"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu May 31, 2018 5:17 pm

Kanassa wrote:Damn, i didn't know that there were beam struggles in this
Yeah there are beam struggles but honestly it only happened 2 or 3 times for me.

Soo...is it worth to buy more Z-souls for Spirit Bomb Goku and overall level-up him?
Piccolo seem like a better tank. Also, Special Beam Cannon is broken and can one shot enemies.
Not sure how Spirit Bomb works, if it's anywhere near SBC's power.
Goku has the most useful tag: Saiyan which makes me wonder if he's better pick than Piccolo or not. Saiyan characters buff each other a lot.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Thu May 31, 2018 5:27 pm

Why is nobody talking about the story? The latest chapters gave us some new information.

The person who is hosting the Tournament of Time isn't Beerus or King Kai. It's a guy in a hood. Maybe it's the same red hooded guy that looks like Shallot, but who knows. Apparently, he's taken Shin (Universe 7's Kaioshin) captive, so Beerus has no choice but to listen to him. He told Beerus to host the tournament. Beerus told King Kai to telepathically invite people from Universe 7. The reason why he wants a Tournament of Time is unknown. The Super Dragon Balls as a prize was just a sham. They are inactive since they were just used in the Tournament of Power. The cause of the distortions of time and space that's causing people from different eras is unknown. Raditz was infected with dark energy similar to how Towa and Fu infect people in Xenoverse and DBH.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu May 31, 2018 6:18 pm

Why are db video game stories so much more interesting than what Toei and Toriyama can come up with. A Tournament of Time held by a mysterious mastermind who god-napped Shin has a hostage keep Beerus from destroying him and a son of two demons kidnapping fighters from dimensions and putting them on a planet to fight it out while a mysterious evil saiyan is lurking in the midst.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu May 31, 2018 6:35 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Why are db video game stories so much more interesting than what Toei and Toriyama can come up with.
Because unlike Toriyama, games producers do know that the best for the Dragon Ball franchise these days is not to be stuck in the comfort zone, they dare bring different stuff, they dare explore other concepts.

I don't know why Toriyama inserts the alternate dimension concept, the Makaio/Makaioshin concept to the franchise but never utilize them. Since he worked for a great time in Dragon Ball Online, there wouldn't be any problem to also use stuff that he himself may have devised (since he seems to ignore stuff that didn't come from him). Maybe Toriyama thinks that doing the same stuff over and over is more appealing?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:11 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Kakarot wrote:So, basically, you think putting less time into the game should automatically make you win?
Wut?

Where did i say that?

You complained about levels of your opponent as justification to ragequit. Thats some lowtiergod shit right there. Practice and play more

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:11 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:Why are db video game stories so much more interesting than what Toei and Toriyama can come up with. A Tournament of Time held by a mysterious mastermind who god-napped Shin has a hostage keep Beerus from destroying him and a son of two demons kidnapping fighters from dimensions and putting them on a planet to fight it out while a mysterious evil saiyan is lurking in the midst.
Toriyama worked on this as far as I'm aware, to what extent I dont know

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:36 am

I'm really enjoying this game so far. It makes for a good time waster when I have nothing to do. It's waaay more visually interesting than Dokkan and it's actually fun to play.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:41 am

Dammit! Everyone has this game except for me! Come on, phone! When the hell am I gonna play this game?!
Caulifla best girl! :)

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:37 am

STILL WANT TO PLAY ZAHHA :x

COME ON DEV BRING HIM ALREADY PLAYABLE :cry:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:13 pm

So, we're about to meet Giblet in the next update?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:51 pm

Ok i decided to play some story missions and one of the recent missions had Pan as an enemy out of nowhere. Without even any conversation. Just random fight with Yamcha, Chiaotzu and Pan. Wtf.

It's like they just met Pan and decided to beat her and move on.
Wtf Bandai.

Anyway, i dont understand this story. I only know that there is some tournament but i still don't know why is young Bulma there. I didn't pay attention to story, too much dialogues, i guess i will just play it and don't care lol.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:15 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:Ok i decided to play some story missions and one of the recent missions had Pan as an enemy out of nowhere. Without even any conversation. Just random fight with Yamcha, Chiaotzu and Pan. Wtf.

Wtf Bandai.

Anyway, i dont understand this story. I only know that there is some tournament but i still don't know why is young Bulma there. I didn't pay attention to story, too much dialogues, i guess i will just play it and don't care lol.
I don't understand the confusion. If you aren't paying attention to the story... Why would you expect to understand what's going on?

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:08 pm

Kanassa wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:Ok i decided to play some story missions and one of the recent missions had Pan as an enemy out of nowhere. Without even any conversation. Just random fight with Yamcha, Chiaotzu and Pan. Wtf.

Wtf Bandai.

I don't understand the confusion. If you aren't paying attention to the story... Why would you expect to understand what's going on?
I agree. And its such an interesting story too.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:30 pm

Kanassa wrote: I don't understand the confusion. If you aren't paying attention to the story... Why would you expect to understand what's going on?
I'm not complaining tho. Just saying those long dialogues are boring and while i read them i don't pay much attention to them and honestly i don't even remember how it started. I see Beerus, but i don't know and do not much care why is he even here. I mean it's just an excuse to fight anyway and Shallot and Zahha are such boring characters to me as well so i'm just playing to make progress but maybe in future i will read some more about plot and get more interested.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:09 pm

So, I wish to ask you all whether or not you like this mobile game. I'm thinking about downloading it and I want a general review of the game. I want to know what am I getting into.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:35 pm

majinwarman wrote:So, I wish to ask you all whether or not you like this mobile game. I'm thinking about downloading it and I want a general review of the game. I want to know what am I getting into.
It's pretty fun at first, but after a while it get rather dull. The story mode is a lot of fun and I can't wait for it to be completed. There's issues with the combat system, but nothing that certain other games don't share. PVP can subject you to high amounts of bullshit in both good and bad ways. I'm not ready to give this thing a numbered score yet though. If not for anything else, I would get this game just to check out the story mode.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:32 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Kanassa wrote: I don't understand the confusion. If you aren't paying attention to the story... Why would you expect to understand what's going on?
I'm not complaining tho. Just saying those long dialogues are boring and while i read them i don't pay much attention to them and honestly i don't even remember how it started. I see Beerus, but i don't know and do not much care why is he even here. I mean it's just an excuse to fight anyway and Shallot and Zahha are such boring characters to me as well so i'm just playing to make progress but maybe in future i will read some more about plot and get more interested.
That sounds like complaining

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:13 pm

Been playing the game for a few days now and I'm liking it so far. Story is decent and I'm interested to see were it goes, also like Shallot and Zahha more than I thought I would. PvP is the only thing I'm not liking that much as more often than not I'm either fighting someone who's way lower than me or someone who's way higher and it can quickly become frustrating.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:28 pm

Internet connection fail makes this draw symbol so infuriating :(

Kanassa wrote:

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:30 pm

I’m legit addicted to this game.