Do you think Dragon Ball Evolution is the Worst Movie Ever?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Do you think Dragon Ball Evolution is the Worst Movie Ever?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:46 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Tian wrote:Not really. It may be awful but not the worst. It's not Tommy Wiseau's The Room, it's just a failed Dragon Ball adaptation. That's all.
Actually The Room is so bad that it's "good" for a lot of people.
Now I have the sudden urge to see a parody of that movie featuring DB characters.

'You are tearing me apart, Chi-Chi!'
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:52 pm

It's bad, but its pretty funny, so bad its good if you will. The whole absurdity of Goku going to Highschool, having a bully and wanting to get together with Chi-Chi is hilarious in the context of the franchise. Also "beware the Nemeks"

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:10 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:
Tian wrote:Not really. It may be awful but not the worst. It's not Tommy Wiseau's The Room, it's just a failed Dragon Ball adaptation. That's all.
Now I have the sudden urge to see a parody of that movie featuring DB characters.

That movie is actually now free to watch on YouTube, directly from Tommy Wiseau's channel.

Uwe Boll movies are bad but terrible or the worst ever? Nah, they're actually even enjoyable and entertaining but going by review scores, they all rank pretty darn low (scores don't mean shit to me nowadays). Anything goes, really. Michael Bay's TMNT movie was great in my opinion and I'd not mind re-watching that.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:16 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:

"That's bullshit, I did not hit her, I did not! Oh, hi Kuririn."
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Avenant
Beyond Newbie

Post by Avenant » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:10 am

Anyone who thinks Dragon Ball Evolution is the worst movie ever made hasn't seen "A Nymphoid Barbarian in Dinosaur Hell" or "Battlefield Earth".
"Tell me, is it slavery if you get what you want?"

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:48 pm

The only good casting was Chow Yun-Fat as Master Roshi. This is probably one of the few films I just stopped half way through and never picked it back up and I have watched some bad films.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

lancerman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by lancerman » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:52 pm

No. It's a poor Dragon Ball adaptation. If you never knew anything about Dragon Ball or the manga, it's a somewhat mediocre under budget hero flick comparable to something the Power Rangers would do. It's not really in the realm of worst films ever. It's not a good film either.