Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:07 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:Kale and Broly are the same thing. Berserker is just an adjective used to describe her, nobody ever said she was "super saiyan berserk". Beerus and others said she was "going berserk" aka going out of control. Vegeta in both versions just called her a super saiyan, which is the same as broly, just a special mutant variation. LSSJ and SS berserk are just toei terms that have nothing to do with toriyama and what he calls broly or sees kale as
YES! Thats what I'm saying. They’re only calling Broly’s LSSJ (that’s what ill call it for now) Super Saiyan Full Power because its his version of his Super Saiyan from at its full power. They call Kale’s LSSJ form Berserk because she goes Berserk.

Just because they have differnt names, doesn’t mean they aren’t the same form!
PFM18 wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:Kale and Broly are the same thing. Berserker is just an adjective used to describe her, nobody ever said she was "super saiyan berserk". Beerus and others said she was "going berserk" aka going out of control. Vegeta in both versions just called her a super saiyan, which is the same as broly, just a special mutant variation. LSSJ and SS berserk are just toei terms that have nothing to do with toriyama and what he calls broly or sees kale as
We won't know for certain until the movie. I believe official material in other areas outside of the anime did call her "Super Saiyan Berserk" though.
Na. I asked TDC this just today. They only refer to it as “Berserk”.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:09 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
We won't know for certain until the movie. I believe official material in other areas outside of the anime did call her "Super Saiyan Berserk" though.

The NEP for episode 114 also called her "legendary super saiyan" which flat out contradicts the Z anime since thats exactly what goku was described as. Toei trying to shove broly movie references doesn't mean thats how Toriyama sees Kale and Broly, Hence why broly's green hair form is just super saiyan (full power) and not LSSJ
Yeah, i agree. But i think in episode 114 NEP’s case, when they said legendary Super Saiyan, they weren’t talking about a transformation. I think Goku was just calling her a “legendary” Super Saiyan, using the word legendary as an adjective. But it was no doubt a reference
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:03 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:
goku the krump dancer wrote:Vegetto only exist as he is because Toei got to the Goku/Vegeta fusion before Toriyama did. Chances are, if he does use the fusion dance in this movie, Gogeta will probably look a little different and he might actually go by Vegetto! That seems crazy and unneeded but remember, this is Toriyama guys, he's not browsing Forums and Youtube trying to figure out what his fans want to see. That's a good thing honestly.
Toei is not going to let Toriyama rename their character.
We dont know that for sure.. In the case of Bardock, he not only incorporated him into his main story but he essentially added stuff to the character's own story along with a redesign.. I don't see why he cant do the same for Gogeta. Besides if he DOES decide to change up the look of the metamorian Goku/Vegeta fusion technically it doesn't have to be called Gogeta at all.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:45 pm

zarmack wrote:Vegeta said he would never fight again after the Cell Games because his purpose in that arc was to prove that he was the strongest Saiyan alive. Since Goku had died (and was assumed to never come back), Vegeta's life's goal had ended so he thought of retiring (it didn't stick). Hearing that Goku was coming back for the Tournament in the Buu arc was what brought back Vegeta's obsession with Goku that started after the Namek arc.
Even though his "life goal" ended, in Boo saga it's pretty clear he's still training since he tells Gohan to not stop training even in peace times, and he was interested in joining the tournament before Goku said he'd return, so Toriyama just forgot about that whole "I'll never fight again" thing, since there wasn't even a mention that Goku stopped training.
Most of Super's story arcs are completely irrelevant to each other. Both the RoF and Champa arcs were completely pointless. If you removed them from Super's story then nothing would change much. The events of the ToP arc had little to nothing do with what happened in the Black arc, which itself had little to nothing to do with what happen in the Champa arc.
No RoF = No Freeza in ToP (Since the characters would have no reason to consider him)
No Champa = No Black (Since Zamasu wouldn't learn about the Super Dragon Balls, or learn more about Goku) and no ToP (Since Goku wouldn't have met Zeno, meaning eventualy most universes would just be erased).

