"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:02 am

HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:Can’t believe people are bitching because of spoilers now. This entire thread is people currently bitching. Did it take super ending for people to realize how flawed Super was? If y’all gone this far, might as well sit through the rest. I just enjoy Super for what it is now, a fun, but poorly writen story.
So like the majority of Dragon Ball?
Can’t say. I hVent read the original dragon ball story. I just know some things about it. I started from the Saiyan saga. But a lot of dragon ball is poorly written

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:06 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:Can’t believe people are bitching because of spoilers now. This entire thread is people currently bitching. Did it take super ending for people to realize how flawed Super was? If y’all gone this far, might as well sit through the rest. I just enjoy Super for what it is now, a fun, but poorly writen story.
So like the majority of Dragon Ball?
Can’t say. I hVent read the original dragon ball story. I just know some things about it. I started from the Saiyan saga. But a lot of dragon ball is poorly written
I mean Dragon Ball as a whole. The original Dragon Ball is much better written than all of Z outside of Namek.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:32 am

Whatever wrote:
Michsi wrote:
buutenks wrote:Freeza sub plot? You all who expect some plot twist for Freeza are setting yourselves up for disappointment. Just like people were hoping Gohan would get a new form because he said a sentence in an episode lol.

Freeza was brought in the ToP because he is popular, that whole take over the gods stuff is Toei random BS. And the only reason he will remain till the end, is so that u7 will win due to more numbers or Goku n Jiren will both fall off the ring.

And Super isnt ending with a cliffhanger.
We had no way of knowing whether it was pure Toei fluff or not, it sure as hell seemed pretty important in the episode, when he talked about the gods being manipulable.

Of course Freeza was brought in because he is popular, no one is denying that.
Or because Toriyama wanted him in.
"Toriyama wanted that" could be applied to absolutely everything, but there's usually more to it than that. He says he picks what's fun, but given that he mentioned popularity so many times in his interviews I'd say it's a pretty important factor.

Guesswhoo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Guesswhoo » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:13 am

Dragon ball is "poorly written" ? What does "poorly written" even mean ? That expression comes up whenever a work seems to be unappreciated by Internet folks, as some means of "objective criticism".

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:26 am

I don't know if this has been brought up but Toshio (is that his name ?) is seemingly writing 128 which is Vegeta's last episode so we should get that "cool moment" he was talking about.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:31 am

sintzu wrote:I don't know if this has been brought up but Toshio (is that his name ?) is seemingly writing 128 which is Vegeta's last episode so we should get that "cool moment" he was talking about.
I know. I posted it before but no one saw it apparently.

Expect a great sendoff. And maybe this time Goku has some epiphany about Vegeta

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:49 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
sintzu wrote:I don't know if this has been brought up but Toshio (is that his name ?) is seemingly writing 128 which is Vegeta's last episode so we should get that "cool moment" he was talking about.

The whole "fight with just willpower" sounds amazing. If that's not cool then I don't know what is.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:50 am

From the looks of it,its down to goku and jiren unless they are lying but they would not do that,would they?
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:12 am

Hawk9211 wrote:From the looks of it,its down to goku and jiren unless they are lying but they would not do that,would they?
There seems to have been some misinformation in previous spoilers, so them outright lying would not be surprising.
Still they could just be summarizing what the events are presented as in the episodes themselves, fx if everyone forgets about Freeza, then the show will treat it like Goku and Jiren are the last ones remaining until the reveal that Freeza's still there.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:21 am

dbgtFO wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:From the looks of it,its down to goku and jiren unless they are lying but they would not do that,would they?
There seems to have been some misinformation in previous spoilers, so them outright lying would not be surprising.
They said Jiren and Toppo would team up against Vegeta, something that just lasted for a second.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:22 am

Toei seems to think that Super's viewers have a relatively short attention span. (I'm basing that on things like Toppo abandoning justice twice.) So I think that maybe they're trying to intentionally not say anything about Frieza, pretending like he's not there and hoping people forget about him, until he suddenly appears again in episode 130. It'd be a kind of "Wow! Frieza! We forgot!" moment, except no one actually forgot. But we'll see.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:18 am

Professor Freeza wrote:

Goku will scream "THAT'S MY VEGETA" and power up into Ultra Instinct. :lol:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:28 am

dbgtFO wrote:
Still they could just be summarizing what the events are presented as in the episodes themselves, fx if everyone forgets about Freeza, then the show will treat it like Goku and Jiren are the last ones remaining until the reveal that Freeza's still there.
Thing is, we have two different set of spoilers saying the same thing. Not something that usually happened with misinformation.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:38 am

Kaiosama wrote:But this is Goku's story, so he's going to get all of the main fights and shine.
That is one of the reasons why I'm not excited.
Kaiosama wrote:I don't get why people complain about this.
I read my post a couple of times now and I don't see any complaining. Can you show me where I complained?
Kaiosama wrote:You're just setting yourself up for more disappointment IMO
If I'm not exicted/hyped how can I be disappointed? :eh:
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:53 am

Don't know what people are saying, I'm quite excited to see UI Goku again fight with Jiren at full power, hope it's great animated for this series finale
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:58 am

I'm only interested in how badly Jiren will be buried, at best he will stalemate with MUI Goku.

Yamamuro storyboarding another Vegeta episode + Toshio writing should mean a really good episode, with Goku unlocking UI toward the end of episode 128.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:00 am

jeffbr92 wrote:Don't know what people are saying, I'm quite excited to see UI Goku again fight with Jiren at full power, hope it's great animated for this series finale
Goku vs Beerus, Vegeta vs Freeza, Goku vs Hit & the Saiyan trio vs Zamasu was really well done so I have high expectations that this'll be just as good.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:18 am

HeroR wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
Thing is, we have two different set of spoilers saying the same thing. Not something that usually happened with misinformation.
We had multiple sources about kale and brianne too.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:34 am

Hawk9211 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: There seems to have been some misinformation in previous spoilers, so them outright lying would not be surprising.
What was wrong about Kale and Brianne?

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:51 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
What was wrong about Kale and Brianne?
They were with jiren as characters you should watch out for.Even outside of magazines,Kamikaze fireballs were hyped by el grande padre and liquir.Remember the reactions of kale in her broly debut episode.