"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:22 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:One question, this week will we get synopsis of Weekly Shonen Jump?

Last week, we had the synopsis of two episodes (120 and 121). Technically, this week we would have the synopsis of episode 122, but there will be a week without episode (day 31).

So I was kind of confused, are we going to get the EP 122 synopsis this week or not? At some point we're going to stay a week without synopsis, but I do not think it's this week
I don't think we're getting a synopsis next week due to it being a double issue I think.
Next week probably not (the week before the week without episode usually has no synopsis released). But I was in doubt if we will synopsis this week or not

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:24 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Supersaiyanbulla wrote: Exactly,and what would be the point in vegeta jobbing to jiren when we had kaioken goku and hit for that at this point it would beyond pointless.
To show off Jiren's stamina.
His stamina needs to be shown off why? He's only fought 2 guys and he beat them easily. Also Goku only beat namek freeza with his own power. Since then he has needed other people's power/ outside divine intervention to beat anyone.

Quit vs Cell and relied on 10 year old son
Needed spirit bomb to beat kid buu who he bragged he could beat as a ssj3
beerus spared him
whis had to rewind time vs frieza
hit jumped off the stage instead of one shotting monaka
zeno button for zamasu

While Yes Vegeta has not beaten a main villain, goku has basically been useless in that area since namek by himself
But he always plays a crucial role in the villain's defeat, unlike Vegeta who frequently makes things worse by being there.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:51 pm

[spoiler]I think the episode 123 title is referring to Gohan. "Full Power" is a phrase that Gohan has used a bunch in this arc including in episode 118 and the NEP for 120. Also Also he used it a couple times in the episode he fought Goku with. Unleashed could have something to do with Potential Unleashed Gohan which is his manga name for Ultimate form. Also spirit could be referring to his fighting spirit which Piccolo was trying to drill into him back in episode 88. Just my thoughts[/spoiler]

Supersaiyanbulla
Temporarily Banned

Post by Supersaiyanbulla » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:51 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: To show off Jiren's stamina.
His stamina needs to be shown off why? He's only fought 2 guys and he beat them easily. Also Goku only beat namek freeza with his own power. Since then he has needed other people's power/ outside divine intervention to beat anyone.

Quit vs Cell and relied on 10 year old son
Needed spirit bomb to beat kid buu who he bragged he could beat as a ssj3
beerus spared him
whis had to rewind time vs frieza
hit jumped off the stage instead of one shotting monaka
zeno button for zamasu

While Yes Vegeta has not beaten a main villain, goku has basically been useless in that area since namek by himself
But he always plays a crucial role in the villain's defeat, unlike Vegeta who frequently makes things worse by being there.
How is goku any better

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:52 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:[spoiler]I think the episode 123 title is referring to Gohan. "Full Power" is a phrase that Gohan has used a bunch in this arc including in episode 118 and the NEP for 120. Also Also he used it a couple times in the episode he fought Goku with. Unleashed could have something to do with Potential Unleashed Gohan which is his manga name for Ultimate form. Also spirit could be referring to his fighting spirit which Piccolo was trying to drill into him back in episode 88. Just my thoughts[/spoiler]
Yeah, my first thought was of Gohan talking about going full power in the preview for the next episode. Though, if he goes full power there, why would it be in a title for a later episode like it's a new moment?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:57 pm

Kanassa wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:[spoiler]I think the episode 123 title is referring to Gohan. "Full Power" is a phrase that Gohan has used a bunch in this arc including in episode 118 and the NEP for 120. Also Also he used it a couple times in the episode he fought Goku with. Unleashed could have something to do with Potential Unleashed Gohan which is his manga name for Ultimate form. Also spirit could be referring to his fighting spirit which Piccolo was trying to drill into him back in episode 88. Just my thoughts[/spoiler]
Yeah, my first thought was of Gohan talking about going full power in the preview for the next episode. Though, if he goes full power there, why would it be in a title for a later episode like it's a new moment?
Couple reasons why I think this

1. Its way too early for Goku to get mastered UI especially with toppo and Dyspo fights left, I think they go before Goku vs Jiren 2.0

2. If Vegeta was gonna get UI , it would be in 122 where Takahashi and Shida are working.

3. If anything this would be the time for the "ultimate form no one has seen before " to show up

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:00 pm

Yes, but Gohan already said that he was using his '' full power '' a few times in this saga (as you said).

I think it would not make much sense to be the title of an episode, considering that this is something already said several times during the episodes, something common

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:20 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Couple reasons why I think this

1. Its way too early for Goku to get mastered UI especially with toppo and Dyspo fights left, I think they go before Goku vs Jiren 2.0

2. If Vegeta was gonna get UI , it would be in 122 where Takahashi and Shida are working.

3. If anything this would be the time for the "ultimate form no one has seen before " to show up
Good points, I hope you're right. I don't think the ultimate form no one has seen before is this arc (hoping it isn't at least ), but I think the others are good. Whether it's Vegeta or Gohan, I'll be really happy though. I just don't want it to be Goku.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:58 pm

ShinTenshin wrote:The Gohan's role in 120/121 confirm me it's his last fight.
C17-C18 will probably fall also.
For Vegeta to have the possibility to fight Jiren mean Toppo and Dyspo will be fighting against universe 7 cause normally they protect him.
We know Goku want to fight Dyspo and he appear clear that Frieza and Toppo will be a major fight.

For Vegeta we have several hints about his potential for the TOP :
- Oracle Fish saying Vegeta is now a part of the prophecy.
- Vegeta trying to attain UI by his own.
- DBHEROES annoucement saying Vegeta isn't serious by now (hinting that he will have more than SSBLUE).
When did this DBH announcement say that Vegeta was not serious yet?

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:42 pm

So, what do you guys expect (or want) to be the next arc?
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:43 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
For Vegeta to have the possibility to fight Jiren mean Toppo and Dyspo will be fighting against universe 7 cause normally they protect him.
We know Goku want to fight Dyspo and he appear clear that Frieza and Toppo will be a major fight.

- DBHEROES annoucement saying Vegeta isn't serious by now (hinting that he will have more than SSBLUE).
It was said awhile back. But it's not like we didn't know that at the time lol. Up until Toppo Vegeta didn't fight a single person that required him to start in SSB.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:49 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:

It was said awhile back. But it's not like we didn't know that at the time lol. Up until Toppo Vegeta didn't fight a single person that required him to start in SSB.
There are no recent DBH announcements that says vegeta has not been serious yet. And trust me, I've searched.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:50 pm

i highly doubt goku is gonna fight dyspo. dyspo will fight either gohan/17, vegeta will fight jiren and lose, toppo vs frieza and goku vs jiren

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:51 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:So, what do you guys expect (or want) to be the next arc?
It'll probably be a Sadal arc but I'd like something completely new.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:52 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:

it was said on the night that episode 112 appeared. After the episode aired. which was when vegeta and toppo first squared off. Not sure if it was pre recorded or not

dragon boss z
I Live Here

Post by dragon boss z » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:05 am

YonedgeHP wrote:So, what do you guys expect (or want) to be the next arc?
If Frieza gets his wish, maybe something to do with that. If not a Sadala arc, or at least that will probably happen in the future. I also want them to time skip to after the end of Z, because there ins't much time lift for the "I haven't seen you in 5 years" to make sense. If they even remember that. Also it just seems nonsensical to have this many things happen in such a short period of time which were supposedly "a time of peace".

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:07 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Next week probably not (the week before the week without episode usually has no synopsis released). But I was in doubt if we will synopsis this week or not
Last week we had double issue (covering this week and the next), so this week we won't have anything, only next week.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:08 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:

It wasn't an "announcement", it was a statement made during the DBH anniversary event. I've asked before who exactly said it and was told it was his voice actor, but haven't had that confirmed.

New_Guy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by New_Guy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:51 am

I'm pretty surprised no one thinks Freeza will clash with Dyspo more so than Toppo. I could see that happening due to the fact that Dyspo and Beerus look alike (or are of the same species). I mean sure we know Toppo is Pride Trooper leader and all about vanquishing evil but clearly we know how petty Freeza can be regarding past grudges. (His hatred of Saiyans=Cabba wreckage) Here we could have: (His humiliation from Beerus=Dyspo curbstomp... Or an epic battle between the two that I would not mind seeing)

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:54 am

Sandubadear wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote: Next week probably not (the week before the week without episode usually has no synopsis released). But I was in doubt if we will synopsis this week or not
Last week we had double issue (covering this week and the next), so this week we won't have anything, only next week.
But next week is the week before the week without an episode (this is got a little strange, but like I said, we do not usually have synopse in this day).

So next week we also will not have any synopsis?
Last edited by TheSaiyanGod on Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.