Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

emperior
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by emperior » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:44 am

Zelvin wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: I was thinking more of the scene of the Saiyan child with the thing covering its lower quarters. Maybe it was being experimented upon in that tube? Who knows?
Guys, it's just a poop chute. The babies are in incubation chambers. It's the technological equivalent of an umbilical cord. It's there to exchange nutrients and waste in place of a biological parent.
It makes sense. Not only do they have to piss and poop, they also have to eat a ton of food considering they are Saiyans,
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:59 am

Some people talk like S-Cells are a set value, like you get some when being born and that's it. I always thought they increase over time, depending on what the Saiyajin in question is doing?

Gokuu lived a peaceful life until 12, training, but no greater dangers. Then came all the Dragonball stuff into his life (in other words Bulma tossed him into a world that tried to kill him), but he liked it and used it as a means to get stronger. He became stronger and stronger, but had still peaceful times. So his S-Cells increased due to both reasons. He became a calm warrior, enraged by Kuririn's death. Boom. Super Saiyajin.

Gohan had a peaceful life until 4, no dangers whatsoever. The Piccolo tossed him into the training of his life, against his will. He never wanted to fight, had a gentle spirit but still huge talent for fighting. Plus he inherited some of Gokuu's S-Cells. He wen't mad at his father for not being serious with him in the chamber of spirit and time and mad at himself for being "weak". Boom. Super Saiyajin.

Goten and Trunks always had a peaceful life. No dangers, but they could fight each other whenever they wanted, without killing themselves. Plus they inherited a lot of their father's S-Cells. We never saw the reason why they transformed, but both knew the other transformed, so maybe one threw a tantrum after he lost to the other, transformed, the other went mad as well, and also transformed. (Goten's sparring with Chi-Chi isn't necessarily his first time)

Vegeta... always fought. He wanted to fight. He never knew peace. Until after Freeza "died" by Gokuu's hand. He lived for a few days at Bulma's place, not murdering at all. I think that increased his S-Cells quiet a bit, because it was something new. It triggered a rapid growth. But then he took of to look for Gokuu, battling again, until his ship went out of fuel. And then Freeza came back. And Trunks reported about the Cyborgs. And Vegeta went training again, first at home (fathering Trunks to that time, which may not just passed his S-Cells on, but also increased his own, because he felt somewhat of a connection to Bulma, that was not about fighting), then at space. Plus maybe he was just at peace fighting. He just liked it. And as he said, his heart was calm and still, yet enraged. He didn't transform, went mad and... Boom. Super-Saiyajin.

Future Trunks never had a peaceful life. Always on the run, always hiding from the Cyborgs. Yet he never had to fight himself until he started training with Gohan. He had a lot of S-Cells from his father, and then Gohan died. Boom. Super Saiyajin.

And I think the Universe 6 Saiyajin never had much times of war. Yes, they are a peacekeeping group, but they didn't go around slaughtering innocent. So I count that as peaceful. And they became stronger over time, but never enraged enough to transform. Until Cabbe met Vegeta who triggered him on purpose. Cabbe then told Caulifla what he does when transforming and she just had enough S-Cells herself to simply imitate him. And Kale... well... she seems to be a special case, due to Legendary-Berserk-Whatever-it-is-Stuff.

At least that's what I think, and nobody else cares or even reads it so.. whatever. What do I care?
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:47 am

PsionicWarrior wrote:Damn I'm so hyped after seeing the trailer lol

A NEW SAIYAN, WHOM NOBODY KNOWS
That is most likely a joke, I mean who doesn't know Broly?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:12 am

jeffbr92 wrote:

Most likely they are referring to the characters in the show. I wouldn’t be suprised if broly has been alive this whole time :problem:
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:43 am

budokaifanatic007 wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:

Most likely they are referring to the characters in the show. I wouldn’t be suprised if broly has been alive this whole time :problem:
No it means Goku Vegeta and co never met him before thus didn't fight him during the Cell games, meaning it's not the same Broly from the old movies, meaning the canon Broly is NOT the old Broly lol
This also means Toriyama and Toei actually give a damn about their universe's coherency cheers lol

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:57 am

If it wasn’t already obvious by Goku’s words in the trailer, the fact the movie is animated and produced by Toei and the fact that the manga Tournament of Power isn’t over yet and that Toyotaro will do his own version of the movie, here’s further confirmation that the movie is indeed a continuation of the Dragon Ball Super anime: https://mantan-web.jp/article/20180723d ... 3000c.html

Here is the translation from Google Translate, and it is actually quite accurate.
“The first bullet advance ticket of theatrical version animation "Dragon Ball Super (Super) Brolly" (director Takeshi Nagamine, released December 14), which is the 20th work of popular anime "Dragon Ball" originally written by Toriyama Akira, It was released on Wednesday, and it sold about 24,000 sheets in 3 days, it became clear on 23rd. In 2-day sales from the sale, it was a record of 207.2% of "236.7% of" Dragon Ball Z God and God "(released in 2013)" F "of Dragon Ball Z Resurrection" (released in 15 years).

