Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:12 pm

YamiGoku wrote:I don't know why people are underestimating fusions so much now...

Fusions are overpowered, the only real downside is the time limit, if you remove the time limit and the saiyans pride, then they will fuse constantly.
It's mainly because fusions have been overtaken by stronger things, like opponents at or beyond the level of Gods of Destruction and Ultra Instinct.

And I'm honestly fine with that.

I tend to not like fusions most of the time.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:54 pm

I don't like fusions because outside of Gotenks they're mostly replacing more interesting individual characters with more balanced, blander characters who've had their more enjoyable flaws scrubbed away because of that balance.

Vegetto and Gogeta are better people than Goku and Vegeta, but they're way less enjoyable to watch in action imo.

Even Merged Zamasu isn't as fun to watch as the duo of Goku Black and Future Zamasu.

Kefla's just a stronger Caulifla; I preferred her and Kale fighting as a team instead of Kale becoming fuel for Kefla. They Goten'd her in that fusion pretty hard.

Gotenks is the only mainline fusion I enjoy watching because he's got a bigger personality than Goten and Kid Trunks.

Fusion is something I wish they'd grow past. I want to see new stuff and I did get to see it in the form of, well, all the new forms in Super. I understand nostalgia makes money, but I've never liked fusion and have no nostalgia for it.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Daisetsu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daisetsu » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:58 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:People are free to ignore all the overwhelming evidence of Gogeta but don't act shocked or start complaining when he gets revealed in November.
Says an out of timeline XENOVERSE is evidence... :lol:

Despite the fact Goku and Vegeta refuse to fight a single opponent fused?
They don't even try to fight together either.
The Goku and Vegeta vs Jiren fight says hi.

Also, was it ever ACTUALLY stated in the series that they refuse to fight a single opponent as a fusion?
Only once, before the fight with Pure Buu. Goku said he preferred to fight as a single being also that it just wouldn't be fair to Buu who didn't have anyone absorbed anymore. However, later on in the fight, Goku beats himself up for that decision since Buu was stronger than than he thought.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:03 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
YamiGoku wrote:I don't know why people are underestimating fusions so much now...

Fusions are overpowered, the only real downside is the time limit, if you remove the time limit and the saiyans pride, then they will fuse constantly.
It's mainly because fusions have been overtaken by stronger things, like opponents at or beyond the level of Gods of Destruction and Ultra Instinct.

They havent been overtaken... ssb vegito was alreary at hakaishin level in the zamasu arc. A current ssb vegito will vastly outstrip zamasu arc ssb vegito, and that goes for a current ssb gogeta too. we dont even know how much more powerfull vegeta and goku are in the movie than when they were at the end of the TOP.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:09 pm

Miracles wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:People are free to ignore all the overwhelming evidence of Gogeta but don't act shocked or start complaining when he gets revealed in November.

It's not the only evidence. *Cracks Nuckle*.

Evidence A:
Toei announce triple feature theatre run in USA. Broly M8, Fusion Reborn M12, Bardock TVSP.

Broly gets revealed as the new villain...
Planet Vegeta confirmed to appear...
Thus Fusion Reborn significance is only Gogeta...hmm.

Evidence B:
XV2 datamine.

SSGSS is currently an active form they would not allow video games to start using it creatively like Raging Blast with SS3 like how SDBH not giving SSG/SSGSS to any one expect the avatar characters, despite going as far as giving Cell arc Gohan SS3 in the past.

Evidence C:
Bandai Spirits December Ichiban Kuji with Prize B & C being lablled "New Movie Character A & B", Ichiban Kuji is the highest tier of prize figures in Japan minor characters will not be apart it. Banpresto are expecting one of the new characters to be popular enough they are releasing them overseas along with Full Power and SSGSS Goku from the Kuji

Evidence D:
December's WCF Vol.1 have blanks but currently have a Goku so another Goku seems slim. Not to mention WCF has three 12 high ratio's these are usually reserved for super popular characters one was Goku the other waa revealed to be Vegeta and the third? Fusion fits that bill.

Evidence E:
Bandai's December Gashapon list two blanks as "Movie Character A1 & A2". Thus giving away it's one character but different versions so ie different forms.

Evidence F:
December's Shikishi Art 7 description all but confirms no UI Goku:

"...
In this bullet, we will line up the characters that will appear in the movie "Dragon Ball Super Broly" to be released on December 14th. Others from "Dragon Ball Super" from "Ultra Instinct Son Goku" and so on will also appear".

They made the distinction UI Goku is from other "DBS" not the movie. Why make the distinction like that unless UI isn't in the movie? Like in Evidence E where Bandai have both the DBS Broly and DBS logo because one of the releases has Future Trunks.

All this does is add more to the suspicion that the big secret is Gogeta.

Evidence G:
January's Ultimate Soldiers IV I called on Monday it was gonna be Gogeta and thus blanked.... Sure enough it was blanked! The description of it is I believe along the lines "A character that plays an active part in the movie appears as a powerful figure!". Also the figure is 21cm meanwhile SSGSS Goku was 20cm and Vegeta 18cm.

