Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:08 am

The synopsis for whats next on DBMFL is... interesting...
Director Nagamine, thank you! Next time DBMFL sneaks into Nagamine 's workplace ... You may also see confidential information! Look forward to it!
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:09 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:The synopsis for whats next on DBMFL is... interesting...
Director Nagamine, thank you! Next time DBMFL sneaks into Nagamine 's workplace ... You may also see confidential information! Look forward to it!
When is it, next month ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:20 am

sintzu wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:The synopsis for whats next on DBMFL is... interesting...
When is it, next month ?
No. Next week. We’ve been getting DBMFL every week since the first interview with the Chief of the Dragon Ball Room about the movie. We’re getting a peak at Nagamine’s workplace next week.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:29 am

Is this movie a joke?! Surely they can’t be serious :lol:. Yay, Toei ran out of ideas like they did with RoF and decided to bring Broly back for the fourth time, now with powers stronger than Super Saiyan Bluper Duper Saiyan God. LETZ GET HYPED FOR REHASHED IDEAS! Maybe his twin sister noodle arm Brola from DBSuper can tag team with fake Broly?

Wait, a new movie means another ridiculous transformation that praises Goku as the savior yet again, right? Goku’s new transformation looks like SSJ5 from Dragon Ball AF pictures from decades ago. HOW ORIGINAL!

Instead of an interesting side-story about King Vegeta or the original Super Saiyan, we get more transformations, bigger explosions, etc. BORRRRIINNGGGGG.

Basically, Goku and Vegeta meet fake Broly, dance around a little, realize he’s stronger than they thought, turn Super Saiyan to make it look like a classic DBZ movie, and then finally when Broly mysteriously transforms into this ridiculously powered transformation and runs them into the ground, Goku and Vegeta turn Super Saiyan God retarded and lose, but little do we know Mr. Goku has a white hair transformation up his sleeve for when things get rough.

This makes me cringe so hardcore. I could already make a better movie and I’m not even employed by Toei.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

theTUN
Not-So-Newbie

Post by theTUN » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:55 am

AnimeMaakuo wrote:Is this movie a joke?! Surely they can’t be serious :lol:. Yay, Toei ran out of ideas like they did with RoF and decided to bring Broly back for the fourth time, now with powers stronger than Super Saiyan Bluper Duper Saiyan God. LETZ GET HYPED FOR REHASHED IDEAS! Maybe his twin sister noodle arm Brola from DBSuper can tag team with fake Broly?

Wait, a new movie means another ridiculous transformation that praises Goku as the savior yet again, right? Goku’s new transformation looks like SSJ5 from Dragon Ball AF pictures from decades ago. HOW ORIGINAL!

Instead of an interesting side-story about King Vegeta or the original Super Saiyan, we get more transformations, bigger explosions, etc. BORRRRIINNGGGGG.

Basically, Goku and Vegeta meet fake Broly, dance around a little, realize he’s stronger than they thought, turn Super Saiyan to make it look like a classic DBZ movie, and then finally when Broly mysteriously transforms into this ridiculously powered transformation and runs them into the ground, Goku and Vegeta turn Super Saiyan God retarded and lose, but little do we know Mr. Goku has a white hair transformation up his sleeve for when things get rough.

This makes me cringe so hardcore. I could already make a better movie and I’m not even employed by Toei.
Now that's what I call a quality post.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:59 am

AnimeMaakuo wrote:Is this movie a joke?! Surely they can’t be serious :lol:. Yay, Toei ran out of ideas like they did with RoF and decided to bring Broly back for the fourth time, now with powers stronger than Super Saiyan Bluper Duper Saiyan God. LETZ GET HYPED FOR REHASHED IDEAS! Maybe his twin sister noodle arm Brola from DBSuper can tag team with fake Broly?

How much you wanna bet that ur still gonna see the movie though?

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:07 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:How much you wanna bet that ur still gonna see the movie though?
I’ve never watched Battle of Gods, RoF or DBSuper. Only short clips. I refuse to watch/support nonsense.
Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:09 pm

AnimeMaakuo wrote:Is this movie a joke?! Surely they can’t be serious
It is, but unfortunately not a good joke at all. This one makes you perform "facepalm" for quite some time.
AnimeMaakuo wrote:Instead of an interesting side-story about King Vegeta or the original Super Saiyan, we get more transformations, bigger explosions, etc.
You forgot that we continuously get more characters from the past that don't need to be back.

We can only wish that the past section of the movie be good and sufficient, but you know, considering how Toriyama deals with things these days...
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

theTUN
Not-So-Newbie

Post by theTUN » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:13 pm

AnimeMaakuo wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:How much you wanna bet that ur still gonna see the movie though?
I’ve never watched Battle of Gods, RoF or DBSuper. Only short clips. I refuse to watch/support nonsense.
You're the best, never stop posting.

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:28 pm

Grimlock wrote:
AnimeMaakuo wrote:Is this movie a joke?! Surely they can’t be serious
It is, but unfortunately not a good joke at all. This one makes you perform "facepalm" for quite some time.
AnimeMaakuo wrote:Instead of an interesting side-story about King Vegeta or the original Super Saiyan, we get more transformations, bigger explosions, etc.
You forgot that we continuously get more characters from the past that don't need to be back.

We can only wish that the past section of the movie be good and sufficient, but you know, considering how Toriyama deals with things these days...
It’s a shame that companies these days turn classic shows (that brought them good fortune) into a fan-service or something non-inspiring. Take Pokémon for example. Nobody will remember the 1,200th Pokémon. Only the first generation, second, or third. Soon, when the brand has been milked to death, it will no longer stand for anything except for “another classic show that fell victim to the minds of greedy businessmen”.

By the way, I love your signature. Mind if I use it?
My YouTube

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:35 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:

How much you wanna bet that ur still gonna see the movie though?
He has somewhat of a point. Listen, I’m a lifelong DB fan and I love Super along with the revival we’ve gotten the past few years. But I would be lying if I said it wasn’t a bit unoriginal. It feels like they’re just a marketing team coming up with who to bring back that was popular. Future Trunks is popular! Freeza is popular! Broly is popular!

I enjoy it, but it’s a few grades removed in quality from the original manga. Freeza was once a wholly new villain and idea and so was Broly and Trunks. They’ve resorted too much to simple and easy concepts in place of anything truly new. Beerus and Whis were the best thing to happen to the franchise but that was where they really stopped.

SSJ Blue is basically SSJ with blue hair aesthetically. SSJ2 wasn’t a huge change either, but the thing that made THAT interesting was it was Gohan who got it first and it completed a character arc for him. A coming of age tale. The look of the form was inconsequential to the story around it in impact. Blue had no on-screen explanation and was merely explained away in a line of dialogue. It has no impact visually or tied to a story.

I enjoyed the Goku Black/FT arc however, it was the closest to a truly new idea that was entertaining even if they brought back FT. I hope this movie swings more in that direction than ROF for example.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:37 pm

AnimeMaakuo wrote:It’s a shame that companies these days turn classic shows (that brought them good fortune) into a fan-service or something non-inspiring. Take Pokémon for example. Nobody will remember the 1,200th Pokémon. Only the first generation, second, or third. Soon, when the brand has been milked to death, it will no longer stand for anything except for “another classic show that fell victim to the minds of greedy businessmen”.
I don't have problems with fanservice, as long as it is done properly and the result is good, then okay. But most of the fanservice the "main series" has been doing is extremely bad. The "non-inspiring" that you mentioned fits better, they have tons of material to work with, but they prefer to rehash the same old ideas and boring characters.

