Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Chuquita » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:12 pm

Gine'd need a new design if she's alive though. Considering Paragas, Gine's probably elderly looking too at this point.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:28 pm

Alruneia wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:But then this for Jan's...

:think:
Hey, look, it's Cooler.
...Was my first thought when seeing that silhouette. :lol: But we learned our lesson after people tried to figure out what the silhouette that was replaced with Kefla was supposed to be. Right? :P
True enough but Bandai did make a distinction on the website for the Kafla saying final version might be different but here for HG#01 they completely blanked the mystery character and all of sudden for HG#02 they've now silhouetted one? I don't see why they wouldn't just blank them completely especially since in the same catalogue they blanked the UG #09 "Movie Character". So I feel like this silhouette could be something.

Unless someone at Bandai just wanted to f**k with fans lol.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:44 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:True enough but Bandai did make a distinction on the website for the Kafla saying final version might be different but here for HG#01 they completely blanked the mystery character and all of sudden for HG#02 they've now silhouetted one? I don't see why they wouldn't just blank them completely especially since in the same catalogue they blanked the UG #09 "Movie Character". So I feel like this silhouette could be something.

To me it just looks like Broly without his hair/armor. Compare that pose and the bulging shoulders to the FP Broly in the pic for the other set.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:44 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:True enough but Bandai did make a distinction on the website for the Kafla saying final version might be different but here for HG#01 they completely blanked the mystery character and all of sudden for HG#02 they've now silhouetted one? I don't see why they wouldn't just blank them completely especially since in the same catalogue they blanked the UG #09 "Movie Character". So I feel like this silhouette could be something.

To me it just looks like Broly without his hair/armor. Compare that pose and the bulging shoulders tothe FP Broly in the pic for the other set.
Broly Calvo confirmed :o !!!!!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:50 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:

To me it just looks like Broly without his hair/armor. Compare that pose and the bulging shoulders tothe FP Broly in the pic for the other set.
Broly Calvo confirmed :o !!!!!
:lol:

I imagine in all likelihood that it's just a placeholder image. If it had hair/clothing details it'd give away what it is, defeating the whole purpose of blanking it in the first place.

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:16 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
bleed0range wrote:
Alruneia wrote: Hey, look, it's Cooler.
...Was my first thought when seeing that silhouette. :lol: But we learned our lesson after people tried to figure out what the silhouette that was replaced with Kefla was supposed to be. Right? :P
That dome head makes me think Freeza is going to fuse with Goku or Vegeta.
I don't think the silhouette is meant to be taken literally, as if that's how the character looks like, bald and all
Maybe! But I think I’d be more excited for Golden Freeza fusion than a blue haired gogeta.

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:23 pm

Do you guys believe it’ll be SSB Gogeta or UI? Will he even last 5 seconds? I just can’t see him NOT defusing from the vast amounts of power he’ll give out.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:26 pm

Hawk9211 wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So silhouette speculation time....

Nothing for December's HG...

Vs
But then this for Jan's...

:think:

Also guys UI Goku or Vegeta is 99.9999% not happening. They would not be marketing SSG Goku & Vegeta if UI was in the film and movie marketing drops off after Jan. Bandai already confirmed by saying their Shikishi Art in December will use characters from the movie "DBS: Broly" and from other "DBS" like UI Goku. They've made a separate distinction that the UI Goku they'll use in the December Shikishi Art will not be from the movie. Furthermore UI is not a spoiler. It's a form that already exits it would be marketed already alongside FP Broly there is no reason to hide it especially since UI Goku is a best seller (July's Grandista got the highest case orders a DB figure ever had!). Hell as you can see above Bandai are releasing SSGSS Goku twice for the HG set why would they do that if UI Goku was in the film?

I'll gladly eat crow if I am wrong but at this point not looking very likely.
It's Ultra Instinct Piccolo.
Not funny. :cry:
:lol:

No love for the Piccolo?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:37 pm

kudo6000 wrote:Do you guys believe it’ll be SSB Gogeta or UI? Will he even last 5 seconds? I just can’t see him NOT defusing from the vast amounts of power he’ll give out.
My theory is since this is a Brolli movie that all in-universe logic will be temporarily thrown out the window for the sake of marketing. The masses demand Gogeta despite the sound logic that he won't near instantly defuse? They'll get Gogeta by making the scene time dialate like the ToP or the infamous five Freeza minutes.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:08 pm

Chuquita wrote:
kudo6000 wrote:Do you guys believe it’ll be SSB Gogeta or UI? Will he even last 5 seconds? I just can’t see him NOT defusing from the vast amounts of power he’ll give out.
My theory is since this is a Brolli movie that all in-universe logic will be temporarily thrown out the window for the sake of marketing. The masses demand Gogeta despite the sound logic that he won't near instantly defuse? They'll get Gogeta by making the scene time dialate like the ToP or the infamous five Freeza minutes.
UI is a state of being rather than a form so that shouldn't affect his fusion time limit but like Goku he'll presumably still have an internal limit before he'll drop to base.

