Super possibly losing its timeslot or going on hiatus in March?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Re: Super possibly losing its timeslot or going on hiatus in March?

Post by precita » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:00 pm

If Super ends the next series will almost definitely be set in EOZ.

Trunks and Goten will be adults and they will likely finally do something with them now that they're older. Goku will be training Uub to reach God level, and as I said I hope Gohan remains relevant. I also think Toei isn't going to ignore Pan forever, you can clearly tell they want to market her again but can't right now since she's a baby.

I fully expect a, "Next Generation" type series if Super goes through a rebranding, Goku will still be around of course, but it's time for the Saiyan offspring to get spotlight.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:41 am

precita wrote:If Super ends the next series will almost definitely be set in EOZ.

Trunks and Goten will be adults and they will likely finally do something with them now that they're older. Goku will be training Uub to reach God level, and as I said I hope Gohan remains relevant. I also think Toei isn't going to ignore Pan forever, you can clearly tell they want to market her again but can't right now since she's a baby.

I fully expect a, "Next Generation" type series if Super goes through a rebranding, Goku will still be around of course, but it's time for the Saiyan to get spotlight.
So,nothing new.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:18 am

A hiatus may not be a bad thing truth be told, as many have pointed out already, it would benefit the production team for sure.
It could also be due to the fact Toriyama Sensei is currently working on the new movie, that he hasn't yet penned the new Super Arc, and thus meaning production on the next arc will begin around Summer, giving them around 9 months (assuming it's a year hiatus) to get the early episodes ready.

Super finishing would be odd, as with these universes not participating in the tournament and not to mention endless possibilities with whatever wish the Super Dragon Balls will be granting to the winners, it seems odd to end it here.
There's also the vast majority of 3-4 years completely empty on the timeline to do whatever they want with.
If it is a hiatus, then at least the dub has a chance to catch up, and that's a good thing.
With Mosako Nozawa voicing the main character in Kitaro, and the BD Box 11 going up to 131, it is entirely possible a hiatus is coming our way.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:52 am

DBZ_Lee wrote:A hiatus may not be a bad thing truth be told, as many have pointed out already, it would benefit the production team for sure.
It could also be due to the fact Toriyama Sensei is currently working on the new movie, that he hasn't yet penned the new Super Arc, and thus meaning production on the next arc will begin around Summer, giving them around 9 months (assuming it's a year hiatus) to get the early episodes ready.

Super finishing would be odd, as with these universes not participating in the tournament and not to mention endless possibilities with whatever wish the Super Dragon Balls will be granting to the winners, it seems odd to end it here.
There's also the vast majority of 3-4 years completely empty on the timeline to do whatever they want with.
If it is a hiatus, then at least the dub has a chance to catch up, and that's a good thing.
With Mosako Nozawa voicing the main character in Kitaro, and the BD Box 11 going up to 131, it is entirely possible a hiatus is coming our way.
If DBS gets another break in February (or two in March) that will be 90% confirmation as right now #131 is scheduled to air March 18th but if there is another break that means #131 will air on March 25th. So the BD Box 11 not being the usual 12 bodes actually bodes well so far and so far DBS is on regular schedule until 4/2/18.

It just seems odd to break here too as they only will have 1 episode to wrap everything up assuming the ToP keeps going 1 min an episode.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:57 am

For the record, Toshio has stated that there will be some focus on Goten and Trunks following the tournament, so use that as you will in factoring your calculations for "cancellation" or hiatus or whatever.
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:14 pm

Li'l Lemmy wrote:For the record, Toshio has stated that there will be some focus on Goten and Trunks following the tournament, so use that as you will in factoring your calculations for "cancellation" or hiatus or whatever.
Where did he state that?
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Onibaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Onibaku » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:26 pm

If that is true then you got me hyped. Can care less about ToP's ending now if we focusing on Goten

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:28 pm

Trunks and Goten will get a filler fighting human poachers on 17's island. I don't think that's anything to get hyped over.

Onibaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Onibaku » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:29 pm

It still means seeing Goten doing some work. That's enough to get me hyped

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:34 pm

If there will be an episode focusing on the kids then I can't wait. I want to see what 18 meant when she said Marron is stronger than she looks.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:01 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:
Li'l Lemmy wrote:For the record, Toshio has stated that there will be some focus on Goten and Trunks following the tournament, so use that as you will in factoring your calculations for "cancellation" or hiatus or whatever.
Where did he state that?
Mind you, this is assuming that toshio916 on Instagram is the same person as @toshio916 on Twitter. Can't see why it wouldn't be.

Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:26 am

Li'l Lemmy wrote:
TheDipDap1234 wrote:
Where did he state that?
Mind you, this is assuming that toshio916 on Instagram is the same person as @toshio916 on Twitter. Can't see why it wouldn't be.

I can't find his account. The only one that I managed to find is a fake Toshio account with 13 posts and 548 followers.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:27 am

TheDipDap1234 wrote:
Li'l Lemmy wrote:
TheDipDap1234 wrote:
Where did he state that?

I can't find his account. The only one that I managed to find is a fake Toshio account with 13 posts and 548 followers.
It looks fake. The english is too good and that profile pic just makes it seem even more fake. I say take it with a grain of salt
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:53 am

Li'l Lemmy wrote:
TheDipDap1234 wrote:
Where did he state that?

This is 1000% fake. There are many apps to create fake Instagram chats. Please don’t spread misinformation like that.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:43 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
DBZ_Lee wrote:A hiatus may not be a bad thing truth be told, as many have pointed out already, it would benefit the production team for sure.

If DBS gets another break in February (or two in March) that will be 90% confirmation as right now #131 is scheduled to air March 18th but if there is another break that means #131 will air on March 25th. So the BD Box 11 not being the usual 12 bodes actually bodes well so far and so far DBS is on regular schedule until 4/2/18.

It just seems odd to break here too as they only will have 1 episode to wrap everything up assuming the ToP keeps going 1 min an episode.
We have to wait and see if it is going to happen or not. I still don't think a break would happen but nothing is impossible.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:44 am

emperior wrote:
Li'l Lemmy wrote:
TheDipDap1234 wrote:
Where did he state that?

This is 1000% fake. There are many apps to create fake Instagram chats. Please don’t spread misinformation like that.
Why do people like to spread misinformation like pretending to be a writer for Super?
Last edited by majinwarman on Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Majinwarman

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:47 am

Hawk9211 wrote:
precita wrote:If Super ends the next series will almost definitely be set in EOZ.

I fully expect a, "Next Generation" type series if Super goes through a rebranding, Goku will still be around of course, but it's time for the Saiyan to get spotlight.
So,nothing new.
People really want this to happen. That could work only if there is a interesting story to it or it will get boring fast.
Majinwarman

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:58 am

majinwarman wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

We have to wait and see if it is going to happen or not. I still don't think a break would happen but nothing is impossible.
We will find out one way or another sometime next month. So until then I'm not gonna worry about it.

Fyi you may want to add multiple quotes to your first post instead of making a new reply every time you do. Helps less clutter threads up that way.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:25 am

majinwarman wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:

So,nothing new.
People really want this to happen. That could work only if there is a interesting story to it or it will get boring fast.
If boruto is anything to go by then it'll be very boring. The best way to use the next generation is alongside the old cast.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:37 am

Not everybody wants a cast replacement to happen. I don't. Dragon Ball's world isn't enough to keep me interested without Goku and friends.

I mean, I'm prepared to quit Super and Kanzenshuu if Super pulls a Boruto since Super's the only reason I stay anymore, but I'd hope Shueisha doesn't do that.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!