Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by PFM18 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:40 am

dragon boss z wrote:
PFM18 wrote: What are you talking about? They said something pretty similar to what you mentioned about the next level of Blue. People DID acknowledge it they literally had an entire sequence where everyone stopped and talked about what had just happened to Vegeta. The Daishinkan said that he "broke through his limits of his form" or something to that extent. Whis and I believe the peanut gallery also made comments about Vegeta's evolution. Nothing super specific, because again, this is the first time anybody had ever achieved this transformation so it would be strange for anybody there to know all of the details on the form.
Ah ya I forgot about that, but still just saying he changed a different shade of blue because he broke his limits doesn't really make sense. It seems like they just needed to power him up because Goku had kaioken.
As far as it not making sense it made perfect sense it was the turning point when his priorities and motivations within the tournament were about somebody else. He started fighting for somebody else and his priorities shifted from surpassing Goku. It was being built up from the time that Goku achieved UI and Vegeta was pissed that he had surpassed him. Then, the next time Goku achieves UI he doesn't get pissed. Then he says "You can have your Ultra Instinct I'll find my own way to break my limits!" and that is exactly what he did. Goku went KKx20 and Vegeta would normally be pissed that Goku surpassed him but instead he could only think about reviving Cabba and keeping his promise. That's when he achieved the form. Then he unlocked the full-power of the form against Toppo when he thought about his family and how that is who makes him who he is and that he wants to protect them etc.
Well I don't think ultra instinct made sense either. The idea of it does (dodging and attacking without thinking) but how that suddenly became a form with white hair I don't know. It makes more sense how Beerus and Whis use it as a technique rather than a transformation. Like I said above it seems like the Vegeta form was more of a consolation prize.
Thank god they changed it then. That would have been ridiculous. The entire concept of making your muscles bigger to get stronger was rendered obsolete long ago and it would go against the entire focus of Whis's training and becoming ridiculously strong through ki control. To suddenly decide to go back to using ki to increase your muscles would have been bizarre especially since he berated Trunks for doing it.(albeit Trunks used Grade 3 but still.) It would be retreading old ground that would have made absolutely no sense. Instead, he evolves his Blue form and breaks through his previous limitations.
It wasn't actually overly muscular or anything. It was actually the same muscular level as how he is in SSBE. Also I believe grade 2 ssj was actually stated to be stronger and faster than regular ssj, though I agree they ended up saying ssj was superior and I do think SSB grade 2 isn't a good idea either, it just seems like a logical possibility as a type of power up Vegeta could get with what we know. SSB2 would make more sense though as ssj2 is just better than ssj in pretty much every way.
This is just false. Not only are you incorrect that nobody mentioned the form, but to say Super has too many forms when it has the same number as DBZ is ridiculous. This is certainly not in any way an example of bad writing.
It is bad writing and it was bad writing in Z as well. Even though dragon ball is one of my favorite series, even the original was never really "well written". Toriyama literally admitted to making up the story as he goes. I don't mind new forms, I like them when placed properly. For example I thought SSG was good. SSB was kind of uneeded but it seemed to be the replacement for SSG as that was a ritual only form it seemed. Now that it's been shown SSG is actually just a form they can go into whenever it just turned into another outdated form. Golden Frieza was fine as Frieza needed a way to power up and he just got one new transformation the whole series. Trunks should have either got ssj3 or nothing at all imo. I don't mind him getting a rage boost like Vegeta did, but how does being made create a randomly new form? Why didn't anyone else get that when mad? SSR is ok as it is SSB but Zamasu's version. Hit, Jiren, Whis, and Beerus are good examples of strong characters who don't need forms and I think that is a good thing. Really the form problem is more of the Super anime thing, the manga has like half as many forms telling the same story, so it's not Toriyama I feel it's more Toei wanting to sell more merchandise, which from a business standpoint makes sense. I'm not a Super hater, but I give criticism when it's due, I'm not just a dragon ball apologist.
Yeah I think I am just going to agree to disagree with you then. I kind of disagree on everything you said and there isn't much more to discuss than conjecture.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:51 am

PFM18 wrote: Yeah I think I am just going to agree to disagree with you then. I kind of disagree on everything you said and there isn't much more to discuss than conjecture.
So do you think the forms will be in the movie or not?

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:56 am

dragon boss z wrote:
PFM18 wrote: Yeah I think I am just going to agree to disagree with you then. I kind of disagree on everything you said and there isn't much more to discuss than conjecture.
So do you think the forms will be in the movie or not?
I don't know but I hope so. SSBE looks amazing and I love the form in general.

That's why I asked because I really am not sure

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:10 am

PFM18 wrote: I don't know but I hope so. SSBE looks amazing and I love the form in general.

That's why I asked because I really am not sure
I do like the look of SSBE.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:28 am

That Broly design is not sitting right with me, his original red white attire made him look pretty.. royal?
Wish they would have stuck with that
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

SuperVirginGod

Post by SuperVirginGod » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:48 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:Welp. This was on Ajay’s Twitter so I'm pretty sure its offical. I perceive this was “whoever isn’t on this power isn’t important (not counted the new saiyans that are been saved for reveals and Paragus)”. Its a surprise that Piccolo of all people is there but whatever. Important role incoming? And before anyone says, “maybe people like Gohan, Goten, etc are just being saved for reveals”, Bulma is at the bottom. So i think it means everyone else just isn’t important. And we see SSGod Goku.