A description fitting of Gogeta no?

If after all this you still don't at the very least entertain the idea that Gogeta might appear then you are just really kidding yourself.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:10 pm

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
"With set 5 of the DBSCG coming soon, they’ll be having a 2nd PV the same day as the panel at NYCC, and considering the set after this has nothing to do with Broly at all, there will probably be movie characters in this set. And of all characters to show, they silhouette Gogeta" https://twitter.com/DBSBrolyNews/status ... 2897759232
I guess its undeniable now

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:16 pm

Why do so many contrarians in this fandom hate fusion? I wouldn't mind Vegito being the star of at least one arc or a slice of life episode.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:40 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Miracles wrote:

Evidence A:
Toei announce triple feature theatre run in USA. Broly M8, Fusion Reborn M12, Bardock TVSP.

Evidence B:
XV2 datamine.

SSGSS is currently an active form they would not allow video games to start using it creatively like Raging Blast with SS3 like how SDBH not giving SSG/SSGSS to any one expect the avatar characters, despite going as far as giving Cell arc Gohan SS3 in the past.

Evidence C:
Bandai Spirits December Ichiban Kuji with Prize B & C being lablled "New Movie Character A & B", Ichiban Kuji is the highest tier of prize figures in Japan minor characters will not be apart it. Banpresto are expecting one of the new characters to be popular enough they are releasing them overseas along with Full Power and SSGSS Goku from the Kuji

Evidence D:
December's WCF Vol.1 have blanks but currently have a Goku so another Goku seems slim. Not to mention WCF has three 12 high ratio's these are usually reserved for super popular characters one was Goku the other waa revealed to be Vegeta and the third? Fusion fits that bill.

Evidence E:
Bandai's December Gashapon list two blanks as "Movie Character A1 & A2". Thus giving away it's one character but different versions so ie different forms.

Evidence F:

"...
In this bullet, we will line up the characters that will appear in the movie "Dragon Ball Super Broly" to be released on December 14th. Others from "Dragon Ball Super" from "Ultra Instinct Son Goku" and so on will also appear".

They made the distinction UI Goku is from other "DBS" not the movie. Why make the distinction like that unless UI isn't in the movie? Like in Evidence E where Bandai have both the DBS Broly and DBS logo because one of the releases has Future Trunks.

Evidence G:
January's Ultimate Soldiers IV I called on Monday it was gonna be Gogeta and thus blanked.... Sure enough it was blanked! The description of it is I believe along the lines "A character that plays an active part in the movie appears as a powerful figure!". Also the figure is 21cm meanwhile SSGSS Goku was 20cm and Vegeta 18cm.

If after all this you still don't at the very least entertain the idea that Gogeta might appear then you are just really kidding yourself.
Bro. This is literally me on the db reddit when someone tells me there is no evidence. Lol
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:20 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Miracles wrote:

The Goku and Vegeta vs Jiren fight says hi.

Also, was it ever ACTUALLY stated in the series that they refuse to fight a single opponent as a fusion?
Chapter: 509 (DBZ 315), P6.8, P7.1-5
Context: after Kaioshin hands Goku his Potara, but he refuses it
Goku: “…Like I thought, these…just ain’t suited for us…Even though you went out of your way to hand ‘em over…We want to fight with only our own power. I’m sorry, especially since things are so dangerous now…But [Boo] ain’t merged anymore either…“
Elder Kaioshin: “Yo-you idiot! What are you saying?! And at a time like this! It’s not like you gu-guys are in a martial arts match with Boo, you know!”
Vegeta: “…Well said, Kakarot. Just like a true…Saiyan.”
Kaioshins: “…!”
Goku: “It’s alright. I’m tellin’ ya, don’t worry. He can’t come all the way here. We’ll think up some sorta strategy. I feel bad for the aliens who will be sacrificed in the meantime, but we’ll use the dragonballs later…”

BTW, When I say they don't fight together, I am talking Toriyama only. There is no evidence that Toriyama had Goku and Vegeta tag team against Jiren in his outline. In Toriyama's movies, HIS sole scripts has had Goku and Vegeta stay separate. This Broly movie is his alone aswell with no added story points from outsiders.

:thumbup:
kudo6000 wrote:
Miracles wrote:Despite the fact Goku and Vegeta refuse to fight a single opponent fused?
Yes, they said this in RoF. We’re in 2018 now. A lot has happened; Goku and Vegeta vs Zamasu, Goku and Vegeta against Jiren, Goku and Vegeta vs the fucking Trio De Danger.

Unless you’re talking about the manga, then your argument is moot.
Not really. I'm talking Toriyama ONLY scripts. Not other writers with their own additions. Toriyama has Goku and Vegeta stay this way in BOTH of his own movies [BOG/ROF]. This Broly movie is another Toriyama Solo Scriptora! :lol:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Miracles wrote:

Evidence A:

Evidence B:
XV2 datamine.

