Least Favourite Couples

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Least Favourite Couples

Post by AnzuMazaki » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:34 pm

Who are your least favourite couples and why don;t you like them?

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:40 pm

First post here in a loooong while from me. I wonder if anyone actually knows who I am anymore? XD

Eh, whatever. =P

On topic, I'd have to say I don't really like Bulma/Vegeta. It's probably not because of anything other than it's obsessive fanbase that ruined it all for me thanks to Fanfiction.net, but I digress.

That, or Goku/Vegeta. *shudder*
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:49 pm

Besides any and all yaoi/yuri pairings that don't make sense, I don't really care for Trunks/Pan. It just...well, for one thing there's at least a ten year age difference, and for another thing there's a generation difference too. That makes it a little odd to me.

Besides...no. Just no. :roll:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:04 pm

Yeah, I totally forgot about that one, too. >_>;

I've got nothing against Yaoi or Yuri pairings, it's just those ones in Dragonball fandom make no sense whatsoever. You really expect me to believe that Piccolo and Mirai Trunks have some sordid love affair going on behind the scenes? :lol:

Victator Supreme
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Victator Supreme » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:23 pm

Chaos Saiyajin wrote:First post here in a loooong while from me. I wonder if anyone actually knows who I am anymore? XD

Eh, whatever. =P

On topic, I'd have to say I don't really like Bulma/Vegeta. It's probably not because of anything other than it's obsessive fanbase that ruined it all for me thanks to Fanfiction.net, but I digress.

That, or Goku/Vegeta. *shudder*
I found it funny Bebi was much more affectionate to Bulma than Vegeta ever was.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:38 pm

Any Yaoi or Yuri pairing. It's DragonBall. It doesn't make any sense. I see Goku/Vegeta fanfictions or even mentions, it makes me want to take a chainsaw to a Yaoi fangirl's neck.

Trunks x Pan is also creepy and weird. Pair Trunks up with Marron or something.
Chaos Saiyajin wrote:On topic, I'd have to say I don't really like Bulma/Vegeta. It's probably not because of anything other than it's obsessive fanbase that ruined it all for me thanks to Fanfiction.net, but I digress.
I get what'yer saying, but to be fair, ANY canon pairing can be and usually is ruined by bad fanfic writers. Bulma and Vegeta are probably one of my favorite pairings actually. The two of them are just so feisty and assertive, they work well together.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:42 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:Any Yaoi or Yuri pairing. It's DragonBall. It doesn't make any sense.
Goten and Trunks are totally gay, don't even try to deny that. With their washing sleeping and foot licking together.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:44 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:They're kids. I was given baths with my cousin when she and I were little. Does that make me incestuous?
Did you ever lick her feet? If that is the case then yes sir you are.

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:57 pm

Please don't doublepost, NeptuneKai. ^^;

And yeah, Goten and Trunks are totally gay. That chick in GT? Goten's female best friend who's just doing a favor.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:58 pm

LOL, Goten/Trunks (I forget who licked who) didn't really mean to lick the foot if I recall, so I don't think it counts. :roll:

I dislike any pairings that make zero sense, and yet I myself support a few. I'm always getting annoyed with people (particularly the Naruto fandom) for pairing up people that don't ever really meet, but I support one from GT. Uub x Marron. Dunno why, they're just cute together. ^_^
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:01 am

B-kun wrote:Please don't doublepost, NeptuneKai. ^^;

And yeah, Goten and Trunks are totally gay. That chick in GT? Goten's female best friend who's just doing a favor.
A cover-up...all good closet gays have them. Anyway as you can guess it wasn't a double post up until Kaboom deleted his post about bathing with his cousin.
Gyt Kaliba wrote: Uub x Marron. Dunno why, they're just cute together. ^_^
You make fun of me for liking a couple who saw each other naked yet you support a pairing of two people who never even talked to each other? Do they even see each other?