I don't like this yoga pants Broly, maybe I'll get used to green-purple scheme so that's not the issue.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:20 am

I mean, I think it's the same stuff Vegeta wears all the time, so.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:21 am

I thought there'd be more differences than just what he wears but that is his iconic look so...It's Broly. I guess I just expected him to have a new form which could still happen. I am very surprised to see SsjG but that could just be a sticker. If not then hopefully Vegeta uses it as well as I'd like to see it animated on him.
ShaggyBlanco wrote:Unfortunately I do think it's gonna be like any other Broly+ Z movie, with saiyans getting stomped until Goku goes UI and finishes it up.
Or he and Vegeta fuse into Gogeta. I guess the time on that could run out and Goku goes back into UI.
FortuneSSJ wrote:No idea how this movie will end, but if I have to choose which one dies between Broly and Freeza, I will go with Broly.
There's already enough Saiyans, Freeza just got revived again and he's a more interesting character (at least when compared to the old Broly), and now we have Kale.
They also still have to introduce Cooler which can't be done without Freeza.
Last edited by sintzu on Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:35 am

YES! SSG :D SSG, SSGSS and hopefully UI too in thie film!

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:50 am

PFM18 wrote:
precita wrote:Gohan better have a fighting role in this. Makes me sick to my stomach just to go back to the Goku and Vegeta show again.
Don't get your hopes up. Gohan never liked fighting and now he focuses on academics as an adult. Goku and Vegeta are the true-blooded Saiyan warriors so naturally they have the big fighting roles and the most strength.
Except part of Gohan's development is fighting when he has to in order to protect his friends and family. How soon do we forget he did just that in the Universe Survival arc.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:55 am

Kagari wrote:Except part of Gohan's development is fighting when he has to in order to protect his friends and family. How soon do we forget he did just that in the Universe Survival arc.
If he had any part in this we would've seen him by now. This is clearly a Goku and Vegeta centric movie with probably Freeza playing a secondary role to them.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:57 am

I haven't checked on this thread or the Super forums for a while, and suddenly I see that's its name has been changed to reference "Broly". That took me by surprise.

I'm mixed on this already old news. They could always come up with a good, original character that leaves an impact in the series like they did with Beerus or even Zamasu, yet they keep bringing back past characters. They're not pushing the boundaries enough for me and rather play it safe. Wasn't the whole reason of Kale's existence to be another take on Broly? Now they're bringing back Broly altogether?

On the other hand, I'm curious about Toriyama's handling of the character. It could be a good chance to redeem Broly from his portrayal in his second and third movie.

Still, I'm looking forward to the movie.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:59 am

Torturephile wrote:Wasn't the whole reason of Kale's existence to be another take on Broly? Now they're bringing back Broly altogether?

I'm curious about Toriyama's handling of the character. It could be a good chance to redeem Broly from his portrayal in his second and third movie.
They probably figured that 2 Broly is better than one. :lol:

Anything Toriyama does will be an improvement as you can't make him much worse than he already is.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:09 am

sintzu wrote:
Kagari wrote:Except part of Gohan's development is fighting when he has to in order to protect his friends and family. How soon do we forget he did just that in the Universe Survival arc.
If he had any part in this we would've seen him by now. This is clearly a Goku and Vegeta centric movie with probably Freeza playing a secondary role to them.
Moreso pointing out that he doesn’t need to be benched for some arbitrary reason that goes against established character development.

That said, Trunks' VA is listed as well and he's not revealed yet, so we'll see. We're still 5 months from release.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:17 am

Emailed Toei Europe here is what they had to say:
"Hi,
Thank you for (y)our message. We are currently under negotiation with distributors to distribute the movie across Europe. You just need to be patient, you will be informed once it’s time to inform the public."

At least they're active in doing something so that's good news I guess.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:31 am

Seeing people on facebook claiming they have seen Paragus, wondered if anyone has anything on here?

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:49 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:Seeing people on facebook claiming they have seen Paragus, wondered if anyone has anything on here?
it's possible that they mean he has been pretty much confirmed to be in the movie since his voice actor been listed as part of the cast.

SuperVirginGod wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Welp. This was on Ajay’s Twitter so I'm pretty sure its offical. I perceive this was “whoever isn’t on this power isn’t important (not counted the new saiyans that are been saved for reveals and Paragus)”. Its a surprise that Piccolo of all people is there but whatever. Important role incoming? And before anyone says, “maybe people like Gohan, Goten, etc are just being saved for reveals”, Bulma is at the bottom. So i think it means everyone else just isn’t important. And we see SSGod Goku.
Only Broly SSJ form and Bulma are new, the rest are images we've seen before, so it makes sense they'd use Piccolo instead of character who's new design has yet be revealed.

I mean don't get me wrong, I so hope he has a nice role in the movie, but recent (20 yrs) track record doesn't make me very optimistic.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:03 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:Seeing people on facebook claiming they have seen Paragus, wondered if anyone has anything on here?
Maybe V-Jump leaked early and it has a picture of him.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:13 am

Someone notable in the community would have posted it or at least said something. I'm not saying he's not in the movie, he probably is, but I doubt any official confirmation would have gone unnoticed like that.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:16 am

[spoiler]https://www.facebook.com/16932974342928 ... 805401254/[/spoiler]This is obviously fake but it’s hilarious :D :lol:
Last edited by budokaifanatic007 on Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.