The movie version is an episode following the TV animation "Dragon Ball Super", Toriyama also worked on screenplay and character design. The "legendary super saiyan" 's bellie stood in front of Son Goku, furthermore the history of the freeza army and the Saiyan figure is painted.

The first bullet ticket has "super god (God) change strap" of Goku or Vegeta of cold weather clothing.”
It is also nice to see they have already sold more than twice the amount of pre-sale tickets BoG and RoF sold respectively. The english trailer has also racked up more than 6 million of views on YouTube alone, so the movie is already shaping up to be a big success!
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:35 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:
budokaifanatic007 wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:
No it means Goku Vegeta and co never met him before thus didn't fight him during the Cell games, meaning it's not the same Broly from the old movies, meaning the canon Broly is NOT the old Broly lol
This also means Toriyama and Toei actually give a damn about their universe's coherency cheers lol
....I know that. I’m saying maybe he was in Universe 7 this whole time right under their noses. This is a shitty theory but I wouldn’t put it past dragon ball.
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:46 pm

"Dragon Ball Super Broly Movie
20-23rd July - Three days Weekend(Friday - Sunday) advance tickets sale - 23,866!

236.7% Greater than Battle of God's and 207.2% greater than Resurrection F!

*Advance Booking Started on 20th July!(Friday)"

"Advance Tickets Sold - On Weekend(First 3 days of Advance Booking)

Battle of Gods(2013) - 10139 Tickets

Resurrection F(2015) - 11583 Tickets

Broly Movie(2018)- 23,866 Tickets"

source https://twitter.com/GovetaXV/status/1021428242526363648
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:48 pm

JazzMazz wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: Perhaps Broly is a manufactured Super Saiyan who had S-Cells artificially injected into him at birth? That equiptment in the trailer was fairly conspicuous.

The shot in the trailer when Vegeta is fighting him, Vegeta states: 'Dammit, how is this possible, he improves while he fights'. It's almost like Broly has been 'programmed' en 'enhanced' to improve massively in a short period of time without additional training.
I was thinking more of the scene of the Saiyan child with the thing covering its lower quarters. Maybe it was being experimented upon in that tube? Who knows?

I just was wondering. If base Broly is > SSJG, him being a legendary SSJ, is that really enough for him to reach that levels of power he can even fight with a post-TOP Blue?
Last edited by Mister_Popo on Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:52 pm

BrolyKale wrote:"Dragon Ball Super Broly Movie
20-23rd July - Three days Weekend(Friday - Sunday) advance tickets sale - 23,866!

Toei wanted popularity and success... well... they definitely got it. Broly sure is something.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:03 pm

Fucking hell... Say what you will about Broly's character, but he puts butts in seats.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:12 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Fucking hell... Say what you will about Broly's character, but he puts butts in seats.
Only weak butts. :wink: Now, let's not place the responsibility into just one thing, certainly people are curious about the new artstyle and want to see it better at the theaters.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:49 pm

Was in the middle of posting something, but it didn't go through, for some reason.

Anyway, despite a whole bunch of movie trailers dropping, and a lot of mega-channels on youtube, the English Dub trailer is still #32 on trending with over 6 million views. And the reaction videos are piling up daily.

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:56 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:

Fucking hell... Say what you will about Broly's character, but he puts butts in seats.
It’s not just Broly. Look at how much of an impact the Super series has had on the franchise. It has increased their revenue by a ridiculous margin all because its now a constant in the public consciousness and not just a nostalgia act anymore. Tons of children are loving Dragon Ball for the first time. They’re simultaneously creating new fans while playing off nostalgia.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:01 pm

I think we can all rest assured that Super will be back, probably sooner than later as it has a very major role in these advance tickets DOUBLING the previous movie's numbers.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:03 pm

For those unsure when to evacuate the forums and what not, I advise November. The Movie Ichiban Kuji begins early December, which means the two mysterious characters will be formally revealed before and likely in November's V Jump.

This is exactly what happened with UI. March had an Ichiban Kuji scheduled for early that month... UI got formally revealed a few weeks before in February's V Jump.

Ichiban Kuji figures are the highest tier of prize figures in Japan so there two mysterious characters have to important, and since Vegeta doesn't have one scheduled more important than even him!

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:30 pm

The more I look at all the character models of Broly the more I think they’re going to find him as sort of a feral beast living off the land since he was sent off planet from Vegeta. Then they give him some new clothes and wash him up which is why his skin is a bit lighter.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:41 pm

budokaifanatic007 wrote: ....I know that. I’m saying maybe he was in Universe 7 this whole time right under their noses. This is a shitty theory but I wouldn’t put it past dragon ball.
Ah OK lol

SingleFringe&Sparks

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:48 pm

I prefer the theory that Paragus might be the one using Freeza's army independently somehow. I don't get why Freeza would work with Broly and Paragus after wanting to get rid of the Saiyans to begin with. Maybe Freeza doesn't know they're Saiyans when they meet them. The worst thing we could have is his character going in circles; unless hes meant to be that plot device now.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:51 pm

Any idea how long after ToP this will take? I don't expect Freeza to rebuild his army in a week.