"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by OverHeaven » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:43 pm

Another problem with Goku not defeating Jiren is that the whole plotline with trusting friends and Jiren's backstory is meaningless now.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:43 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:I don't think it's over yet with Goku. Why would he and Jiren think the fight isn't over if Freeza being there is a big surprise? If they both knew it wasn't over, then shouldn't Jiren be more prepared for Freeza rather than be caught off guard? Though that's just some speculation on my part. The previews aren't always 100 percent accurate anyways. I'd rather Freeza give an opening for Goku rather than Jiren and Freeza be the final two. Though if that is the case either time just runs out then, or Jiren really should just crush Freeza in a millisecond.

But maybe.....MAYBE....this is all a call back the best arc evar! RESURRECTION F. Freeza uses the power of Sorbet to mortally wound Jiren and then throw him out.
What I took from that is that they look at the Zen'ous because the tournament was supposed to have ended but they don't act like it, which is when Freeza attacks.

I do think this summary is a bit weirdly written so I'm not gonna believe it yet.

thegamer23
Beyond Newbie

Post by thegamer23 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:46 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
thegamer23 wrote:They don't say explicit say that Goku is eliminated, tho, even if likely.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
First line - Son Goku was fallen from the arena.
Unless they conveniently change the rules in the last episode, he's out.
"Goku & Jiren stare at Omni King as if the match isn't over yet"

dunno! this sounds like they're still together

Agree, it's strangely written.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:47 pm

I am happy Freeza is probably winning the tournament. I was afraid he was going to be used just for a silly gag at the end, but it doesn't seem to be the case. Goku losing once again is quite disappointing though, I was hoping he could finally win a main battle with some little twists like it happened way back in the 23rd Budokai. But it looks like this will feel more like a 22nd Budokai Tenkaichi where Goku and Tenshinan were completely on-par and Goku lost because he got unlucky.
I'm definitely curious to see how Goku will fall off the arena.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:47 pm

Michsi wrote:Plot twist - it's actually #17. Freeza is still MIA.
Death Beam kills this theory.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Husig

Post by Husig » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:49 pm

Jiren was also fallen from arena in ep 123.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:49 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:I don't think it's over yet with Goku. Why would he and Jiren think the fight isn't over if Freeza being there is a big surprise? If they both knew it wasn't over, then shouldn't Jiren be more prepared for Freeza rather than be caught off guard? Though that's just some speculation on my part. The previews aren't always 100 percent accurate anyways. I'd rather Freeza give an opening for Goku rather than Jiren and Freeza be the final two. Though if that is the case either time just runs out then, or Jiren really should just crush Freeza in a millisecond.

But maybe.....MAYBE....this is all a call back the best arc evar! RESURRECTION F. Freeza uses the power of Sorbet to mortally wound Jiren and then throw him out.
What I took from that is that they look at the Zen'ous because the tournament was supposed to have ended but they don't act like it, which is when Freeza attacks.

I do think this summary is a bit weirdly written so I'm not gonna believe it yet.
That's exactly what was meant. GogetaXV posted another translation and that's how he worded it.

https://twitter.com/GovetaXV/status/971 ... 7410627584

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:49 pm

emperior wrote:I am happy Freeza is probably winning the tournament. I was afraid he was going to be used just for a silly gag at the end, but it doesn't seem to be the case. Goku losing once again is quite disappointing though, I was hoping he could finally win a main battle with some little twists like it happened way back in the 23rd Budokai. But it looks like this will feel more like a 22nd Budokai Tenkaichi where Goku and Tenshinan were completely on-par and Goku lost because he got unlucky.
I'm definitely curious to see how Goku will fall off the arena.
In the manga, the Tien vs Goku fight was far more one-sided in Goku’s favor. The anime made them look more even.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:49 pm

thegamer23 wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:
thegamer23 wrote:They don't say explicit say that Goku is eliminated, tho, even if likely.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
First line - Son Goku was fallen from the arena.
Unless they conveniently change the rules in the last episode, he's out.
"Goku & Jiren stare at Omni King as if the match isn't over yet"

dunno! this sounds like they're still together

Agree, it's strangely written.
Goku could stare from the sidelines but I think the more likely thing is that Goku fell but managed to grab onto something and stay in the ring. Or he was looking as he fell but before he got a ring out time ran out which ended with u7 winning for Goku and Freeza still being in the ring, even though Goku was falling.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:51 pm

Birusu16 wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:

That's exactly what was meant. GogetaXV posted another translation and that's how he worded it.

Here’s the thing, Herms is s better translator than GogetaXV.
Kanassa wrote:

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:51 pm

Plot Twist: Its Cooler. Or Golden Cell.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:52 pm

It’s annoying for it to end like this. I was only speaking to somebody the other day saying that it seems normal for Goku to lose now, and now it’s been confirmed. I’m not even a Goku fan, but I still would like to see him win an important fight outright again.
I mean It could just be him getting blasted back and having no platform below him, as MUI seems to find ways to block or dodge, but maybe UI can be defeated outright by somebody who isn’t a user, either way we’ll find out soon.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:52 pm

HeroR wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:
alakazam^ wrote: What I took from that is that they look at the Zen'ous because the tournament was supposed to have ended but they don't act like it, which is when Freeza attacks.

Here’s the thing, Herms is s better translator than GogetaXV.
Obviously, but I'm pretty sure that's what they mean in the summary. Herms just worded it in a weird way or the spoiler itself is just worded in a weird way.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:53 pm

HeroR wrote:
Michsi wrote:Plot twist - it's actually #17. Freeza is still MIA.
Death Beam kills this theory.
Is that the name of Freeza's laser attack? I've actually never checked if his finger beam thing has a name.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:54 pm

alakazam^ wrote:

Yeah, it’s not confusing at all. Gokus out. They waiting to see their fate, freeza happens

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:55 pm

Birusu16 wrote:I absolutely love this. So many Goku fans were on their high horses for the past several weeks and to see him still lose to a normal guy despite all these asspull power-ups is amazing.

Thank you Toei/Toriyama. :D
What are you talking about? Everyone knew Freeza was still in so most bet it was Freeza playing some "not so unexpected" winning role.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:56 pm

I think that, depending on how this plays out... I'm done with modern Dragon Ball.

I'll stick around for the movie later this year though.

There is the off-chance it will be portrayed better once the actual episode drops though.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:02 pm

What the hell is even the point of Ultra Instinct if it can't even win the the one fight it has?

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:04 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:What the hell is even the point of Ultra Instinct if it can't even win the the one fight it has?
We have yet to see the battle. It might be enough for Jiren just that things were not so simple. It is not like Roshi won his fight against Goku in the tournament because he was so much better or stronger, same for Tenshinhan.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:04 pm

Even Whis said in the manga to Vegeta; if you have MUI you will be able to take on any enemy. Guess the manga is also wrong or Goku loses his MUI ability?

Btw it was also shown in the episode preview of 128 that Goku got hit by Jiren's beam but in the real episode Goku blocked that shit. Sooooo....