Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by TheOne » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:36 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
TheOne wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Vegeta fused with Goku in the Buu Saga, yet never got Super Saiyan 3. The whole passing knowledge thing was only a thing in the Super manga about Vegeta knowing about completed Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.

He's stronger than a God of Destruction with UI, not closed to.
In my statement I clearly offered a reason why that theory of merging bodies wouldn’t be too logical. The extra example of ssj3 served as no real purpose. Toei has made it clear they are willing to change things up as they see fit. We grew up with Trunks having purple hair and they want to pretend as if his hair has always been blue. That’s not the only thing just an example.

As far as Goku being stronger than a God of Destruction, read the Broly summary. He’s close but he’s clearly not there yet. If you’re going to call the writers a liar, then I think you should start writing your own dragon ball series instead. Since you clearly want to Force your head canon on everyone else.
Umm, goku beat a guy who was stronger than his god of destruction. So yes, at the very least, goku is at god of destruction level, and above at least a couple, not nessessarily all of them.
This should be another testament to how bad these people are at their job. For a show as popular as this, you’d think they’d be able to make things more transparent. Instead, you’re having people divided and arguing over extremely vague details that could easily be fixed with a little more planning.
How i predict the tournament will end:

theTUN
Not-So-Newbie

Post by theTUN » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:48 am

TheOne wrote:
Jesus-is Lord wrote:How do you guys think this movie will end
Also, what information do you think Akira is going to reveal to us about the sayains and such?
I think it’ll end with Goku and broly having some kind of weird friendship. Not like in the past where Broly mindlessly hated everyone. Reading the summaries about Freeza's henchmen helped solidly in my guess that Broly wouldn’t mind some form of friendship. We will see what happens
I could see him being friendly with Chirai at first, but she either dies or betrays him and that's what really sets him off.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:11 am

TheOne wrote:As far as Goku being stronger than a God of Destruction, read the Broly summary. He’s close but he’s clearly not there yet. If you’re going to call the writers a liar, then I think you should start writing your own dragon ball series instead. Since you clearly want to Force your head canon on everyone else.
I agree with you.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:21 am

Miracles wrote:
TheMikado wrote:As a Vegeta fan this is why I like GT Vegeta. He’s moved on with his life.
Hahahaha :lol:

I love it. The only thing I hate tho is the way Vegeta needed a ray gun to become 4. Disrespect.
Well, it is still better than having pulled powers out of his ass becoming stronger than a SSJ3 as a SSJ2.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:23 am

theTUN wrote:
TheOne wrote:
Also, what information do you think Akira is going to reveal to us about the sayains and such?
I think it’ll end with Goku and broly having some kind of weird friendship. Not like in the past where Broly mindlessly hated everyone. Reading the summaries about Freeza's henchmen helped solidly in my guess that Broly wouldn’t mind some form of friendship. We will see what happens
I could see him being friendly with Chirai at first, but she either dies or betrays him and that's what really sets him off.
Plz be this. I dont usually welcome death of thicc characters but when i do, its for character development of villains.
I hope Broly and Cheelai actually do have some sort of development and she’s not just some unimportant one-off
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:12 am

TheOne wrote:This should be another testament to how bad these people are at their job. For a show as popular as this, you’d think they’d be able to make things more transparent. Instead, you’re having people divided and arguing over extremely vague details that could easily be fixed with a little more planning.
They're bad at their job for being vague? :| Have you considered that being the point?

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:17 am

I was afraid that Jiren and UI power levels would make Frieza obsolete, but he still seems to be a valid threat to the team. I also like the fact that he's becoming more of an orchestrator/chessmaster rather than a bloodthirsty brute.

What will make or break this movie (for me) will be if Frieza will be utterly humiliated by Broly without having any badass moments himself. The tyrant needs to shine in the film, otherwise he'll suffer from Villain Decay, like in the old Z movies.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:18 am

Noah wrote:
Miracles wrote:
TheMikado wrote:As a Vegeta fan this is why I like GT Vegeta. He’s moved on with his life.

I love it. The only thing I hate tho is the way Vegeta needed a ray gun to become 4. Disrespect.
Well, it is still better than having pulled powers out of his ass becoming stronger than a SSJ3 as a SSJ2.
lol

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:29 am

It's a shame he didn't move on with his power and degree of contribution in major fights.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:19 am

Broly is defeated but not dead.
Dialogue between bills and whis about goku and co.
Something about new sayans around U7.
Freeza and his new projects.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:37 am

I think Broly’s runaway power allows humans Goku to fight to a draw with Broly having the edge.

Frieza is impressed with Broly but unhappy his men tried to influence him, which backfired and got them killed and caused Broly to go berserk.

