just the beginning of martial artists that has been taught and surpassed gods.Like I mentioned above how ridiculous it feels for them to be struggling against invisibility.
Speaking of which demon explosive wave able to cover a whole island when king piccolo used it. So, even if attack potency of current one was better it should still be able to cover most of arena since piccolo is much stronger and I don't have to mention that the one used by king piccolo was still able to greatly injure goku so it's attack potency was always good.

Now, most importantly Piccolo's elimination felt forced along with a lot of other things I mentioned above. The most careful guy with best ears and stretchy arms gets eliminated by an opponent which should be most easy to deal by using hearing. Now, I am not sure about this but hasn't ki sensing able to tell the size of opponent and even if it isn't the case getting eliminated felt forced.
Overall I will give this episode 5/10. due to lame abilities/techniques,rehashes, ridiculous excuses and katpolesla getting eliminated
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:41 am

Noah wrote:I guess people can stop crying about Piccolo right now, he wasn't humiliated, he eliminated two and then got eliminated. He did well.
Grimlock wrote:One can only hope Toyotaro does a better job with Piccolo and Universe 6 Namekuseijins, but I won't get my hopes up. :roll:
Please, Toyotaro did worse than the anime when Piccolo was eliminated by Frost in the Champa arc, so you sure shouldn't get your hopes up :)

Not really the Piccolo vs Frost fight in the anime was awful. It was just Piccolo running around charging a beam. At least Toyotaro let them fight. Though I will say I did like how Frost finished off Piccolo in the anime by blasting a hole through him, though that isn't something Piccolo fan's liked I assume. Toei has pretty much done nothing but disrespect Piccolo in Super. The only time he felt strong was when he fought ssj2 Gohan right before the tournament of power.
Beerus arc: got stomped by Beerus, though this was to be expected
RoF arc: he got stomped by Tagoma and Ginyu, which is one of the most ridiculous things of the series, and then got killed by first form Frieza for no reason since he was revived a few episodes later
U6 arc: got one fight where he lost, got disrespected by Goku saying he had no chance even though Piccolo would of won if Frost didn't cheat, and disrespected by Vegeta when Vegeta told Piccolo to step down.
Black arc: disrespected when nobody listened to his mafuba lesson
ToP arc: instantly pushed back by a guy from U10 but he beat him seconds later with one shot for some reason, got his arms shot off multiple times from the sniper, had major trouble with the U6 namekians though at least they explained it by them fusing with a bunch of namekians, then got taken out by a bug in an anticlimactic way. Even Roshi had more eliminations than him. I think even Krillin who went out in like a few episodes helped in eliminating almost the same amount of people Piccolo did.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:57 am

WittyUsername wrote:

It wasn't early. The tournament ends in 12 minutes. To me they struck too late though, they should have some characters fall of the ring throughout the tournament hinting at the invisible fighters of u4.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra