"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Geekdom101
Regular
Posts: 502
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:50 pm
Location: Universe 7
Contact:

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Geekdom101 » Sun May 27, 2018 11:26 pm

Yeah homie, the best way to try to correct me is to contact me vs posting about mystery Youtubers.

Also, you took that Xenoverse line too literally. Super Trunks and Xeno Trunks cant possibly be the same person because they have different stories.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

User avatar
Geekdom101
Regular
Posts: 502
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:50 pm
Location: Universe 7
Contact:

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Geekdom101 » Sun May 27, 2018 11:28 pm

Grimlock wrote:Not only that Youtuber did say Xeno Goku has God Ki without clarifying that it is just in the 3DS Heroes game, he also says that Future Trunks from Dragon Ball Super is not the same as Time Patroller Trunks even though Trunks himself confirms that Dragon Ball Super Trunks is he himself in Xenoverse 2... All he keeps saying is how "Hurr durr Heroes is just whacky stuff without any logical thought behind them and you do not put too much thought because it doesn't make sense" even though those are not true at all.

I mean, is this a trend or a rule that Youtubers have to spread misinformation? I don't know, what do they get by lying? Is it really hard to tell your audience the truth? This is so sad, and my headache has officially begun. :| Hopefully, just hopefully I won't have to see people using that argument while discussing the Heroes anime when it starts.
Yeah man, My reputation is totally built on lying and spreading misinformation. :lolno:

Also lol @ "hurr durr". Thanks for watching and sorry you got triggered so badly you had to comment and imply I have mental issues. Mature.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

User avatar
Geekdom101
Regular
Posts: 502
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:50 pm
Location: Universe 7
Contact:

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Geekdom101 » Mon May 28, 2018 12:11 am

Grimlock wrote:
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:People are already using that same argument every time the Heroes anime gets brought up (...). So it will only get worse

He is more worried about repeatedly saying how Heroes is just fanservice without anything else than actually putting some effort and providing your audience with the correct information.
Effort?

Maybe you should try actually editing a video and see how long it takes you when it comes to research, planning, editing, etc. If there's one thing you can never tell me, son, is that i don't put effort into my work. You really need to look into who I am and what I'm about before trying to disrespect my work and my integrity.

Btw, I did a 33 minute video with Redux on my channel. I've also produced 1,590 videos in 3 years... but yeah - no effort? I think its time you had a reality check.

And you just said Xeno Trunks isn't Super Trunks, which kinda killed your soapbox dead.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon May 28, 2018 12:29 am

Grimlock wrote:Not only that Youtuber did say Xeno Goku has God Ki without clarifying that it is just in the 3DS Heroes game, he also says that Future Trunks from Dragon Ball Super is not the same as Time Patroller Trunks even though Trunks himself confirms that Dragon Ball Super Trunks is he himself in Xenoverse 2...
There’s a problem. It’s been made a huge point by youtubers such as Geekdom and even people like the DevilsCorpse that the XV serious is a different continuity than DBHeroes. Sure, XV can say some confusing-ass shit like “the purple haired time patroller Trunks is the Blue haired Super Trunks” (and i dont even remember them saying that), but Heroes is different than XV so its not the case. You’re assuming at this point.
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:People are already using that same argument every time the Heroes anime gets brought up and always ends up with the SSB is way stronger than SSJ4 nonsense. So it will only get worse.
To be fair, thats common sense.

Xeno Goku is the most powerful Goku we have but even when he is using SSJ4, a weaker Goku that has Blue can still win.

That just shows that the power of ssb can not only close tha gap between the weaker Goku and Xeno Goku, but it can even put him above Xeno Goku. So yeah, Blue is way stronger than 4.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
Dark_Tzitzimine
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 481
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:15 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon May 28, 2018 12:58 am

Thing is, arguing about power levels (as in who's stronger) is a pointless endeavor in this series since that will come down to whatever story the writers want to tell. Indulging in that kind of arguments it always ends devolving into slap fights that don't allow for actual discussion to have.

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5354
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Mon May 28, 2018 1:08 am

Geekdom101 wrote:Also, you took that Xenoverse line too literally.
Which is the correct way to take that line. You just came back from Future Trunks saga and Trunks himself appears and says "you were cleaning up after my crime of changing history again". This line means nothing other than connecting Dragon Ball Super Trunks to Time Patroller Trunks. Here, Time Patroller Trunks acknowledges the events from Future Trunks saga.
Geekdom101 wrote:Super Trunks and Xeno Trunks cant possibly be the same person because they have different stories.
Source?
Geekdom101 wrote:And you just said Xeno Trunks isn't Super Trunks, which kinda killed your soapbox dead.
Where? I read all my posts and I didn't find it.

Since you are here, let me ask you a few questions:

• Why do you feel the need to constantly say to your audience that Heroes is "all about whacky stuff, all fanservice that it is not put too much thought on it, don't try to analyze it"? You can't actually do any of these things and you try to make your audience to do the same? What is the goal you are trying to achieve by saying this and all the time? What's the problem in taking Heroes just a little bit serious? In trying to figure out the logical explanation to the what-if forms and transformations (because yes, it may comes as a surprise to you and whether you like it or not, each and every what-if form Heroes has brought up until now has a logical sense behind them).

• Dragon Ball franchise does not have an official canon. People are entitled to consider whatever they want, any statement saying what is or not canonical is completely one's opinion. And none opinion is "more correct" than the other or is a "true statement". So why do you also feel the need to constantly say that "these are not part of the official continuity/canon" or whatever you say? Just stop, please. it is pointless to discuss about canonicity in a franchise that does not have it, it is also a pointless issue to discuss in general.

• Will you ever try to clear things up after the mess that you made about saying that Xeno Goku has god Ki without saying that it was only his 3DS version? I really would like to avoid people using misinformation as an argument when the anime starts.
AnimeNation101 wrote:There’s a problem. It’s been made a huge point by youtubers such as Geekdom and even people like the DevilsCorpse that the XV serious is a different continuity than DBHeroes. Sure, XV can say some confusing-ass shit like “the purple haired time patroller Trunks is the Blue haired Super Trunks” (and i dont even remember them saying that), but Heroes is different than XV so its not the case. You’re assuming at this point.
Why are you bringing Heroes up to the conversation if not to talk about Xeno Goku and the fact that he does not have God Ki? No one is talking about Heroes being in the same continuity as Xenoverse.

And the only one here assuming stuff is you, by saying that "the most powerful Goku is Xeno Goku" even though Dragon Ball Super Goku defeats him, which obviously tells us who actually is the strongest Goku. Actually, we don't even know both Goku's and Xeno Goku's base power level to assume that Dragon Ball Super Goku is only stronger than Xeno Goku once he transforms into Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.
Games - You are weak. Why are you weak?
Dragon Ball Super - *coughes*
Games - Because you lack... Content.

User avatar
sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6360
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by sangofe » Mon May 28, 2018 2:20 am

Geekdom101 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:People are already using that same argument every time the Heroes anime gets brought up (...). So it will only get worse

He is more worried about repeatedly saying how Heroes is just fanservice without anything else than actually putting some effort and providing your audience with the correct information.
Effort?

Maybe you should try actually editing a video and see how long it takes you when it comes to research, planning, editing, etc. If there's one thing you can never tell me, son, is that i don't put effort into my work. You really need to look into who I am and what I'm about before trying to disrespect my work and my integrity.

Btw, I did a 33 minute video with Redux on my channel. I've also produced 1,590 videos in 3 years... but yeah - no effort? I think its time you had a reality check.

And you just said Xeno Trunks isn't Super Trunks, which kinda killed your soapbox dead.
Try not to triple post but put everything in one post.

gantarat
Newbie
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 3:33 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by gantarat » Mon May 28, 2018 3:18 am

But manga chapter 1 clearly xeno trunk come from after cell saga.

S3 Hendrix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 472
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:39 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by S3 Hendrix » Mon May 28, 2018 6:56 am

gantarat wrote:But manga chapter 1 clearly xeno trunk come from after cell saga.
Yes, but both of them are still “trunks future” not a completely new trunks that lived a different life like kid trunks. TBH I believe UMX explained the whole 2 trunks being the same person a lot better than XV2, but in one of the first rifts you travel to the past to the “dark planet”(the place Dr. Raichī uses as his hide out) and you encounter Trunks future, Trunks Xeno even states that is him

User avatar
Geekdom101
Regular
Posts: 502
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:50 pm
Location: Universe 7
Contact:

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Geekdom101 » Mon May 28, 2018 10:53 am

sangofe wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
Effort?

Maybe you should try actually editing a video and see how long it takes you when it comes to research, planning, editing, etc. If there's one thing you can never tell me, son, is that i don't put effort into my work. You really need to look into who I am and what I'm about before trying to disrespect my work and my integrity.

Btw, I did a 33 minute video with Redux on my channel. I've also produced 1,590 videos in 3 years... but yeah - no effort? I think its time you had a reality check.

And you just said Xeno Trunks isn't Super Trunks, which kinda killed your soapbox dead.
Try not to triple post but put everything in one post.
Sorry dude, but I get a little heated when I hear people disrespect my character.

Its one thing to correct me or say I'm wrong, and then I can make a correction and we can move on with our lives, but to call me a liar and do the whole "anti-Youtuber" nonsense (yet again, which is unbelievably biased and kind of prejudice), different story since clearly in the video, I pulled various resources and showed them. So saying I don't do research when I'm one of the guys who's known for it is a laugh.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

User avatar
YonedgeHP
Regular
Posts: 658
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 12:36 pm
Location: Maracaibo, Zulia (Venezuela)
Contact:

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by YonedgeHP » Mon May 28, 2018 10:54 am

Grimlock wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:Also, you took that Xenoverse line too literally.
Which is the correct way to take that line. You just came back from Future Trunks saga and Trunks himself appears and says "you were cleaning up after my crime of changing history again". This line means nothing other than connecting Dragon Ball Super Trunks to Time Patroller Trunks. Here, Time Patroller Trunks acknowledges the events from Future Trunks saga.
Geekdom101 wrote:Super Trunks and Xeno Trunks cant possibly be the same person because they have different stories.
Source?
Geekdom101 wrote:And you just said Xeno Trunks isn't Super Trunks, which kinda killed your soapbox dead.
Where? I read all my posts and I didn't find it.

Since you are here, let me ask you a few questions:

• Why do you feel the need to constantly say to your audience that Heroes is "all about whacky stuff, all fanservice that it is not put too much thought on it, don't try to analyze it"? You can't actually do any of these things and you try to make your audience to do the same? What is the goal you are trying to achieve by saying this and all the time? What's the problem in taking Heroes just a little bit serious? In trying to figure out the logical explanation to the what-if forms and transformations (because yes, it may comes as a surprise to you and whether you like it or not, each and every what-if form Heroes has brought up until now has a logical sense behind them).

• Dragon Ball franchise does not have an official canon. People are entitled to consider whatever they want, any statement saying what is or not canonical is completely one's opinion. And none opinion is "more correct" than the other or is a "true statement". So why do you also feel the need to constantly say that "these are not part of the official continuity/canon" or whatever you say? Just stop, please. it is pointless to discuss about canonicity in a franchise that does not have it, it is also a pointless issue to discuss in general.

• Will you ever try to clear things up after the mess that you made about saying that Xeno Goku has god Ki without saying that it was only his 3DS version? I really would like to avoid people using misinformation as an argument when the anime starts.
AnimeNation101 wrote:There’s a problem. It’s been made a huge point by youtubers such as Geekdom and even people like the DevilsCorpse that the XV serious is a different continuity than DBHeroes. Sure, XV can say some confusing-ass shit like “the purple haired time patroller Trunks is the Blue haired Super Trunks” (and i dont even remember them saying that), but Heroes is different than XV so its not the case. You’re assuming at this point.
Why are you bringing Heroes up to the conversation if not to talk about Xeno Goku and the fact that he does not have God Ki? No one is talking about Heroes being in the same continuity as Xenoverse.

And the only one here assuming stuff is you, by saying that "the most powerful Goku is Xeno Goku" even though Dragon Ball Super Goku defeats him, which obviously tells us who actually is the strongest Goku. Actually, we don't even know both Goku's and Xeno Goku's base power level to assume that Dragon Ball Super Goku is only stronger than Xeno Goku once he transforms into Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.
No, it's very open for interpretation, Trunks usually talks in first person when referring to other versions of himself, as seen and heard in the "Future" Trunks Arc of Super (at least in the original Japanese version).
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:06 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by RichardKing2 » Mon May 28, 2018 12:20 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:Sorry dude, but I get a little heated when I hear people disrespect my character.

Its one thing to correct me or say I'm wrong, and then I can make a correction and we can move on with our lives, but to call me a liar and do the whole "anti-Youtuber" nonsense (yet again, which is unbelievably biased and kind of prejudice), different story since clearly in the video, I pulled various resources and showed them. So saying I don't do research when I'm one of the guys who's known for it is a laugh
While I won't speak on my stance on the argument, at the very least, i do think you should be able to defend yourself. Discussion of an issue is much more effective

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5354
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Mon May 28, 2018 2:14 pm

As expected, when you put someone in check, they rarely respond to the points that were brought up. Some of us will have to deal with misinformation being spread as if they were true and opinions on the game that do not correspond to what the game truly is. And this is just the beginning, the anime hasn't even started yet, imagine when it does.
Games - You are weak. Why are you weak?
Dragon Ball Super - *coughes*
Games - Because you lack... Content.

User avatar
YonedgeHP
Regular
Posts: 658
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 12:36 pm
Location: Maracaibo, Zulia (Venezuela)
Contact:

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by YonedgeHP » Mon May 28, 2018 2:44 pm

S3 Hendrix wrote:
gantarat wrote:But manga chapter 1 clearly xeno trunk come from after cell saga.
Yes, but both of them are still “trunks future” not a completely new trunks that lived a different life like kid trunks. TBH I believe UMX explained the whole 2 trunks being the same person a lot better than XV2, but in one of the first rifts you travel to the past to the “dark planet”(the place Dr. Raichī uses as his hide out) and you encounter Trunks future, Trunks Xeno even states that is him
Except that there's numerous versions of characters named Future Trunks, you got the Future Trunks we all know, the Trunks from the third timeline that was killed by Cell, the one that came from an unknown timeline and the one from the timeline the Trunks from the second tl went after the Goku Black arc.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

User avatar
Kakarot
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:19 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kakarot » Mon May 28, 2018 3:17 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:People are already using that same argument every time the Heroes anime gets brought up (...). So it will only get worse

He is more worried about repeatedly saying how Heroes is just fanservice without anything else than actually putting some effort and providing your audience with the correct information.
Effort?

Maybe you should try actually editing a video and see how long it takes you when it comes to research, planning, editing, etc. If there's one thing you can never tell me, son, is that i don't put effort into my work. You really need to look into who I am and what I'm about before trying to disrespect my work and my integrity.

Btw, I did a 33 minute video with Redux on my channel. I've also produced 1,590 videos in 3 years... but yeah - no effort? I think its time you had a reality check.