And who knows what Goku would have to do without another Zeno to be on Zeno's palace, though arguably that may be the smallest "consequence", but it's still something.
And your arguments about Gohan are completely illogical. Gohan from day one was portrayed as someone who doesn't like fighting. He's only motivated to fight when he is feeling uncontrollable rage or when he is forced to.
Before fighting Cell Gohan never seemed to be exactly a pacifist though, he never tried a "I don't want to fight you" shit with Nappa or Ginyu force or Freeza like he did with Cell, he fought out of necessity sure, but didn't seem to be so against it, specialy since he went to fight the Androids, even though Goku and Piccolo were around and were much stronger than him, and in Boo saga he wanted to fight Dabura, and from the way he reacted it didn't seen to be because Piccolo and Krillin were turned into stone, but because he wanted a good fight.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:20 am

Lukmendes wrote:
zarmack wrote:Vegeta said he would never fight again after the Cell Games because his purpose in that arc was to prove that he was the strongest Saiyan alive. Since Goku had died (and was assumed to never come back), Vegeta's life's goal had ended so he thought of retiring (it didn't stick). Hearing that Goku was coming back for the Tournament in the Buu arc was what brought back Vegeta's obsession with Goku that started after the Namek arc.
Even though his "life goal" ended, in Boo saga it's pretty clear he's still training since he tells Gohan to not stop training even in peace times, and he was interested in joining the tournament before Goku said he'd return, so Toriyama just forgot about that whole "I'll never fight again" thing, since there wasn't even a mention that Goku stopped training.
Most of Super's story arcs are completely irrelevant to each other. Both the RoF and Champa arcs were completely pointless. If you removed them from Super's story then nothing would change much. The events of the ToP arc had little to nothing do with what happened in the Black arc, which itself had little to nothing to do with what happen in the Champa arc.
No RoF = No Freeza in ToP (Since the characters would have no reason to consider him)
No Champa = No Black (Since Zamasu wouldn't learn about the Super Dragon Balls, or learn more about Goku) and no ToP (Since Goku wouldn't have met Zeno, meaning eventualy most universes would just be erased).

And who knows what Goku would have to do without another Zeno to be on Zeno's palace, though arguably that may be the smallest "consequence", but it's still something.
And your arguments about Gohan are completely illogical. Gohan from day one was portrayed as someone who doesn't like fighting. He's only motivated to fight when he is feeling uncontrollable rage or when he is forced to.
Before fighting Cell Gohan never seemed to be exactly a pacifist though, he never tried a "I don't want to fight you" shit with Nappa or Ginyu force or Freeza like he did with Cell, he fought out of necessity sure, but didn't seem to be so against it, specialy since he went to fight the Androids, even though Goku and Piccolo were around and were much stronger than him, and in Boo saga he wanted to fight Dabura, and from the way he reacted it didn't seen to be because Piccolo and Krillin were turned into stone, but because he wanted a good fight.
1. How could Toriyama forget about the "never fight again" thing when the revelation that Vegeta still trained all those years was literally just 2 chapters after Cell Games? The real reason why he still trained anyway was because as a full blooded saiyan, he is hardwired to keep fighting and getting stronger.

2. Zamasu met Goku before he watched him on GodTude and he was aware of the SDB's existence, so the Zero Mortals Plan would have still happened.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:27 am

Broly and Kale do have the same transformation. However with Kale, she can't control her power in the form. They're both their Super Saiyan but for Broly, it's Super Saiyan Broly at his full power - "Super Saiyan Broly (Full Power)". Kale's form is either "Super Saiyan (Berserk)" or "Kale (Berserk)". Somewhere said it was Super Saiyan 2 but can't remember where I saw that

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:46 am

zarmack wrote:1. How could Toriyama forget about the "never fight again" thing when the revelation that Vegeta still trained all those years was literally just 2 chapters after Cell Games? The real reason why he still trained anyway was because as a full blooded saiyan, he is hardwired to keep fighting and getting stronger.
We're talking about the same Toriyama who had Cell's upper half be destroyed and then 12 chapters later he claims that the lump that regenerates Cell's whole body is on his head, so his memory is hardly reliable... Even if he didn't forget about it, then the way it was solved is lame since it's off screen and doesn't even get a mention anywhere, not even in a fitting moment, like say, Majin Vegeta vs Goku, or Vegeta's speech about why Goku is better than him.
2. Zamasu met Goku before he watched him on GodTude and he was aware of the SDB's existence, so the Zero Mortals Plan would have still happened.
I said learn more about Goku, since by watching Goku's fights from the tournament, Zamasu learned that Goku has god ki (Goku only used SSJ2 when they fought in the present), and that pissed him off, and both Zamasu and Gowasu only learned about the Super Dragon Balls because of the Champa tournament, Gowasu heard about them but didn't know they were real and Zamasu didn't know about them at all, that's in episode 57 if you wanna check out.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:58 am

Raditz confirmed!

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:09 am

Herms twitter has links to tidbits from DBH stream

Broly apparently loves to fight like saiyans do

They said this movie will have the greatest battle, he even cites the high budget :lol:

lots of color coding so that we aren't confused during fights

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:12 am

Nappa is supposed to be in his 20s or 30s. So we finally and kinda got his birth date: between AGE 709 and AGE 719. :)
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:59 am

Thoughts on today's Brolli movie updates:

+thoroughly amused that Nappa gets to keep his hair.
+impressed with how spot on modern Toriyama kid Raditz's design is.
+I think I like the update on the tails now hanging looser around their waists than they do in the manga/tv series.
-not happy about more VegeBul in the movie. I get it's a popular pairing and always has been, but it's never been my cup of tea and Super really soured me on it.
-disappointed there was no new footage from the movie during the Heroes video press thing tonight; especially with the knowledge that the movie is finished.
-I'm still waiting for Shueisha to give me something of a hook for this movie beyond the obvious "Hey Goku's in it and the animation's better now.". I want to enjoy the film and I still feel I know very little about how much this movie diverges from Movie 8 and if it's got any character moments I'd be invested in.

17 days left until I presumably find out.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:20 am

Chuquita wrote:I don't want any more year long arcs when the show comes back. The ToP nearly burned me out. I'm much happier with shorter, season-length arcs going forward.

Having year long arcs works for Precure because they reboot the universe every year. Not so much for DBS.
Seriously. I'd be in heaven if we got One Punch Man or My Hero Academia style seasons where there is a clear start and end that feels well put together and has great animation.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:06 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote:
PFM18 wrote:

The NEP for episode 114 also called her "legendary super saiyan" which flat out contradicts the Z anime since thats exactly what goku was described as. Toei trying to shove broly movie references doesn't mean thats how Toriyama sees Kale and Broly, Hence why broly's green hair form is just super saiyan (full power) and not LSSJ
Yeah, i agree. But i think in episode 114 NEP’s case, when they said legendary Super Saiyan, they weren’t talking about a transformation. I think Goku was just calling her a “legendary” Super Saiyan, using the word legendary as an adjective. But it was no doubt a reference
Are people really taking NEPs seriously? They're 4th wall breaking as Goku tells fans not to miss episodes in that. Not meant to be taken seriously.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:10 am

"The new Broly is so cool you'll forget about the old Broly!"

Bandai-Namco: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Grimlock wrote:Raditz confirmed!

That's cute. I figured they wouldn't leave him out but it's nice to see the little guy all the same.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:57 am

Hard to believe they didn't bother to keep Bardock's iconic design and Freeza's iconic anime colors, but young Nappa with hair is still a thing...

Kid Raditz looks great. So far the only character design that I don't like when it comes to the kids is Vegeta. Not only he's too slim, but he seems to be just another Saiyan and not someone from the royalty with the lack of the cape and the crest on his armour that his old design had.

If I have to give something to this Movie in comparison to Bardock TV Special is that it isn't forgetting anyone. Raditz, Gine, King Vegeta, Ginyu Force and King Cold are all welcome. Low key wanted to see Vegeta's mom too.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:06 am

FortuneSSJ wrote: Low key wanted to see Vegeta's mom too.
I want to see Broli's mother too. Broli never really looked like his father, in the old movies and now in Super

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:08 am

This is a minor nitpick, but I really hate how the new designs for the Saiyans have them keep their tails lazily dangling from their waist, instead of being tightened like a belt. I mean, it makes sense for Raditz who always neglected to train his tail, but not for Nappa, Vegeta and Bardock; it gives the impression that they're not orderly or disciplined.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:28 pm

Doctor. wrote:This is a minor nitpick, but I really hate how the new designs for the Saiyans have them keep their tails lazily dangling from their waist, instead of being tightened like a belt. I mean, it makes sense for Raditz who always neglected to train his tail, but not for Nappa, Vegeta and Bardock; it gives the impression that they're not orderly or disciplined.
Ok but they are children though. I mean as a child you probably shouldn't expect them to be super orderly/disciplined.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:42 pm

Here's all our new designs so far!

Kid Vegeta:
Nappa:
Kid Raditz:
Kid Goku
Kid Broly:

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:37 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:This is a minor nitpick, but I really hate how the new designs for the Saiyans have them keep their tails lazily dangling from their waist, instead of being tightened like a belt. I mean, it makes sense for Raditz who always neglected to train his tail, but not for Nappa, Vegeta and Bardock; it gives the impression that they're not orderly or disciplined.
Ok but they are children though. I mean as a child you probably shouldn't expect them to be super orderly/disciplined.
Sure, but Bardock and Nappa are the same.