Complete BT3 Info and Discussion Thread [UPDATED 10/02/07]

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Brad Redfield
Regular

Post by Brad Redfield » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:58 pm

I just got the game as well...so if you have a GameStop/EBGames near you, call them. They should have it. :?

EDIT:

I've sat down and played it for a bit...and youch. What happened here? The controls are wonky (whats up with the Smash attack being assigned to motion controls? They were fine with just the "A + Control Stick" in Neo.) and Online...uh...that can be summed up in one word:

LAG.

What's up with the manual? It says I can customize my controls but all I get is either "Normal" or "Simple" options, no "Custom" option like it says in the book. :?

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:20 pm

I'd just play with a gamecube controller if I were you guys.
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:46 am

Another good amount of special dialogue, this time, they really improved in the little things. And unimproved on the big things... All the Ginyu Force quote with Great Saiyaman was very funny. Roshi and Chi Chi was good too. But the Zarbon Transformed vs Freeza...

Freeza: Oh my, you really let yourself go.

Zarbon Transformed: Freeza, your mine now!

:shock: Sure Zarbon...
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:37 am

Yeah, I had to switch to GameCube because I just could not pull off Goku's one-handed Genki Dama.

Nice touch: If Piccolo is in a tournament, he's listed as Majunior.
Trunks & Goten forever

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:54 am

Thanos6 wrote:Yeah, I had to switch to GameCube because I just could not pull off Goku's one-handed Genki Dama.

Nice touch: If Piccolo is in a tournament, he's listed as Majunior.
Supreme Kai is also called Shin in tournaments too.

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:28 am

Here's some special post battle dialogue. At the first of the video he put some more pre-battle dialogue that he forgot before.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YoQRXZwg3Vg
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:54 am

"You lose baby" xDDD lol.

kaioken12
Beyond Newbie

Post by kaioken12 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:11 am

At a friend's I yesterday noticed that they still not fixed some voice bugs!!
For example Gohan (Adult) normal and his Ultimate (Kamehameha).

Like before he has the same stupid bug (english version) with only saying "KAMEHAME" when he shoots (instead of the normal "KAMEHAME" before and "HA" while shooting).

I mean, how can you possibly miss that for 2 or 3 games in a row? O_O"

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:33 pm

Having flipped through the booklet, I can't help but notice that in the credits section, Brice Armstrong--the guy who does Ginyu and Slug--is listed as also playing Arale's father, Senbei (or as they spell it, Senbi). *smacks forehead*

Though at least they gave both of them their full names, points for that, I really was not expecting to see "Norimaki."
Trunks & Goten forever

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:22 pm

Thanos6 wrote:Having flipped through the booklet, I can't help but notice that in the credits section, Brice Armstrong--the guy who does Ginyu and Slug--is listed as also playing Arale's father, Senbei (or as they spell it, Senbi). *smacks forehead*

Though at least they gave both of them their full names, points for that, I really was not expecting to see "Norimaki."
Brice Armstrong was Senbei, huh? That's pretty neat. However, out of curiosity, who is it that plays Arale?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:03 pm

SaiyamanMS wrote:However, out of curiosity, who is it that plays Arale?
GameFAQs says it's Brina Palencia.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:22 pm

Yajirobe's dialog to Piccolo Daimao FTW.

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:01 pm

I'd say Dragon Sim is FUCKING BROKEN.

As Goku Mid, with relative ease I was able to sustain max stats until the bout with Super Perfect Cell, in which I was reduced to 3 attack and 7 defense.

Same happened with Ultimate Gohan, except on Perfect Cell, and with SSJ4 Vegeta, except it was on the first fight, in which I had 0 attack and defense.

It's a broken piece of shit. After training once, ever, any other kind of training drops your stats, and Bulma appears way too fucking often, and I don't give two shits about Mission 100, and don't want anything for it. It's like trading aids for syphilis.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:51 pm

Dragon Sim is pretty crappy but I suppose once you have done it a few times and unlocked all of mission 100 you don't really need to do it again, Unless you need the money that is :lol:

Personally I cheated for the Z Points to enable all slots and buy all items in shop and could easily cheat for the rest of the items that aren’t in the shop but I’m gonna earn those through finishing the BT1&2 tasks and do 50 missions.

Sasuke_Chidori
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sasuke_Chidori » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:55 pm

I picked up my copy from Gamestop this morning. (I've had it preordered for 2-3 months.)

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/ ... C02892.jpg

My camera is horrible, but that should be good enough. Anyways, the Wii+nunchuk controls are pretty confusing as many of you previously mentioned..I'm starting to get the hang of the controls, but I'm going to try out the GC/Classic Controllers later. Story mode is pretty boring. Other than that, I don't really have a problem with the game. They added a ton of new costumes, characters, levels, and wi-fi. It's pretty solid.
PLAY B3YOND.

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:06 am

And yet somehow neglected to give Cell/Buu Vegeta or Mirai Trunks anything but palette swaps, and left little Trunks with that horrendous orange gi for his alternate. *shakes head*
Trunks & Goten forever

Smooth Criminal
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smooth Criminal » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:31 am

Finally picked up the American version. (Have been playing the JP version for over like 2 months almost)

The translation is pretty fucked. There are spelling and grammar errors all over the place. But at least now I'll know what Chi Chi is saying in the Encyclopedia section. ;) Funny stuff.

One other thing I noticed, in the character section for BT2, both the English and Japanese voice actors are listed for each character. But in BT3, only the English Voice Actor is listed. Hm. Kind of a smack in the face.

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:12 am

Heh. Last night, the first round of Goku/Freeza in story mode was giving me absolute fits. Could barely touch him at all.

Tonight? I just absolutely thrashed him, first try. He didn't even take off a whole bar of life from me and I never even triggered a cutscene...didn't even bother with the Genki Dama...heh...weird.
Trunks & Goten forever

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:17 am

Smooth Criminal wrote: One other thing I noticed, in the character section for BT2, both the English and Japanese voice actors are listed for each character. But in BT3, only the English Voice Actor is listed. Hm. Kind of a smack in the face.
Yet, they did take the time to list the Japanese voice actors in Tenkaichi 3's instruction booklet, which Tenkaichi 2 didn't do.

FindKenshi
Advanced Regular

Post by FindKenshi » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:45 am

Has anyone discovered the super broken move "Blazing Storm" that "Syn Shenron" has? His version is quite different from Nappa's "Blazing Storm". I think this move could be exploited to GREAT use in online play, especially due to the lag issue. It's harder then hell to avoid legitly, during a laggy battle? You don't have a snowball's chance in hell to even begin dreaming that you can dodge this move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGsxOSlkw7k

This video was capped by me playing on very strong against 5 custom CPU. I was playing with my ps2 hooked directly into my capture card, along with writing the battle to my harddisk as I played it. Needless to say, the controls vs video display was quite lagged, and still I pulled that off without any kind of real effort. Broken move = king of the game.

Really wish I had a wii. Someone with wifii give syn shenron ki power + 3, Lunch's support, and then the one Evil-Type blue potora that gives super+3 and attack -2 or w/e. That setup and just spam blazing storms. LOL I bet anything you dominate any vs human online match.