"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:48 pm

Ssb_goku20 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Ssb_goku20 wrote: Last i saw UM4 doesn't release till the 13th
Not long now till something silly with Kanba the best saiyan
Lol. Ironically i do want to see how far they're going to go with Kanba abilities
he's like a new version of old Broly with less insanity. I love it. He's gone from control ring to full blown straight jacket. In fact I'd welcome him showing up if they do an ancient saiyan backstory arc

Ssb_goku20
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Ssb_goku20 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:55 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Ssb_goku20 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Not long now till something silly with Kanba the best saiyan
Lol. Ironically i do want to see how far they're going to go with Kanba abilities
he's like a new version of old Broly with less insanity. I love it. He's gone from control ring to full blown straight jacket. In fact I'd welcome him showing up if they do an ancient saiyan backstory arc
Yeah i would love to see him again

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:56 am

If its revealed that Cumber was the ancient Saiyan that killed Yamoshi then that would be a great story.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Ssb_goku20
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Ssb_goku20 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:58 am

ricky84 wrote:If its revealed that Cumber was the ancient Saiyan that killed Yamoshi then that would be a great story.
True

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:43 pm

The concept of Cumber is interesting, though like some said before he's just a new Broly, there's nothing interesting with his character unlike Shallot who also is Ancient Saiyan, but not stupidily overpowered and has a personality.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:01 pm

Noah wrote:The concept of Cumber is interesting, though like some said before he's just a new Broly, there's nothing interesting with his character unlike Shallot who also is Ancient Saiyan, but not stupidily overpowered and has a personality.
Kanba is a little more nuanced than Broly, but it's subtle. Rather than being a homocidal maniac, he shows genuine respect for his foes, and seems to have an akuma-esque sense of honour in fighting a worthy foe with everything he has. Thats impressive given he's a game character with limited story and screen time, especially when he's not had much screen time in anything other than glorified adverts for the game, and he's showing more than Broly did in his two movies.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:19 am

Kanba is probably Shallots brother or something crazy and they’ve chosen two sides. Evil Saiyan’s and Yamoshi. I’ve noticed manga and anime likes making brothers fight each other.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:54 am

Noah wrote:The concept of Cumber is interesting, though like some said before he's just a new Broly, there's nothing interesting with his character unlike Shallot who also is Ancient Saiyan, but not stupidily overpowered and has a personality.
Gotta object here, Kanba is not a killing machine like Broly he seems be in between Goku battle craziness with Broly cheer unlimited power, thus making him a foe who seek only battle. That's how I feel this character.

Also Rikiya Koyama give him a Badass attitude of his own ♥
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:34 am

Xeztin wrote:Kanba is probably Shallots brother or something crazy and they’ve chosen two sides. Evil Saiyan’s and Yamoshi. I’ve noticed manga and anime likes making brothers fight each other.
then why are they separated in the media?

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:57 pm

I was thinking that if Cumber ends up being the enemy Yamoshi fought and the reason for him to become SSG in the first place, if he ends up becoming SS4 then maybe it could be like SSG and SS4 are opossite transformations from each other kinda like good and evil respectively, just something to add to the lore and make it more interesting, even though Time Patrol is all about SS4 and they are the good guys, there is also that Broly God from that 3D movie, but i think you get the idea.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:14 pm

Dragotaker wrote:I was thinking that if Cumber ends up being the enemy Yamoshi fought and the reason for him to become SSG in the first place, if he ends up becoming SS4 then maybe it could be like SSG and SS4 are opossite transformations from each other kinda like good and evil respectively, just something to add to the lore and make it more interesting, even though Time Patrol is all about SS4 and they are the good guys, there is also that Broly God from that 3D movie, but i think you get the idea.
That would be really interesting. We'll see :)

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:16 pm

Dragotaker wrote:I was thinking that if Cumber ends up being the enemy Yamoshi fought and the reason for him to become SSG in the first place, if he ends up becoming SS4 then maybe it could be like SSG and SS4 are opossite transformations from each other kinda like good and evil respectively, just something to add to the lore and make it more interesting, even though Time Patrol is all about SS4 and they are the good guys, there is also that Broly God from that 3D movie, but i think you get the idea.
Problem with that is Yamoshi was the first SS, not the first SSG. His spirit is used on the ritual but he never became a SSG himself.

