Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by CTAkuma » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:46 am

I like the trailer, hopefully they don't ruin Paragus in the movie

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:48 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:He's already conceived Goku so you won't have to worry about that.
Correct. But I'm worried about not seeing Bardock facing lots of soldiers to get to Freeza, and that will piss me off.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:49 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Naww kid Broly looks adorable!
This!!! He is so freaking cute!
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:49 am

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Why you guys get so annoyed with insignificant aesthetical changes?

Some of you complaint about the franchise being stuck in the past but looks like you guys can't let go of the past either with wanting stuff to look how they looked time ago.
Beats me. The last thing I want to see while discussing on these forums is 10 pages of people complaining about how Freeza looks different from that one small panel from the manga.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:50 am

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:51 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Why you guys get so annoyed with insignificant aesthetical changes?

Some of you complaint about the franchise being stuck in the past but looks like you guys can't let go of the past either with wanting stuff to look how they looked time ago.
Beats me. The last thing I want to see while discussing on these forums is 10 pages of people complaining about how Freeza looks different from that one small panel from the manga.
Because it's a design we've been used to for over 20 years? It's blue haired Trunks all over again.

What does "the franchise being stuck in the past" have to do with retcons everywhere?

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:54 am

I guess Broly will survive in the movie and once the movie returns, he will become a complete babyface in the supposed Planet Sadala arc?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:55 am

Xeogran wrote:

Because it's a design we've been used to for over 20 years? It's blue haired Trunks all over again.

What does "the franchise being stuck in the past" have to do with retcons everywhere?
Plus, it looks like he even forgot Bardock is supposed to die confronting Freeza out in space.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:56 am

The trailer looks really nice. I am also not a big fan of minus but, it does exist and lets hope it will be shown in the best way possible in the movie.

The music at the end reminds me of 2001 a space odyssey theme a little.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:58 am

That music definitely sounded like Sumitomo. I like what I'm hearing so far! First track sounded like something that you'd hear in the Future Trunks arc.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:59 am

Grimlock wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:He's already conceived Goku so you won't have to worry about that.
Correct. But I'm worried about not seeing Bardock facing lots of soldiers to get to Freeza, and that will piss me off.
That scene is cool, but at the same time it never made sense to me. I want Bardock to do that thing again, but in a different way.

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Post by Issei189 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:00 am

They didn't show those scenes of Bardock where he was resisting and then he gets killed by Frieza when he threw his death ball at planet Vegeta. Hopefully they don't retcon this.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:02 am

Xeogran wrote:

May as well give purple hair to Base Goku. Let's stop being stuck in the past.

By the way, in DBS manga Toyotaro already gives blue hair to kid Trunks too, which would make Base Gotenks have blue and black hair. C18 has platinum hair now too.

Operation retcon everything is proceeding smoothly.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:03 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:That music definitely sounded like Sumitomo. I like what I'm hearing so far! First track sounded like something that you'd hear in the Future Trunks arc.
Yeah it immediately made me think Trunks arc NEP! Definitely agree the music sounded great. If the narrative manages to be good then we will be in for a phenomenal film!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:04 am

If they're going to spend 30 minutes on this (in a movie that's already covering old ground with Broly), then hopefully there's more to their past then what we've been shown 20 years ago cause so far it just looks like a reanimated, slightly changed version of what we've had for 2 decades. I still think this'll be a good movie in isolation but we can't un-see what we've seen in past content which makes this just more of the same.

Was Vegeta in his 2nd grade Ssj form at the end ? he looked bigger than he did in the first trailer and his hair's spikier. Maybe him and Goku are going to go through all their forms (please let him use Ssj3).
Because they're making changes for the fun of it. Why change something established for no reason ?
FortuneSSJ wrote:All of these are unnecessary changes happening 20+ years later when we could just have I don't know, a new story.
If this movie makes as much as they're expecting (90 million) then you can forget about anything truly new.
ekrolo2 wrote:Let's play a game folks! Can. You. Spot. The. FFFUUUCCCKKKUUUPPP!

It looks like the base form we recognize is what he looks like as he got older while this is a younger Freeza.
Doctor. wrote:I reckon he'll be mentioned indirectly and that will open up doors for him to appear in the main series. Because it's now or never, this would be the chance to canonize him.
I can see something like king cold saying "you get this part of the galaxy while your brother will get the other".
Last edited by sintzu on Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:15 am

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:16 am

Lemo and Chelai may be flashback characters

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:18 am

CTAkuma wrote:Lemo and Chelai may be flashback characters
Now that you mention it..

I hope they're still alive by the present time. Lemo was quite old by then, but Chirai at least..
Last edited by Xeogran on Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:18 am

"Oh no, Freeza's in his original manga colors!"

Good.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:20 am

Goku Vegeta and Broly are now basically destined children, one of the reasons I could see Broly surviving the movie.