"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:37 pm

Boy, movie news went from 0 to 100 in a real hurry. :lol:

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:40 pm

I really wish we were told this information right when they said DBS was 'ending'. Lots of weird discussions.
Feels over Reals.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:44 pm

But super anime is ending in fact. Super will come back with the movie.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:45 pm

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Torturephile wrote: Call me evil, but I think that would be hilarious. Just watching the astronomical levels of rage from fans that would surface as a result of U7 losing, Goten evaporating, Beerus crying while Whis flips him off, GT theme song playing as it all happens, etc. That would make my year.
I wouldn’t like seeing Goten being erased but otherwise I totally agree. It would be absolutely hilarious.
So people now more care about "hahaha triggered hilarious" then actual good satisfying endings/good writing? That makes me sad.

First of all, if that ending happened, how do you even know it would trigger people? Why do you think they would be triggered over that ending?

Personally, I think it would be just as hilarious if this didn't happen, and that in turn "triggered" those people lol. How about that: )

Let's just enjoy Super: )

Just 2 more episodes left boys.

I really hope the ending spoilers were just red hearings to mislead.

Imagine if they were - and Goku does defeat Jiren? That would be the greatest happiest surprise ever!

I wouldn't put it past Toriyama/Toei to troll in reverse like this lol. Toriyama/Toei are always a step ahead of everyone else.

It was all planned. They reveal misleading spoilers. Every one is up in arms and complaining....while Toriyama/Toei are just sitting there...."oh you think Goku is going to lose now...how cute...just sit back and wait for what we have in store for you...Goku's victory will now come as even more as a surprise"

That because of the disappointment of the ending spoilers, everyone bursts into joy when Goku actually wins

Well played Toriyama/Toei: ) Well played indeed you glorious trolls
Because I care so little about Super that a troll ending would actually be so bad it’s great.

And weren’t you the one who were just talking about how you weren’t going to watch 130 and 131 because MUI loses?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:46 pm

Legion wrote:But super anime is ending in fact. Super will come back with the movie.
Toriyama saying "For the time being" seems to imply that Super will come back to TV.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:48 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Legion wrote:But super anime is ending in fact. Super will come back with the movie.
Toriyama saying "For the time being" seems to imply that Super will come back to TV.
What you said is what legion said lol

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:51 pm

With this little tibit of info though, it makes me curious about Supers ending. Since this movie apparently takes place after the TOP, it makes me wonder if it actually will end on a cliffhanger. It also makes me think about how Freeza comes into play in all of this...

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:52 pm

Why do people believe that 131 is misleading?

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:54 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Yeah,with the movie. The same movie that will follow the anime events.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:58 pm

Legion wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
Yeah,with the movie. The same movie that will follow the anime events.
The comment is about the TV anime, not just Super as an IP.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:04 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
I wouldn’t like seeing Goten being erased but otherwise I totally agree. It would be absolutely hilarious.
So people now more care about "hahaha triggered hilarious" then actual good satisfying endings/good writing? That makes me sad.

First of all, if that ending happened, how do you even know it would trigger people? Why do you think they would be triggered over that ending?

Personally, I think it would be just as hilarious if this didn't happen, and that in turn "triggered" those people lol. How about that: )

Let's just enjoy Super: )

Just 2 more episodes left boys.

I really hope the ending spoilers were just red hearings to mislead.

Imagine if they were - and Goku does defeat Jiren? That would be the greatest happiest surprise ever!

I wouldn't put it past Toriyama/Toei to troll in reverse like this lol. Toriyama/Toei are always a step ahead of everyone else.

It was all planned. They reveal misleading spoilers. Every one is up in arms and complaining....while Toriyama/Toei are just sitting there...."oh you think Goku is going to lose now...how cute...just sit back and wait for what we have in store for you...Goku's victory will now come as even more as a surprise"

That because of the disappointment of the ending spoilers, everyone bursts into joy when Goku actually wins

Well played Toriyama/Toei: ) Well played indeed you glorious trolls
Because I care so little about Super that a troll ending would actually be so bad it’s great.

And weren’t you the one who were just talking about how you weren’t going to watch 130 and 131 because MUI loses?
But that's not any kind of witty or creative "troll ending" IMO

So basically, "people getting triggered" is more important to you then a satisfying good ending?

Are you even sure that that ending would "troll" or "trigger?"

Also, it's kind of funny. All you do is post about how much you hate Super and how little you care about it, yet why are you still watching Super weekly and posting about it weekly? No one is forcing you to watch. Why continue to watch something you hate? I just don't get that.

I was disappointed about the ending and initially said I wouldn't watch. I don't watch - and continue to invest my time into things I hate: )

Ultimately I'm a positive person in general and I'm going to wait until the episode airs until I make any final judgements. The arc deserves that after how great it has been up to 129. I'm hoping for the best: )

Plus the new news about the movie is awesome and has me hyped.

Why are you still in here if you don't care? Something about Super excites you, and has you continually coming back, am I right: )
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:11 pm

Just noticed that if Freeza gets his wish, then 17 will remain dead.....

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:19 pm

People are taking the information out of content. It says that there will be information shed about things that were unexplored about the Saiyans and freeza, not that it’s about freeza being the main antagonist.

That will lead to a long awaited mighty opponent, probably beerus.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:20 pm

Doctor. wrote:Freeza reveals that Beerus was the one who ordered planet Vegeta's destruction and that causes a rift between him and the Saiyans.
Vegeta only, Goku doesn't seem much to care about his home world destruction.
BlueBasilisk wrote:A long awaited formidable opponent? Who on earth could that be? :think:
伝説の超サイヤ人ブロリー。
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:20 pm

I say beerus due to the fact that he has to do with freeza and the Saiyans destruction

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:34 pm

"a mighty foe saved for the occasion"... :think:

Inb4: it's the white haired villain from the interview!!!

Seriously tho, I think this means Freeza really will be revived leading to more cool interactions between him and the Saiyans.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:45 pm

[quote=“ZenkaiBoosts”]

But that's not any kind of witty or creative "troll ending" IMO

So basically, "people getting triggered" is more important to you then a satisfying good ending?

Are you even sure that that ending would "troll" or "trigger?"

Also, it's kind of funny. All you do is post about how much you hate Super and how little you care about it, yet why are you still watching Super weekly and posting about it weekly? No one is forcing you to watch. Why continue to watch something you hate? I just don't get that.

I was disappointed about the ending and initially said I wouldn't watch. I don't watch - and continue to invest my time into things I hate: )

Ultimately I'm a positive person in general and I'm going to wait until the episode airs until I make any final judgements. The arc deserves that after how great it has been up to 129. I'm hoping for the best: )

Plus the new news about the movie is awesome and has me hyped.

Why are you still in here if you don't care? Something about Super excites you, and has you continually coming back, am I right: )[/quote]

Where did I say anyone would get triggered? I just thought it would be funny if they trolled us again like they trolled us with Zamasu.

And excuse me? Considering you’re the one who threw a fit when UI was said to lose after going on about it being the best thing to ever happen, you sounded more mad than anyone else.

Also you must have me confused with someone else if you think “all I do is hate on Super.” I praise Super when it does good, and criticize it when it does bad. Criticism is not hate. I’m just really not invested at all. I merely
want to see what happens.
Last edited by Dbzfan94 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:51 pm

"After recovering from Jiren's attack and seeing Son Goku being eliminated Frieza gets back on his feet, all bruised , and fires a death beam at Jiren which in his damaged state hurts him quite a lot. Taking advantage of Jiren's current state, Frieza utilises all his power and hits Jiren with a death ball which knocks him off. Frieza being the last warrior standing is declared the winner of the tournament of power."

Well that confirms it, I mean its on my wiki page so it must be true :wink:. http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Frieza

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:55 pm

If the opponent is Beerus than we will know that he is as strong as or stronger than UI Goku and SSE Vegeta, Antagonists don't go down easy no how much power the main cast gets :lol:

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:04 pm

Really hoping the movie is half flashback and half present.