Evidence C:

Evidence D:

Evidence E:

Evidence F:

"...

Evidence G:

You're evidence is based on unconfirmed revealings and those unconfirmed revealings that you are even guessing on are somehow going to be in the movie?
The only evidence for Gogeta that is credible is the promotion movies with movie 12 being one of them. But even that is still suspect.

I'm not saying it's not possible for Gogeta to be in but to say so because of a bucket of connecting the dots guess work on merchandise and games? Sorry need some more. :lol:

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:46 pm

New DBMFL post continues to look at the artwork for the film.

The palace at the top of the artwork is King Vegeta's palace. The image on top is from Movie 8, so they took inspiration from that to create King Vegeta's palace for this new movie.

Here's a neat little beach area that'll show up in the film.

Next week they'll be interviewing Kai Makino, the director of CG for the film.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:04 pm

The new version of that castle's still so cool!! :mrgreen:

I love both lighting settings (midday and dusk). I want that setting in a video game. I can't wait to see it in the movie!
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:06 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:New DBMFL post continues to look at the artwork for the film.

The palace at the top of the artwork is King Vegeta's palace. The image on top is from Movie 8, so they took inspiration from that to create King Vegeta's palace for this new movie.

Here's a neat little beach area that'll show up in the film.

Next week they'll be interviewing Kai Makino, the director of CG for the film.
Nice that they kept the palace from the Movie 8 and made it an important location, Broli and Paragus presumbably hid on planet Vampa

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:14 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:

The power of fusion depends entirely on who is fusing with who. They are not fixed tiers of power. Based on how the Potara multiplier works, Vegito Blue after the ToP should be way stronger than MUI Goku (and by default Awakened Jiren & Full Power Beerus also). This is sort-of backed up SDBH where Base Cumber = Jiren according to the game's dialouge, and Vegito Blue had the edge on base Cumber.

So the only way fusions could ever be truly useless is against foes that can magically defuse them at will.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:26 pm

That Palace looks so good. This movie is going to be amazing I just know it.

Also, I am getting a stronger and stronger feeling that we are going to see UI Gogeta and I don't know how I feel about it. From what I can tell it seems that SSB Gogeta wouldn't be enough but UI Gogeta would be overkill and make the fight too dominant and boring.

I definitely wish they kept the Omen design because a Black haired/silver outlined with silver eyes UI Gogeta would look absolutely incredible. Omen just looks better in general.

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:56 pm

I honestly wish they kept the red skies for Planet Vegeta.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:09 pm

Akira Toriyama wrote:The reason why Goku and Vegeta’s children can become Super Saiyan relatively easily is probably (...) because Earth’s environment is gentler and easier to live in than Planet Vegeta.
What are you doing Toriyama? What. Are. You. Doing?

Now Planet Vegeta (supposed to be red and with red sky, but now it's red with blue sky?) is a beautiful planet, with a gentle and easy environment and a huge pool for Saiyans kids to play. Tell me Toriyama, how there has not been any Super Saiyan bargain sale in the past? :|
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:47 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Akira Toriyama wrote:The reason why Goku and Vegeta’s children can become Super Saiyan relatively easily is probably (...) because Earth’s environment is gentler and easier to live in than Planet Vegeta.

Now Planet Vegeta (supposed to be red and with red sky, but now it's red with blue sky?) is a beautiful planet, with a gentle and easy environment and a huge pool for Saiyans kids to play. Tell me Toriyama, how there has not been any Super Saiyan bargain sale in the past? :|
You are saying this because the sky is now blue and not red? Seriously?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:00 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
Grimlock wrote:

You are saying this because the sky is now blue and not red? Seriously?
Lol ikr? Toriyama was obviously referring to how Planet Vegeta was always full of savages who fought a lot while Earth is way more peaceful. Pretty sure he wasn’t actually talking about the “nature” of both planets
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:45 am

Well here’s the thing, the version of Planet Vegeta we are so familiar with is from the Bardock special. Both Planet Plant in Gt and from Bardock’s Episode are based on this.

In King Kai’s filler back flash its dark blue. Raditz’s memory of the planet in the anime is a red, yellow and green planet with to opposing sets of rings.

There’s never actually an official depiction of the planet by Toriyama in the manga. While the man did designs for them at the time, these like the movies were things he didn’t write himself. Its not until Minus that Toriyama ever drew the planet proper and as with Bardock himself, Toriyama’s concept for the planet in his mind these days could be noticeable diffrent what Toeis artists and writers invisioned all that time ago.

Edit: a planet with a blue sky dose not have any bearing on the nature of the race that lives there.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:03 am

Grimlock wrote:

What in the world are you even trying to say? Are you trying to say that just because they had red skies on planet Vegeta they had a more gentle environment than Earth? Your statement makes no sense. Planet Vegeta was filled with savages. Earth was not.
How i predict the tournament will end: