"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:00 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Which there is only three people left and he can't sense 17 to teleport. So Jiren can find Goku just by finding whoever's left in the ring and tossing them.

Covering themselves won't do any good once Jiren decides to smashed them, case in point Freeza in this episode.
Goku doesn't need to sense ki to teleport when he can see the place..
Many instances have been there throughout the show..

Attacking Jiren when he isn't suspecting works case in point 17 this episode..
It work so well, wow... not really. That works on anyone, you know, it’s called being of guard.
So what's your point?
Did I say it works on Jiren and Jiren alone?
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:51 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: Goku doesn't need to sense ki to teleport when he can see the place..
Many instances have been there throughout the show..

Attacking Jiren when he isn't suspecting works case in point 17 this episode..
It work so well, wow... not really. That works on anyone, you know, it’s called being of guard.
So what's your point?
Did I say it works on Jiren and Jiren alone?
As far as I read into your posts, you seem to suggest that many things work on jiren. So you tell me...

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:35 am

17 overall treatment in DBS, its a clear proof Pan and Uub also deserve a 2nd chance(if DB anime return).

Not many fans were excited about 17 returning after what GT did to him, and DBS made 17 probably the best support character in the ToP.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:03 am

I still don't get it... Is Jiren wish to erase his past or something like that?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:45 am

Someone on twitter pointed this out. The "ベジータ散る" in episode 128's title was previously used in DBZ episode 237's title, "For Those Whom He Loves… Vegeta Perishes!!" That was the one where he killed himself trying to stop Fat Buu.

I got a really bad feeling about this now... :cry:

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:58 am

If Vegeta is going to die, I hope he dies standing like other badass characters from other mainstream series.

That would be a cool moment.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:29 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Someone on twitter pointed this out. The "ベジータ散る" in episode 128's title was previously used in DBZ episode 237's title, "For Those Whom He Loves… Vegeta Perishes!!" That was the one where he killed himself trying to stop Fat Buu.

I got a really bad feeling about this now... :cry:
Everyone's turning into a kamikaze now.

SirTorra
Beyond Newbie

Post by SirTorra » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:08 pm

There's no real reason for Vegeta to kill himself. That would be the most idiotic thing to do. Simply waste time. 2 minutes and you win. Have goku spam instant transmission and Vegeta just run like crazy. And hope Jiren forgets about frieza.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:55 pm

SirTorra wrote:There's no real reason for Vegeta to kill himself. That would be the most idiotic thing to do. Simply waste time. 2 minutes and you win. Have goku spam instant transmission and Vegeta just run like crazy. And hope Jiren forgets about frieza.
They don't care about their universe's survival right now. They care about beating Jiren. Goku will not be satisfied if he wins like this and neither will Vegeta.

They are saiyans, did the Cell saga tell you nothing?!

darzap
Beyond Newbie

Post by darzap » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:00 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:I still don't get it... Is Jiren wish to erase his past or something like that?
He wouldn't need the Dragon Balls for that, ask Goku, it's sufficient so get a really hard blow to the head.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:04 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Jiren backstory resembles Nagatos from Naruto, just noticed it.

Parents get killed.
Tries to get stronger to stop the weak from being oppressed.
Group of friends band together to stop evil.
His friends still die.
Now believes strength is the only way to achieve his goal.
I still like Jiren's past even though it has been done before.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:16 pm

I have a feeling that the next episodes will have a 1 minute flash back of jirens past. So maybe next episode we will find out who this evil doer is and what his whereabouts are, and the next after that could be finally revealing jirens wish

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:53 pm

If they’re so concerned about knocking Jiren out, why doesn’t Goku sacrifice himself and just instant transmission him and Jiren into the bleachers?

I guess it wouldn’t be the “Saiyan” thing to do lol.

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:05 pm

TheOtherDude wrote:If they’re so concerned about knocking Jiren out, why doesn’t Goku sacrifice himself and just instant transmission him and Jiren into the bleachers?

Goku is more interested in fighting than the fate of his universe to do something as practical as that.

Or.. Jiren is just too hard to touch for the time required for him to focus and use the technique.

But yeah, there are many ways they could probably win at this point than defeating Jiren. It can't be too hard to just run away for two minutes, not for Goku or Vegeta.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:02 pm

GamerSkull wrote:
TheOtherDude wrote:If they’re so concerned about knocking Jiren out, why doesn’t Goku sacrifice himself and just instant transmission him and Jiren into the bleachers?

Goku is more interested in fighting than the fate of his universe to do something as practical as that.

Or.. Jiren is just too hard to touch for the time required for him to focus and use the technique.

But yeah, there are many ways they could probably win at this point than defeating Jiren. It can't be too hard to just run away for two minutes, not for Goku or Vegeta.
We saw Goku hold back Jiren so that Vegeta could hit him with a Final Flash, so they could do the same thing to let Goku use IT on Jiren as long as Jiren continues to hold back. Though they would never do this because Goku wouldn't want to win that way and the writers wouldn't want them to win that way.

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:12 pm

GamerSkull wrote:

It was meant as a joke. Didn’t think I’d get a real response.

I guess it really is hard to decipher jokes online

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:17 pm

TheOtherDude wrote:
GamerSkull wrote:

It was meant as a joke. Didn’t think I’d get a real response.

I guess it really is hard to decipher jokes online
LOL my bad. How embarrassing. :lol:

But it is still weird to think how easy it would be to win if they weren't addicted to fighting.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:08 am

I know this is a stretch, and I might be completely wrong, but geekdom101, the popular DB tuber, has some insider info and even if he can't disclose his information for obvious reasons, sometimes from his videos it's possible to extrapolate some information from what he says.
He said he already knew about the movie months before it got announced, and he also made some video-theory about a "possible upcoming movie" when the only info we had was that a domain was registered for a 2018 movie. I know he makes videos about almost everything, which is why what I'm about to say may be completely wrong and I may be trying to find true information out of pure speculation.

So, back to my stretch, I believe geekdom has got information on Super's ending and the movie, and in a video he recently uploaded, he seems to be quite sure that Super won't be ending on a cliffhanger, and he suggests it will connect to EoZ. He also says the new movie will "probably" be a different story. We already know it will be about Saiyans' origins so it's safe to assume it won't be centered about Goku and co., who might not even appear at all.

TL;DR: Theory is that Super won't be ending on a cliffhanger and its ending will connect to EoZ. Upcoming movie will be a different story and won't be about Goku.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:13 am

emperior wrote:I know this is a stretch, and I might be completely wrong, but geekdom101, the popular DB tuber, has some insider info and even if he can't disclose his information for obvious reasons, sometimes from his videos it's possible to extrapolate some information from what he says.
He said he already knew about the movie months before it got announced, and he also made some video-theory about a "possible upcoming movie" when the only info we had was that a domain was registered for a 2018 movie. I know he makes videos about almost everything, which is why what I'm about to say may be completely wrong and I may be trying to find true information out of pure speculation.

So, back to my stretch, I believe geekdom has got information on Super's ending and the movie, and in a video he recently uploaded, he seems to be quite sure that Super won't be ending on a cliffhanger, and he suggests it will connect to EoZ. He also says the new movie will "probably" be a different story. We already know it will be about Saiyans' origins so it's safe to assume it won't be centered about Goku and co., who might not even appear at all.

TL;DR: Theory is that Super won't be ending on a cliffhanger and its ending will connect to EoZ. Upcoming movie will be a different story and won't be about Goku.

Geekdom has got shit. The arse is a giant egoistic con man. Have you ever seen his ego work against other Youtubers who he isnt friends with? Is he the messiah? He ALWAYS BS's people and says he doesnt.

Carefully analyze his NEP Videos. He knows Jackshit. Always says wrong stuffs.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:15 am

emperior wrote:I know this is a stretch, and I might be completely wrong, but geekdom101, the popular DB tuber, has some insider info and even if he can't disclose his information for obvious reasons, sometimes from his videos it's possible to extrapolate some information from what he says.

You don't have to have inside info to speculate about that as everyone here has been saying the same thing.

I could make a video saying "my sources" tell me Vegeta will have a major role in the movie then go on about it when it happens. No shit he's going to have a major role, you don't need a "source" to tell you that.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.