I like the idea trough. Kamba himself has odd features in every one of his forms so there has to be an explanation. Rex eyes on base, pupils as SS, orange oozaru fur, etc.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Dragotaker
Regular

Post by Dragotaker » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:12 pm

MisteryOne wrote:
Problem with that is Yamoshi was the first SS, not the first SSG. His spirit is used on the ritual but he never became a SSG himself.

I like the idea trough. Kamba himself has odd features in every one of his forms so there has to be an explanation. Rex eyes on base, pupils as SS, orange oozaru fur, etc.
Now i'm confused, then the part where 6 righteous saiyans made the ritual for one to become SSG and banish the evils saiyans wasn't Yamoshi??? then who was???

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:16 pm

Dragotaker wrote:
MisteryOne wrote:

Now i'm confused, then the part where 6 righteous saiyans made the ritual for one to become SSG and banish the evils saiyans wasn't Yamoshi??? then who was???
The part about Yamoshi turning SSG was retconned, but everything else about him and the ritual is the same.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:49 pm

Dragotaker wrote:
MisteryOne wrote:

Yamoshi has only been mentioned in an interview when Toriyama said he was the first SS and he is the spirit that allows the SSG ritual to be a thing because he died facing evil saiyans. You can check Herms98 twitter to see it.

It never had anything to do with the SSG mentioned in the BoG film but for whatever reason fans confuse them.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:32 pm

MisteryOne wrote:
Dragotaker wrote:
MisteryOne wrote: Problem with that is Yamoshi was the first SS, not the first SSG. His spirit is used on the ritual but he never became a SSG himself.

Yamoshi has only been mentioned in an interview when Toriyama said he was the first SS and he is the spirit that allows the SSG ritual to be a thing because he died facing evil saiyans. You can check Herms98 twitter to see it.

It never had anything to do with the SSG mentioned in the BoG film but for whatever reason fans confuse them.
That interview also has him say the saiyan god and the super saiyan were the same person, we still dont know enough to deconfirm

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:33 pm

I dont think its more a good and evil thing, more beast vs divinity thing

which actually goes right back to Sun Wukong and his War against the heavens from the same lore go starts with. Interesting how it's coming back to the same source thematically.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:16 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
I dont think its more a good and evil thing, more beast vs divinity thing

which actually goes right back to Sun Wukong and his War against the heavens from the same lore go starts with. Interesting how it's coming back to the same source thematically.
Interesting. I never thought of it from that angle.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:23 pm

I can see the writers revealing that Yamoshi, Shallot and Cumber are the ancient counterparts, ancestors and/or reincarnations of Goku, Vegeta and Broly respectively in the future. It would explain allot.

Yamoshi = the lone ancient U7 saiyan that was pure of heart.
Shallot = the mysterious arrogant saiyan with special blood/heritage
Cumber = the overpowered evil saiyan with unique ki and abilities.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:43 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
MisteryOne wrote:
Dragotaker wrote:

That interview also has him say the saiyan god and the super saiyan were the same person, we still dont know enough to deconfirm
It's literally said that Yamoshi just turned Super Saiyan. It's never said that the first Super Saiyan was also the first SS God, but that he is the saiyan god in the way that he is the spirit used on the ritual.

So saying Yamoshi turned SSG is pure headcanon so far that directly contradicts what Toriyama said. Yamoshi turned Super Saiyan after seeing his friends dying yet he was still underwhelmed and died. No SSG is mentioned in that part at all and there is no evidence that he turned SSG, in fact again it's the opposite. He could not have turned SSG because he is the dead spirit needed to use the ritual and turn SSG in the first place. It would be impossible for him to do it.

I don't see what more "evidence" you need. Until Toriyama retcons it (assuming its even going to be actually mentioned on the series), Yamoshi was just the first Super Saiyan. You can headcanon the opposite all you want (this fandom loves to headcanon stuff to try to make sense of things) but it will just be that, headcanon. You can't simply say Yamoshi was the first SSGod because he is pointed out to be the first SS. It's misinformation that only ends up confusing people, like the infamous Saiyan Beyond God thing.

To sum it up, and literally quoting parts of the interview:

"In a certain sense, they are the same person […] Afterwards, Yamoshi's spirit wandered in continuous search […] of a new savior, the Super Saiyan God."

Key words here are "In a certain sense" and "NEW". They were not literally the same person, and SSGod did not exist before Yamoshi died, hence the "new" part. The namekian who wrote about it also just seemed to somehow conect with Yamoshi's spirit, they never actually saw a SSG.