And you just said Xeno Trunks isn't Super Trunks, which kinda killed your soapbox dead.
I've watched your videos for some time, and you DO put effort into your content. But your Xeno Goku video came off as misinformed and lazy. Redux took the time to correct you about Xeno Goku not having God ki on Twitter and yet you still didn't fix it. Xeno Goku ONLY has God ki in the 3DS version. When fighting SSB Goku, he DOES NOT have it. The manga and arcade versions of the game both state this.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:04 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by BlueVegerot » Mon May 28, 2018 4:03 pm

OK so this is my understanding. Correct me on this if something is wrong


Xeno goku is a goku that went through BoG and absorbed the power of SSG BUT none of the events after like RoF, u6, Goku Black, ToP happened to him and instead he just went about his own life after BoG and attained ssj4 on his own.

Because his base form is so absurdly strong , even with ss4 which is much weaker than ssb as a form, he is only a bit weaker than post ToP blue goku?

User avatar
Sandubadear
I Live Here
Posts: 2152
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:39 am
Location: Space Amazon

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Sandubadear » Mon May 28, 2018 4:36 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:OK so this is my understanding. Correct me on this if something is wrong


Xeno goku is a goku that went through BoG and absorbed the power of SSG BUT none of the events after like RoF, u6, Goku Black, ToP happened to him and instead he just went about his own life after BoG and attained ssj4 on his own.

Because his base form is so absurdly strong , even with ss4 which is much weaker than ssb as a form, he is only a bit weaker than post ToP blue goku?
In UMX, Goku Xeno is a Goku that transformed into SSG once. Maybe against Beerus or maybe against anyone else, we don't know. He doesn't become SSJ4.

In the manga and arcade, it's a Goku who apparently never transformed into SSG, but has SSJ4 instead.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

User avatar
miguelnuva1
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1761
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon May 28, 2018 6:43 pm

Just two quick points.

1. It's been a while but I'm believe Time patrol Trunks says he is GT Trunks as well which is true because every Trunjs we see is Trunks. Xeno Trunks and Super Trunks are the same person even I'd they went through slightly different story points to get them to their end goals. Everything we have been shown shows that Super Trunks is not directly Xeno Trunks as Xeno Trunks doesn't have SsJ Rage for example.

2. Where does it say there is more than one Xeno Goku or that Xeno Goku doesn't have god ki. I was under the impression that Xeno Goku is mentioning SsjB specifically when he mentions what he does and doesn't know.

Finally Geekdom has made it his personal mission to try and fix misinformation ever since I found his channel when Super started, he has never once spread false information just for views and when he has he as apologized and corrected himself.

User avatar
Sandubadear
I Live Here
Posts: 2152
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:39 am
Location: Space Amazon

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Sandubadear » Mon May 28, 2018 7:37 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: 2. Where does it say there is more than one Xeno Goku or that Xeno Goku doesn't have god ki. I was under the impression that Xeno Goku is mentioning SsjB specifically when he mentions what he does and doesn't know.
It's not that there are more than one Goku Xeno. It's that UMX's story and the arcade's story are separate, like pretty much all Time Patrol stories are each their own thing. Xenoverse's version of TP vs. Towa and Mira are different from Online, which in turn is different than Heroes arcade, which in turn is different from UMX.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

User avatar
miguelnuva1
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1761
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon May 28, 2018 8:24 pm

Sandubadear wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote: 2. Where does it say there is more than one Xeno Goku or that Xeno Goku doesn't have god ki. I was under the impression that Xeno Goku is mentioning SsjB specifically when he mentions what he does and doesn't know.
It's not that there are more than one Goku Xeno. It's that UMX's story and the arcade's story are separate, like pretty much all Time Patrol stories are each their own thing. Xenoverse's version of TP vs. Towa and Mira are different from Online, which in turn is different than Heroes arcade, which in turn is different from UMX.
I understand that Xenoverse, Online and Heroes share that own version of characters but what I'm UMX contradicts the events of the arcade or manga? Xeno Goku doesn't matter in the scheme of things because we don't know how the anime will portray him.

Post Reply