Dragonball Z "Live Action" Movie??

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:36 pm

Here here! Otherwise we'd all be talking at Pokemon and Inu Yasha forums right now. :lol:
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:50 pm

I was definitely into to DB before it's popularity hit. And anyway why can't I enjoy my DB and my Escaflowne or Cowby Bebop at the same time? What's wrong with that? That's why I stopped reading Animerica, although they do a good job, they're some of the biggest anime snobs at times. The other reason being that you tend to evolve beyond the magazine after a couple of years. I just stick with Protoculture Addicts. And hey they're Canadian! Not that that really matters. And don't be hard on Inu-Yasha and Pokemon. I especially have affection Pokemon.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:27 am

I used to like the Pokemon anime, atleast the first 2 seasons. But really after that, it just got pretty stupid. It really is just a cheap marketing tool to sell their merchandise & video games.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:31 am

I agree with you Dues that after about 150 episodes, it definitely becomes rehashing and it is a lot about marketing. But I find that at least Pokemon has both strong male and female characters and actually teaches nice morals. :)

Manga Ka Kyo!
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Manga Ka Kyo! » Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:59 am

My only hope is if and when the dbz movie is made it might spur a new toei anime, since there maybe a market for it. I WANT MORE!!! DRAGONBALL!!! I've seen it all but the last 3 GT episodes and I CAN'T GET ENOUGH!!! :wink:
But I'm not doing jumping jacks over this movie....i saw the live action.......Street Fighter :cry:
CHA-LA HEAD CHA-LA!!!!!!
http://animekick.50megs.com/

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:19 am

The Street Fighter movie, along with Double Dragon, that was just plain "wrong". :?

Manga Ka Kyo!
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Manga Ka Kyo! » Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:29 am

Yeah, those were all over the place. Thank God For Street Fighter 2 V....Thanks God! 8)
CHA-LA HEAD CHA-LA!!!!!!

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:37 am

I just remembered, Super Mario Bros.! That was really, really wrong! :P

Manga Ka Kyo!
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Manga Ka Kyo! » Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:59 am

Thank goodness we had Lou Albano's cartoon/live action Mario to cleans our palets with. DO THE MARIO!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) JUST LIKE THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!
CHA-LA HEAD CHA-LA!!!!!!

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:05 pm

Street Fighter 2 V just kept stretching the plot after about volume 3 or 4. Street Fighter Alpha and Street Fighter 2 the movies! Now THOSE were some good SF animes!

OOH! OHH! How about Final Fantasy and Dungeons and Dragons? :D
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:16 pm

Wait, wait... you DIDN'T like Street Fighter II V, but you DID like Street Fighter Zero/Alpha... ?

W... T... F...?!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:32 pm

Point. What am I saying I like the last 15 second scene of Ryu vs Akuma better than 3-4 whole volumes of SFV?? :? Oh well. I got SF Alpha for free so... :twisted:

Manga Ka Kyo!
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Manga Ka Kyo! » Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:48 pm

I'm the only one who like the Final Fantasy movie :cry: i didn't see D and D. I really like the Street Fighter Anime Movies, I havent seen Alpha, but I really love V and Street Fighter 2! I'd give V the edge though.

Anyone ever see the REAL live action Dragonball movie from Hong Kong, Dragonball The Magic Begins. I bet I'm the only one here who likes that. (Curls into fetal possition a waiting blows) I loved it, it was a little different but the spirit was there and the music was there. It just wasnt a total adaptation of Dragonball, but
I didnt see Toei's name anywhere, or Tori's so I think they had to stretch it a little for legal reasons maybe. They couldn't even say Dragonballs it was Dragon Pearls. But all the Dragonball fun was there, and the music was great, and the story was fun.
CHA-LA HEAD CHA-LA!!!!!!

Rockman

Post by Rockman » Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:05 pm

Regardless of how many people do not like a particular movie or series, there are always a few that will like it, so don't worry about it. I haven't really seen the whole Final Fantasy movie from start to finish. I have only seen a few parts. I'm just not interested in seeing it.

As for the live Dragon Ball movie, I haven't seen that either, but I will see if I can find information and pictures on it, and post them here.

johnnyboy

Post by johnnyboy » Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:32 pm

Ah Manga Ka Kyo!, you like CHA-LA HEAD CHA-LA too!!! That song cracks me up. But anyways... yes I agree with most of you that the DBZ movie will kind of ruin things for Dragonball Z. The only thing I can hope for is that the actors get the characters down well. I mean it's hard to believe Goldberg sits down and watches DBZ every night.... lol. But hey if it does come out I'll have to see it because it IS Dragonball Z.

Manga Ka Kyo!
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Manga Ka Kyo! » Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:51 pm

Yeah, Cha La is awsome on every consevable level!!! Lyrics, Music, and Sound!!! It' the best!

I have some info. on Dragonball the magic begins, I've seen it. It's about Goku (called monkey boy) trying to resuce Gohan (Grandfather, who is alive) from a villian named King Horn (like an evil serious Pilaf). Bulma, Oolong (a chubby Chineese guy), Yamcha, Kame Sennin and Puar (a parrot in this movie, and all the charcters have generic names) help goku beat king horn and get the Dragon Pearls. The High flying kung fu and energetic Chineese pop music is awsome! Some may laugh at the speacil effects, but they get the job done :wink:

Check international channels web site, its on there sometimes durring their kung fu movie blocks. thats where i saw it.

heres an idiotic review for it, but you can hear some of the movies music, and see pictures.

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/dragonball/

heres some info

http://www.playcentric.com/DVD/product.asp?
product_id=D_O_CHVTS7509012_601643750941&dept_id=1004&CY=USD&referid=CJC&AID=10298644&PID=409138&SID=DVDMOVIESALE-D_O_CHVTS7509012_601643750941
CHA-LA HEAD CHA-LA!!!!!!

Pirate Hunter

Post by Pirate Hunter » Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:59 pm

I read on the IMDb that people think that Brandon Lee, the guy from "The Crow", would be a good actor for the part of Goku if the movie would be made. Do any of you think that if he was still alive today he would a good actor for this movie?

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:30 pm

Nah, Brandon Lee would've made a better Mystic Gohan. I could just see him jumping at that role. Damn you faulty shotgun prop...

Rockman

Post by Rockman » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:05 pm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0122050/

Here is some information I found about the 1989 movie. Enjoy.

I'll try to find more.

Manga Ka Kyo!
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Manga Ka Kyo! » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:46 pm

rockman, did you see my links, they have a lot about the movie, even a sample song when Kame Sennin does a funny dance. I guess its hard for anyone but Dragonball/ anime/ kung fu fans to like it.
CHA-LA HEAD CHA-LA!!!!!!