"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueVegerot » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:31 pm

Goku has not been able to beat the main antagonist without an absurd amount of outside help since freeza on namek so expecting him to beat jiren 1 on 1 is not something i would do. They will win by numbers or 2-3 fighters ganging up and eliminating jiren but no way goku beats him in a fair solo fight

edit: just in case people try to dispute that

Quit vs cell cause only gohan could beat him
spirit bomb vs kid buu
lost to beerus
whis had to rewind time vs freeza and yes freeza " cheated" but goku was told DO NOT let your guard down and he did
quit vs hit and was running out of kaioken as it was + if killing was allowed, hit kills him
zeno button vs zamasu

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:35 pm

sintzu wrote:"The lack of faith in Vegeta from this fandom is disturbing".
Fixed for ya.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:43 pm

Professor Freeza wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Supersaiyanbulla wrote:This is way too true
https://mobile.twitter.com/delenafraser ... 6334946304
"The lack of faith in Vegeta from this fandom is truly saddening".

You can thank Toei for that. Toyotarou so far has surpassed my highest expectations so I fully believe he'll be getting amazing moments throughout the tournament in the manga but the anime...If Vegeta doesn't live up to what we're expecting from the next 3 episodes then I'll just give up on them giving him anything major to do and instead just keep my attention on the manga as it seems like Toyotarou has a better understanding on how to write him.
Agree. Bura is born and this is probably Vegeta's last stand. I mean as a out of universe way. His fight with Jiren is the last chance for Toriyama and Toei. You Job him out this time and he is done. No other big win can fix him.

And i think we already know whats gonna happen come January
Seriously, why do this fandom keep using this word when it clearly doesn’t know what it means even when people explain it?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:49 pm

HeroR wrote:Seriously, why do this fandom keep using this word when it clearly doesn’t know what it means even when people explain it?
Regardless of what it means, Vegeta's fans don't want to see him written like an idiot for a 3rd arc in a row which will happen if he charges Jiren only to lose.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:55 pm

sintzu wrote:
Not just in the tournament but for the rest of the anime. I don't expect him to win but if he doesn't put up a good fight, a really good fight then his fans are going to give up on him when it comes to the anime because this'll be the 3rd arc in a row that makes him look like a complete idiot.
I expect huge outrage if Vegeta gets demolished by Jiren, worse than episodes 56, 66,5.

If the writing will never change(making Goku look good), then you gotta pray merchandise sales go down or a new series pops up to give DBS good competition..

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:03 pm

perucho1990 wrote:I expect huge outrage if Vegeta gets demolished by Jiren, worse than episodes 56, 66,5.

If the writing will never change(making Goku look good).
People are going to lose their minds. I expect that even if he does good, just not beat Jiren.

The manga has shown time and again that Vegeta can look good without taking anything away from Goku and that's all we want, we just want him to get good screentime and memorable fights.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:22 pm

I expect huge outrage if Vegeta gets demolished by Jiren, worse than episodes 56, 66,5.
Did people dislike episode 56? I remember it was praised for the epic introduction of Super Saiyan Rosè and the plot twist that Black had an ally (Future Zamasu).

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:23 pm

sintzu wrote:
HeroR wrote:Seriously, why do this fandom keep using this word when it clearly doesn’t know what it means even when people explain it?
Regardless of what it means, Vegeta's fans don't want to see him written like an idiot for a 3rd arc in a row which will happen if he charges Jiren only to lose.
Him losing to Jiren wouldn’t be him being an idiot unless he thinks he can win with force. If he pulls a Kid Buu or just trying to run the clock, it would show him being smart even if Jiren smashes him.
SupremeKai25 wrote:
Did people dislike episode 56? I remember it was praised for the epic introduction of Super Saiyan Rosè and the plot twist that Black had an ally (Future Zamasu).
Only certain Vegeta fans cried over 56. It was widely praised everywhere for bringing tension in Super after fans wrote off Black as a weakling since he ‘lost’ to Super Saiyan 2 Goku. To say otherwise is revising history.

And no one but hardcore and delusional Vegeta fans would cry foul if Vegeta gets his shit kicked in by some above a God of Destruction and he doesn’t have UI.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:30 pm

HeroR wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Him losing to Jiren wouldn’t be him being an idiot unless he thinks he can win with force. If he pulls a Kid Buu or just trying to run the clock, it would show him being smart even if Jiren smashes him.
Nah I don’t think “running the clock” would be what he’s aiming for. And I don’t think that would be episode title worthy.

Maybe he sees Jiren as his best option to learn UI like it happened to Goku. Toei might have finally figured out how to stop being idiots and maybe have Jiren bring out the best In Vegeta this episode as well. They’ve made a huge deal about Saiyans this arc, so I’m willing to give them a chance at showing Vegeta in a good light this episode.

Most people expect him to fall out after challenging Jiren, but I’m going to keep my fingers crossed that he lives tonfight another day like Goku, Kale and several others who were “beaten” but were still in the ring.
How i predict the tournament will end:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:36 pm

TheOne wrote:
HeroR wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Nah I don’t think “running the clock” would be what he’s aiming for. And I don’t think that would be episode title worthy.

Maybe he sees Jiren as his best option to learn UI like it happened to Goku. Toei might have finally figured out how to stop being idiots and maybe have Jiren bring out the best In Vegeta this episode as well. They’ve made a huge deal about Saiyans this arc, so I’m willing to give them a chance at showing Vegeta in a good light this episode.

Most people expect him to fall out after challenging Jiren, but I’m going to keep my fingers crossed that he lives tonfight another day like Goku, Kale and several others who were “beaten” but were still in the ring.
Every arc in Super made a big deal out of the Saiyans.

And I don’t see how Vegeta stalking his pride fighting someone he can’t beat, but do it to buy time isn’t given him respect. I mean, that was Hit’s plan and fans thought Hit was mostly done justice given the odds.
Kanassa wrote:

IndieBooToo
Temporarily Banned

Post by IndieBooToo » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:39 pm

HeroR wrote:
sintzu wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote:
Only certain Vegeta fans cried over 56. It was widely praised everywhere for bringing tension in Super after fans wrote off Black as a weakling since he ‘lost’ to Super Saiyan 2 Goku. To say otherwise is revising history.

And no one but hardcore and delusional Vegeta fans would cry foul if Vegeta gets his shit kicked in by some above a God of Destruction and he doesn’t have UI.
These are the same Vegeta fanboys who think he could beat Zeno. You really can't reason with them since they're dead set on thinking Jiren inevitably mopping the floor with the Prince of No One will be Toei giving him "terrible writing" when it's logical that he would get his ass kicked by someone on the level or above GoD.. He's just pulling the same move he did with Kid Buu and trying to give Goku time to recover and get back his UI power again. Once Vegeta is done jobbing and Jiren tosses him out of the ring, then he'll go for the other U7 members after they've dealt with Toppo and Dyspo and eliminate them too saved for a fully restored Goku and Frieza or Gohan. That's how this will all go down.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:51 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:Goku has not been able to beat the main antagonist without an absurd amount of outside help since freeza on namek so expecting him to beat jiren 1 on 1 is not something i would do. They will win by numbers or 2-3 fighters ganging up and eliminating jiren but no way goku beats him in a fair solo fight

edit: just in case people try to dispute that

Quit vs cell cause only gohan could beat him
spirit bomb vs kid buu
lost to beerus
whis had to rewind time vs freeza and yes freeza " cheated" but goku was told DO NOT let your guard down and he did
quit vs hit and was running out of kaioken as it was + if killing was allowed, hit kills him
zeno button vs zamasu
That is so true. Goku hasn't beaten any main villains except for Freeza and Demon King Piccolo. People need to calm down about Goku gets too many wins and whatever they complain about.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:53 pm

IndieBooToo wrote:
HeroR wrote:
sintzu wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote:

These are the same Vegeta fanboys who think he could beat Zeno. You really can't reason with them since they're dead set on thinking Jiren inevitably mopping the floor with the Prince of No One will be Toei giving him "terrible writing" when it's logical that he would get his ass kicked by someone on the level or above GoD.. He's just pulling the same move he did with Kid Buu and trying to give Goku time to recover and get back his UI power again. Once Vegeta is done jobbing and Jiren tosses him out of the ring, then he'll go for the other U7 members after they've dealt with Toppo and Dyspo and eliminate them too saved for a fully restored Goku and Frieza or Gohan. That's how this will all go down.
Vegeta fanboys just need to take their medicine and just watch before you complain about what Super does to Vegeta.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:58 pm

It doesn't make sense that Vegeta's fans dislike Ep. 56 because their favourite character lost to Black. Vegeta was arrogant and overconfident in that particular episode, he underestimated Super Saiyan Rosè and paid dearly for it. That wasn't bad writing. Vegeta brought that upon himself. Besides, Vegeta had his revenge on Black in ep. 63, when he completely overpowered him and avenged the Goku who had his body taken by Zamasu and was killed by Black. He even grabbed Black by the hair and completely humiliated him! Vegeta truly shined in ep. 63.

If Vegeta engages Jiren -alone-, he will lose. It's a simple as that. Jiren is GoD's level, Vegeta is not GoD level, period.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:03 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:It doesn't make sense that Vegeta's fans dislike Ep. 56 because their favourite character lost to Black. Vegeta was arrogant and overconfident in that particular episode, he underestimated Super Saiyan Rosè and paid dearly for it. That wasn't bad writing. Vegeta brought that upon himself. Besides, Vegeta had his revenge on Black in ep. 63, when he completely overpowered him and avenged the Goku who had his body taken by Zamasu and was killed by Black. He even grabbed Black by the hair and completely humiliated him! Vegeta truly shined in ep. 63.

If Vegeta engages Jiren -alone-, he will lose. It's a simple as that. Jiren is GoD's level, Vegeta is not GoD level, period.
Well buddy, as much as i agree with you, take a look at the previous posts. People think vegeta has a chance against a god of destruction, especially a high god of destruction tier being.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:12 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:It doesn't make sense that Vegeta's fans dislike Ep. 56 because their favourite character lost to Black. Vegeta was arrogant and overconfident in that particular episode, he underestimated Super Saiyan Rosè and paid dearly for it. That wasn't bad writing. Vegeta brought that upon himself. Besides, Vegeta had his revenge on Black in ep. 63, when he completely overpowered him and avenged the Goku who had his body taken by Zamasu and was killed by Black. He even grabbed Black by the hair and completely humiliated him! Vegeta truly shined in ep. 63.

I don’t get it either. I’m love Goku, and my favorite epsoides are 57 and 61, and Goku got his ass kicked in those episodes.

However, the problem with 63 for Vegeta is that Black got stronger in 64 and played with Vegeta and Goku with his clones until Future Zamasu got in trouble.

Although, this isn’t all Vegeta fans. Just a small, vocal minority.
Kanassa wrote:

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:44 pm

HeroR wrote:
TheOne wrote:
HeroR wrote:

Every arc in Super made a big deal out of the Saiyans.

And I don’t see how Vegeta stalking his pride fighting someone he can’t beat, but do it to buy time isn’t given him respect. I mean, that was Hit’s plan and fans thought Hit was mostly done justice given the odds.
You can’t tell me that this arc has been showing Saiyans special attention. We even had a random trailer dedicated to the potential of all the Saiyanss and what not. This arc especially has been emphasizing how exceptional the Saiyans are.

He’s putting his pride on the line by not standing by in fear of an unbeatable opponent. What’s he supposed to do, dodge Jiren like Frieza does? That’s the opposite of him as a charachter. He’s meeting the challenge head on and fighting. I’m just hoping something good comes of it.

I know you and I have already spoken about this, but this is mainly for the people who keep talking smack about how stupid Vegeta is being. When its really not. Him and Jiren would have to clash at some point. Would you rather it be because he hunts you down or confront the boogeyman on your own terms?
How i predict the tournament will end:

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:54 pm

I full expect Vegeta to have a respectable performance given who he's fighting. I also hope he proves to have either have a hidden power or gains some power that at least puts him about SSBKKx20. With that said, I'm not really losing sleep if that doesn't happen but I'd be nice if it did.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:11 pm

I expect Vegeta is gonna go down exposing a major flaw in Jiren's armor, like his eyes being a weakness or something (He can still make those blinding fake moons, rihgt? Launch one right at Jiren's face). And then as Vegeta falls out of the ring he calls out to the remaining team members "Alright, I've done the leg work; now go and save the Universe. If you get my Daughter erased, there'll be hell to pay!"
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:15 pm

It will be completely stupid if Vegeta is to face Jiren only out of arrogance and pride. Unlike the other fights (in which he was ladder to Goku), now he knows the power of the opponent he is facing. It does not make sense for him to challenge someone so superior thinking of being '' the best '', it goes against his personality, he never did anything like that (just to make it clear, when Vegeta challenged his enemies, he usually did not know their true power, but now this is different, he saw Jire fight)

If that's the case then this arc will further ruin Vegeta's personality