For SSGSS it's all about controlling his output, Final KMH is what did Vegetto Blue in, if he didn't have that he might have still had the full hour.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:16 pm

If Jump Festa really does announce Super 2.0, for every dubbed version of the movie that releases after the announcement of Super 2.0, they should add a scene or picture at the end telling the people in the theater that Dragon Ball Super will be returning as a Tv show.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Raphael_Z
Beyond Newbie

Post by Raphael_Z » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:50 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:Besides DB Minus and the amount of retcons this movie may have, I'm also worried about the ending.

Freeza dies again?! Disappointing and redundant at this point.
Broly dies?! Disappointing, because that would mean they just brought him to earn money.
Broly survives and joins the main the cast?! Terrible, because we already have enough Saiyans and he would be just another hype tool for Goku.
They decide to revive Planet Vegeta?! Terrible, because this franchise seriously lack some permanent consequences and we would also have too many Saiyans.

I would like to believe Toriyama will pull off one of his plot twists in the end and make it satisfying, but he's such a wild card. I can't trust him.
I'm surprised you missed the super obvious one: Gogeta defusing right before he does anything, again. Or is that so obvious it's a foregone conclusion?
I doubt Frieza or Broly (or anyone other than Paragus and some fodder troops) will die, they definitely will be a large part of Super going forwards.

But yeah, Gogeta will probably get defused so fans can have Goku defeating Broly "fair and square".

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:22 pm

It would be refreshing if a new trailer would drop at Comic Con, so we get some new juice to sip.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:02 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:It would be refreshing if a new trailer would drop at Comic Con, so we get some new juice to sip.
Most people think a new trailer is gonna drop at NYCC. I hope so too. And hopefully a more story-driven trailer
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:08 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:Besides DB Minus and the amount of retcons this movie may have, I'm also worried about the ending.

Freeza dies again?! Disappointing and redundant at this point.
Broly dies?! Disappointing, because that would mean they just brought him to earn money.
Broly survives and joins the main the cast?! Terrible, because we already have enough Saiyans and he would be just another hype tool for Goku.
They decide to revive Planet Vegeta?! Terrible, because this franchise seriously lack some permanent consequences and we would also have too many Saiyans.

I would like to believe Toriyama will pull off one of his plot twists in the end and make it satisfying, but he's such a wild card. I can't trust him.
I'm surprised you missed the super obvious one: Gogeta defusing right before he does anything, again. Or is that so obvious it's a foregone conclusion?
Obviously the latter, even though I would like to be proven wrong.
Raphael_Z wrote: I doubt Frieza or Broly (or anyone other than Paragus and some fodder troops) will die, they definitely will be a large part of Super going forwards.
Judging by the interviews seems like Broly, Chelye and Lemo will develop a bond. I can see Broly losing control and kill at least one of them.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:24 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:It would be refreshing if a new trailer would drop at Comic Con, so we get some new juice to sip.
Most people think a new trailer is gonna drop at NYCC. I hope so too. And hopefully a more story-driven trailer
I can only hope. A story-driven trailer sounds wonderful and it'd give me more hope for this movie.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:32 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:

Well, if Nozawa and Nagamine make the trip to US, it has to mean something. Nothing has been confirmed, but i guess something additional is going to be revealed.
It's been 2 1/2 months since the first trailer and the same time to go till the premiere. So it would be a logic / normal choice for them to drop second trailer over there.
They surely want to give a final push to keep the hype-train rolling.

If Gogeta indeed is in the movie as everybody expects, we might get a quick glimpse of him, i hope so.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:29 pm

So, doing the math correctly, it's safe to say that the movie will be 108 minutes long?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:33 pm

Herms wrote:You'll cry in the first 20-30 minutes of the film!
This better be something related to the past of the Saiyans. If done correctly, 30 minutes might be enough for me and if that turns out to be well done, I'll watch this movie. Not counting Yamoshi and Tsufuru stuff in that, though those concepts has to be in the movie too.
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~