"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IM21
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by IM21 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:06 pm

Saiga wrote:
IM21 wrote:I just got the english vol 3 of the manga and it sucks that VIZ didn't correct the Zeno button and the Gowasu and Whis dialogue. It's weird cause in the Japanese volume it's corrected.
What were these corrections?
Zeno's button that he gives goku has two buttons in the corrected version while he only had abutton on one side in the vjump release. The gowasu and whis greeting was also corrected. Yo can check this stuff on kanzenshuu in the manga guide section.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:48 pm

Doctor. wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:He didn't even desire to help his own team mates when they were being annihilated.
He did that in the beginning of the tournament. It just feels like Toyotaro did a complete 180 with him.
Maybe. It does seem to be a different direction, but we're not given a whole lot to analyze here. Just because Jiren didn't want to go help his comrades in that moment, that doesn't necessarily mean that he thinks they're scum. He might just disagree with Goku's way of doing things, and doesn't respect that Goku's not taking this seriously. This far into the tournament, he might be confident enough to win without the help of his teammates. All we know that Jiren wants for sure is a wish, so if he's confident in obtaining it at this point, nothing else matters.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:14 am

ekrolo2 wrote:Kid Boo's a deranged little creep who likes to hurt people, Jiren isn't characterized like that unless you egg him on like Freeza does. There's no good reason he's not one-shoting Goku in anything less than UI, much less Base form.
That's a good point why this arc sucks so bad. It relies to much on plot convenience, don't know how is going to end in the manga, but the final battle in the anime apart from great animation was just terrible.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:02 pm

Noah wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Kid Boo's a deranged little creep who likes to hurt people, Jiren isn't characterized like that unless you egg him on like Freeza does. There's no good reason he's not one-shoting Goku in anything less than UI, much less Base form.
That's a good point why this arc sucks so bad. It relies to much on plot convenience, don't know how is going to end in the manga, but the final battle in the anime apart from great animation was just terrible.
As long as the plot convenience in the manga won’t revive goku from one chapter to the other and the final fight is executed with originality and well written .. the ending can be acceptable.. consider the simple foundation of this arc , is the maximum we can expect . The more different route toyo will take , the better .
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:19 am

Random thought: Maybe, once Jiren is the only opponent remaining, Goku will be pushed to Ultra Instinct Omen and force Jiren to use his full power (or at least a good portion of it) for the first time, at which point Goku equals Jiren or perhaps Jiren only slightly exceeds Goku. Of course, Goku then burns out much more quickly than Jiren, at which point Vegeta and perhaps Freeza jump in to buy him time. Once they've been thoroughly clobbered (and Vegeta likely eliminated), Goku gets pushed to completed Ultra Instinct, at which point events play out largely as they do in the anime. It's the only way I can currently imagine Ultra Instinct Omen working in the manga. Just something my half-wake brain put together without my permission. Thoughts?
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:15 am

Black Hawk wrote:Random thought: Maybe, once Jiren is the only opponent remaining, Goku will be pushed to Ultra Instinct Omen and force Jiren to use his full power (or at least a good portion of it) for the first time, at which point Goku equals Jiren or perhaps Jiren only slightly exceeds Goku. Of course, Goku then burns out much more quickly than Jiren, at which point Vegeta and perhaps Freeza jump in to buy him time. Once they've been thoroughly clobbered (and Vegeta likely eliminated), Goku gets pushed to completed Ultra Instinct, at which point events play out largely as they do in the anime. It's the only way I can currently imagine Ultra Instinct Omen working in the manga. Just something my half-wake brain put together without my permission. Thoughts?
UI Omen probably won't be in the manga, and it would be better that way.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:05 pm

Bergamo wrote:UI Omen probably won't be in the manga, and it would be better that way.
I'm thinking the same thing, though I admit the artwork someone posted recently (and its inverted equivalent) seemingly depicting Ultra Instinct Omen (as Goku's hair is dark) has me very curious and even open to the idea. If it does appear in the manga, I have confidence in Toyotaro's ability to portray it incredibly well.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:31 pm

How come in the manga there were only four Time Rings with only one of them being created within the past 400 years?

They've seemingly counted Trunks' timeline as being that new one but shouldn't there be an additional one for Cell's timeline as well? Also I think there's supposed to be a fourth timeline involved too.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:45 pm

Bergamo wrote:
Black Hawk wrote:Random thought: Maybe, once Jiren is the only opponent remaining, Goku will be pushed to Ultra Instinct Omen and force Jiren to use his full power (or at least a good portion of it) for the first time, at which point Goku equals Jiren or perhaps Jiren only slightly exceeds Goku. Of course, Goku then burns out much more quickly than Jiren, at which point Vegeta and perhaps Freeza jump in to buy him time. Once they've been thoroughly clobbered (and Vegeta likely eliminated), Goku gets pushed to completed Ultra Instinct, at which point events play out largely as they do in the anime. It's the only way I can currently imagine Ultra Instinct Omen working in the manga. Just something my half-wake brain put together without my permission. Thoughts?
Yeah UI is going to come out of nowhere in the manga lol.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:06 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Bergamo wrote:
They have literally told us that Goku's going to get Ultra Instinct in the manga. It has been foreshadowed for a while now.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:44 pm

Bergamo wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Bergamo wrote: UI Omen probably won't be in the manga, and it would be better that way.
They have literally told us that Goku's going to get Ultra Instinct in the manga. It has been foreshadowed for a while now.
Yes promotional material told us that hes going to get UI. Absolutely nothing in the story has foreshadowed it whatsoever

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:13 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Bergamo wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Yes promotional material told us that hes going to get UI. Absolutely nothing in the story has foreshadowed it whatsoever

The foreshadowing has been everywhere. Why do you ridicule the manga when you aren't even familiar with the details of the story. All you are doing is spreading hate.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:19 pm

Bullza wrote:How come in the manga there were only four Time Rings with only one of them being created within the past 400 years?

They've seemingly counted Trunks' timeline as being that new one but shouldn't there be an additional one for Cell's timeline as well? Also I think there's supposed to be a fourth timeline involved too.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
This post explain all that very well I.m.o . Thanks to the poster b.t.w
I think you aren’t counting the silver time ring as another time line

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:28 pm

Bergamo wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Bergamo wrote: They have literally told us that Goku's going to get Ultra Instinct in the manga. It has been foreshadowed for a while now.

The foreshadowing has been everywhere. Why do you ridicule the manga when you aren't even familiar with the details of the story. All you are doing is spreading hate.
The only real foreshasowing was the comment by Goku to hit. The rest is just explaining what it even is. I will admit I forgot about that line of dialogue between those two.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:35 pm

Bergamo wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Bergamo wrote: They have literally told us that Goku's going to get Ultra Instinct in the manga. It has been foreshadowed for a while now.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

The foreshadowing has been everywhere.
Yeap , goku trained for that and saw Beerus u.i technique in action
Pmf18 you have to read the manga , as a “ promotional material” contains unseen material and differences that make sense , don’t be blind because of anime fanboyism

MoscoSama
Temporarily Banned

Post by MoscoSama » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:41 pm

The manga did more UI foreshadowing in the Universe Survival Arc than the anime did in the same arc. Goku literally just popped out in 110 with Mastery of Self Movement and if not for episode spoilers, nobody could have seen it.

However I guess Toyo is a hack for foreshadowing the power in the arc it would appear in instead of 3 arcs ago and forgetting to mention it until goku achieved it like the anime did

:roll:

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:47 pm

MoscoSama wrote:The manga did more UI foreshadowing in the Universe Survival Arc than the anime did in the same arc. Goku literally just popped out in 110 with Mastery of Self Movement and if not for episode spoilers, nobody could have seen it.

However I guess Toyo is a hack for foreshadowing the power in the arc it would appear in instead of 3 arcs ago and forgetting to mention it until goku achieved it like the anime did

:roll:
Yeah. I totally hate how people refuse to acknowledge the triumphs of the DBS manga, because they feel like they have some sort of arbitrary loyalty to the DBS anime.

Jesus-is Lord
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jesus-is Lord » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:15 pm

How do you guys think this Kefla vs Gohan fight will go? I feel like gohan is going to use a technquie and teamwork to best kefla. What type of technique is Toyo going showcase, mafuba? Is gohan going to exploit a weakness of kefla? What is toyotaro going to do? Or unless he's going to make ultimate Gohan as strong as kefla in which I wouldn't have to much of an problem with it, though it's be head scratching. It makes more sense then gohan in the anime being blue level with casual training and like 10 hours of intense gaining from piccolo in the woods. Lol

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:26 pm

Jesus-is Lord wrote:How do you guys think this Kefla vs Gohan fight will go? I feel like gohan is going to use a technquie and teamwork to best kefla. What type of technique is Toyo going showcase, mafuba? Is gohan going to exploit a weakness of kefla? What is toyotaro going to do? Or unless he's going to make ultimate Gohan as strong as kefla in which I wouldn't have to much of an problem with it, though it's be head scratching. It makes more sense then gohan in the anime being blue level with casual training and like 10 hours of intense gaining from piccolo in the woods. Lol
Kale is said to be a demonic saiyan. Master Roshi has a demon seal. I think it will happen.

Jesus-is Lord
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jesus-is Lord » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:38 pm

Bergamo wrote:
Jesus-is Lord wrote:How do you guys think this Kefla vs Gohan fight will go? I feel like gohan is going to use a technquie and teamwork to best kefla. What type of technique is Toyo going showcase, mafuba? Is gohan going to exploit a weakness of kefla? What is toyotaro going to do? Or unless he's going to make ultimate Gohan as strong as kefla in which I wouldn't have to much of an problem with it, though it's be head scratching. It makes more sense then gohan in the anime being blue level with casual training and like 10 hours of intense gaining from piccolo in the woods. Lol
Kale is said to be a demonic saiyan. Master Roshi has a demon seal. I think it will happen.
Interesting prognostication, but Roshi can only seal with the mafuba and he needs a jar. Unless he mafuba her out of the stage but does Roshi have that type of power. And dyspo and kahsersal are still in this thing, too. Unless if 17 can...we have Frieza still in here. I always seen to forget about him. Gohan and Roshi vs kefla would be cool.