Dragon Ball is in its way to become that, it's so sad to see this franchise that you once loved turning into another bland cash cow with works being done without any goal, it's just to please the majority of the fans with endless fights/tournaments and popular characters. I said "franchise" earlier but fortunately there is a good part of it, the video-games, which dare to bring other stories with more interesting and new characters. So maybe if you want a relief, take a look at them.
AnimeMaakuo wrote:By the way, I love your signature. Mind if I use it?
Nope, use it. :)
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:49 pm

AnimeMaakuo wrote:I’ve never watched Battle of Gods, RoF or DBSuper. Only short clips. I refuse to watch/support nonsense.
Short clips count as "watching". Not for a discussion, though, as it's very apparent that you're ill-informed.
AnimeMaakuo wrote:It’s a shame that companies these days turn classic shows (that brought them good fortune) into a fan-service or something non-inspiring. Take Pokémon for example. Nobody will remember the 1,200th Pokémon. Only the first generation, second, or third. Soon, when the brand has been milked to death, it will no longer stand for anything except for “another classic show that fell victim to the minds of greedy businessmen”.
Oh, ok, you just want to remain in the past. There's nothing wrong with it but you have to remember the world isn't stagnant. Better yet, let's have informed opinions instead of blaming "evil companies", ok?

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:57 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
AnimeMaakuo wrote:I’ve never watched Battle of Gods, RoF or DBSuper. Only short clips. I refuse to watch/support nonsense.
Short clips count as "watching". Not for a discussion, though, as it's very apparent that you're ill-informed.
Oh, ok, you just want to remain in the past. There's nothing wrong with it but you have to remember the world isn't stagnant. Better yet, let's have informed opinions instead of blaming "evil companies", ok?
That is probably the most ignorant thing anyone has ever said to me on Kanzenshuu.

Come to think of it, I did watch Future Trunks kill a villain that is 1000x stronger than him by gathering energy into his sword from people on various planets. They basically combined the Genki Dama and Future Trunks slicing Freeza idea into one attack, while ignoring how fast the villain was compared to Future Trunks. Completely unoriginal! But... you know... I’m ill-informed because I haven’t watched the entirety of DBSuper and I’m totally stuck in the past.

Am I supposed to watch RoF to have an appreciation of the same Freeza but colored gold with powers stronger than Super Saiyan Bluper God Saiyan?
Last edited by AnimeMaakuo on Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My YouTube

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:11 pm

If Cheelai, Lemo and Broly pick up a cat and a pig, they can form their own evil Dragon Ball gang. :lol:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:21 pm

So you're judging something and calling it nonsense yet you've never seen any of it ? I think it has more to do with you not wanting your current image of the franchise to change.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:24 pm

Basically, Goku and Vegeta meet fake Broly, dance around a little, realize he’s stronger than they thought, turn Super Saiyan to make it look like a classic DBZ
Basically, you came here and posted a message in this thread, and realise you are criticizing a cartoon for Kids. Just be greatfull dragon ball is back and enjoy it.

Before you say that you have the right for a opinion, remmember so have I.
Last edited by Pannaliciour on Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:25 pm

Pannaliciour wrote: Just be greatfull dragon ball is back and enjoy it.

Before you post that you have a opinion, so have I.
If you realize he can have an opinion then why do you even tell him he should be grateful for something if he does not need to be grateful for anything?
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:26 pm

AnimeMaakuo wrote:That is probably the most ignorant thing anyone has ever said to me on Kanzenshuu.
Could you explain why?

Also how can you know something is nonsense by just watching short clips? Unless you want to argue that you can fairly judge a 100 pages story by just randomly picking 5 pages.
AnimeMaakuo wrote:Come to think of it, I did watch Future Trunks kill a villain that is 1000x stronger than him by gathering energy into his sword from people on various planets. They basically combined the Genki Dama and Future Trunks slicing Freeza idea into one attack, while ignoring how fast the villain was compared to Future Trunks. Completely unoriginal! But... you know... I’m ill-informed because I haven’t watched the entirety of DBSuper and I’m totally stuck in the past.

Am I supposed to watch RoF to have an appreciation of the same Freeza but colored gold with powers stronger than Super Saiyan Bluper God Saiyan?
You don't need to watch the movie/show to appreciate them but, you would need to watch them to provide a well informed and fair argument. Unless you want to argue that you can fairly judge a 100 pages story by just randomly picking 5 pages.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:28 pm

Cetra wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote: Just be greatfull dragon ball is back and enjoy it.

Before you post that you have a opinion, so have I.
If you realize he can have an opinion then why do you even tell him he should be grateful for something if he does not need to be grateful for anything?
Because I have the right to have a opinion, woww DEJA VU