Mitternacht (Midnight) Elfen Lied AMV

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

residentdoom

Mitternacht (Midnight) Elfen Lied AMV

Post by residentdoom » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:47 pm

Mitternacht (Midnight) Elfen Lied is an AMV that I have recently made. Its very gory and has some nudity. So watch at your own risk. Please tell me what you think.

Here is a link.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xpzbzJj2wHs

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Re: Mitternacht (Midnight) Elfen Lied AMV

Post by Steven Perry » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:33 am

residentdoom wrote:Mitternacht (Midnight) Elfen Lied is an AMV that I have recently made. Its very gory and has some nudity. So watch at your own risk. Please tell me what you think.

Here is a link.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xpzbzJj2wHs
Holy shit, you could've told me there was the decapitation of cute anime girls and the brutal murdering of little puppies.

DAMN YOU!!! :cry:
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

SatoSky
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SatoSky » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:47 am

:shock:

I had no idea that that was what the anime is about. Don't ask me why, but I thought the anime was all about cute anime girls doing cute things.

I'll definitely have to check this series out. :P Thanks!

residentdoom

Post by residentdoom » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:00 am

Its really sad and its not just about killing. I just put all the gory parts together to fit the song.

residentdoom

Post by residentdoom » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:01 am

And I'm sorry about the puppy. :(

Alice
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Alice » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:47 am

I liked it. I mean, I did and I didn't, it was scary but good.

E Nomine is really getting around lately, I wonder why they're suddenly so popular with anime fans. I've seen several AMVs lately using them. They used to be about as obscure as you can get in North America; German language, full choirs, lyrics about religion, German mythology and horror... I was not expecting to see them this much, but they're awesome and deserve more exposure, so I'm glad you are using them.
[size=75]"If television's a babysitter, the internet's a drunk librarian who won't shut up."[/size]

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:50 am

Alice wrote:E Nomine is really getting around lately, I wonder why they're suddenly so popular with anime fans. I've seen several AMVs lately using them. They used to be about as obscure as you can get in North America; German language, full choirs, lyrics about religion, German mythology and horror... I was not expecting to see them this much, but they're awesome and deserve more exposure, so I'm glad you are using them.
Like most other fandoms, Anime Music Videos are a very incestuous hobby. E. Nomime started getting popular once a couple notable people in the scene began using their music, most notably ErMaC in 2001 with "Vater Unser" in Lord's Prayer and again in 2002 when melezov made Pater Noster. "Mitternacht" became well-known through pwolf's video of the same name back in 2003.

It's like how there were suddenly a bunch of Naruto (and other shonen-of-the-moment) videos to Thousand Foot Crutch's "Phenomenon" after Sierra Lorna did Phenomenon (Open Your Soul) in 2005.

That's not to say people shouldn't use the same artists and songs just because it's been done (and done extremely well) in the past, but you can't deny the trends.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Arcwave
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arcwave » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:58 am

Elfen Lied is such a beautiful, but tragic story. Thanks for sharing that AMV! It was done rather well.

/j
Jesse
tricofilms.com

Alice
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Alice » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:24 am

That makes sense. There's no need for you all to just restrict yourselves to E Nomine for this kind of thing, though. There is a whole wide world of gothic electronic music out there, if you want to try something new but similar for AMVs. Look up futurepop artists, they have a very similar sound to E Nomine with usually gothic lyrics. Futurepop is trance, industrial and synthpop blended together - big in the gothic and cybergoth scene. Most, but not all, of these suggestions are futurepop.

If you want something with a really epic sound to it, look up artists like VNV Nation and their songs like "Darkangel." VNV Nation would be great for songs for older male leads, and they're just great period. Older as in not the standard anime teenager, I mean. Assemblage 23 has a lot of epic and mystical sounding lyrics, along with plenty of character songs - look through his lyrics and you're bound to find something for a darker male character song.

Some, like In Strict Confidence, do mostly dark fantasy themed lyrics, their song "Seven Lives" and its many remixes would be perfect for a horror AMV, and I can think of multiple animes it would fit. The Crüxshadows (silly name, I know, and admittedly often cheesy music, but in a fun way), for a different sound, also do a ton of very anime-ish fantasy songs - if you need a theme for a classic hero then "Sophia" would be perfect.

If you want angrier character songs/anti-hero songs with good vocals try Neuroticfish - he would be perfect for a action AMV. Actually, the song "Wake Me Up" would make a really good Majin Vegeta song, now that I think about it. Songs from Imperative Reaction's "Redemption" album would also be good if you want character songs for a anti-hero, especially the title track.

If you want to make a horror AMV with a tough/angry female voice, try Angelspit, though they can be a bit hit and miss. Try "Scorch the Ground" by Seabound if you want a song for a villain. "The Flight" by Edge of Dawn is the ultimate very dark revenge song. Pride and Fall sounds something like E Nomine, look up their songs from the album "In My Time of Dying" if you want hella dark. Their song "Sacred and Profane" would make another good revenge song. Technoir has very nice female vocals, their song "Dying Star" (or the Distorted Reality version if you want a slower song) would make a awesome revenge song for a female lead or a theme for a tragic female lead, could be interpreted either way. Actually, it could have worked very well for Elfen Lied.

L'Ame Immortelle is another with a female lead and gothic lyrics, like in their song "Judgement." Some of them also use a male voice and many of their songs are in German. Check out The Azoic, too. They have a very clear, music video friendly sound for most of their female-only songs. If you wanted a more upbeat and positive song for a tough girl lead, "Let Me Tell You Something" by The Azoic would be excellent.

If you want something more atmospheric, try darkwave bands like Diary of Dreams. Look up the lyrics of their more recent albums, their song "Reign of Chaos" would be a good song for a villain.

Anyway, there is a ton of others, this is just the ones I can think of right now. Look around a bit and you're sure to find plenty of ideas. I don't have the software or DVD collection to make 'em, so I can't use them. :P Sites like lastfm.com are a good way to find new but comparable music, if you search for a artist and then go to the Similar section.

...This is kind of a favourite topic of mine that doesn't get brought up a lot, as you can see... I am known in my very small town as "The Tattooed Goth Girl."
[size=75]"If television's a babysitter, the internet's a drunk librarian who won't shut up."[/size]