Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kinokima
I Live Here

Re: Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Post by Kinokima » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:22 am

Turambar wrote:
Amir wrote:
Asura wrote:I guess one of the few good things I can say about this episode is it gives us shirtless Vegeta?
What about the dialogue between Vegeta and Toppo especially after Toppo mocked Vegeta's saiyan promise? I thought that was awesome.
I think that this is an important part of the episode that people are overlooking as they criticize everything. I have seen Vegeta's character development mocked for weeks in these threads, but this episode really showed who Vegeta is, and should put those arguments to rest.

Don’t worry people will still find a reason to say Vegeta regressed to the Cell arc.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:23 am

If Toppo lasted 3 eps nobody would be complaining. People were just coming off the high of last week.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:25 am

precita wrote:If Toppo lasted 3 eps nobody would be complaining. People were just coming off the high of last week.
Last week's episode was also bad.

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:27 am

Kinokima wrote:
Artorias wrote:
Kinokima wrote:
I think you are missing something crucial in your argument. Yes Vegeta is stronger so the blast is stronger but because he is stronger he doesn’t have to use up all his energy to blast Toppo.

Not to mention he was trying to blast Toppo off the stage not kill him like he tried to do with Buu.

So what Piccolo says actually makes sense because Vegeta is stronger he can handle channeling even more energy. He also didn’t necessarily need to kill himself to just knock Toppo off the stage.

It’s basically the same idea behind the attack it’s just no longer a sacrificial attack. At least that’s how I see it.
"Yes Vegeta is stronger so the blast is stronger but because he is stronger he doesn’t have to use up all his energy to blast Toppo." That point doesn't make any sense to me. If Vegeta is stronger, then the blast should be stronger IN PROPORTION to how strong he is, correct? AND he's doing this to a GOD OF DESTRUCTION level character, Toppo. So why exactly would he survive here, but not in the Buu saga? The entire point of the move is that he's using all of his energy to essentially blow himself up. Again, the blast is stronger this time as well, so his body still shouldn't be able to handle it. It's not like Blue somehow makes you more resilient.

And again, if it's no longer a sacrificial attack, then there is ZERO point in doing the callback and having us sit through that 2 minute flashback. The ENTIRE POINT of the move is that it kills him. That's WHY they inserted the flashback to begin with. The fact that it's "no longer a sacrificial attack" renders the whole attack and scene pointless. Just have him power up and pull off a giant generic explosion, there's no need to callback to the Buu arc suicide at that point.
I don’t get what you are saying! His body can endure more of the blast now than it could before. It was still a massive amount of energy he channeled but he doesn’t have to completely blow himself up to knock Toppo off the stage. That’s all there is to it.

And yeah Toppo has god of destruction power but Vegeta also got a major boost not so long ago.

Yeah I guess they didn’t have to call back to the Buu saga but they wanted to show he was using the same attack. Personally I didn’t mind that because I love the scene and I liked the call back. Although I could have did without the “is he dead” scenes (although I already knew he wasnt).
My dude, you're ignoring the fact that the blast ITSELF also is stronger if his body is stronger. In order to knock an opponent like Toppo out, you need a MUCH stronger blast than the little shit he did in the Buu saga. So, since the blast is stronger, it should do the same damage to his body that it did in the Buu saga. His body IS more resilient, but the attack is also stronger. I don't know how I can be any clearer.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:28 am

Doctor. wrote:
precita wrote:If Toppo lasted 3 eps nobody would be complaining. People were just coming off the high of last week.
Last weeks ep was almost critically acclaimed by everyone, not just here but in other online forums, etc. too. If you didn't like that, that's why I said, maybe you're just outgrowing Dragonball.

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan_black » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:30 am

Hit!! wrote:I'm really surprised at the negativity in this thread!!!
this episode was pure trash nothing to be suprised about

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:31 am

Turambar wrote:
Amir wrote:
Asura wrote:I guess one of the few good things I can say about this episode is it gives us shirtless Vegeta?
What about the dialogue between Vegeta and Toppo especially after Toppo mocked Vegeta's saiyan promise? I thought that was awesome.
I think that this is an important part of the episode that people are overlooking as they criticize everything. I have seen Vegeta's character development mocked for weeks in these threads, but this episode really showed who Vegeta is, and should put those arguments to rest.
I gotta agree with this one, really liked the interaction between Vegeta and Toppo here, maybe Toppo will have a change of heart or something, maybe...

Also, this is just a possibility that came to my mind suddenly, and the chance of it happening is pretty low too. But what if Frieza is actually the last antagonist here? Like he'll remain hidden until Goku defeats Jiren and then do something regarding his plans. The number of remaining episodes is still enough. Especially considering this level of writing and how they can finish pretty big battles in one episode suddenly. 3 episodes for Jiren, 1 for Frieza and then the conclusion, or something like that.
Frieza, Dragon Ball's most iconic villain being the final villain of Super seems like something Toei would do for fanservice.
Last edited by OverHeaven on Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:31 am

precita wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Last weeks ep was almost critically acclaimed by everyone, not just here but in other online forums, etc. too. If you didn't like that, that's why I said, maybe you're just outgrowing Dragonball.
No, I quite enjoyed the Black arc and the BoG movie and still enjoy DB whenever I go back to it. Again, that's a dumb excuse.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:31 am

Artorias wrote:
Kinokima wrote:
Artorias wrote:
"Yes Vegeta is stronger so the blast is stronger but because he is stronger he doesn’t have to use up all his energy to blast Toppo." That point doesn't make any sense to me. If Vegeta is stronger, then the blast should be stronger IN PROPORTION to how strong he is, correct? AND he's doing this to a GOD OF DESTRUCTION level character, Toppo. So why exactly would he survive here, but not in the Buu saga? The entire point of the move is that he's using all of his energy to essentially blow himself up. Again, the blast is stronger this time as well, so his body still shouldn't be able to handle it. It's not like Blue somehow makes you more resilient.

And again, if it's no longer a sacrificial attack, then there is ZERO point in doing the callback and having us sit through that 2 minute flashback. The ENTIRE POINT of the move is that it kills him. That's WHY they inserted the flashback to begin with. The fact that it's "no longer a sacrificial attack" renders the whole attack and scene pointless. Just have him power up and pull off a giant generic explosion, there's no need to callback to the Buu arc suicide at that point.
I don’t get what you are saying! His body can endure more of the blast now than it could before. It was still a massive amount of energy he channeled but he doesn’t have to completely blow himself up to knock Toppo off the stage. That’s all there is to it.

And yeah Toppo has god of destruction power but Vegeta also got a major boost not so long ago.

Yeah I guess they didn’t have to call back to the Buu saga but they wanted to show he was using the same attack. Personally I didn’t mind that because I love the scene and I liked the call back. Although I could have did without the “is he dead” scenes (although I already knew he wasnt).
My dude, you're ignoring the fact that the blast ITSELF also is stronger if his body is stronger. In order to knock an opponent like Toppo out, you need a MUCH stronger blast than the little shit he did in the Buu saga. So, since the blast is stronger, it should do the same damage to his body that it did in the Buu saga. His body IS more resilient, but the attack is also stronger. I don't know how I can be any clearer.

First of all I am not a dude and I am not ignoring anything.

Even if the blast is stronger his body can endure more. We don’t know how strong the blast actually was & we don’t exactly know how much his body can endure. So logically however strong the blast was it was strong enough to knock Toppo off the stage (he didn’t need to completely blow him up) but it wasn’t strong enough to kill him. It’s pretty simple and doesn’t need to be this complicated.

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan_black » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:32 am

Totamo wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:Can we please put this show out of it's misery now? The writing for an end of big anime shouldn't be this bad.
Actually, its incredibly common for the ending of a shonen to be the worst part of the entire show. Fairy tail, bleach, naruto, soul eater and hitman reborn. All of it was straight garbage.
yeah but super was garbage all the way. so its not the same

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:33 am

Turambar wrote:
Asura wrote:
Turambar wrote:Wow. I stayed away the last couple of weeks, expecting this place to be pretty toxic, and came in this week expecting the opposite. My poor expectations.
What's with this talk of being "toxic"? Because people talk about their disdain for an episode that makes it toxic? I never see any of this toxicity that people refer to.
Just my interpretation of the word. I came in here off of a high of what I thought was an appropriately epic episode, and was immediately met with comments that started to slowly drain (poison) my enthusiasm. Vegeta got his first big win, and the only logic hole will occur in the next episode with him being fighting fit again. However, that isn't something that has warranted so much criticism the dozens of other times that it has happened in the tournament.
People being critical of an episode isn't "toxic". There are plenty of people here that have legitimate grievances with, what I think, is a pretty bad episode. I, like many others, felt that the writing was terrible in many places, and couple that with mediocre animation for the most part, and serviceable direction, and you have a pretty mediocre episode.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:35 am

gohan_black wrote:
Totamo wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:Can we please put this show out of it's misery now? The writing for an end of big anime shouldn't be this bad.
Actually, its incredibly common for the ending of a shonen to be the worst part of the entire show. Fairy tail, bleach, naruto, soul eater and hitman reborn. All of it was straight garbage.
You're opinion is your opinion but calling super garbage and having Gohan Black for a profile picture kind of doesn't work.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:36 am

Doctor. wrote:
precita wrote:
Doctor. wrote: Last week's episode was also bad.
No, I quite enjoyed the Black arc and the BoG movie and still enjoy DB whenever I go back to it. Again, that's a dumb excuse.
You told me it was stupid beyond compare.

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan_black » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:36 am

Totamo wrote:
gohan_black wrote:
Totamo wrote: Actually, its incredibly common for the ending of a shonen to be the worst part of the entire show. Fairy tail, bleach, naruto, soul eater and hitman reborn. All of it was straight garbage.
You're opinion is your opinion but calling super garbage and having Gohan Black for a profile picture kind of doesn't work.
I'm a fan of dragon ball and I'm a fan of goku black as a charecter. i loved the goku black arc but thats about it. the TOP arc was a dissaster from start to finish. this is the truth. this show is an emberessment to the legacy of dragon ball now

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:38 am

gohan_black wrote:I'm a fan of dragon ball and I'm a fan of goku black as a charecter. i loved the goku black arc but thats about it. the TOP arc was a dissaster from start to finish. this is the truth. this show is an emberessment to the legacy of dragon ball now
I take it you're referring to DBGT?

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:38 am

Looks like the members here have some problem with Vegeta.

Why complain about something that was going on with Goku several episodes ago?

Since his fight against Jiren, Goku is exhausted. And yet in the next episode he fights back using his transformations. Why did not I see so many people complaining about it?

He also managed to beat Merged Zamasu alone with his Kamehameha. Why do not people complain about it so much?

Only with SSB KK on EP 123, he managed to do a much better fight against Jiren than before.

Anyway, Vegeta is just doing some things that Goku has done to several episodes ago.
I do not know why they complain so much about him simply getting stronger during the fight and overcoming Toppo, this happened to several characters before

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:38 am

Artorias wrote:
Kinokima wrote:
Artorias wrote:

And here the episode tells you that Vegeta has gotten so strong that his body is so resilient that it can withstand pushing itself so hard even though the attack has gotten stronger as well. That's the logic they went with, you might not like it but that's how it works here. The logic is: The stronger you get, the more you call push yourself without dying.
Vegeta in the buu saga was too weak to use a this much energy without dying, but current Vegeta is strong enough to push himself JUST AS HARD without dying.

It would be a flaw if we didn't get any explanation at all, but this explanation doesn't contradict anything, it's just fiction logic. Unlike the kaioken blue explanation which didn't make any sense in DB logic.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:40 am

Totamo wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
precita wrote:
Did I? I thought the last third of the arc was absolutely stupid. Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the first two thirds. I've always held the opinion that the arc started off great (and it's a pretty popular one) so it seems like you probably just misinterpreted what I said.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:41 am

Doctor. wrote:
Totamo wrote:
Doctor. wrote: No, I quite enjoyed the Black arc and the BoG movie and still enjoy DB whenever I go back to it. Again, that's a dumb excuse.
Did I? I thought the last third of the arc was absolutely stupid. Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the first two thirds. I've always held the opinion that the arc started off great (and it's a pretty popular one) so it seems like you probably just misinterpreted what I said.
Yeah, thats what you meant.

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan_black » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:43 am

Freeza9000 wrote:
gohan_black wrote:I'm a fan of dragon ball and I'm a fan of goku black as a charecter. i loved the goku black arc but thats about it. the TOP arc was a dissaster from start to finish. this is the truth. this show is an emberessment to the legacy of dragon ball now
I take it you're referring to DBGT?
no I'm talking about dragon ball super. most of it was trash with the exeption of the goku black arc. super is not over yet but its not hard to estimate its suckness even now