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:10 am

I don't make fun of you for it, or at least I don't mean to. I just don't support it. :wink:

And I said that it made no sense didn't it? It's one of my rare double-standards (most of mine are for pairings) - I mock pairings that involve people with no connections (Sasuke x Hinata from Naruto for example), and yet I have some of my own that make zero sense. I'm wierd like that, which is why I normally keep my mouth shut on pairings unless the subject is brought up by someone else. :roll:
Twitter

daveeb

Post by daveeb » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:52 am

Yaoi/Yuri is annoying. Trunks/Pan is annoying, or any other one with weird age difference. After that, I don't really care as much. Whatever works works.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:14 am

NeptuneKai wrote:
SSj Kaboom wrote:Any Yaoi or Yuri pairing. It's DragonBall. It doesn't make any sense.
Goten and Trunks are totally gay, don't even try to deny that. With their washing sleeping and foot licking together.
Well yes I suppose if someone is partial to yaoi pairings and has that mindset then their relationship would seem that way. However, many of us don't see that. As evidenced by the fact that this is a series based on a Shonen manga written by a man who is so devoid and clueless when it comes to romantic relationships that even the actual couples barely show a lick of affection towards one another.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

DemonKingPiccolo
Beyond Newbie

Post by DemonKingPiccolo » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:16 am

Chaos Saiyajin wrote:You really expect me to believe that Piccolo and Mirai Trunks have some sordid love affair going on behind the scenes? :lol:
Of course I don't expect you to believe that: And surprisingly, the primary reason for that ISN'T because Piccolo's one of my fav characters and I don't want him to have a gay ship:

Piccolo (being a Namek) actually has no gender, therefore he has no sexual attraction. Fans often forget that. :roll: :?

However, Trunks on the other hand... :shock:
"There's a hole in the world like a great black pit
And it's filled with people who are filled with shit
And the vermin of the world inhabit it."
~Sweeney Todd

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by AnzuMazaki » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:27 am

Chaos Saiyajin wrote:On topic, I'd have to say I don't really like Bulma/Vegeta. It's probably not because of anything other than it's obsessive fanbase that ruined it all for me thanks to Fanfiction.net, but I digress.
Same, and the fact that people pair Vegeta up with people other than Bulma and yet they pair Bulma only with Vegeta,

It may be canon but if you're going to pair the husband with another character pair the wife with another too.

I also hate GokuxVegeta because it's just as bad as BulmaxVegeta, I see loads of pics and fanfics of the two having buttsecks while Poor Chichi is portrayed as an evil bitch, simular to Yamcha being portrayed as the evil vain playboy in BulmaxVegeta fandom.

Chichi's only a "bitch" because she's worried about her children and Yamcha didn't cheat on Bulma, sure he's a weak "Earth Fairy", he can't help it and it's no reason to bash him.

Speaking of bashing, my other least favourite coplues are ChichixBitch Eating Dog and YamchaxBastardEatingDog (If they count, which they won't :oops: )

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:04 am

I dislike Trunks/Pan, because I hate Pan as a character (thanks to GT) and Trunks is one of my favourites so... Considering I am a Bra/Goten shipper, I can't use the "age" arguement. :P

I actually don't really dislike any of the canon pairings. :)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:01 pm

I don't mind any of the canon relationships either cuz, well...they're canon, it's not exactly up to us is it?

And I agree, far too often in pairings, they use the original paired up husband/wife for a punching bag to get them out of the way for the 'real lovers'. :roll:

On the subject of Yaoi, I'm not a Yaoi kinda guy (or Yuri for that matter), and I don't support the pairings and certainly don't consider them unless they are actually canon, but I do notice ones that are possibly hinted at in shows. For DB, the only one I can think of that may have been hinted at is Tien x Chiaotzu.
Twitter

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:56 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: I can think of that may have been hinted at is Tenshinhan x Chiaotzu.
That would be very visually unappealing.

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:31 pm

That would be very visually unappealing.
Oh god, I can see the terrible fan fiction now. Please, make it stop! If anyone is paired up with Tenshinhan, then why not go with Lunch? I mean...she is sort of his taller, female, multiple-personality stalker, as opposed to his short, male, creepy pale midget stalker. :?