Frieza takes Broly with the threat that with his power he will rule over all.
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:43 am

Miracles wrote:
HeroR wrote:He's stronger than a God of Destruction with UI, not closed to.
You're right, stronger than Belmound.
Except Whis clearly said that the mortal that a God of Destruction can't destroy is stronger than Beerus. The only refute we got from Beerus was 'it was arm wrestling', where Beerus has every reason to play down his lost.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:46 am

TheOne wrote:
In my statement I clearly offered a reason why that theory of merging bodies wouldn’t be too logical. The extra example of ssj3 served as no real purpose. Toei has made it clear they are willing to change things up as they see fit. We grew up with Trunks having purple hair and they want to pretend as if his hair has always been blue. That’s not the only thing just an example.

As far as Goku being stronger than a God of Destruction, read the Broly summary. He’s close but he’s clearly not there yet. If you’re going to call the writers a liar, then I think you should start writing your own dragon ball series instead. Since you clearly want to Force your head canon on everyone else.
Purple hair Trunks was actually Toriyama that Toei didn't bother to change. The fact, nothing suggest that the fusion retain knowledge outside of Vegeta knowing about Completed Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan in the manga.

That is again assuming that they're talking about UI, which Goku doesn't even has free access to. And the writers throughout Super stated that UI is state beyond the Gods of Destruction with Jiren called a mortal stronger than a God of Destruction. This isn't 'head canon' as you so neatly put it.
alakazam^ wrote:
TheOne wrote:This should be another testament to how bad these people are at their job. For a show as popular as this, you’d think they’d be able to make things more transparent. Instead, you’re having people divided and arguing over extremely vague details that could easily be fixed with a little more planning.
They're bad at their job for being vague? :| Have you considered that being the point?

It's not even vague. I mean, the show told us several times that Jiren is stronger than a God of Destruction with Whis even saying 'this god is stronger than Beerus'. It's fans who keep splitting hairs.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:02 pm

You know I'm going to do something I have not done once ever since BoG's was announced.

I've spoiled every single Dragon Ball related thing for the past 4 years, I think I've seen and know enough already. I'm quitting the forum and dodging every single db channel or outlet till I see the film first hand. Thats gonna be hard, I've only ever done that twice since I joined, during the recruitment arc when I got sick and tired of all the bickering and then after Super ended, and in both cases only for a month or so. I'm signing myself up for a year or more :cry:.

Oh well see you guys then, if anyone remembers me that is lol.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:01 pm

HeroR wrote:
Miracles wrote:Except Whis clearly said that the mortal that a God of Destruction can't destroy is stronger than Beerus. The only refute we got from Beerus was 'it was arm wrestling', where Beerus has every reason to play down his lost.
We know for a fact that Beerus only lost in arm wrestling and not combat ever in Toriyama's outline in both manga/anime. So Beerus wasn't lying unlike Whis spreading false rumors.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:00 pm

Where was it ever shown or implied that Beerus was stronger than Belmond and Jiren? I feel people are overestimating Beerus’ power.
Last edited by shadd21 on Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:51 pm

Noah wrote:
Miracles wrote:

No it’s NOT! Him being stronger than a SSJ3 as a SSJ2 all by will power/anger is far more impressive and worth of respect than him reaching SSJ4 with outside help. This should be blindingly obvious to anyone.

Pride > No Pride.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:44 pm

sintzu wrote:
It's a shame he didn't move on with his power and degree of contribution in major fights.
This is the same thing that's happened to pretty much every Z-fighter in Super outside of Frieza. Vegeta just happened to get lucky this time around with the writers deciding to not have him take the Gohan route.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:50 pm

shadd21 wrote:Where was it ever shown or implied that Beerus was stronger than Belmond and Jiren? I feel people are overestimating Beerus’ power.
Beerus was show in the Manga taking on all the other Hakaishin at the same time while using an imperfect Ultra Instinct. None of the other Hakaishin showed any hints of UI. He is also able to one-shot CSSB Vegeta who is strong enough to be a Hakaishin candidate in other universes.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:56 pm

Miracles wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Miracles wrote:Except Whis clearly said that the mortal that a God of Destruction can't destroy is stronger than Beerus. The only refute we got from Beerus was 'it was arm wrestling', where Beerus has every reason to play down his lost.
We know for a fact that Beerus only lost in arm wrestling and not combat ever in Toriyama's outline in both manga/anime. So Beerus wasn't lying unlike Whis spreading false rumors.
How do we know for a fact that ‘Beerus only lost in arm wrestling and not combat ever‘? Dod you see this in question? Did someone in Super say this is what happened? Where is your evidence?
Kaiosama wrote:
shadd21 wrote:Where was it ever shown or implied that Beerus was stronger than Belmond and Jiren? I feel people are overestimating Beerus’ power.
Beerus was show in the Manga taking on all the other Hakaishin at the same time while using an imperfect Ultra Instinct. None of the other Hakaishin showed any hints of UI. He is also able to one-shot CSSB Vegeta who is strong enough to be a Hakaishin candidate in other universes.

He dodged them for a while and then got grabbed from behind. He was then tagged, trapped, and was bloody by the end of the battle. So he isn’t that far beyond the other gods, especially when Belmond wasn’t hurt since he played dead.
Kanassa wrote: