Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:52 pm

Helios518 wrote:No, it's not common for DB movies to be aired. Only really been happening for BoG, and RoF when they came out.
I see. And judging by the fact that I haven't seen any kind of relation between those airing movies and Dragon Ball Super movie, I don't know how the former stuff confirms anything for the latter stuff. I take it it's just coincidence.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:57 pm

Simere wrote:That was Akio Iyoku:

…Hmm. It’s still a secret, but… I’ll give you just a little. When it comes to a story about the Saiyans, it will of course require a look back at history. There will be vignettes from the past, such as, this sort of thing happened back then. It’s a movie that doesn’t follow a single, monotonous plot line; there’s a story in the present and a story in the past, and there are changes in setting, so it’s got quite the sense of scale. I think it’s become a spectacular “space opera”. There are some multilayered elements as well, so I think it will be something people can watch and enjoy again and again, with everyone imbuing all sorts of characters with a variety of feelings.
Oh, that actually got me excited... Will they bring John Williams as the composer too? lol
Doctor. wrote:The entire movie sounds like a repeat of F: an interesting premise with a lot of potential to innovate and do something bold with the returning character, but they're just gonna do what they did before for the sake of the spectacle and fanservice.
Interesting, how would you improve RoF?
Last edited by jeffbr92 on Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:00 pm

sintzu wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:My favourite ending to this movie would probably be Jiren coming out of nowhere and destroying Broly.
I don't know what would be worse, that or the fan reactions. :lol:
2 hours of tense drama and then Broly defeated in 1 second. That sounds good to me and anything that makes the fanbase go nuts is usually a good thing.

jeffbr92 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:My favourite ending to this movie would probably be Jiren coming out of nowhere and destroying Broly.
Jiren has no deals with Universe 7 that would make no sense.
As long as it is entertaining then all is good to me especially as it is Jiren.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:01 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Very interesting. More people should look into this kind of stuff. I look forward to the December catalogue.
If you're interested I broke down more of when we'll get figure information what it'll mean here.

Btw I literally just typed does anyone believe this genetic modification theory then your post came up lol.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:12 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Simere wrote:That was Akio Iyoku:

…Hmm. It’s still a secret, but… I’ll give you just a little. When it comes to a story about the Saiyans, it will of course require a look back at history. There will be vignettes from the past, such as, this sort of thing happened back then. It’s a movie that doesn’t follow a single, monotonous plot line; there’s a story in the present and a story in the past, and there are changes in setting, so it’s got quite the sense of scale. I think it’s become a spectacular “space opera”. There are some multilayered elements as well, so I think it will be something people can watch and enjoy again and again, with everyone imbuing all sorts of characters with a variety of feelings.
Oh, that actually got me excited... Will they bring John Williams as the composer too? lol
Doctor. wrote:The entire movie sounds like a repeat of F: an interesting premise with a lot of potential to innovate and do something bold with the returning character, but they're just gonna do what they did before for the sake of the spectacle and fanservice.
Interesting, how would you improve RoF?
I detailed it here shortly after the movie came out. It's been 3 years so most likely I have some better ideas now or I could have developed my ideas better, but this should cover it for now. Some of it got addressed in the Super version of F, which is why I prefer the arc to the movie.
Last edited by Doctor. on Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:14 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Simere wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So to conclude anything main Goku/Vegeta and (assuming like Freeza in ResF) Broly will be over ratio, if fusions are in the movie then that will be too but also will be blanked like the March Goku however won't be labelled. If Goku/Vegeta/Broly have new forms or something spoiler-y then they will be blanked but presumably labelled.

Now I got sent September, October and November's catalogue scans early so if I hopefully do again I should have them exactly 2 weeks today.
Were SSBKK and SSR(both of them) telegraphed by catalogues?
Nah DBS didn't get properly marketed until 2017. So by then all the pre-ToP stuff didn't need to be blanked since obviously everyone knows about them.
AnimeNation101 wrote:Update

Funimation also hints that Gogeta might be in the movie since part of the dbs movie promotion was the 3 movies/specials airing in theaters. And Bardock and Broly are both confirmed. We just need Gogeta.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FUNimation/s ... 6308771840
Bardock isn't exactly confirmed yet. Also the 3 movies aren't part of DBS movie promotion.
Maybe not directly stated to be but its obvious that they’re airing db movies now of all times for the new broly movie. And so far, 2 of the 3 movies/specials happen to have something that shows up in the new movie as their own key factor in their own movie/special.

Movie 8 is mainly about Broly and boom, the new movie is also mainly about Broly. The Bardock special is mainly about Bardock and his story and it just so happens that the new movie has DBMinus which is Toriyama’s version of the Bardock special. It can’t be a coincidence, IMO.
Last edited by AnimeNation101 on Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:15 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Very interesting. More people should look into this kind of stuff. I look forward to the December catalogue.
If you're interested I broke down more of when we'll get figure information what it'll mean here.

Btw I literally just typed does anyone believe this genetic modification theory then your post came up lol.
Thanks and lol
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:20 pm

maybe even better than Broly's first movie.
....but the first Broly movie was really bad?

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:50 pm

PFM18 wrote:....but the first Broly movie was really bad?
It was an entertaining Dragon Ball movie compared to most. Aside from the rushed feeling the ending had, it was always moving and when the action kicked off, it was fun as hell. I was never bored with it like I was with, let's say Cooler's Revenge, where there's odd periods of just dull scenes like Gohan and Icarus going to get senzu beans for Goku and the terrible fight scenes.

It's just a fun Dragon Ball film that I can easily rewatch. The other 2 Broly movies however...
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:29 pm

Grimlock wrote:
superfan2024 wrote:After watching the trailer... does your sig still stand?
Yes. As I explained in another post, this trailer did not show anything to get me interested and "hyped" except for what it might be Bardock's hand. However, since Bardock himself does not appear properly and nothing that I wanted was shown, it is not enough for me to consider the "main series" to be alive and kicking again.

It will remain dead until they finally decide to present some good content in it (and properly on-screen).
I don't see how you not liking it makes the main series 'dead'
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:31 pm

Kanassa wrote:I don't see how you not liking it makes the main series 'dead'
Because it's a "snowball" issue. Nothing from the "main series" the came out since 2014 was good, so...

~ Day of the Machines ~

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:41 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Kanassa wrote:I don't see how you not liking it makes the main series 'dead'
Because it's a "snowball" issue. Nothing from the "main series" the came out since 2014 was good, so...
Again, you not liking it does not make it dead.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:42 pm

Kanassa wrote:Again, you not liking it does not make it dead.
Yes it does, it's my personal stance on this. I won't watch this movie and the next series if they don't surprise me with something good.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:47 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Again, you not liking it does not make it dead.
Yes it does, it's my personal stance on this. I won't watch this movie and the next series if they don't surprise me with something good.
Are the people you don't like dead? Should we call someone?

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:51 pm

Yo, people keep saying Gogeta the fusion should beat Broly, but like what if forcing a potara on his ear and fusion with someone who has to calm him down internally was how they did it? That'd be a neat twist and a unique way to end the battle.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:53 pm

Shaddy wrote:Yo, people keep saying Gogeta the fusion should beat Broly, but like what if forcing a potara on his ear and fusion with someone who has to calm him down internally was how they did it? That'd be a neat twist and a unique way to end the battle.
So... manga Kefla then?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:54 pm

Simere wrote:Are the people you don't like dead? Should we call someone?
You mean in real life? If so, yes. And no, I think that won't be necessary, I guess. :angel:

~ Day of the Machines ~

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:00 pm

Shaddy wrote:Yo, people keep saying Gogeta the fusion should beat Broly, but like what if forcing a potara on his ear and fusion with someone who has to calm him down internally was how they did it? That'd be a neat twist and a unique way to end the battle.
No room for Talk no Jutsu in this movie. They're going to beat the peace into him!

"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:06 pm

Nvm subbed fans, Funimation flubbed up. Time to get your pitchforks. https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/1 ... 4553613312
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:35 pm

Doctor. wrote:
So... manga Kefla then?
Dunno, haven't bothered with the manga. If that's what happens, then sure, but hopefully, y'know, better.